EDD: August 2012

zaclin29

Wow! You are well prepared to be doing those short listed items. I don't know what brand to get for strollers, car seats etc... Guess I gotta go find out. My hubby has been doing the research for car seats and strollers... Hope he'll be able to find one that's comfy for our princess.

Zac, share with us what you have on your list if you don't mind... By the way, how come some of you haven't do the detailed scan and baby's gender? My gynae did mine in week 13 & it's really accurate that mine's a girl. Plus i'll be going for my 2nd duno what scan on the 2nd week of April. I'm just curious how come mine was done long ago, whereas the majority are doing it in week 20...
Few things I have shortlisted:
Stroller - Baby Jogger City Mini 2012
Baby cost - Buy from Baby Kingdom
Bassinet - Buy from Baby Hyperstore
Breastpump - Medela Freestyler

Car seat still sourcing. Of all, the stroller is the most difficult to decide.. Haha.. We went to stores after stores to check out the strollers... Check youtube vids for reviews and source for good seller... These are the "expensive" items so must research properly.. haha...

Has any mums shortlisted these items?

I think your scan on 13 weeks is Oscar ..
Cos Oscar is done during week 11-13 and detailed scan is later at week 19 onwards. :)

Im doing my detailed scan coming Monday! Excited and cross fingers:))

zaclin29

By the way, just to share with you guys here... The detailed scan is really a wonderful experience. Be prepared to lie on your back for at least half an hour with the doctor scanning your little one and explaining to you on the scanning that he/she will be doing.

You'll be able to hear your baby's heartbeat, see baby's eyes, nose, limbs, head, etc. I can even see my princess's brains through her skeletal skin! And the moment you hear and see the heartbeat, such a huge relief!!! Enjoy it, ladies! :D
Hi perkyperky,
Did u go to hospital to do the detailed scan?
Im surprised that u get to do ur scan so early.
Most of us are scheduled after wk20 where baby's features and limbs are more developed.
At Wk13, doc cant see gender at all for me.

I think your scan on 13 weeks is Oscar ..
Cos Oscar is done during week 11-13 and detailed scan is later at week 19 onwards. :)

Im doing my detailed scan coming Monday! Excited and cross fingers:))
Hi,

My gynae don't do Oscar scan from what I found out. The nurse told me their boss (my gynae) don't do such scans and instead do detailed scans like Genetic Scan (which was what I did in my week 13). The 2nd scan that I am going to do next will be the fetal development scan; it is to go into further details on my baby's heartbeat. Not very sure but this was what I found out from the nurse from my clinic.

Whatever scans that we're going to do, I feel most importantly is to have a healthy baby! Doesn't matter how many or what kind of scans we are having so long our baby is developing well. That is what all parents want. Enjoy your detailed scan soon! =)

Hi perkyperky,
Did u go to hospital to do the detailed scan?
Im surprised that u get to do ur scan so early.
Most of us are scheduled after wk20 where baby's features and limbs are more developed.
At Wk13, doc cant see gender at all for me.
No, I did my scan at Camden Medical. My gynae do not have such advanced equipment, so he got me there to do the scan which was done by another gynae. That gynae was really good as he really get down to explaining to me what he is scanning and the report was given to me straight after. He even gave me a burnt CD on my baby's scans during the process. It was really good, I must say! He only merely told me during my week 13 that my baby is 85% girl. The rest of the 15% was confirmed after I went back to see my gynae.

I think it's because u have an increase in appetite hence the 5kg looks ok for you....
For me, my gynae said it is abnormal to gain 4kg without increase in appetite.... :(

Yes, I do get the small/big tummy on certain days...

From what I know u cannot do massage now... Was told to go for massage when Im abt 7 months to push the placenta up...
Zac,

We can massage the placenta upwards??? My gynae told me my placenta is on the low side and I'm kinda worried as I've been wanting to have natural birth to my girl... My gynae didn't tell me anything about ways to push the placenta up but mentioned that the placenta will normally go up by week 28... Really hope mine will gradually move up.... :(

Dilys

I think it's because u have an increase in appetite hence the 5kg looks ok for you....
For me, my gynae said it is abnormal to gain 4kg without increase in appetite.... :(

Yes, I do get the small/big tummy on certain days...

From what I know u cannot do massage now... Was told to go for massage when Im abt 7 months to push the placenta up...
Zac,

We can massage the placenta upwards??? My gynae told me my placenta is on the low side and I'm kinda worried as I've been wanting to have natural birth to my girl... My gynae didn't tell me anything about ways to push the placenta up but mentioned that the placenta will normally go up by week 28... Really hope mine will gradually move up.... :(
Hi

Placenta will moved up automatically at later stage of pregnancy. You are not allowed to go for massage to push your placenta up..take note If you damage your placenta , baby will stop getting blood & nutrients that will led to pre term labour & even miscarriage.

You have to be positive! Don't do any massage to stress ur baby !

zaclin29

Zac,

this is what i heard from my muslim frens.. they will do massage at later stage... but normally it will move up naturally...

Thanks, ladies! I guess I'll just have to be extra careful with my movements, as my gynae told me not to walk too much or do anything too vigorously.

By the way, I just realised our August 2012 mummies are very quiet here! Other months mummies are hitting more than 200 threads... Ours are just a mere 150 thread altogether. Hi there mummies!!! :wong29:

Jeanie23

Hi Perkyperky and all other August mummies!

So happy to see so many mummies-to-be here. I havent started buying baby stuff yet coz was told by friends to buy them 2 months before delivery. Hubby and I have been looking at diapers, milk powder, bottles, etc recently and only realised there's so many to choose from. Anyone have recommendations on which brands are good?:001_302:

Anyone currently taking up antenatal classes?

Hi Perkyperky and all other August mummies!

So happy to see so many mummies-to-be here. I havent started buying baby stuff yet coz was told by friends to buy them 2 months before delivery. Hubby and I have been looking at diapers, milk powder, bottles, etc recently and only realised there's so many to choose from. Anyone have recommendations on which brands are good?:001_302:

Anyone currently taking up antenatal classes?
Hi there!

Congrats to you too! My hubby and I didn't really shop as well. I was at the taka baby fair last Sunday and we bought the bottle warmer and sterilizer by Philips. Costs us $188. I think it's worthy as it comes with 6 bottles and other freebies. I wanted to get the Medela breast pump too, it's priced at $779 with many freebies too. But I didn't get it in the end. Thought it was all too early... Well, that's the only thing I bought for my princess so far... :)

Oh ya, Jeanie... I just enrolled in the prenatal course by TMC called Parent Craft. My bestie introduced that to me, saying that after you go for this course, you'll be experts of newborn babies!

So I trusted her and went with it even though my gynae is not from TMC. Anyway, it's all about teaching us; first time parents! :eek:

How about yourself and other mummies? Enrolling in any prenatal class?

Jeanie23

Oh ya, Jeanie... I just enrolled in the prenatal course by TMC called Parent Craft. My bestie introduced that to me, saying that after you go for this course, you'll be experts of newborn babies!

So I trusted her and went with it even though my gynae is not from TMC. Anyway, it's all about teaching us; first time parents! :eek:

Hi! I'm thinking of enrolling for prenatal classes but I'm currently staying overseas with my hubby because of his job posting. Will only fly back to Singapore when I'm at 32 weeks. Wonder if it's too late to enroll during that time?? If not, I might find some classes where we are now so that hubby can also participate and learn...:wewink:

So exciting! when are you due?

Hi! I'm thinking of enrolling for prenatal classes but I'm currently staying overseas with my hubby because of his job posting. Will only fly back to Singapore when I'm at 32 weeks. Wonder if it's too late to enroll during that time?? If not, I might find some classes where we are now so that hubby can also participate and learn...:wewink:

So exciting! when are you due?
I guess it'll be too late to enroll such courses at week 32. I heard from the nurses when I called up and they said its better to refrain taking the course when you're near to your delivery date.

I'm soooooooo excited too!!! My due date is on the 18th Aug, how about yours? By the way, having stayed overseas now, how did you manage to find a good gynae? Just being curious if you don't mind me asking... Cheers!

Jeanie23

I guess it'll be too late to enroll such courses at week 32. I heard from the nurses when I called up and they said its better to refrain taking the course when you're near to your delivery date.

I'm soooooooo excited too!!! My due date is on the 18th Aug, how about yours? By the way, having stayed overseas now, how did you manage to find a good gynae? Just being curious if you don't mind me asking... Cheers!
Oh okie...thanks for the advice. Will try to look for classes soon. Mine is 30th Aug. I have done most of my checks in Singapore and will follow up at the international clinic managed by Thomson medical until near delivery and go back to Singapore. We're not sure which gynaes are good too, so just try and if we like him/her, will go back there. If conditions are more serious then we'll fly back to Singapore. :001_302:

zaclin29

Yesterday was exactly my Wk20 and I think I felt the first baby kicks!!
I felt a kick then movement then another kick!
Haha.. I was so shocked and excited!

Hi jeanie,

i think 32 weeks still okay if you were to go for the antenatal class now?
i jus called gleneagles they said that you can do it 2 mths before ur EDD :)

But i think you need to go down personally to secure your booking...
Maybe you want to get someone to help to register first
by the time you come back should be jus nice :)

zaclin29

Hi there!

Congrats to you too! My hubby and I didn't really shop as well. I was at the taka baby fair last Sunday and we bought the bottle warmer and sterilizer by Philips. Costs us $188. I think it's worthy as it comes with 6 bottles and other freebies. I wanted to get the Medela breast pump too, it's priced at $779 with many freebies too. But I didn't get it in the end. Thought it was all too early... Well, that's the only thing I bought for my princess so far... :)
hi perkyperky, I'll be getting the Medela breastpumps online and its about $420..

U can check out : [h=2]http://www.mummysg.com/forums/f81/my-beauty-loft-medela-breastpump-59574/[/h]

zaclin29

Im thinking of taking up the antenatal class from NUH but have yet to talk to them.. Will talk to them next wk on my next appt..
Btw how much is TMC charging per couple and how many lessons are there?

Yesterday was exactly my Wk20 and I think I felt the first baby kicks!!
I felt a kick then movement then another kick!
Haha.. I was so shocked and excited!
Zaclin,

You felt your baby's kicks and movement! I am not sure if what I felt is what they are yet... How does it feel exactly??? :)