EDD: August 2012

Dilys

nope, my gynae @ katong. just back from checkup :) so far so good..
2 more weeks to detailed scan.. feel so nervous. any idea on detailed scan? need blood test too??
Hi

Detailed scan.. Yes gynae will do a blood test & check for bb neck thickness,nose bridge , check bb lips ( see if got. Cleft lips), bb heart & kidneys. . Just relaxed. If u r lucky u will know baby"s gender.

jady

Hi Jeanie :) I'm currently in my 16th week - EDD 30 August. I travel quite a bit usually 20+-hour flights. My ob said it's generally alright to travel if I feel good enough to. Haha, also, tell them you're pregnant and try your luck asking for an ungrade or bulkhead seat cause you need more legroom.

However one problem I've encountered while traveling is the lack of accessible healthcare if needed. I'm not sure about Japan but some countries only see patients with insurance, have long waiting ER time or simply have exorbitant hospital charges when you're not local. Maybe it will be good to locate a few hospitals and their policies before you travel in the unfortunate event that you need medical attention?

zaclin29

Wow! So far all are having baby boy!
But I have a feeling Im carrying a girl.. haha..
Still need to wait 2 more wks for my detailed scan.....

Jeanie23

Hi Jeanie :) I'm currently in my 16th week - EDD 30 August. I travel quite a bit usually 20+-hour flights. My ob said it's generally alright to travel if I feel good enough to. Haha, also, tell them you're pregnant and try your luck asking for an ungrade or bulkhead seat cause you need more legroom.

However one problem I've encountered while traveling is the lack of accessible healthcare if needed. I'm not sure about Japan but some countries only see patients with insurance, have long waiting ER time or simply have exorbitant hospital charges when you're not local. Maybe it will be good to locate a few hospitals and their policies before you travel in the unfortunate event that you need medical attention?

Hi Jady!

Thanks for the reply. Will definitely get travel insurance. Hubby and I have decided to change our travel destination instead for fear of radiation in Japan. Coincidentally, my EDD is also 30 August. Where are you currently seeing your gynae? Mine is at Thomson Medical.

jady

Hi Jeanie, yay that's exciting! We actually have the same EDD! I've been seeing an ob at Paragon but might change to Dr Benjamin Tham at TMC. My friend's baby was delivered by him and she gave him really good reviews. I might arrange for an appointment with his clinic for the 20th week fetal assessment - which is my next scheduled checkup.

Do you know the gender of your baby yet? I'm so excited I cant stop buying baby stuff haha

Jeanie23

Oh icic...I'm currently seeing Dr Tham at Thomson Medical. He's very nice and will try to answer all your questions. Try to get appointments in the early part of the day if you can so that don't have to wait too long.

Ours is going to be on the blue team! How about yours?

Wow! Guess you must have bought alot of baby clothes?? lol...

mer17

I thought 1kg/mth was normal too! I put on nearly 5kg on my last checkup.. i was abt 17 weeks then! Gosh!!
But my gynae did not say nothing on my weight gain thou.. maybe I should ask her on my next appt.
My appetite has increase as compared to pre-pregnant, gets hungry easily!

My tummy is quite obvious now.. someday it seems smaller, but someday like bigger! Anybody experience that?
And btw, any advise if we can do massage now?

I thought that my 1kg/mth was normal too... haiz... but i bettter listen and cut down on carbo... if not later the bb gets to big for normal delivery..

congrats on ur pregnancy!

Hi zaclin29,

I have already scanned for my baby in week 13. I was amazed at how accurate the gynae was! Felt baby movement now too... How about yours?

zaclin29

I thought 1kg/mth was normal too! I put on nearly 5kg on my last checkup.. i was abt 17 weeks then! Gosh!!
But my gynae did not say nothing on my weight gain thou.. maybe I should ask her on my next appt.
My appetite has increase as compared to pre-pregnant, gets hungry easily!

My tummy is quite obvious now.. someday it seems smaller, but someday like bigger! Anybody experience that?
And btw, any advise if we can do massage now?
I think it's because u have an increase in appetite hence the 5kg looks ok for you....
For me, my gynae said it is abnormal to gain 4kg without increase in appetite.... :(

Yes, I do get the small/big tummy on certain days...

From what I know u cannot do massage now... Was told to go for massage when Im abt 7 months to push the placenta up...

zaclin29

Hi zaclin29,

I have already scanned for my baby in week 13. I was amazed at how accurate the gynae was! Felt baby movement now too... How about yours?
Hi perkyperky,

How many wks are u now? I cant feel any movement yet.. Few days ago, I can feel bb in my tummy when I touch my tummy...
I was able to feel it from head to bum... hehe.. so exciting! It's amazing that they have so much "space" to move ard in our tummy now... Sometimes I can see my tummy is slanted to one side so I know it's there resting and I will rub rub it... :)

Zac,

I'm in week 18, going to week 19. Ya, you're right with your descriptions! It's really amazing how our little one can move so much inside us! Lol! I simply can't wait for mine to come to this world!!! excitessss!!! My EDD is 18 Aug. How about yours? Mine's a girl, n I'm so gonna shop for her stuffs soon! Wonder if it's too early to be shopping now... :p

belovedginz

Wow!! U can feel baby from head to bum..? That's so amazing! I feel nothing at this point.. Haha!! I'm 18weeks now.. Dunno baby's gender too, so anxiously waiting for week 20.. Detailed scan.. :)

zaclin29

Zac,

I'm in week 18, going to week 19. Ya, you're right with your descriptions! It's really amazing how our little one can move so much inside us! Lol! I simply can't wait for mine to come to this world!!! excitessss!!! My EDD is 18 Aug. How about yours? Mine's a girl, n I'm so gonna shop for her stuffs soon! Wonder if it's too early to be shopping now... :p
Congrats for getting a princess!
My EDD is 12 Aug and have yet to know the gender.. Hope to find out during the detailed scan!

Heard that it's better to start shopping when u are in yr 2nd trimester.. otherwise u will get too heavy to do any shopping in 3rd trimester... I have shortlisted a few strollers, car seats, baby cot, bassinets currently since those are the big items...
For clothes I will get most of them from friends to pass down to me...

zaclin29

Wow!! U can feel baby from head to bum..? That's so amazing! I feel nothing at this point.. Haha!! I'm 18weeks now.. Dunno baby's gender too, so anxiously waiting for week 20.. Detailed scan.. :)
Haha.. it was my hubby who felt it actually.. but we are not too sure if it's really the head to bum.. but when we press it along the outline, it does feel like head to back spine to bum.. hehe....

belovedginz

Zac,
Wow! I can't wait to be able to feel my baby too, so exciting!! Anyway ya, my gfs also told me best to shop during 2nd trimester.. Before tummy becomes too huge & heavy!! :) So I try to buy stuff here & there..

Wow! You are well prepared to be doing those short listed items. I don't know what brand to get for strollers, car seats etc... Guess I gotta go find out. My hubby has been doing the research for car seats and strollers... Hope he'll be able to find one that's comfy for our princess.

Zac, share with us what you have on your list if you don't mind... By the way, how come some of you haven't do the detailed scan and baby's gender? My gynae did mine in week 13 & it's really accurate that mine's a girl. Plus i'll be going for my 2nd duno what scan on the 2nd week of April. I'm just curious how come mine was done long ago, whereas the majority are doing it in week 20...

By the way, just to share with you guys here... The detailed scan is really a wonderful experience. Be prepared to lie on your back for at least half an hour with the doctor scanning your little one and explaining to you on the scanning that he/she will be doing.

You'll be able to hear your baby's heartbeat, see baby's eyes, nose, limbs, head, etc. I can even see my princess's brains through her skeletal skin! And the moment you hear and see the heartbeat, such a huge relief!!! Enjoy it, ladies! :D