EDD: August 2012

zaclin29

My colleague was telling me he bought a total of 50 pairs of mittens n booties...I was like :wideeyed:
thats alot of mittens! haha..
my fren told me to get min. 20 rompers.. cos she said baby will wear like 3-4 pcs per day (sometimes they vomit, pee, sh*t on it)..
and if weather not good, wont dry that fast.. unless u have dryer...

another one advise me to get those 0-6mths clothes.. cos they will outgrow 0-3mths very fast and depends how big is ur baby...
i dont have alot of clothes now.. like <10 rompers only.. mittens only 5 pairs.. socks only 5 pairs...
cos im still waiting for people to pass me their baby's clothes.. hehe...

anyway if really not enough then i will ask hubby to go and buy later... i have yet to check out the shop at bugis u girls mentioned previously...

sora

added myself in! :)

UPDATES:

hushhush - EDD 1 Aug - Thomson Medical - Girl
Yingver07 - EDD 2 Aug - Thomson Medical - Girl
Mer17 - EDD 8 Aug - Parkway East - Girl
Maylim - EDD 8 Aug - Thomson Medical Center - Girl
zaclin29 - EDD 12 Aug - NUH - Girl
Simgeraldine - EDD 13 Aug -Thomson Medical Center - Boy
Perkyperky - EDD 17 Aug - mount E - Girl
Bertrande - EDD 17 Aug - mount A - Girl
Steffywoofy - EDD 17 Aug - gleneagles - Girl
MommyDioR - EDD 21 Aug - mount A - Girl
Mamamarie - EDD 23 Aug - NUH - Boy
Autumn82 - EDD 25 Aug - Thomson Medical -

TutTut - EDD 26 Aug - Mount A - Girl
Ch0c0l4te - EDD 27 Aug - Thomson Medical - Boy
Wendy - EDD 28 Aug - Thomson Medical - Girl
Sora - EDD 28 Aug - Mt E
WinnieGarnet - EDD 29 Aug - Thomson Medical - Boy
Bluemit - EDD 30 Aug - Thomson Medical - Boy
problemgal - EDD 30 Aug - Kandang Kerbau Hospital - Girl
Elisheva - EDD 30 Aug - Mount A - Girl

bertrande

added myself in! :)

UPDATES:

Sora - EDD 28 Aug - Mt E
It's a little surreal that the first few August mummies are due in 1+ months' time!!

sora

my fren told me to get min. 20 rompers.. cos she said baby will wear like 3-4 pcs per day (sometimes they vomit, pee, sh*t on it)..

another one advise me to get those 0-6mths clothes.. cos they will outgrow 0-3mths very fast and depends how big is ur baby...
i dont have alot of clothes now.. like <10 rompers only.. mittens only 5 pairs.. socks only 5 pairs...

anyway if really not enough then i will ask hubby to go and buy later... i have yet to check out the shop at bugis u girls mentioned previously...
Hi zaclin! I went to the bugis shop b4.. but didn't buy anything... the designs of e clothes r v minimal.. basically u'd b choosing just between long/ short, coloured/ white.. if i rem it correctly, they r all in packet of 6.. if its coloured, there'll be 2 blue, 2 pink, 2 yellow.. if white, then all 6 r white..

anyways, just wanna ask if any mommies r buying fr there, mabbe we can share the packets? Buying coloured, my bb is a boy, dun want him to say mami force me to wear pink when he sees photos later.. hehe... buying white.. then i need to buy 6 white... v boring hor...

lemme know if anyone's interested to share! Am easy whether to get more pants/ shirts, long/ short etc.. since they r selling it q cheap, just wanna stock up a few more clothes for bb... better than later dun hv enough..

sora

forgot to put in gender!

UPDATES:

Sora - EDD 28 Aug - Mt E - Boy

sora

Have u girls bought e stroller and car seat already? Which brand/ models hv u bought? :)
Am still undecided! hehe..
stroller, am torn between baby jogger city mini & bugaboo bee!
car seat, not sure whether to get the infant car seat or the convertible one, which can acc infant - toddler...

bertrande

Have u girls bought e stroller and car seat already? Which brand/ models hv u bought? :)
car seat, not sure whether to get the infant car seat or the convertible one, which can acc infant - toddler...
i bought a joolz (not yet delivered...only to be delivered in July) and a Maxi Cosi Pebble. I also got a 2nd hand maxi cosi (cannot remember the model) for ages 12 months and above from a friend.

Sora, I haven't buy the stroller nor car seat yet too. We're also contemplating between bugaboo bee and maxi Cosi mura 4.

My hubby thinks bugaboo bee looked weird in terms of proportion to his build but i love the design. Maxi Cosi mura 4 looks so comfy to me with all its cushions etc... *confused*

I've yet buy any cot nor playpen too. We are discussing and exchanging views about cots and playpens in FB. You might wanna join! ;)

sora

Hi bertrande and perkyperky!

aiyayayaah! am waiting for hushhush to add me! wait for me hor! hehe
*thanks hushhush!

playpen - i've bought a v simple graco pack & play fr mums & babes @ wheelock for bb to take short naps in the living rm... discounted @ $99 but then... after i bought the playpen, the salesgirl suggested me to buy an additional mattress (babysafe etc) to put in the playpen cos the original one is gonna be too hard for newborn to sleep on... ??

Amazon.com: Graco Pack N Play Playard, Camo Joe: Baby

cot - i bought a local (??) brand Baby One (frame made in vietnam) w latex mattress fr Kiddy Palace... just a random pick, impulsive buy.. (oops :p)
anyways, does anyone know why cot mattress are usually latex/ rubber/ coconut husk instead of coil?

BABY ONE 4N1 Convertible Cot (3 Latex Mattress) [808LATEX] - S$509.00 : Baby Town, leading supplier of Baby strollers, high chairs, car seats and toys

bertrande

Hi bertrande and perkyperky!

aiyayayaah! am waiting for hushhush to add me! wait for me hor! hehe
*thanks hushhush!

playpen - i've bought a v simple graco pack & play fr mums & babes @ wheelock for bb to take short naps in the living rm... discounted @ $99 but then... after i bought the playpen, the salesgirl suggested me to buy an additional mattress (babysafe etc) to put in the playpen cos the original one is gonna be too hard for newborn to sleep on... ??

Amazon.com: Graco Pack N Play Playard, Camo Joe: Baby
WOW that's really cheap!! I bought mine at the Taka fair and it was like $130 and I thought that was cheap!!

Elisheva

50 Pairs is too much . Only wear 1 month. But I bought alot of front button rompers. Scared hubby dont't know how to put on for baby with the normal pull down rompers.

I'm going to order more. Maybe I can help everyone to order. What we see in g market n push cart r the stuff that I'm able to get in china. Let me see if this week my items arrive. Will share the photo of what I bought.

Ya! My hubby put all the normal pull down rompers aside...
He said.. no front buttons... LOL!:001_302:

zaclin29

I have decided to get the Baby Jogger City Mini 2012 + Universal Adapter + Maxi Cosi Cabriofix....
Have not bought it yet though... The whole set selling at Mothercare for almost $1k I think...
So I might be getting it online instead :p

KiBin

I haven't pack anything into the hospital bag too... hmmm.. haven't really list out what to bring...

Mummies delivering at Mt A, have you got any idea what to bring..? A friend who just delivered at Mt A 3 months back sent me a list... but I haven't go through it... :)
I can't remember of hand.. only remember the following:
1) IC of you and hubby
2) marriage cert for baby name registration
3) 2 sets of mittens
4) blanket for baby

They will provide you with a tub when you discharge.

I will provide a more complete list later tonight if i manage to log on again.

hushhush

Anyone interested in this product? My cousin is helping me to get it at $23 per bottle with free local Aug Mummy, anormal postage. This is her 2nd baby and she delivering in NOV, so she helping me to get it earlier. Please PM as I don't want to Spam everyone, Let me know by this Friday as I will be the First person to go for delivery in Aug so need it urgently.

Those on the FB that already order, don't need to send me PM again.
Star Health Pte Ltd

here is the review, New Mama Bottom Spray - Eases discomfort of postpartum soreness, swelling, episiotomies and hemorrhoids

Bluemit

Avoid going on Sun as they r close...