EDD: August 2012

mer17

How big is your baby nw? My gynae also said mine might be ard 3.4kg during birth, which is consider quite big. I'm considering C-sect.. haven decide. Gynae said if my baby choose to come out now, then she's still quite small, so can still go natural.

So initially ur EDD is not Aug 8?

Hi mer17, I am not sure whether will or not... mine has to be csect coz doc say he is too big, also Aug 8 is 38weeks... but doc say full term can take out. What about your case is it natural birth? I will be at Thomson.

CLady

Hello All Mummies,

My baby's due in Aug'12. it's my first baby, getting nervous but excited. Planning to take leave early as too tired standing
and walking around.

I'm considering natural delivery. Takes how long fully recovery ? Don't know what to bring when admitted hospital later.

Frenchkitty

Im now 33 weeks.. EDD 26 aug. On Hospitalisation leave all the way till delivery (about 4 weeks).
super nervous and scared.. havent pack hosp bag, havent bought sanitary pads & diapers!

engravedx

Clady, i gave birth to my girl naturally. I had episiotomy so had to stitch up and it took about 2 weeks for the pain and discomfort at the vagina to go away. But for your body to fully recover should take an average of 6weeks. I'm on my 3rd week after birth now and I feel normal. Just that I will feel easily tired from doing things. My hips and pelvic are still a lil stiff, but bearable, though not as much compared to the previous weeks when it hurt so badly.

engravedx

mer17, i gave birth to my girl naturally w/o epi and she was 3.570kg at birth. Somemore she was only 37w2d when she decided to come. Imagine her weight if she reached 40w! *heng* and during her scan on 34w, she was alr estimated 3.2kg. For your bb, 32w only 2.2kg, i seriously doubt she will go until 3.4kg at full term..

Anw, it's best to try for natural cos if u dont even try, how u gonna know u cant push your bb out? The weight is only an estimate anw. Might turn out to be lighter? If u can go for natural, just go for it..

Last edited:

babeluv

How big is your baby now? My gynae also said mine might be around 3.4kg during birth, which is consider quite big. I'm considering C-sect.. have not decide. Gynae said if my baby choose to come out now, then she's still quite small, so can still go natural.

So initially your EDD is not Aug 8?
This date was given by doc coz of the C-sect. If naturally then we dont know when... but he advise against natural for me I think also I don't hve much confidence...

zaclin29

Im now 33 weeks.. EDD 26 aug. On Hospitalisation leave all the way till delivery (about 4 weeks).
super nervous and scared.. havent pack hosp bag, havent bought sanitary pads & diapers!
Im 36 wks and have not done all of that too! So super kan cheong now too..... Keep procrastinating.... :p

Jemimah

hi mommy:)

i believe this might help... :)
HOSPITAL BAG
baby clothes
mittens
swarddle
disposable nursing pads
maternity pads
baby hankerchief
disposable panties
plastic bags
nipple cream

Frenchkitty

Re: hi mommy:)

Thanks Jemimah for typing out the list :) I think we need to bring Marriage cert also (from what I read in MAH admission letter).

Zaclin29: wah your EDD nearer than mine.. hahaha same I keep on takin my own sweet time.. and also because I'm now having alot of discomfort in my pelvis & back, walk or stand too long cannot, so quite inconvenient for me to go buy those last minute things like Ru yi oil, diapers, milk powder (standby first), etc etc..
Wish you a smooth & speedy delivery ! :D

astromabel

Hi mummies, am a aug mum too. 34weeks already but placenta still low lying.. Anybody knows what can helps in improving? Like walk more or? Read in the net, nothing can be done but depends on the growth of the womb:(

TutTut

astromabel,

you may want to try to sleep on your right. I have low-lying placenta during the earlier stage (19~20th week)... I read from one of the threads that sleeping on the right helps to "push" the placenta up.. Coincidentally, I have been sleeping on my right.. during one of the scans in my 28~29 weeks, gynae told me placenta is not low... so you might want to give it a try...

Hi mummies, am a aug mum too. 34weeks already but placenta still low lying.. Anybody knows what can helps in improving? Like walk more or? Read in the net, nothing can be done but depends on the growth of the womb:(

astromabel

Tuttut, thanks for the suggestion, will try it.. Hope it can move up, don really wan a c sect..
Any idea what to avoid doing too? My dr say avoid squatting too much.

Last edited:

astromabel

Hey mummies, theres a baby expo coming up this friday. Guess could do last min shopping
Time:
20 -21 Jul: 11am to 9pm
22 Jul: 11am to 8pm

Organiser: Vivacious Media Pte Ltd
Contact Details:
Tel: +65 6404 3676
Fax: +65 6343 9600

Email: sales@vimedia.com.sg
BABY EXPO provides you with amazing choices and unbeatable value on everything for your pregnancy, baby and toddler.
Get set to make the most of our HOT DEALS & GREAT PROMOTIONS!

magdalenechoo