EDD August 2013

Dragontail

Thanks for all your well wishes. I'm sure I'm catching all your good luck dust.

To contribute a little here in this thread, I agree that SG retailers charge crazy for maternity wear (I agree on the high price tag for just a simple pair of shorts). I am lucky I can get stuff from taobao regularly. Price is merely a quarter of what I can get in SG. Quality wise is acceptable. I have some gfs also buy them from Q100. Really can save some money there.

My first pregnancy I was already showing bump at first trime and I refused to cave in to buying much maternity wear in SG. I wanted very much to still wear my current clothes! I still wore my work pants/skirts but I improvised my own belly band (the real belly band costs $40 ish I believe. Just for a piece of simple cotton fabric?). I cut the top part of my many cheap plain cotton tight fitting camisoles. It will become a good belly band. I unbuttoned or unzipped halfway of my pants/skirts and go over the zip part with the cut camisole. It works very well. Alternatively, if you have those plain "tube" tops, I'm sure they work fine too.

But perhaps this wont work into later part of the pregnancy because you probably have to change your whole wardrobe with the ballooned butt which doubt can fit into old bottoms ;p

escape0712

Wa! 45 bucks for 1 pair of shorts? Omg I think I shall look online too. Dragontail, you are really creative! I doubt I have that kind of talent to DIY!

lyra

Sigh... I just found out that I'm preg with second baby. I may be EDD aug/sep... Well, having 2 kids isn't easy in SG. Besides I was planning to place first one in CC when he's 18 mth n then look for a job, and this preg is gng to change all the plans. :embarrassed:

wlilian

Hihi... good morning all the mummy.... I m expecting my first bb for 7 weeks n always wake up at this hrs:(
I have a bad gastric discomfort. . & constipation since I 6week pregnant :( I heard once pass 3mth all will back to normal?
Hi Cyee, not sure if gastric = to cramps....but my doc advice me to drink prune juice if i have constipation and it worked on me. Yah i read online it mention that usually 7-8 weeks is the peak period, whereby you might get morning sickness if you dont have it, you might pee even more....

I told my cousin wife that i am waking up around every 3 hours to pee in the night now and she ask me to inform this to my doc...as there is a possibility of low placenta...i am having my next appointment with my doc next sat...most likely will check it out with him....

wlilian

Sigh... I just found out that I'm preg with second baby. I may be EDD aug/sep... Well, having 2 kids isn't easy in SG. Besides I was planning to place first one in CC when he's 18 mth n then look for a job, and this preg is gng to change all the plans. :embarrassed:
Its a blessing...:) God will provide....no worries...Just stay positive...

ysirene

Happy new year mummies. How's everone doing? I'm on 8wks now, still riding on a roller coaster everyday with nausea.... Just to share the experiences so far:
- lost appetite
- severe vomitting cant drink/eat well
- admitted thrice to be on drips (total 10 nights)
- lost 4+kg
- bigger breasts (the bra is super uncomfortable)
- no energy
- my poor hubby is going all house chores 100%

Time seems going extremely slow for me these days. I'm counting every minutes to pass. No strength to do anything. My hospitalization leaves end today. Sigh. This is quite far from the pregnancy journey that i dreamt of... Hopefully MS gets over soon

wlilian

Happy new year mummies. How's everone doing? I'm on 8wks now, still riding on a roller coaster everyday with nausea.... Just to share the experiences so far:
- lost appetite
- lost 4+kg
- no energy

Time seems going extremely slow for me these days. I'm counting every minutes to pass. No strength to do anything. My hospitalization leaves end today. Sigh. This is quite far from the pregnancy journey that i dreamt of... Hopefully MS gets over soon
Wow your nausea is very terrible...i heard those admitted to hospital on trip is terrible....hopefully yours will end by WK 14 latest....cause i heard for those who still carry on after wk 14...most likely it will carry through out the pregnancy...

Hang on there..:)

wlilian

Guys..i heard that there will be a baby expo on 18-20 Jan.....my friend was telling me to go and take a look but dont buy first....usually discounts are higher during march-june expo sales....but it will be good to take a look and have an idea what to get...

lyra

- lost appetite
- lost 4+kg
- no energy

My goodness, this is bad! Poor mummy. Hope you get well soon! I had bad MS in first trimester for my first preg and I lost about 6kg. Imagine losing so much weight! But not so bad that I have to go hospital. My MS gradually went away by 6 months, so hang in there, it will be better soon!

For this preg, this baby is more guai. I have no morning sickness, just discomfort in the evening, and craving for sweet stuff. But I had contracted stomach flu virus last week and couldn't eat plus, pregnant and couldn't have strong medications, so I have to be warded and put on drip for 3 days, the feeling was so horrible, I thought I was going to die. Now I survived. I'm more positive and I hope my baby will be well. She has to go through all the sufferings with me too in the hospital :(

wlilian

Hmm...having flu...have not speak to my Gyne yet...appointment this saturday...does anybody know how should i go about doing this? Does Gyne give flu meds or should i go G.P? Is it safe to take medication? T.T

ysirene

wlilian - must take medicine that's safe for pregnancy oh. If i were you, will get it from gynae.. Try changing ur appt earlier?

munmun

Hi all mommies, i'm new to this thread. I'm currently pregnant with second baby, tested +. EDD is early in Sept 2013. My first daughter is 14 months born in Oct 2011.
The only concern, that i don't have much vagina discharge for this 2nd pregnancy. Now i'm week 6 +. No morning sickness compared with my 1st bb.
I've make appointment for a scan next tues, that time will be week 7.

Congratulations to all parents to be!

We believe that all babies are priceless gifts and miracles and mummies deserve to be well informed and taken care of immaculately. Aixin Mummies confinement and wellness sanctuary is a one stop confinement and wellness center for mummies. Services we offer include pre/post natal yoga, lessons on infant care and pre/post natal care, first aid for infants, professional confinement care and stay in confinement services etc. Please feel free to contact us at 98228876 or email aixinmummies@gmail.com for further enquiries.

bunnybee

Hello mummies :) I've got a question on vitamins, currently I'm in my 8th week, and the doc only ask me to take 1 Materna multi vit a day that she prescribed and nothing else, don't even need to take folic acid separately. Any mummies taking other vitamins (like for baby's brain growth etc) ?

wlilian

Hello mummies :) I've got a question on vitamins, currently I'm in my 8th week, and the doc only ask me to take 1 Materna multi vit a day that she prescribed and nothing else, don't even need to take folic acid separately. Any mummies taking other vitamins (like for baby's brain growth etc) ?
Hi All, wondering if any of you had your scan done recently. Its very exciting!! I managed to see my baby already. He/she is (9 weeks and 5 days) and when doctor was scanning him/her, he/she was waving fantically at us!! He/She was moving her hand very fast, like saying hi to us.....

Hmm...during my this visit, doc tell me to carry on with my folic acid & B6 vitamin, on top of it he also gave me vitamins supplements & DHA pills...for baby brain and eyes.....taking quite a bit of supplements now. But this is what i heard, after 1st trimester you can start taking supplements...Could be because my next schedule visit will be 1 month later on 8 Feb...i guess that is why doc is giving me all these pills to take already....

MamaLve

wow!!! wlilian, you make me even more excited to see my BB this coming sat!!! =) By then I will be 10 weeks and 6 days. =p

wlilian

wow!!! wlilian, you make me even more excited to see my BB this coming sat!!! =) By then I will be 10 weeks and 6 days. =p
Lol...then you can see baby hands and leg moving.....my friend one can see it during week 10 already..... ^.^
Before the scan i was telling my baby....today doctor going to scan you....so daddy mummy can see you k.....Be good boy (i actually feel i am expecting a boy)

MamaLve

Lol...then you can see baby hands and leg moving.....my friend one can see it during week 10 already..... ^.^
Before the scan i was telling my baby....today doctor going to scan you....so daddy mummy can see you k.....Be good boy (i actually feel i am expecting a boy)
Haha.. I got the same feeling like you too!!! I felt is a boy.. =)

lynntoh

halo all! i'm also having my 2nd child edd aug 2013 =) happy to know so many mummies who have the same edd as me! cant wait to see my little one for the first time this fri with dr tham!