EDD August 2013

Oh yah...just becareful the dosage of folic acid you take. I read online saying cannot take too much folic acid also max 800g? if not there is a chance baby will have autism....

Will be checking with my doc the next visit whether should i still be taking folic acid..as what i heard folic acid is only for first trimester?
the nurse asked me to stop the folic acid as they change to the multi vitamin for me. anyway i only have a few left so i stopped eating lor.

mayakamrsfoo

Dont worry too much....stress is also not good for baby....hmm...if you are now in 9 weeks...means by the next scan you will see baby waving at you already!!! that will be a wonderful feeling for you :)
Mayakamrsfoo, i know how you feel. i'm 33 this yr, having my first baby. I was diagnosed with PCOS and my menses was never regular. i went thru a lot of western medicine and TCM, this baby come just when i was about to give up and go for IUI.

i know the wait is horrendous. but trust in urself, trust in ur bb. everything will be fine. dun be too stressful, stress is not good for us. distract urself, start on a korean/hong kong drama. surf youtube for funny videos and think on the bright side. ur baby is strong so you also need to be strong for your baby.

we are here to share each other's joy and worries. if u need someone to talk to, or if u have any queries, we can all share what we know with you.

Jiayou! I'm sure your baby is fine. =)
Yah, it's so nice to know all the other mummies here and I learn alot from everyone here. Me and hubby have been trying for about one and half years then still no news. I was about to ask my friends to recommend a gynae to me to do some checks then suddenly I found out that I was pregnant last week. Now looking forward to meet the little one next Monday. :)

Snakemummy26,
If my EDD is really same as yours then the latest date I have to go for oscar scan should be before 21st Feb I think. I hope they will still have available slot for me. Do you think I can call them up to make an appointment first or we need to be referred by the doctor?

BDPANDA

Today I went for my Oscar scan, baby was very cooperative took 15 min for the scan..at 1st I was worry baby will be hard to scan.
Saw baby leg keep kicking and still use hand to cover his/her face. So funny...
To me the blood test is painful..cuz I nv done it before so the lady couldnt find my vein and tried 2 time and only manage to have a little blood. Now hand blueblack le..>.<
Mummies gng to Oscar scan remember to keep ur bladder full it really helps....:)

I think doc will ask u. Then nurse will arrange the date for u. I think will still have slots. Dun worry. If u haven't seen the doc n let doc confirm ur edd, the nurse might not let u book for oscar scan via phone.

Oh yah...just becareful the dosage of folic acid you take. I read online saying cannot take too much folic acid also max 800g? if not there is a chance baby will have autism....

Will be checking with my doc the next visit whether should i still be taking folic acid..as what i heard folic acid is only for first trimester?
I had checked with my gyane before, he said is almost not possible for folic acid overdose. No worries.

mayakamrsfoo

I think doc will ask u. Then nurse will arrange the date for u. I think will still have slots. Dun worry. If u haven't seen the doc n let doc confirm ur edd, the nurse might not let u book for oscar scan via phone.
Thanks Snakemummy26. Guess I still have to guai guai wait for Monday's arrival.

babykling

Paigepaige:750790 said:
I will be doing oscar scan next sat and still thinking whether should I go for it or not because I'm only 25 and hubby is 29. But like some say DS can affect any age you are in. Need some opinions!
Paigepaige.. my doc says if mother's age is 25-26. The percentage of down syndrome babies is 1/800. So u judge it on how comfortable u are lor.. if doing the test makes u at ease, then why not?

I am going for my Oscar during CNY period at TMC too, the nurse booked for me during my 1st appt which is my 6 weeks.
My doc cannot confirm my EDD during the first appointment, so can only book the oscar scan on my second appointment lor... haiz.... need to pay extra for coz i'm doing it on sat... =(

Paigepaige

Paigepaige.. my doc says if mother's age is 25-26. The percentage of down syndrome babies is 1/800. So u judge it on how comfortable u are lor.. if doing the test makes u at ease, then why not?
Thanks. Hubby still insist we should take to ease our mind. :)

Paigepaige

Hi Paigepaige,
Erm, if it doesnt bother you, den maybe you can opt out for this scan.

But, if you want to play safe, it is worth spending the amount of money. =) Although is pricey. But, at least yesterday baby bonus announcement did help out abit la.. haha.. =p
Haha, i hope so. Decided to go with the test to ease our mind. I had a friend she's my age and she gave birth to a down syndrome daughter when she was 20. Abit scary and sad to hear that.

My doc cannot confirm my EDD during the first appointment, so can only book the oscar scan on my second appointment ... sigh.... need to pay extra for coz i'm doing it on sat... =(
How could this be possible? EDD is calculated based on the following 2 ways.

1.first day of your last period, or
2. When your gyane perform a virginal ultra-scan able to measure the size of the baby and the ultrasound system will automatically calculate number of weeks and days for the baby base on the size and hence can be use to confirm the EDD.

How could this be possible? EDD is calculated based on the following 2 ways.

1.first day of your last period, or
2. When your gyane perform a virginal ultra-scan able to measure the size of the baby and the ultrasound system will automatically calculate number of weeks and days for the baby base on the size and hence can be use to confirm the EDD.
The doc did mention that my EDD is 28 Aug, but becoz my menses irregular one... and plus i got PCOS, my first appt with doc can only see sac and yolk inside. tat time i was abt 6 weeks.

then second appt doc say ok, confirm 28 Aug, then he told me abt the OSCAR scan and the nurse then help me book the date...

haiz... nvm lah, 20+ still ok for me. sat i no need take leave mah. hahaha... after that can go shopping.

now everything must think on the positive side. my mum say if everyday worry abt this worry abt that, baby come out will look grumpy one.

lol....

Dr Arthur tseng definitely! He gave birth to my 1st last year feb. very caring and gentle gynea
Welcome your 1st post your here with recommendation of your doctor. I believe most of us here already have their gyane. You may try advertise for him on other thread.

:)