EDD August 2013

starluvapple

Hi, I just joined this forum. This is my second pregnancy, my EDD is on 23 Aug 2013. Unfortunately, I had stillbirth at my first pregnancy. Praying hard for this snake baby, hope everything is going smoothly. I am 29 year olds. I did my OSCAR scan at 12 week, my risk is 1/600, doc said baby's neck thickness should not above 2.5mm, but my little one is 2.8mm at 12 week, 3.6mm at 14 week. This make me worry about it. Please share your measurement and your risk here.

diorly

Best is to check with your gyane to confirm. I am prescribe with 5mg for every morning intake.
My gynae prescibled 2mg. Once in 2nd trimester, gynae will give u my pre-natal vitamins, which contains folic acid too. Mine contains 1mg.. 5mg should be okay lah.

EXPECTING YOUR BABY AND IN NEED OF ADVICE FOR ANTENATAL CARE AND CONFINEMENT SERVICES?

Nestled amidst the quiet and serene nature in the north-eastern part of Singapore, Aixin Mummies is the only one-stop wellness and confinement center in Singapore to provide stay-in confinement services for mummies. Our nannies are specially selected and undergo intensive training to ensure that we provide our mummies and babies the best care during the confinement month.

We also provide antenatal classes for mummies; pre/post natal & aqua yoga; herbal bath and massages; guidance and massages for breast-feeding mummies after birth; slimming massages and tummy binding after birth etc.

http://www.facebook.com/aixin.mummies

wlilian

Hi, I just joined this forum. This is my second pregnancy, my EDD is on 23 Aug 2013. Unfortunately, I had stillbirth at my first pregnancy. Praying hard for this snake baby, hope everything is going smoothly. I am 29 year olds. I did my OSCAR scan at 12 week, my risk is 1/600, doc said baby's neck thickness should not above 2.5mm, but my little one is 2.8mm at 12 week, 3.6mm at 14 week. This make me worry about it. Please share your measurement and your risk here.
Keep a positve mind...and pray...hopefully everything should go well....regarding your baby neck thickness did you check with your gynae about it? I would advice you not to scare yourself with our details...i also dont remember...but doctor says that 1/200 plus (if i remember correctly) then got downsydrome right? did you doc say everything is okay at your end?

wlilian

Any mummies went for pre-natal massage yet?
Im16 weeks now looking forward to feel baby 1st kick...hehe
Hmm...I am also 16 weeks do feel some "pang" & "boom" here and there...usually i will feel something more if i lie down on my side...maybe you can try that....but i think my hubby likes to put his hands on my tummy...he says now he can feel baby vibration more stronger....

wlilian

With regards to folic acid...someone was telling me that its very unlikely to have an overdose....so currently now i am still taking the folic acid (the tiny yellow pill) plus my supplement (which also contain folic acid) = 800mg already...my gynae seems to say its okay also...

I do also take fruits...hopefully no issue...cos i think not all of the folic acid will be transfered 100% to the child...it could be lost in our body too O.O? That is what i think...

Keep a positve mind...and pray...hopefully everything should go well....regarding your baby neck thickness did you check with your gynae about it? I would advice you not to scare yourself with our details...i also dont remember...but doctor says that 1/200 plus (if i remember correctly) then got downsydrome right? did you doc say everything is okay at your end?
Should be more than 1:300. Low risk should be lower than 1:300.

If more than 1:300, doc will recommend further tests.

Sazeryn

Harlow everyone ..

i am 13wks preggy today.. this will be my 2nd pregnancy.. my first born just turned 2yrs old.. 3 days ago..
Whats the topic of the day??

:)

Do you know what's the average ratio in order to have a safe mind?
Oscar test is only a screening test and is not 100% accurate. This screening test allows us to know which category of risk group we belongs .Even with a 1:10000 very good low result result doesn't mean it's risk free. There is still this 0.01% of getting Down syndrome.

My take is no point worry so much, there is no way to prevent Down syndrome, just let nature take it course.

Paigepaige

Oscar test is only a screening test and is not 100% accurate. This screening test allows us to know which category of risk group we belongs .Even with a 1:10000 very good low result result doesn't mean it's risk free. There is still this 0.01% of getting Down syndrome.

My take is no point worry so much, there is no way to prevent Down syndrome, just let nature take it course.
Thanks.... :)

lyra

I'm now in 14 weeks. I skipped the Oscar test entirely bcoz we will give birth to baby regardless of whether she has chromosomal abnormality like Down's Syndrome. Also, Oscar is not 100% accurate. My first child was tested to be high risk but during 5th month detailed scan, it turns out everything is ok. We did not opt for amniocentesis too bcoz of the risk of miscarriage. I guess if u think u will keep baby regardless of abnormalities, then it doesn't make sense to do abnormalities testing now and worry urself to death abt it. Like what lovingbaby said, let nature take its course.

Sazeryn

Thanks.... :)

Totally agree with lyra.. i skip the OSCAR test during my first pregnancy and am going to skip it again for this too. No matter whats the condition, the baby is still ours and its our duty to love, care and look after them.
Just be happy during this process and have a clear mind. God have already in planned for us. Its up to us to accept it with open hearts..

Paigepaige

Totally agree with lyra.. i skip the OSCAR test during my first pregnancy and am going to skip it again for this too. No matter whats the condition, the baby is still ours and its our duty to love, care and look after them.
Just be happy during this process and have a clear mind. God have already in planned for us. Its up to us to accept it with open hearts..
I know.. I am just curious about the ratio.. cus some said 1: 3000 some 1:15000..