EDD August 2014

jebaby:848377 said:
Hello all mummy to be! I'm a first time mummy to be and I first tested +ve on 4 Dec but the test line was so faint that my hb dun believe and made me retest a few days later. As I had light bleeding the week before my supposed first appointment on the 7th week of preg so I went to the doc earlier on the 6th week. The first scan only show a baby sac without the shawdow of the foetus so I had to go back again on the 7th week and finally saw the shadow! So excited.

Joyfulsadness... I'm pantang also didn't announce to everyone and I opposite of you. Told my family but my in-laws dunno yet as I'm staying with my parents still. Some of my cousins and aunt that stay very close to us already found out. Some of my colleagues guessed it too cause I was on 1 week mc after seeing the doc for the first time, and I have to tell my boss because we're planning for next year workplan so I had to pre-empt him not to overlaod me with task that I can't finish, hahha.

Anyone have an idea how frequent would the visits to the doc be for the first trimester? Mine seems very often.. this week would be the 3rd visit already and each visit cost a bomb. I'm worried about the budget that I had estimated for the whole preg... >.<
Hi jebaby, it could be your first visit to the gynae was too early to see anything, hence have to go down another trip to check again.

I have just made an appointment to see the gynae next fri. Keeping finger crossed tat everything will be fine. Cant help feeling anxious :(

jebaby:848377 said:
Hello all mummy to be! I'm a first time mummy to be and I first tested +ve on 4 Dec but the test line was so faint that my hb dun believe and made me retest a few days later. As I had light bleeding the week before my supposed first appointment on the 7th week of preg so I went to the doc earlier on the 6th week. The first scan only show a baby sac without the shawdow of the foetus so I had to go back again on the 7th week and finally saw the shadow! So excited.

Joyfulsadness... I'm pantang also didn't announce to everyone and I opposite of you. Told my family but my in-laws dunno yet as I'm staying with my parents still. Some of my cousins and aunt that stay very close to us already found out. Some of my colleagues guessed it too cause I was on 1 week mc after seeing the doc for the first time, and I have to tell my boss because we're planning for next year workplan so I had to pre-empt him not to overlaod me with task that I can't finish, hahha.

Anyone have an idea how frequent would the visits to the doc be for the first trimester? Mine seems very often.. this week would be the 3rd visit already and each visit cost a bomb. I'm worried about the budget that I had estimated for the whole preg... >.<
Oh jebaby, how much did you spend on each visit huh? So tat im roughly mentally prepared. Ehich gynae r u seeing?

happymummi

So far I visited twice. First time I just went for blood test and get supplements..didn't see the doctor cost close to $400. This time, done an ultrasound, took jab and more med cost $315.

jebaby

joyfulsadness, I'm seeing Dr Chin YK at Gleneagles. First visit is $300+ 2nd visit is $290+. Both time did ultrasound scan, the Dr consultation is $100-$150 Scan is $100 or so can't rmb well then the rest is for medicine

happymummi, yours sounds expensive... I managed to see doc both times and avg is $300 each visit and did ultrasound scan on both visits. Tho each consultation is rather short like 15-20 mins max including the scans but her appt are always pretty packed even on weekdays.. haha..

happymummi

I think the high cost is partly due to the jab and extra med that I have to take.

joyfulsadness, I'm seeing Dr Chin YK at Gleneagles. First visit is $300+ 2nd visit is $290+. Both time did ultrasound scan, the Dr consultation is $100-$150 Scan is $100 or so can't rmb well then the rest is for medicine

happymummi, yours sounds expensive... I managed to see doc both times and avg is $300 each visit and did ultrasound scan on both visits. Tho each consultation is rather short like 15-20 mins max including the scans but her appt are always pretty packed even on weekdays.. haha..

NewMommie

Same for mine. 1st appt was abt $300+ due to jab, meds, ultrascan and 1st consultation which is abt $120. 2nd appt is abt $200+ with somw vits, meds, scan and dr consultation. I was thinking if mine was quite steep initially. My husband was shocked when he see the bill. Haha.

cherrieVal

Same for mine. 1st appt was abt $300+ due to jab, meds, ultrascan and 1st consultation which is abt $120. 2nd appt is abt $200+ with somw vits, meds, scan and dr consultation. I was thinking if mine was quite steep initially. My husband was shocked when he see the bill. Haha.
Hi NewMommie, may I know what is the jab for? Will there be any blood test?

NewMommie

I had some slight bleeding then. Like some brownish-pink streaks. The jab is to stabilise the baby. Same for the meds prescribed. Its to stabilise the baby.
Hmm. No blood test though. But, I read somewhere tt blood test is also administered to some mummys but not too sure who need or do not need the test.

Linndy

Wow mummies.. I'm the only one seeing gynae at kk? The prices you paid seems really ex! Prob due to non-gov hospital.. R they worth the price? Should i switch??
I'm currently seeing the same gynae as my #1, paid about $100 odd my 1st visit, have been told the costs every monthly visit should be about there.. It's at the private suite inclusive of routine test, scan & consultation.. Future multi-vits should cost about $40 or $60 per bottle, adding up to less than $200..

happymummi

If you are comfortable with the doc I think no need to change. How is the waiting time at KK?

Wow mummies.. I'm the only one seeing gynae at kk? The prices you paid seems really ex! Prob due to non-gov hospital.. R they worth the price? Should i switch??
I'm currently seeing the same gynae as my #1, paid about $100 odd my 1st visit, have been told the costs every monthly visit should be about there.. It's at the private suite inclusive of routine test, scan & consultation.. Future multi-vits should cost about $40 or $60 per bottle, adding up to less than $200..

jebaby

I see.. didn't read that you took jabs. >.< sorry.. then it's prob about the same. :) had your pregenancy stablised?

Linndy

If you are comfortable with the doc I think no need to change. How is the waiting time at KK?
1st visit waited for quite a while coz gynae went to deliver bb.. hee! based on prev experience, waiting time is still ok so far coz it's the private suite.. i think i will stick to it.. kinda prefer gov-hospital coz their bcg jab is on the arm, leaves e butts round n pretty.. :tlaugh:

tinkerw

Try to use a panty liner so that you can gauge the spotting and tell the gynea. I'm also spotting and cramping quite abit.

tinkerw:848632 said:
Try to use a panty liner so that you can gauge the spotting and tell the gynea. I'm also spotting and cramping quite abit.
Hi tinkerw, congrats! How many weeks r u now? Seen a gynae already?

tinkerw

Hi tinkerw, congrats! How many weeks r you now? Seen a gynae already?

8 weeks, seeing Dr koh Cheng huat. The latest harmony prenatal test Cost $1900, plus epreclampsia-$170.
Extra cost---bleeding /spotting need extra visit and medication/ injection was about $ 600 plus for the last 4weeks.

Hope no more complications and add in to come. Maybe this time has to downgrade to 2 bedder. But how to move ard after Cs? Can't even sit up.:eek:15::

Wow!! It's really a lot of money? Is this your first bb too? Did your gynae explain the cause of bleeding/ spotting? Meanwhile, take extra care of yourself and minimise your walking.

tinkerw

Wow!! It's really a lot of money? Is this your first bb too? Did your gynae explain the cause of bleeding/ spotting? Meanwhile, take extra care of yourself and minimise your walking.
Anyone taking the harmony prenatal test here? What is the public opinion?

No,not my first bb. I have a 4 year boy. Herheh, the gynea said due to my age, I'm 37. But I also bled when I was pregnant at about 33. Miscarriage about 7.5 weeks. We think the miscarriage is due to fatigue and lack of rest.

I'm thinking of closing shop then I realize I'm preggy. My son jumping to and fro! I honestly haven idea how m I going. To cope with two jumping ard by myself.

Last edited: