EDD August 2014

happymummi

Nope have not taken this test. Was it recommended by the doc & when is this test usually taken?

Anyone taking the harmony prenatal test here? What is the public opinion?

No,not my first bb. I have a 4 year boy. Herheh, the gynea said due to my age, I'm 37. But I also bled when I was pregnant at about 33. Miscarriage about 7.5 weeks. We think the miscarriage is due to fatigue and lack of rest.

I'm thinking of closing shop then I realize I'm preggy. My son jumping to and fro! I honestly haven idea how m I going. To cope with two jumping ard by myself.

tinkerw

Yes, recommended as it is non invasive etc.... at about 12 to 13weeks. It is one of the latest prenatal test. The main problem with this test seems to be cost.
Why not you ask your gynea if you are interested?

pikamummum

Hi I am 7 weeks pregnant EDF 18/8 or 19/8 by GP suppose to see Dr
Joycelyn Wong on 7/1 but too excited to see the little one so went to the nearby clinic few days back . But after the scan found the baby loom very small only like 5 or 6 weeks and water bag small too get so worried . Any mum got any experience to share ?

gabby25

Hi All,

Im in my Week 8 now, having bad morning sickness. Very excited and worried at the same time as I consider 'high risk pregnancy' (pass the age of 35)
First time mum....

Have you share the good news with your friends? Or waiting after the 1st trimester?

Hi All,

Im in my Week 8 now, having bad morning sickness. Very excited and worried at the same time as I consider 'high risk pregnancy' (pass the age of 35)
First time mum....

Have you share the good news with your friends? Or waiting after the 1st trimester?
congrats gabby25! So far I have only shared the news with my immediate family members, 1 close frd and colleague. That's it. The rest of the people will wait till after first trimester. Btw, I'm now only at my 6 weeks today.

ladyivis

Hello ladies,

Congrats on your pregnancy.

I am now 7 weeks pregnant from my 2nd IVF.

Got to know the result on 20 Dec 2013 and my EDD is sometime 25-27 Aug 2014.

Am very excited as this is my first pregnancy after trying really hard for 2.5 years and also at the time get really worry and try to google every symptoms that I have.

So far, I am experiencing sore breast and feeling bloated.

Cheers

ladyivis:850015 said:
Hello ladies,

Congrats on your pregnancy.

I am now 7 weeks pregnant from my 2nd IVF.

Got to know the result on 20 Dec 2013 and my EDD is sometime 25-27 Aug 2014.

Am very excited as this is my first pregnancy after trying really hard for 2.5 years and also at the time get really worry and try to google every symptoms that I have.

So far, I am experiencing sore breast and feeling bloated.

Cheers
Congrats! No need to google abt the symtoms, otherwise its going to add unnecessary stress to yourself. Just take gd care of yourself during this period n rest well :) my morning sickness just started last mon. Argh!! It was hell :(

ladyivis

Hi joyfulsadness,

You take care and rest well.

Trying to think positive and stress free for my 1st trimester especially so from my work.

ladyivis:850022 said:
Hi joyfulsadness,

Trying to think positive and stress free for my 1st trimester especially so from my work.
Ya man! When I first knew I was pregnant when I was ard 4weeks plus. Still not much symptoms. I start to read alot n my mind start to run wild n think of all sort of negative stuff.

But now with all the morning sickness and other many symptoms. I really dun have tat energy to think abt other things. All I wanna do is go home n rest after my work.

So dun worry too much now :) everything will be ok!

NewMommie

joyfulsadness:850025 said:
ladyivis:850022 said:
Hi joyfulsadness,

Ya man! When I first knew I was pregnant when I was ard 4weeks plus. Still not much symptoms. I start to read alot n my mind start to run wild n think of all sort of negative stuff.

But now with all the morning sickness and other many symptoms. I really dun have tat energy to think abt other things. All I wanna do is go home n rest after my work.

Ya... morning sickness really struck me hard. No appetite either... sigh.

Tahan tahan for the little one inside us....

Sigh.. I haven found a way to make myself feel better. Seems like watever I ate all taste so salty. After eating feel extremely thirsty. Yet thirsty but cannot drink too much water cos of bloated stomach.

Any mommy here got tips on how to make myself feel better?

gabby25

Hi everyone,

My morning sickness seem to be better these 2days after having a very bad morning sickness the day before. Hope it stay the way!! :001_302:

Went to my doc this afternoon to get some pills for the morning sickness (was given Novomin). Also during the ultrasound Im able to see the baby heart pumping movement and heard the heartbeat! Such a beautiful feeling.

Hope everything will be smooth sailing...

julymom

Hi happymummi, I am also seeing Prof Ng Soon Chye at Sincere since October 2013 so I thought I'd share my experience with you. By now, I believe you would have gotten confirmation on your pregnancy. Has everything gone well? The bloating is actually a good sign so don't worry. I went through the exact same thing so I know how uncomfortable you feel. My bloating never really subsided (maybe slightly) and then my pregnancy was confirmed, so I guess the tummy just continued growing.

Prof Ng is one of the best. He has extremely great bedside manners and overall, I have enjoyed seeing him. However, he does not do regular gynae work so you may be asked to choose another gynae once you have passed Week 12.

Two more ladies to Aug EDD! Congrats everyone :)

Im seeing Prof Ng Soon Chye from Sincere. Which gynea are you ladies going to? Currently i am suffering from very bad bloating & tummy looks so huge. As its still in the early stages i dont want to tell my colleagues yet but worried people will start asking question cos its so difficult to hide! I hope the bloating stops soon.

Darkicicle

Hello! I just went for my 2nd visit to my gynae today and she introduced the Down syndrome (OSCAR) test to us. My hubby is not keen in taking the test as he thinks that the result is not a definite thing. The results will only reflect high or low risk. research has been done, low risk also doesn't confirm that the baby is going to be healthy. therefore, going for the test and getting a bad result will only put us in a dilemma.

My question is....will you still go for the test?

Yingver07

Hello! I just went for my 2nd visit to my gynae today and she introduced the Down syndrome (OSCAR) test to us. My hubby is not keen in taking the test as he thinks that the result is not a definite thing. The results will only reflect high or low risk. research has been done, low risk also doesn't confirm that the baby is going to be healthy. therefore, going for the test and getting a bad result will only put us in a dilemma.

My question is....will you still go for the test?
Hi Darkicicle, agreed that OSCAR is not 100% accurate. Still I did mine for my 1st pregnancy. I will still go for OSCAR for this pregnancy to have a mind of ease. But if no matter what you will still keep this baby then don't go for OSCAR & save your money.

Yingver07

Hi, how many weeks along did u began to have MS?