EDD Dec 2010

sweety

Wow, most mummies are having durians during pregnancy. Me also...

Hi xynthia18, u bought so many baby stuff liao. :) I only bought a playpen last Wed during the TANGS sale & few baby gal's clothes.

I never bought any playpen during my 1st pregnancy as I was given a baby wooden cot. However, my boy did not like to sleep in the cot at all so after that I gave it away.

Now, I bought a playpen for my baby gal as I am thinking it is more convenient and portable. But I am wondering is it practical to have a playpen?

xynthia18

Hi xynthia18, you bought so many baby stuff . :) I only bought a playpen last Wed during the TANGS sale & few baby gal's clothes.

I never bought any playpen during my 1st pregnancy as I was given a baby wooden cot. However, my boy did not like to sleep in the cot at all so after that I gave it away.

Now, I bought a playpen for my baby gal as I am thinking it is more convenient and portable. But I am wondering is it practical to have a playpen?
clovbear : haha. i think they dun wan a fat daughter and granddaughter. :tlaugh:

sweety : yeah. my mum and me the kiasu one. haha. oh. actually i wanted a playpen instead. but my mum says it's shaky very dangerous, so she says get a cot better... playpen is much better in my opinion cus have bassinet and mosquito net and moreover it's lighter than a cot.

clovbear

Hi xynthia18, you bought so many baby stuff . :) I only bought a playpen last Wed during the TANGS sale & few baby gal's clothes.

@sweety: Hee... I dun, cos I dun take durians. But was told by my colleagues it's good cos very 'bu3', but be careful you don't get overly heaty!

No idea about the playpen... I also inherited a cot passed down from a friend who's kiddo also rejected it. But also thinking of buying a playpen just in case my babe sleeps over at his grans. Easier to move it around than the cot!

Jaschy

I also got a pass dowm cot from my brother.. no intention to buy another playpen cos of space constraint.. hehe

Am tinking maybe when baby gets bigger just let her sleep on the floor or maybe sleep with us.. hehe:Dancing_wub:

clovbear

I also got a pass dowm cot from my brother.. no intention to buy another playpen cos of space constraint.. hehe

Am thinking maybe when baby gets bigger just let her sleep on the floor or maybe sleep with us.. hehe:Dancing_wub:
@Jaschy: I want to sleep with my baby too. But my hubby is so scared of crushing him! (Cos he's not exactly the slim trim type) So he forbade me to place him between us. :(

Anyone went for antenatal classes? I'm taking mine from TMC. Were your classes useful?

Jaschy

@Jaschy: I want to sleep with my baby too. But my hubby is so scared of crushing him! (Cos he's not exactly the slim trim type) So he forbade me to place him between us. :(

Anyone went for antenatal classes? I'm taking mine from Thomson Medical Center. Were your classes useful?
hehe i thought its a bit dangerous to put baby between us when she is very young also.. but tink as she get older and bigger.. we sld be able to feel her presence more ba.. so sld be quiet ok to sleep with her once in a while ba:Dancing_tongue:..

I just went for my antenatal classes at thomson medical last week..:001_302: the slides she went thru most of them can be found on internet lar.. but i tot the next few lessons abt breastfeeding and bathing the baby might be useful.. dunnoe yet cos i ahd only been to 1 lesson so far...:Dancing_tongue:

clovbear

Hi to all mommies!

Finally! We're into our 3rd trimester! Wahaha! 3 more months before the little ones arrive (and the sleepless nights, never-ending feedings, excitement and more excitement!)

Just like to recommend a good book to you: What To Expect - The First Year
Maybe you would have already bought it or gotten a hand-me-down from 'retired mommies' - I just received a copy from my church, which was very nice of them. :) Ultimately, I think it's quite a good read, especially it brings you through month-by-month on your baby's progress/problems you may face etc. A friend of mine who just gave birth told me that 'every baby should have been born with that manual'. Kekee...
Parenting Books, Family Books, Relationships Books: What to Expect the First Year by Murkoff, Heidi, Mazel, Sharon, Eisenberg, Arlene: Better World Books

dont know how you ladies are all feeling at this moment - was at home napping with my hubby yesterday afternoon and it just struck me that 3 months from now, our lives are going to change from 'the 2 of us' to 'a family'. Everything we decide or do does not just affect us, but our little family unit as a whole. Then questions like 'am i going to be a good mommy to my baby/am I going to be like my mother/is my baby going to come out healthy' etc just comes along. Hee... Must be the high hormonal levels. Guess parenthood is really something you learn OJT, so no use worrying too much about it now. And I trust that we'll all eventually turn out well, no matter what different types of teaching we will adopt!

Am planning for a short staycation with my hubby next month before the baby comes - gonna miss our little 'you-and-me-world', but very excited with our new life as well. Hee.

Take care mommies! Enjoy the final stretch!
:wong4:

EP20

Hi hi,

My bb EDD is on 01 Dec. In my week 30 and I put on 15 kg already!!! Is that a lot?? The frens around me all put on about 16 to 23kg. But after reading hw much weight u gals put on, i think we are on e extreme side? hee hee....

Gynae says bb head a bit big for his size.. I wan natural birth and so m hoping that he wont grow too big! Now he is 1.5kg....

sweety

Hi Mummies,

I'm having Gestational Diabetes and I'm so worried about my baby. Now I've to control my diet and monitoring my blood sugar level using the Blood Glucose Meter till I deliver. :(

clovbear

Hi Mummies,

I'm having Gestational Diabetes and I'm so worried about my baby. Now I've to control my diet and monitoring my blood sugar level using the Blood Glucose Meter till I deliver. :(
@Sweety: Take care! Am also quite worried too cos I'm taking in unbelievable amounts of sugar these days (bird's nest, ribena, tong sui etc). Dun worry ok? Baby's gonna be fine.

Jacelynling

Hi hi,

My baby EDD is on 01 Dec. In my week 30 and I put on 15 kg already!!! Is that a lot?? The friends around me all put on about 16 to 23kg. But after reading hw much weight you gals put on, i think we are on e extreme side? hee hee....

Gynae says baby head a bit big for his size.. I want natural birth and so m hoping that he wont grow too big! Now he is 1.5kg....
Hi,

My baby due on 07.Dec.10.I gain 10 kgs till my week 29 and my baby weight 1.4kgs right now.
I think depend on the individual , should be normal for your case.