Edd dec 2012

Luckystar

Wow u ladies sure progressing fast . So excited for you. I just completed week 36 , feeling scared already !!
I have a bit concern about my gynae , he seems so laid back. I am scared he is not doing his job well. He never check me for GBS and never did ctg scab for me. Every week he does ultrasound , and that's it. Every time I think now he'll send me for the swab test or the ctg , but never mentioned it. My hubby asked him about baby engaging or descending into cervix and he is not bothered about that as well. I think he only wants to do cesarean. He is going on leave from 7th to 15th , but he's leaving me with another doctor I have never met. I asked if I should meet that doc once, he said no need . I think I will go to another gynae for second opinion . It is kinda late to change doctor at 36 weeks , but what to do ?

MamaDT

Luckystar, I am also quite scared I deliver during the time where my gynae is not ard.... And it will b by another gynae who will replace her if I am so "lucky". But I believe this replacement gynae is also a good doc... As I have heard about her before...

So maybe what u can do is to check out more reviews about this replacement doc... If u decide to see another new gynae elsewhere, u need to ensure that new gynae has a record of all your historical medical condition, pregnancy record that ur current gynae has recorded for u...

Mreow Mreow

waaa..

Looks like most of us have the nipple thing...
The whitish/yellowish thing on our nipple tips..

mamaDt, lucky your Doc is female then u wont feel so awkward showing her your boobs.. :)
My gynae is a male & i wont show him my boobs!! hahahaha :p
Hmm, your gynae say dont touch it ah?
But alot of Mums told me have to clear leh....
Dunno la....
oh, i read that mucous plug is like A Big Blob of jelly.
Could be colourless or yellowish.. But its a blob, maybe 20c-50cent size...
Apparently some women don't even know it came out as it can dislodge during Peeing and since its so soft and colourless, we might not notice it slipping out of our Vag...
So some Docs advice looking at the toilet bowl before we flush! Haha..
But i think will still be difficult to spot la.. Haha :)

Yes Cherry Blossom,
My mum also stress the importance of cleaning it away!!
But like u, dunno how to clean also...
I afraid if overclean, it will be pain or have the 'raw' feeling!
Hmm, anytime after 37weeks is fine...
When baby is 37weeks, considered full term already! :)
all systems running!! :D
Staying in the womb after 37weeks is juz for them to put on weight!! Hehehe

Luckystar,
how come your Doc give u the impression that he is only keen in C-sec?
Yep, its actually quite late to change doc for u now at 36weeks...
However, if u realllly dont like your current doc or feel uncomfy with him then juz drop him?
Has your pregnancy been going fine so far?
Cuz i think in most of our cases, even if we transfer Docs, I dont think there's much for our 1st doc to Handover to the next.....
unless we are categorized under high-risk with other complications....
I'm not very sure though....

Mreow Mreow

Hi MamaDT
Thanks for the info and advice drinking orange juice

As I went to emergency room for my 'false alarm' *embarassed* the nurse said that usually discharge is yellower n creamy but if amniotic water leak it will feel warm like peeing on pants and the diff is you can't control it like u control pee.
Yesterday on the way to hospital I was so scared I didn't do kegel exercise and I keep squeezing for last minute exercise and maybe that makes the yellow discharge more.

Hi Mreow Mreow.
I know the feeling of dun wan doc to check cervix. Don't worry if baby is not engaged yet in the scan I think gynae won't check. My last thurs appointment is like that. I still hope my baby come out dec. haha yesterday was 24 and I thought 24 is good date cos easier to remember cos exactly one month before mine or 25 th oso good cos my bday, marriage registration, wedding on bride side and groom side follow the sequence of 24,25,26,27,28 hahaha

wow!
u went ER for false alarm!
U are in Malacca now right?

Hope the nurses and docs there are nice with bedside manners! :)

hehe, hope your baby wil arrive on a gooood date!! :)

lizasaifi

Hi mummies! How are u all doing? Some of u are juz a few days away from seeing ur lil princes n princesses ya. Hee hee so excited for all of u.

For those delivering in KKH have u mummies heard dat KKH will be going thru a renovation next mth n some of their patients will be transferred to NUH. Heard this from d nurses at d NICU last week. Any of u mummies affected?

As for updates abt me n my princess, we are doing fine. Princess is gaining weight steadily n almost hitting d acceptable discharged weight. Hee hee she'll be hm in a few days. She's getting chubbier n has doublec chin now n tdy marks her first mth. Time really flies n she's already a mth old.

Will update again once she's hm! Can't wait to hear ur birth stories n I wonder which mummy will be d first one to pop! So exciting! All ur babies have gd weight. All d best mummies n jia you!! For those who has to go thru c-sect dun worry abt it. It's gonna be alright. Wun be dat painful n traumatic. Hee hee talking from experience here. Lolz alrite mummies! Take care n God bless! Gd nite!

allele

Allele, means you can see openings on both nipples?
somesort like crack?

My mum keeeep stressing the importance of clearing our nipple tips cuz she said when the milk comes but the nipple duct is blocked, it'd hurt like maddd...

Somehow i dont know how to distinguish between blocked nipple and OK nipple...

Becuz we've all not breastfed before, how to know afer cleaning nipple that nipple is clean or still have to clean some more?
you get what i mean?
dont know how to explain....
hahahha :p

I read that we have to clean our nipples now to remove debris but how does one know that its debris and not just our nipple bits/skin?
Ya i can see the openings on both of my nipples and also i can see dried substances in it. I used my finger tips to clear the blockage like every 3days. I think it depends on individuals.. Some ppl might get it some ppl might not. Not too sure about this...

Lizasaifi, thanks for your encouragement! Very happy that your princess nurin is doing well! You are really great... been taking care of her and nursing her well. :)

Luckystar, I dunno is it the right time to change doc now? Cos like what mamaDT say, better to have all your records. Most likely the replacement doc will have. If he is not answering what u ask, then can just tell him straight that you want to know this and that and want to have answer. Cos I felt that what u asking is what others normally would ask and he should not brush it off.

allele

Lovepixie: ​ Oh my.. I bet u must be very nervous when u thought that baby wanted to come out ady! I guess i will be the same if im in your situation.. Hehe.. Sometimes i started to imagine if it happens to me i need to do this and this and this before i leave the house.. I have wrote down my last min to-do and to-pack lists with me. Sounds stupid but hopefully manage to do it la (like take a shower, grab my charger, ipad, etc..) haha..

Liza:
​n Good to hear that ur baby girl will be discharged soon! Gonna have a good reunion ha! I will be giving birth in KKH but so far didnt hear any news about renovation. Hopefully it wont affect us these KKH mummies..

Anyway, im still not sure if i shall take leave before my due date. Aiks.. Maybe work for another 2 days and see how it goes.

lovepixie

Hi Mreow Mreow.
I have the chance to visit 2 private hospital here. The one that can claim medisave is the one I went for ER during my scare. I feel that although its private the night shift nurse isn't as friendly as the other hospital. No smile wan. Even when the ctg belt device fell off and my hubby went out to get the nurse come back with sour face.
Since then I've made decision to go to another hospital nearer to my hubby's house although cant claim medisave. And calculated its cheaper there. Crazy wan the medisave Mahkota hospital charge SGD3k plus for normal delivery but local need pay RM3k only. Service not as good I might as well go to the other one!

The other hospital is more expensive if 'touch wood' kena caesarean cos the utensils are disposable n machines r newer but since I opt for natural delivery ( although baby is big ) so pray hard.

Luckystar

MamaDT , Mreow Mreow , Cherry Blossom,

My pregnancy has been fine so far except for a few times I needed to take antibiotics; once for bacterial infection and once for flu. But now I am concerned with my gynae not taking all the tests that the rest of you have had. And not even checking how low the baby is or whether she is engaged or not. I will try to go to another gynae for just a routine check up tomorrow , will not change gynae for now . Can you let me know what all tests you have has in the past few weeks? I can remember GBS and CTG , and of course baby head engaged or not . Is there anything else?
At least I will have some peace of mind. Also changing gynae means changing hospital , which I am not do keen on.

Mreow Mreow

MamaDT , Mreow Mreow , Cherry Blossom,

My pregnancy has been fine so far except for a few times I needed to take antibiotics; once for bacterial infection and once for flu. But now I am concerned with my gynae not taking all the tests that the rest of you have had. And not even checking how low the baby is or whether she is engaged or not. I will try to go to another gynae for just a routine check up tomorrow , will not change gynae for now . Can you let me know what all tests you have has in the past few weeks? I can remember GBS and CTG , and of course baby head engaged or not . Is there anything else?
At least I will have some peace of mind. Also changing gynae means changing hospital , which I am not do keen on.

I have not done any tests as well yet babe..
Will update u after my Apptmt on Tues night when i will be 37 weeks..
maybe my doc will do the tests then....

Hmm, could it be u are still 35weeks plus thats why doc didnt do them yet?

lovepixie

Hi Luckystar

I'm not sure whether got a gynae near ur place that has own private clinic but can deliver at any hospital of your choice. For me I went to a private clinic n the doctor can go to any private hospital to help delivery.
That's y I can change hospital cos dun like the nurse attitude.
For CTG u will only need that if u suddenly feel baby less move. For me cos I over panic n baby too big n movement not so big cos tight space already in her 'bungalow' tummy.
Abt how far baby is engaged u can insist gynae to check. Stomp on ur feet n throw tantrum if u must. U r d customer n customer is always right.
My gynae hinted me at Caesarean although he didn't mention the C word. I did my research n ask frens n relatives abt it n stand on my grounds. Ur gynae may use statistics to scare u but statistics is just a number. Every pregnancy is different. Obviously if baby is affected I will still go for caesarean la

What's GBS?

Mreow Mreow

Ya i can see the openings on both of my nipples and also i can see dried substances in it. I used my finger tips to clear the blockage like every 3days. I think it depends on individuals.. Some ppl might get it some ppl might not. Not too sure about this...

I can use my fingers to like open my nipple abit..
Then i see whitish stuff..

Not sure if thats dirt that we have to clear or is that juz our skin....Or it could be the skin that holds our nipple bits tgt..
So confusing..

So after u clear the dried substances, what does the nipple look like?
Same right?

Mreow Mreow

Hi Luckystar

I'm not sure whether got a gynae near ur place that has own private clinic but can deliver at any hospital of your choice. For me I went to a private clinic n the doctor can go to any private hospital to help delivery.
That's y I can change hospital cos dun like the nurse attitude.
For CTG u will only need that if u suddenly feel baby less move. For me cos I over panic n baby too big n movement not so big cos tight space already in her 'bungalow' tummy.
Abt how far baby is engaged u can insist gynae to check. Stomp on ur feet n throw tantrum if u must. U r d customer n customer is always right.
My gynae hinted me at Caesarean although he didn't mention the C word. I did my research n ask frens n relatives abt it n stand on my grounds. Ur gynae may use statistics to scare u but statistics is just a number. Every pregnancy is different. Obviously if baby is affected I will still go for caesarean la

What's GBS?

its a vaginal swab test to see if u are strep B positive.....
normally done between at 37 weeks i think?

Yes babe, better go to the hospital that u are more comfortable with..
So ur hubby is M'sian? Are u too? :)

Last edited:

lovepixie

Hi Mreow Mreow
Yupp both of us r Malaysians. I'm peranakan actually. Hubby is Sarawakian.

Oh I didn't do a vaginal swab but I did do a urine test for full blood n urine test in lab n pass to my gynae to see. I feel that is more 'value for money' and all tests r there even to detect possible genetic or hereditary complications? <- dunno if I get the term right.

This was encouraged by my colleague cos she inherited Thallasemia B trait n hence her baby was given a jab after birth so baby is safe from that disease. I heard Hepatitis B can be detected too n there is a jab given for babies with carrier mother or father.
Oh yea I was given rubella jab to prevent passing to my baby n it was standard here.
Maybe cos I super kiasu I went to both private n govt clinics n get free jabs n vaccination for myself n future for baby. I only had to pay what's not given free in govt clinics. Others are not necessary n I think I have to read up on babies vaccination later. Wah I realised I got a lot of homework to do.

Hi mummies in this thread,
Anyways goodnight. Ciao! Thanks for keeping my pre-confinement less lonely hahaha.

carlitos

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has recommended routine screening for vaginal strep B for all pregnant women. This screening is performed between the 35th and 37th week of pregnancy (studies show that testing done within 5 weeks of delivery is the most accurate at predicting the GBS status at time of birth.)

The test involves a swab of both the vagina and the rectum. The sample is then taken to a lab where a culture is analyzed for any presence of GBS. Test results are usually available within 24 to 48 hours.

The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that all women who have risk factors PRIOR to being screened for GBS (for example, women who have preterm labor beginning prior to 37 completed weeks' gestation) are treated with IV antibiotics until their GBS status is established.

Find out what is GBS ,,,,

Meow meow, nipple Ya looks the same after cleaning it.. :)

Lucky star, I only took the ctg at 36 weeks... dunno whst is gbs. Actually about whether head engaged or not everyytime is I ask gynae de if not he never tell me.

This morning suddenly no feeling of bloatedNess and no full bladder... scared me... haha. Sometimes if suddenly no usual symptoms feel scare. Also feeling a little nauseous now dunno is it cos I'm feeling hungry and hot.

lovepixie

Mummies,
7 days to go. Can start lining bed with the waterproof protector in case water broke.. :)
Come a show of hands who has packed suitcase for hospital stay. If so, how many bags and what unconventional stuff u die die must bring to hospital n can't live without ? Eye cream? Teddy bear or trusty smelly pillow?

MamaDT

Hey Mummies

Last few weeks of count down! :)
Hospital bag packed... Ermmm two carry bags? Haha I am ok to not bring many things but just need moisturizer Heehee

I had a terrible stomachache radiating everywhere including lower back 1am last night, wanting to poo no poo again. This pain is most pain comparing with rest of the previous nights. Then next thing is I vomitted very badly... lotsa gastric juice.... Eeeeeeeeewwwww my hubby asked me how... Then I said "Sleeepppp and we shall see if pain comes back and goes till morning... So just sleeeeppppp" lol
My pain did come back and go n my hubby kept asking me if it's painful every min till I felt so irritated coz I just don't feel like talking... Haha then I keep telling him "sleeepp... Not time yet.... " hahaha after tt pain goes off for good haha
But we didn't sleep all the way till ard 4plus.. Coz he asked me how's bb movements coz my puke was quite bad. Then we kept asking baby to move... He didn't move till ard 4. This morning I told him not to keep asking me if it's pain on the real labour coz I am trying to forget the pain and he is like keep reminding there's pain.... Lol unless he wanna get a real scolding. Then he felt so hurt for being scolded coz of his concern.

Think we have to prepare our hubby for our labour. Lol they must know what to say what to ask. Lol I am tt kind who won't scold hubby for his concerns one but last night I was like gg crazy and felt like taping his mouth. Lol

Mreow, guess it's not easy to identify mucus plug too... Haha die I am very blur one... Few signs I won't know if I am in labour... Lol
What happens if mucus plug drop? Haha
Yah luckily my gynae is female so I just showed her my boobs haha... My dry skin bits have few quite large pieces so I don't dare to pluck it. And since gynae asked me not to touch, I don't touch. :)

Last edited: