Edd dec 2012

MamaDT

Luckystar,
Just ask your current gynae why didn't u do any tests... He may have his reasons?

Test that I have done:
1) GBS
2) blood test for iron and glucose at week 34
3) FA Scan (check baby's bone and all these) during week 20
4) blood test for HIV and Hep B and Down syndrome thingy during week 15 (I think)
5) strapped on CTG due to false bloody show at week 24!

Guess for these test, Mreow Mreow also hasn't take a few of it coz she got not much symptoms haaha whereas I was quite weak with heavy MS since trim 1 and 2. And spottings.

U need to remember what medicine name u took then in case new gynae asked u about it. Also have those test reports with u so that new gynae knows all ur records. New gynae does not equal to cannot have a hospital of your choice. Even Neighborhood gynaes have a few hospital which they will go for delivery. So u can check with them if they do go to the one u wanna deliver. I am not sure whether it's a good idea to change Gynae but yah just some info in case u really want to.

Mreow Mreow

Yes MAmadt, u do need to monitor closely...
Could be next week for at your 38week!
Which Is early Dec...
When is ur next Gynae checkup?
Better tell her all this man. Think she might check your cervix for dilation.... :D

U all know I super relax right.
If my Hubby didn't pack for me, I really dunno when I'll start. Hehe :)

I only brought
For me:
2 breast pad
Nursing bra
Bedrm slippers
2 norm pads + 1 mat loop
Socks
Contactlens stuff
Specs
Facial cleanser
Body soap
Moisturiser+Eyeliner+Concealer

For baby:
Diapers
Wet wipes
Receiving blanket
mittens
booties
2 sets gg home clothes (1bigsize 1smallsize cuz not sure baby's size)

All packed compactly into a small bag! :D

Mreow Mreow

Yes luckystar...
Like wad Mamadt said, I didn't do those scans & checks! Maybe Gynae doesn't see the need for me to do...
U should ask your Gynae if u have worries ok? :)

Mamadt,
Did u tell ur mum about the dry skin bits?
maybe she will advice u to clear also?

And I know wad u mean..
Sometimes when ure in pain u juz wanna be let alone And not talk...
But hubbies are concerned about us...
I'm sure they feel very helpless when they see us in pain and they can't do anything to help..
Cuz that's what my Hubby told me, that he will feel helpless, that's why initially want me to go Csec... Haha :

Long time ago before Preg, I had bad menses till can't walk.
Hubby Kp asking & asking till I also wish he shut up.
Haha!! :p

Mucous plug drop may not mean that labour is starting...
Actually the only thing that kickstarts labour is real contractions... Those that increase in intensity over time.
Contractions are the only thing that dilate our cervix..
Even if we have show, plug or waterbag burst, go hospital they will juz monitor us.
If we've no contractions, cannot deliver also.
Usu they might speed up labour by giving us pitocin ESP when waterbag burst. Hurts more lo...

Among the 3,
The colourless/yellowish mucous plug is the least efficient in meaning labour is starting. Could mean labour will start days/week later.

Bloody show got Blood cuz our cervix actually open up, dialate and some tiny blood capillaries burst.
It's more reliable then then plug but still won't mean u will give birth on the day..

Cuz everything needs to be accompanied by intense Contraction.

For me,
If any of the 3 happens for me but I don't have contraction, I will call hospital first and ask for advice.
They will juz ask me to stay at home & labour first. When the contractions kick in, then check into hospital...

Exception is when either of the 3 happens and it's accompanied by non-stop contractions, then I'll go admit myself...

Mamadt, do u think it's possible that u are having false labour? :)
Ur body is preparing u!!
I think so man...
Gd thing u monitor late that night & didn't go hospital.
Cuz yours went away after afew hrs right.
Nv continue or get more intense...
False labour contractions!!
U are actually having BH but ur BH actually hurts now...

MamaDT

Mreow n Momo, I did show to my mum too, she also advised me not to touch it haha.... She said is the colostrum...

Yup I also think is BH with pain.... Coz read somewhere they said there is BH with pain.... Hence, I chose to sleep than to think of gg hospital and stuff haha

But yup too, I think I will start getting paranoid next week onwards as I have a strong feeling tt i will gana early labour it could be week 38 onwards and not earlier! :)

According to my Gynae, if the waterbag burst, we shd rush to labourward coz that would mean baby might b in distress mode if delay too long...

I see I see about mucus plug... I tot it was pinkish color haha

Have recorded all my symptoms to tell my Gynae this wed :) now my checkup is on weekly basis... I wonder how's bb's weight.... Hmmm

And yes I love honey baked ham too... Hahaha right now I am just thinking what I wanna eat during confinement hahaha yum yum... Lotsa food I feel like eating :p slurp

Last edited:

Mreow Mreow

Hehe.Mucous plug actually light colour.Bloody show= Mucous Plug with blood/pinkins Tinge.Momo, I juz read them off books and Internet.I guess all our cases are different.Better to still consult our own Gynae as they will know our condition! :)I love the ham too!Love Christmas season! :)

MamaDT

Hahaha yes Christmas season has a lot of good food to eat and indulge! Hahaha
I told my family I want a Christmas honey baked ham, ribs and pork knuckle if possible! They were like... "Dear ah... U having confinement leh... We order so much who can we ask to come over and eat while doing ur confinement..." Lol
So I told them... No matter what, I want the ham!! Hahhaa

Mreow Mreow

Hope the dry skin i removed last time is not the colostrum.. shldnt be , so long ago haha.. :) and MamaDT you so cute, no matter what you want the ham hehehe.. actually now you can eat also =p

girls.. I love xmas season too!! but too bad we have to do confinement during that period !

But i tink we still havfe xmas pressie exchange. and my mother in law said my baby boy already have a pressie from her during xmas heheh ^^

Actually I might go out during confinement....
hehe, see how it goes.... :p

I juz drank canned Young coco juice at hawker centre...
Waa.... very shiok leh!
Taste like the real deal!! :D

MamaDT

Hahaha Momo, different different... Eat ham now, usually we will buy like 200-300g then is wrapped in the usual paper and plastic bag, look flat flat one... hahaha
But Christmas season u see festive deli, ur mood will b "higher"!! Guess I will feel happier during confinement if I see that big round ham!! Haha so I insist on that! Haha

Regarding the nipple thingy, nvm lah at least u all got it nicely done... But my dry bits are really quite big pieces and the cracked lines/opening like quite deep so I don't dare to touch it as well.. :)

Oh Mreow, tot we shdnt drink the canned coconut? Hahaha anyway, I had teh-o and McDonald's meal! Haha I think u, Momo and I this batch of dec mummies (edd 17-23 dec) like anyhow anyhow drink drinks tt people say shdnt drink (like some advise not too much cold drinks, but i almost everyday drink cold drinks, no teh-peng but i still drink...) haha ;p

Last edited:

MamaDT

Momo the breakfast u mentioned used to be my occassional supper/ breakfast! Hahaha melted cheese... Yummy! If I eat filet o fish burger, I will always ask for extra cheese and let it meltttttt. U know I have the festive deli brochure from ntuc and have been staring at that honey baked ham picture irresistibly for 4 days already! Hahaha and everyday, I will bring the picture and show it to my mummy and then keep pointing at that loaf of ham... She laughed at me like I very long nv do such a "kiddo" thing to her already... Haha

Yah I also had cold drinks everyday... Ice milo, teh ping, fruit juice, water chestnut, iced lemon tea, bubble tea! Lol oh prawn noodle is once a week for me. Roti prata as well.. I didn't know we can't eat peanut butter? I had 2 peanut pancakes a day for past few weeks and today! Lol

Last edited:

lovepixie

MamaDT,

The cramping pain u mentioned also accompanying with puking? I did puke yesterday but today feel better. I dunno why I dun have the toilet urge so much. Hmm maybe cos I eat very little cos scared puke again? Anyways u seemed more better today after the honeyed baked ham thoughts hahaha

Hi Momopeachgirl ,
U so cute no nipple crack also worried haha. If u moisturised properly won't get gua. I didn't have crack after vigorously doused meself with VCO cos massaging the natural bra area.

Hi Mreow Mreow,
U didn't bring extra clothes for urself? Oh shoot I didn't bring baby wipes. Thanks for listing it out. Also I added the stem cell kit to my bag must remind hubby to pass to doctor. I also brought dry shampoo spray n powder type cos I expect to perspire when pushing the baby out? Like in the tvb serials hahah

MamaDT

Lovepixie,
Yah very bad cramps all over the tummy and lower back, then suddenly just puke....
Haha I feel better but just feel like puking whole day. hope i wont puke... i am so scared of the feeling! yes my eyes "litted" up when I am talking Abt ham! Hahaha

Mreow Mreow

ManaDT, I don't have the festive deli brochure...
think I go check my mailbox for any Makan Pamplet!!

I agree, nowadays see when I visually see a food item on either tv/papers, I have the urge to eat it....
Was watching channel 8, 9pm show then I had craving for fishball noodles!! Haha :)

Actually now I feel like eating pizza & MacD cuz MamaDT mentioned MacD! Haha :D

Ya, not advisable to totally replenish pure coco juice with the can ones but it totally caught my eye so I ordered it... :)
and u are right.....
3 of us juz eat n drink wad ever we want..... :)

Actually ah, my mum is Thai so there arent much pantangs so she actually told everything can eat, even pineapple and papaya! :p
but I nv eat those 2 la....
She mention wad ever craving we have, have to satisfy, if not baby will super like that item we don't eat!

Ooh,
momo, yes I buy from jusco but as they are fresh, can only keep 3days...
So each trip to JB I usually buy 2! :)
Now no stock in fridge so I had the can version! :)
waa, I also wanna eat sharksfin & fishmaw soup...
where did u get yours? Wedding dnr, mum cook or eat outside? :)

Love pixie, I'm wondering whether to wear the same clothes back!
Opps, forgot to add my own old undies! :)

Last edited:

allele

For me, I have packed 2 bags- one for me and one for baby. Then guess what? My hubby packed them all into a travelling luggage bag with his personal items. So total is 3-in-1. Haha.. Basically i packed those general to-bring items as stated by the hospital. On top of that i will bring some snacks, ipad, camera & belly binder lor.

Today is my husband's birthday. All this while he wished that baby could born on the same date as his. And few days back he asked me what is the meaning of 'induce'? Then i straight away told him off and said "Hey i know what u r thinking, dun ever think about it!! I dun want to be induced lor! Let the nature takes it course!" LOL! Yet today he purposely called me up while i was working and asked me if i got any sign of labour. I said not the time yet... My poor hubby really wished to have my baby born on the same birthday as him. So funny.. Anyway I decided to take leave from Thurs onwards. Hopefully by this weekend baby will come out and meet us!

mizzyeika

Hi mummies! Im officially 37weeks today. Yesterday had to be put under observation due to false labour.

I had csect with my firstborn and now my operation scar really hurts a lot. Since im trying for natural birth this time round, the pain on my pelvic bone hurts like mad!

Gynae checked my cervix yday and seems like im already 1cm dilated! But they cant induce me to fasten up labour to avoid cervix rupture. So anytime now or maybe weeks later i might be giving birth.

Tried to walk a lot but today seems so impossible. I cried, "ouchhhh!" a few times cause baby's head is pressing down and i can literally feel bby's head on my pelvic bone. It hurts a lot.

I just hope for a smooth delivery for my 2nd one. Really cannot take the pain ald....

lovepixie

Hi Allelle,
Wow ur hubby even bought his own items. My hubby didn't wanna bathe in the hospital even if we had 1-bedder. He wants to go home n change hahahaha cos hospital is not far away.
I dun want to be induced too but I might have to change my mind. Baby is huge :(

lovepixie

Hi mummies! Im officially 37weeks today. Yesterday had to be put under observation due to false labour.

I had csect with my firstborn and now my operation scar really hurts a lot. Since im trying for natural birth this time round, the pain on my pelvic bone hurts like mad!

Gynae checked my cervix yday and seems like im already 1cm dilated! But they cant induce me to fasten up labour to avoid cervix rupture. So anytime now or maybe weeks later i might be giving birth.

Tried to walk a lot but today seems so impossible. I cried, "ouchhhh!" a few times cause baby's head is pressing down and i can literally feel bby's head on my pelvic bone. It hurts a lot.

I just hope for a smooth delivery for my 2nd one. Really cannot take the pain ald....
Hi mizzyeika,
Wow u r progressing fast. Take care and hope u got a smooth delivery. So r u still in hospital?

MamaDT

Oh Allele, ur hubby so sweet and sensible, packed his own bag... No matter how I talk sense to mine to pack at least a set of clothes, he will say don't need even though he's gg to bathe in hospital and stay in with me.... :( and he knows I can't leave things tt can b plan to last min... Haha luckily singapore is a small island...

Mizzyeika, oh ur EDD same as Momo and mine! So u are 1cm dilated already? Oh gosh monitor closely and bear with the pain yah... Last few weeks already :)

mizzyeika

Lovepixie: thanks dear. Im at home ald. So i just need to be alert for reg contractions or just wait for any "shows" to happen

Mamadt: yes dear. Edd 17dec! Hopefully can dilate faster. Really cannot tahan the pain. Everyday have difficulty in walking n moving around. Must talk to bby to chiong so can get it done n over with!