Edd dec 2012

MamaDT

Lovepixie and Allele, are u all ready?! Hhehee all prepared? So exciting it's finally December (in 2 days time) weeeeeeeeeee!! ^^

Mreow, yup urs bigger than my bb leh.... I couldn't sleep last night... Kept thinking about induce or not... Now is like 80% don't feel like inducing but scared suddenly need to go E C-sect later part.... (Touchwood)

Momopeachgal, so u on holiday already? Or are u sleeping in the office? :)

Liza, saw ur princess pic in fb... Sweet bb gal sleeping soundly at Hm heehee

Sze sze

Lovepixie, gleneagle will provide the maternity loop and heard if go for c sec the nurse will help you to wear.... So likely learn from them how to wear... But just in case I am not use to it, I also bring the adhensive maternity pad n disposable panties...

During normal days, I normally have to sleep sideway in order not to spill... But I think now I can only sleep flat after c sec...
So so.... Better put waterproof mat on my mattress.... Else I very paiseh to see the stain on mattress....

Mreow mreow, I bought the Kotex maternity loop, but dunno how to wear >.<
But because gleneagle got provide maternity loop also, I guess somehow they will have to provide belt if need to use, so just let them teach me.... Hahaha...
I update u again how it works.... If you haven due by then~~ lol ~~

Allele, I think most mummies wait for dec to come... Just like me also choose dec date for c sec.... Heehee
Ya, agreed, you should have a great bathe before moving yourself to labour ward :)
and I bought Johnson n Johnson 's head to toe for bb shower...

MamaDT, my time is 9-11 in the morning.... If not tire, maybe can update my birth story in the afternoon... Because I dun think I can go anywhere except my bed... Hahaha~~

Mummies, just for info, I bringing my breastpump along, and check with the lactation expert or nurse how to use to for express in order to have better flow of breast milk... This is wat my sis in law advised me also... Because they have better skills....
so suggest u all can bring also if want

MamaDT

Thanks Sze Sze for the breast pump advise... I shall bring it along then :) heehee we shall jia you for u here 9-11 on sat! ;)

Mreow Mreow

Yes SzeSze,
Though we cant be there with u at hospital,
we'll give u moral support all the wat from the Forum!

Haix actually Csec also good la.
Though recovery might be more pain,
But wound site easier to manage...
Can see and Kp clean & dry...

Vag wound so difficult to see how it's progressing & manage since such a delicate area.. :(

Mreow Mreow

Lovepixie!
Thanks for the info!! :)
Anyway, sorry to hear about ur Miscarriage...
I'm sure it was a veryyy upsetting and trying time for both u and ur Hubby last year when it happened...
Nevertheless, uve been blessed with another precious Gem now in ur tummy!! :D :D

MamaDt,
If baby is big at labor, doc might juz use Vacuum or forceps to help speed the delivery..
Also if baby shows distress & ure tired then they might use also..
Then ur baby should come out fine...
Hmm, if need to Csec means it's very urgent scenario and really emergency then have to do.. Like if the Assisted delivery doesn't work..
I don't think and hope u won't fall into that category...

How bout u wait till ure 39weeks?
Before that Ur baby might decide to pop.

Or check with ur DOC is she's THATTTT certain if ur baby reaches a certain size, u def have problem with natural delivery...
If she say yes then ask if assisted delivery can help?

If she still say assisted delivery can't help much & u'll end up Csec,
Then I guess perhaps inducing might be better..

Oops sry think I talk too much.. Hahaha :p
Ultimately it's u And Hubby's choice.
No matter what, we will all support ur decision!! :D

MamaDT

Hahhaa thanks Mreow for the suggestion on questions to ask my Gynae... Hahaha :) very much appreciated. Will ask her next tues heehee.... :)

lovepixie

Hi Sze Sze

U bring manual breast pump or auto breast pump? I actually got both but haven't charge yet. Should charge it before go hospital

Anyway I tried belt for loop last night and the strap is exactly at where c-sect supposed to cut. I guess can wear higher cos got elasticity to pull up but becos belly big can't really pull up.

Hi Mreow Mreow,
If u happen to find other brand belt loop pls let me know ya :)

dmummy

@momopeachgal: next time change gynae! u already started to take ur maternity leave.. so good! i'm thiking to start my maternity leave as well. but haven't finish some task >.<

my baby is 2.8kg now!!!! feel so happy, but my gynae said she's not growing much on the tummy but she's taller... hahaha... like her daddy! my cervix is not really open yet and baby not engaged yet.. so sad!!! still think that she will come out this sunday :p hahaha told her that 3 more nights, or 13 more nights!! choose one hahaha...

lovepixie

Momopeachgirl,
I got one contraction in d morning. One in d afternoon. Then no more. I still thinking to go braid hair or not hahaha. This mummy is very vain.

Wah rent breast pump. Good idea! Let me call my hospital n see.

MamaDT

Momo, nice to sleep at Hm in the weekday right! Hahhaa :p
I am hoping bb b ready and come out within this sat to next Mon without me inducing.... Hahaha
So like dmummy but different dates, I have been telling bb to come out between 1-3 dec lol
I hope I don't resort to induce unnecessarily after a night's tot... Heehee

Lovepixie, braid hair is a good idea.... That was part of my plan as well when I was writing out "what to do and ensure" when I am in labour during my free time at trim 2 for my hubby to take note. I even drew out how the braiding should look like. Lol but I think I am dropping the idea coz I am too lazy and think I won't have strength to do the braiding when I am in labour. Lol :)

Mreow Mreow

Yes!! I love to take naps!! Hee hmms actually induce really will be more painful... let's hope e best case will happen! Talk to ur baby tell ur baby come out in these few days!! Hee .. btw I having a lil milky discharge dono what's tt.. will monitor these few days...

milky discharge from boobs or below?

If below, its normal..
So long got no odor or itch..

I had it the other day After showering!
Tot it might be waterbag but it stopped after few secs..

Then read that its normal for vagina discharge to increase in the late stages of pregnancy! Hehe :)

Sze sze

Lovepixie, I bring the medela electronic breastpump, I think likely I will continue to use after discharge especially when i back to work, so want to know exactly how to use the one I have... Hohoho... Cannot be renting from hospital after discharge...

Anyway, most hospital use medela brand breastpump... And no need to bring steriliser, they can do for you... :)

I also cut my hair till very short, easy to maintain esp during confinement, otherwise I will be very sad because I will definitely feel very hot due to my thick and long hair ... Lol~~

MamaDT, can squat more or climb staircase to increase the chance of deliver or not?
i only know got ppl do more squat and climb staircase to dilate faster....

MamaDT

Sze Sze, can... I have been doing squats and walking since yesterday... Haven't climb staircase haha and do breast massage to simulate contractions ;)

lovepixie

Hi momopeachgirl , Sze Sze
Hmm is medela better? I haven't survey breast pump cos I already get from aunt n sis. I found out my little bean pump is not portable :( no battery wan so must find power point to sit n near the power outlet.

Hi MamaDT,
I go and ask hairdresser but all is either old Aunty or young punk dunno how to braid. Aih what is happening to good hairdresser these days...

Sze sze

Lovepixie, My gf and colleague told me medela is the best so far... So I also follow... Haha.... But depend which type u buy...
What i heard is freestyle is the better one, dual pump, portable and lightweight but expensive if compare to advance PIS which also good but heavier... But but I din buy both... Hahaha... I bought swing, single pump but portable and lightweight... So depends on ur requirement; btw, got feedback that medela pump suction is stronger, so nipple could be sore n hurt for starting...
These pump can be used with battery or Power plug...

Actually I also got pigeon manual pump from my sis... But she told me no good... She pump till very tire and finally give up, then she latch all the way....

but also got fren's wife who using avent breastpump... I dunno good or not...

Last edited:

lovepixie

Sze Sze,

Hmm I see first if my breast milk yield good or not then later buy when working is not too late. At home just use Avent manual and little bean auto should be sufficient. Or direct latch :)

Wah now pain 4th and 5th time closer to 1 hour interval. Dunno still false contraction or not?? I better go bathe n wash hair first. See ya

ivyb

hihi mummies....went for my checkup yesterday and doc confirmed that i'm abt 1cm dilated. He also did a cervix check for me and he could feel my bb's head. My girl's head is quite engaged already which is why i've been feeling more pressure pressing down my cervix with the crampy pain. My husband and I were quite shocked actually cos we thought it's not gg to be so soon at least for another one week or wat. Looking at the current situation, my gynae thinks that labour may kick start even before he needs to see me one week later. Which means i may not even need to be induced! hahaa...sounds pretty a good news for us as we can save all the trouble and i can just deliver naturally...all by myself. My gynae forsees things to happen in the next few days so i'm OFFICIALLY ON STANDBY MODE! Heheee....feeling excited that i'm seeing my bb soon but also can't help wondering when will the ACTUAL day come..hmmmm :s OMG and i'm really gg to be a real mama soon! :D

After the appt yesterday, i saw some brown discharge on my pantyliner...this morning also and my mum said most prob is due to the cervix check done by the doc yesterday. I've been feeling quite crampy on and off today and i could even feel some sharp sensation around the cervix area. I keep telling baby to wait for at least two more days as her mummy still wish to go for her last prenatal yoga class tmr....hahaa...and also sat onwards will be officially December!! :D

Today, I went to daiso and found some pretty letter set and I'll be writing my first LOVE letter to my baby girl tonight or tmr as a momento / gift to her. Her mummy will be her first penpal! <3<3<3

Last edited:

lovepixie

Hi momopeachgirl

I'm determined not to go ER because of first false alarm. A bit paiseh. Later the nurse make noise n face black black like last time huhur. No liquid just yellow creamy discharge that I'm not sure is it counted brown??!
Cramp n pain in pelvic but not frequent. Hmm pray baby let me sleep first tmr let me go appt with doc see how much dilate...

Finish washing my auto pump. Dried it up n search for lactation support group to kill time n forget abt the cramp. hHaha

My travel hair dryer gave up on me. -.-!! No need to bring to hospital then.

Leg pain after only standing up awhile. Zzzz...

Hi Mreow Mreow
Discovered that Intimate brand of loop pad got provide string to tie maternity pad. I tried it on n thought the Kotex belt better but Kotex belt can adjust girth. String wan I dunno how to tie. Now googling for it will share later if found the method before I deliver hahaha.

Owowow pelvic pain now