Edd dec 2012

ivyb

@momopeachgal: i think my baby get used to the MRT sounds! and maybe my brain more active when i'm in office :p
I flip like usual, but i will slowly flip from right ot left, sometimes will lie on my back for a while hahaha... then flip to another side :D

@mamaDT: most of the mummies said that induce will cause more pain! so better naturally...

any mummies opt for the skin to skin with baby directly? told my gynae about this, she said that it's a normal procedure but the baby will be taken away from mummy after 5 - 10 minutes to clean up and wrap???!! i thought the skin to skin supposed to be the baby put in mummy chest without being clean for 1 - 2 hours? shall i insist to put the baby for 1 - 2 hours? from what i read, it will helps mummy to produce the colostrum faster.

another question!! how big is your hospital bag?? i pack 1 back pack and 1 sling bag. wondering shall i put it into a cabin size luggage.. haha like want to travel :p i bring my hubby clothes as well because he's planning to stay.
Hello dmummy, i'm also gg to opt for skin to skin contact with my newborn. It is greatly encouraged for all mummies to do so and fyi even some daddies tried it with the newborns too in case if their wives are opting for c-sect with full body anesthetics.

I was told during the childbirth class that the skin-to-skin session can take 30-45mins depending on how 'cooperative' is ur newborn....and yes mummy can produce colostrum faster which i think it's a good thing....can immediately latch on and build bonding with their newborn.....awwwwww it's gg to be a really touching scene....and my husband is pretty sure that i will cry during the skin to skin cos when we watched the video in class, we were really touched by the scene whereby the newborn was placed on top of the mummy's naked body and somehow the baby knows how to auto move towards the mummy breast.

I've packed one big bag for myself and one diaper bag for my bb. :)

MamaDT

I am sure gonna cry for all sorts of reason!!! Hahaha cry for my tough pregnancy experience in trim 1-2 trying to protect baby, the feeling of being kicked and punched by bb in tummy which makes me happy and keep me company during my "confinement" at Hm, then the scare from pain of EPI, scare from tearing, scare from pushing, scare for screaming, and finally my love for bb, hearing him, seeing him, touching him, carrying him! Lol all the mixed feeling! Hahaha gonna b emotional I am sure! Maybe say sthg like "u are finally out baby!!!" And then cry even more.... Booooo hoooo Lol well I won't b surprise if I really do sthg like that! Hahaha

Momo: ooh large fries has honey chicken chipotle shaker fries yah! Enjoy!!
The Nuk wipes is to wipe nipple one heeeheee... Bought it in kiddy palace :)
I went daiso and purchased two packs of the caramel corn chips! Yummmy! Hahaha gonna have tt tml.... Hahhaa
Oh I got the checkup time wrong yah hahaha blur me... Do update us tml! ^^

Gonna sleep mummies! Night!!

Last edited:

ivyb

Good luck to ivybb. :)
Any pelvic pain like what I'm experiencing ?
Hi lovepixie, i'm not sure if it's pelvic pain but i've been feeling menses-like cramp these couple of days on and off and i can really feel my bb's head pressing pretty low now...which makes walking even more challenging. i couldn't even walk fast and sometimes i really walk very slowly like an old lady and it's even more painful when the bladder is quite full. :'((

How r u coping today?

lovepixie

Hi ivybb

Today I can't tahan the cramp n I loaded my hospital bag etc into the car just in case. Hubby look at me and say what r u doing? I told him when pain wanna go as soon as possible. Haha then he looked at me like I'm a madwoman. MIL also surprised n say is it time? Lol, when cramp comes I into auto mode and do the necessary step without thinking. Make me less 1 thing to worry abt haha.

ivyb

I am sure gonna cry for all sorts of reason!!! Hahaha cry for my tough pregnancy experience in trim 1-2 trying to protect baby, the feeling of being kicked and punched by bb in tummy which makes me happy and keep me company during my "confinement" at Hm, then the scare from pain of EPI, scare from tearing, scare from pushing, scare for screaming, and finally my love for bb, hearing him, seeing him, touching him, carrying him! Lol all the mixed feeling! Hahaha gonna b emotional I am sure! Maybe say sthg like "u are finally out baby!!!" And then cry even more.... Booooo hoooo Lol well I won't b surprise if I really do sthg like that! Hahaha

Momo: ooh large fries has honey chicken chipotle shaker fries yah! Enjoy!!
The Nuk wipes is to wipe nipple one heeeheee... Bought it in kiddy palace :)
I went daiso and purchased two packs of the caramel corn chips! Yummmy! Hahaha gonna have tt tml.... Hahhaa
Oh I got the checkup time wrong yah hahaha blur me... Do update us tml! ^^

Gonna sleep mummies! Night!!
Goodnight my dear and it's officially DECEMBER when everyone woke up tmr! WOOHOO!!! :D

ivyb

Hi ivybb

Today I can't tahan the cramp n I loaded my hospital bag etc into the car just in case. Hubby look at me and say what r u doing? I told him when pain wanna go as soon as possible. Haha then he looked at me like I'm a madwoman. MIL also surprised n say is it time? Lol, when cramp comes I into auto mode and do the necessary step without thinking. Make me less 1 thing to worry abt haha.
Oh dear... urs seems more serious than mine. Btw do u see any brown discharge so far?

allele

Some updates about my week 39 and 6 days appointment today..

Kinda mixed emotions today.. today gynae did cervix check and he described my baby is still 高高在上, still enjoying her own sweet time sleeping up high in my uterus. When he inserted his 2 fingers into my cervix, i can feel that he really try to insert it deep to check and seems like not much difference from last week. No engagement.. in fact I also didnt have any sign of labour so far. Started to feel that baby going to stay there forever, reluctant to come out :p

So the next question was whether to be induced or not. He said either A)to be induced on tmr or B)we can let the baby stay in there for another week, or lastly C)to be induced after the one week of waiting. When we heard of to be induced on tmr, me and hubby were so shocked coz we dun expect to be so sudden! Haha.. Then we decided to wait for another week and if nothing happens then I shall be induced on 8/12 (Sat). So there goes my Dec baby!

Oh regarding to the skin-to-skin contact thing, I did asked my gynae and he said if i choose to let the fresh, slimy baby directly lie on my chest also can, if i want the baby to be cleaned first and have skin to skin contact later on also can, as long as we are happy and can be with the baby as long as we want. Haha.. that's for my case in KKH. Not sure if other hospital does the same practices or not.

dmummy

It's december!!! Baby can come out anytime hehe as long as december!

@ivybb: i think i will tell my gynae i will opt for skin to skin more than 10minutes. I shall insist! Let's see what she said. Previously she said that the baby will feel cold, but from what i read, mummy's body temperature after that big big push will become very warm hence the baby can feel very secure.

@lovepixie: will you opt for skin to skin? Hopefully my gynae will agree. Hope ur baby will engaged soon!

Sze sze

MamaDT.. Momopeachgal.. Thanks... Let's jia you for all mummies...

I now at glenE hospital... Waiting... Not anxious but sleepy... Lol~~
my hubby now very excited and feel gan jiong for me!!!

allele

MamaDT.. Momopeachgal.. Thanks... Let's jia you for all mummies...

I now at glenE hospital... Waiting... Not anxious but sleepy... Lol~~
my hubby now very excited and feel gan jiong for me!!!
Very soon u will get to see ur baby la! Feel excited for u! Good luck and take care!

Morning mummies and happy 1dec!

Post too long can only rem some.

Sze sze, look forward to see your baby photos! And hear your story... all the best!

Was it ivyb who mentioned about the skin to skin contact thingy. .. I dint know there's this thing. How to opt for it ah? Cos I thought usually after baby out they need to check baby weight etc and clean baby so if we opt Thstd will it hinder the process?

Some update about me... ydsy at 38weeks 2 days baby is 3.2kg le.. but not engaged yet. Baby grow quite fast lately so gynae just warned me if wait until full term baby still no signs of labour send more than 3.5kg maybe more difficult and might then ask me want c-sect or not. Cos my gynae is pro natural so he still advise me to wait and see for one week. Strangely he dint mention about induce at all. When I ask him he said better to let it cone out naturally first. Cos I haven't engaged, induced might be difficult.

Hmmm I really hope to give birth naturally. Ydsy is my offiiCal last day le! Happy! Earlier on I've been telling baby to wait until I'm off work so I guess he's being very guai and let me finish my work with peace. But from ydsy I told him he can come out le... don't let mummy wait too long... now a good weight...hope he really listens to me.... haha...

Now is a waiting time for all mummies! The month we've been waiting for... Jia you to all mummies!!

MamaDT

Happy December all mummies!

Sze Sze: so happy u r seeing bb soon!!

Allele: wow ur bb very comfy in u... Heehee try talking to bb more heehee

IvyB: how's ur cramp? Got more intense?

Lovepixie: u so cute heehee... Are u in labourward waiting for ur turn already? Heehee

Mummies!! Jia you!! Hope our bb listens to us and b good boys and gals! ^^

MamaDT

Wah Momo, ur baby now good weight to come out leh... :) so happy! Faster talk to bb more!! U eat durian ah? My whole family kept tempting me with durians for weeks! I told them I don't want coz I scared bb to big.. Lol

Cherry Blossom: wow 3.2kg is nice! Head diameter is near 35cm mah? Hopefully u can go for natural :) ur bb gains how much weight each week?

I read that induction is discouraged by WHO unless with medical reasons. The number of people using induction shd not be more than 10%. It has some risks too. Maybe that's y ur Gynae didn't mention :)

psycho bb come out see Santa Claus (acted by daddy) Liao! Heehee and got pretty and cute santarina (acted by mummy) to see! Hahaha

Sze sze

Baby Kate is finally out at 0915 at Gleneagles, weight 2.835kg. Both mother & Baby are fine.

Now abit tire... Going to sleep soon, I will update my birth story later... It is wonderful experience!!!
Btw, the epidural injection not really painful and I think quite safe, so mummies dun worry if really need it to ease your pain

MamaDT

Wow! Congrats Mummy Sze Sze!!! Remember to show us the pics!
Happy to hear mummy and baby Kate safe! Cool! Happy bf later!!! ^^

MamaDT and momopeachgal

My baby gains average of about 200g per week but last week he gains 300g in 1 week 3 days.. I also gained 0.7g minus baby weight. I asked doc is it I should eat less but he say no leh nothing to do with my eating. But I think last week I eat more unhealthy that's why. Hehe but I thought since pregnancy is ending might as well indulge. :)

I have a mini Christmas gathering with friends today! Have a great weekend!

ivyb

Happy December all mummies!

Sze Sze: so happy u r seeing bb soon!!

Allele: wow ur bb very comfy in u... Heehee try talking to bb more heehee

IvyB: how's ur cramp? Got more intense?

Lovepixie: u so cute heehee... Are u in labourward waiting for ur turn already? Heehee

Mummies!! Jia you!! Hope our bb listens to us and b good boys and gals! ^^
My cramp was quite regular last nite but it seems to hv gone off after I woke up this morning. I can still go market wif my mum to hv brekkie n oso to buy a few more PJs and panties. :)

Mummies, how r u all feeling today?

ivyb

Baby Kate is finally out at 0915 at Gleneagles, weight 2.835kg. Both mother & Baby are fine.

Now abit tire... Going to sleep soon, I will update my birth story later... It is wonderful experience!!!
Btw, the epidural injection not really painful and I think quite safe, so mummies dun worry if really need it to ease your pain
Feel so happy for u babe! Hv a good rest for now and looking forward to ur birth story soon! Dec mamas rocks!!! :cool: