Edd dec 2012

MamaDT

Hi mummies / mummies-to-be, need some advice. I'm in my 39weeks+, cervix already soften and baby is around 3.5kg. So far no sign yet and gynae suggested that I should be induced soon. Am having mixed feelings, to wait for a few more days or just go ahead? Thanks!
Xsher, it's up to u... How many more days to week 40? And Gynae wanna induce if bb overdue?
Depending on What are ur concern?
Induction is more painful but again if u are worried about baby overdue or oversize and cant wait for a few more days, just go ahead induce. Solve ur worries. :) but again decision is still up to u as it concerns ur baby and u and Gynae shd be a better advisor on why induce, y shdnt wait, what u shd do... :)

MamaDT

Hi momopeachgirl

Just let baby suck. I was so insistant to build up my BM I hide all the FM away. Also remember baby's belly is d size of a marble ball. So don't worry if frequent feed or not enough. No need to force baby use fm too much.

Hi mummies, this is what I learn from nurses n friends who r experienced mom.
BF is the best way to clear all birubin bcos baby liver can't handle all the task it need to perform yet.

Today I was stressed n gave in to mil feeding baby with grape juice and bathing her with coconut juice to reduce her jaundice. Also to prove baby enough feed I bf both breast for 10 mins each breast n let mil feed fm. Baby won't even suck after 2 sip. This proven the theory abt baby small belly size. And no need FM. I drank her FM up. Waste not want not and yuck.

Since baby liver already have too much birubin to process if top up FM baby's liver need to process the by products of FM. Remember all processed food has byproducts and chemicals. Adult can process it but it be hard for newborn to process it. That's y we also not encouraged to take fast food or canned food during pregnancy.

Sorry for the long post.
Thanks for the useful info Lovepixie!! ^^ it helps to prepare our mentality towards bf and food that we take... :)

MamaDT

Thank u mummies for e encouragement! :)

Luckystar, thank u !! U jiayou too!"! Yes don induce.. my baby weighs only 3.020 kg when gynae checkup using ultrasound is 3.4 kg.. I will try fenugreek!! But I must learn how to latch properly .. cos my nipple is too big:(

MamaDT, Thks dear!"! I will think positive.. will try hee.. I really dono how to take care of baby.. baby cry I panic.. baby kick I hard to carry him.. he can cry foe hours non stop!! Now he has jaundice.. hopefully by Monday checkup he will recover..
Momopeachgal, think I might b like u after delivery.. I also might not know as much as other mummies to take care of baby... But just try ur best... Main thing, try to calm ur mind before doing action on baby to soothe his crying... Heehee have u tried putting him on your laps and rock him super lightly? Does it helps? If cant feed BM, try to add abit of fm for him... Or not enuff BM, then mix fm... So that at least he drinks enuff :)

Heehee I am not yet an official mummy but this is what I learnt from antenatal class and trying to adopt. Of course there are more skilled mummies here to help and support u ^^
U aren't alone so don't stress yah! ^^

dmummy i'm same as you! edd 12 dec and delivering at Thomson. Who knows we'll meet? haha.. i also hope baby will deliver these two days... my next check is 11 dec... will then heed doc's advice... likely to induce if no signs by edd....

Xsher, maybe you want to wait until your edd? what's your doc's advice? did he say he worried baby too big cannot natural deliver? actually i feel its kind of hard to make a decision at times... cos dunno when will baby be out. or u ask him if you induce now, chances of delivering naturally is it high?

allele, jia you!!

momopeachgal, yah be positive. i think it is ok to express first, when your nipples better than latch. Dont give up. Dont be stress... it can affect the milkflow... jia you... tell yourself we all can do it and overcome de.

i think i saw a mucus plug dischrage this morning... its like a jelly like substance after i pee.... but no bloody discharge and no contraction. I google search read that even if its mucus plug, some people can vary from few days to few weeks for labour to kick in.... does any mummy have this?

Beenies

Hi mummies! The connection at the labor ward was so weak I couldn't log in to update u gals!
I'm still at Kkh now but transferred to the maternity ward area should be going for the csect tml!

Beenies

Mreow mreow hasn't posted her updates too right?! Maybe weak signal. So far thanks to all mummies advice I admitted yesterday when the flow got more frequent but no contractions yet however doc suggested that we should bring the twins out latest by mon

Beenies

I think the worse part so far is being on the drip with the needle sticking in your palm 24/7! Any mummies felt the same way or I'm jus lousy with a low threshold for pain :(

Congrats to all mummies given birth !! So happy and glad for you babes. Hope everyone is doing well with confinement and bf-ing!

Today is my edd! But no signs of popping yet..... Last check up will be on Monday, if still no signs of labour , will be induced to tues hopefully baby can pop on 12/12/12!

MamaDT

Ooh Cherry, looks like ur baby hears u... And quite on time yah :) update us yah! ^^ so excited for u! Mucus plug, any tinge of pink?

Beenies, I hate drips hahah but according to the nurses, they said hand can still move flexibly coz the needle inside is of plastic.... So light reflexes is safe.... How's ur feeling now of gonna see ur twins soon? Heehee remember to post pics yah...

Allele, how are u? Jia you!

Heartsmich, I see... Hmmm hopefully u get to see the signs tn or tml! ^^

allele

Hey Beenies you''re in KKH too? I'm just left my room and right now just walking around the hospital.
Anyway this morning I was given prostin vaginally at 10.30am and has been monitored for contractions for 2 hours. Then no pain at all.. after that lunch provided at 1.30pm and followed by admission to my room in the ward. Around 4pm provided tea break and fetus movement and contractions were monitored. And now almost 5pm still no feeling yet.. Dr said I will be given a second pill of prostin at 10pm. At the mean time just walk around first. Ah.. what a dragon egg!

Sze sze

Lovepixie, the green papaya soup, use green papaya (remove the seed and cut the papaya into cube size or any form of size as you like), pig tail bone (don't néed the tail), some red dates, boil them until the papaya is soft to consume...

A lot of vegetable cannot eat during confinement, but can eat Kai Lan, I got eat spinach after 6th day... You can try that...
i not yet eating a lot herb, but already started chicken herb soup after dinner, normal lunch n dinner would be sesame chicken with black fungus & ginger (but I din eat ginger), chicken cooked using wine, steam fish etc...

lovepixie

Hi mummies. Back from clinic for check jaundice. My poor Gwen has been checked for jaundice every day for 3 days. Diff feet of course! Today what is heart-wrenching is that after the third day being poked at d heel she stop crying after I touch her cheeks. I told her mama is here. It's like she expected to be poked in the feet everyday n got used to it. I'm tearing up a lil typing this out.
Kind paediatrician explained that no need to worry as its at the top of a graph n jaundice is expected to go down after day 7. Will monitor n c.

Hi xasher,
Abt inducing pls refer to pg 68 of my post. Good luck to u ^^

Hi MamaDT
^^ we mothers need to share share experience cos we r stuck in age where tradition meets science n technology n mothers now have more say in child care compared to before

Hi Allele, good luck n pray for a smooth delivery for u. Enjoy ur breakfast n maybe nurse let u bathe one last time. Hehe mine did.

Cherryblossom n Mreow Mreow
Gambateh. Jia you. Waiting for ur updates.

Hi momopeachgirl
Hang in there. Motherhood is a splendour thing. But when I see my girl smile in her sleep I think wake up every hour to feed jaundiced baby is worth it.

Sze sze

MamaDT, yes, the baby weight is estimated when gynae did the ultrasound scan, my gynae told me the actual would be 10%+/- ;
For my Kate, the day before birth was measured estimated at 2.998kg, actual birth weight is 2.835... So it is common that the actual weight does not neccesary same as pre-delivery... :)

i went to weigh myself on thu... Abit relax as I only put on weight of 3kg as compared to my pre pregnancy weight!!!
Now wearing adominal binder, to reduce the pain when moving ard and carrying baby, also hope to cut down the fats on my tummy...

Sze sze

Momo, dun stress, the more you stress, the less milk you got... Rest more, it helps to increase the milk flow, this is wat my sis in law who breastfeed her 3 children...
My gf having difficulties to latch her baby girl, so she did expressing EBM and feed in bottle...
Btw, I checked with pediatrician about how to lower down the jaundice if milk flow not in, he mentioned that can give abit supplement which has HA wording on the formula (ie Enfalac or Nan), these are the better one but more expensive... Just for you all info only;
Regarding the supplement, my opinion is I would do whatever is recommended and good for baby so long it can cure the jaundice...

For nipple, each time after latching, you use hand to press out a bit milk, use the milk to moisturizes the nipple, it will heel faster...
(Also a tip from my sis in law), and I have been doing this which make me feel better...

MamaDT, hmmm no tinge of pink leh... hmmm will have to monitor and see how... :)

Lovepixie, can understand your feelings... seeing our little ones being poked... baby Gwen will be fine Dont worry Ya...

All mummies who are still waiting... Jia you wor! So good to know everyone who shares and support each other!

Sze sze

Beenies... I had the drips 24 hrs after c sect delivery!!!
It is still bearable, I also kind if hard care the needle when breastfeeding, the nurse see me moving my hand like nobody business, very kind to 'remind' me that there is needle on my palm!!!

Hang on there, imagine you will be seeing your twin soon in next 24 hrs, it is worth it!!!

MamaDT

Sze Sze, ur tips is cool!! Thanks for sharing on how to tackle nipple soreness and also the fm lookout! :) and u only put on 3kg! That's good! ^^ so u got do the postnatal massage?
Oh baby's actual vs scan weight difference is ony 10% yah... Hmm this one I must take note! :) Thanks! Happy Bf-ing!

Sze sze

Lovepixie, I can fully understand ur feeling there.. Your little Gwen can feel you...
It will be fine, make sure baby got drink n poo regularly... Jaundice will go down one!!
you must take care urself first... Jia you!!

MamaDT

Cherry!!! So excited for u!! Haha go TMC must say ah then we can cheer for u here! Heehee

Allele, don't kan Cheong ah.... Hopefully very thing goes smoothly for u! Jia you!! ^^