Edd dec 2012

Sze sze

Pink2purple, momo, I still let Kate wear mittens, scared she scratches her face when struggle!!
and you know what, she still can grab my shirt even wearing mitten.. Hahaha...

Mreow Mreow

SzeSze. U really let baby sleep on tummy ah! :)

U mention that at night Kate doesn't wake to disturb u?
She Is on Bmilk right? She don't wake up to drink ah?

Danika doesn't grab my shirt!
Actually she hardly grabs anything.
She juz clench her own fist around her mitten!

Momo, u ever experience being alone at home wif glenn & he was crying non-stop?
If yes, wad happened and how did u eventually soothe him?

Sze sze

Mreow mreow, yeah! Sleep on tummy during day time...
At night, she will sleep except wake up to drink, then continue to sleep on her back...
hahaha....

Luckystar

Mreow mreow, yeah! Sleep on tummy during day time...
At night, she will sleep except wake up to drink, then continue to sleep on her back...
hahaha....
Wah so nice Kate sleep on tummy !! My Rhea refuses to sleep on tummy , every time I put her on tummy she cries a lot till I pick her up.

Luckystar

Mreow, yes! When I alone and when he cry non stop no matter how hard t try to sooth him, I will get frustrated. Then I will put him down n calm myself first then I try all sorts of ways yo carry him, or sing to him. Eventually he will fall asleep haha. Cos he will get tired of crying. Sometimes I give him water .. or give him a warm bath :)
Momo
Now I can understand what it is to look after baby all on your own !! Must commend how you are managing with Glenn. Since my mum left 2 days ago my Rhea is just clinging on to me all the time . I have difficult time to go take shower to go to toilet also .. Really missing my mum !!

Momo, if face ceiling she wakes up very easily...not sure if she's startled or what. But if sleep side, she'll sleep better. Oh, mittens will obstruct hand growth? Hmmm maybe will try taking it off next week when my gal turns 2 months. Got to cut her fingernails more often then i guess, she loves to rub her mittens over her face and eyes...although her hands will be in a fist most of the times.

My mom told me during my time, I slept in the frog position too...supposed to make the baby feel more secured. But seems like now this position is not really favoured coz it might cause Sudden Infant Death (frm what I read frm books). I guess better keep a close watch of baby if we put them sleeping in this way.

Pink2purple, ur baby slp sideways isit because she get startled easily if face ceiling? N btw I heard tt baby better not wear mittens after 2nd month old cos will obstruct their hand growth so I never let my boy wear le

Sze sze

Luckystar, usually I feed Kate full and she will be sleepy, after burp, she will sleep on my arm or on my chest, then I put her to bed to sleep on her tummy, so she continue to sleep...
Never put her to sleep on tummy when she is awake, I know it is not going to be succeed, because she cannot fall sleep on bed by herself...

pink2purple, yes, so we need to watch out if let our bb sleep on tummy;
usually I check her out ard every 15 mins, if I doing chores or cooking or eating, or bathe quickily;
or i use laptop in room near the bed, so I can watch her out;
good things is she can sleep better, longer; my hand can rest a bit; if too tire, can lie down and rest next to her!!
hohohoho!!

momo, you are power!! Alone facing non stop crying Glenn, and you still can calm down...
for me, when Kate very naughty and fussy or keep want to suck noobs but no drink or sleep although keep yawning , I will scold her, purposely pat her butt very loud and tell her mama is angry because she is naughty...
The lactation consultant told me, don't let bb control you, you should control her...
And I think bb can feel your tone, and subsequently calm down and sleep soon...

Haha Sze Sze you're so cute! But at least she listens to you this way :)

Found out that another way to make my baby sleep fast is put her on my chest. Up side is I get to sleep too, or I can surf net with my phone...hahha

Mreow Mreow

After milk, I'll lay Danika down by herself to play.
Then she can entertain herself awhile only.
Maybe 20mins.
Then after that she'll cry!
Either to be carried & walk around.
Or carried to be put to sleep.
Like that lor...

After being carried to slp, I'll put her down slowly.
Sometimes she wake up again, sometimes she don't.

Only at night, I'll feed her lying down so she dozes off straight away after drinking.

Now I'm not so stressed yet!
After 5march I might be stressed!
Cuz my mum will be gg back Thailand on 5mar & I'll be all alone!! :(
On days where Hubby on flight & not in spore, I really hope I will be able to cope!

For me, I dun needa eat. I juz need sleep!
How about u?
Sleep or eat is more IMPT to u? :)

Mreow Mreow

Before I leave house wif Baby,
My mum will use her Index finger to touch the sole of our feet,
Then touch the index finger to Danika's head.

The Thais believe that this will 'protect' baby and prevent evil eyes from disturbing baby when she's outdoors.
So when she come home she won't be cranky!!

Mreow Mreow

Glenn could either be full & not hungry,
Either wanting a Slower milk flow,
Or even a faster milk flow from the bottle teat,

Try changing to bigger teat flow?

Or he might juz want to comfort suck. And not wanting milk! So pacifier will do.

When Danika Fuss & cry at my full boob, I unlatch her & i will realize that I'm having letdown where milk drips very fast.
She's not happy.
So I transfer her to the other boob which I use at the prev feeding & she's more calm there cuz Milk flows slower.
She juz want slow flow milk.

I Have to experiment here and there.
When she's super hungry, slow flow she will fuss n cry.
So I'll swop to the full boob Thn she b ok.

When she cries & trying both side don't work,
I know she's not hungry & juz wanna suck but dun want milk.

Since I nv gif pacifier & can't give boobs also cuz milk will come out when she suck, and she clearly doesn't want milk,

I unlatch and walk her around.
She'll slp after tt alr!

Mreow Mreow

Lovepixie, Danika does choke at letdowns too!

Momo, thx for the encouragement!
I will jia you next month .
Think I'll feel lonely as the house will b more quiet after my mom leaves! :(

Mreow Mreow

Hehe.
Alone with her ok.
Alone with her n her cries, not ok!!
Haha

At the moment I prefer to have either hubby or my mum around with me n danika!
Hehe. Think I need some time to get used to it.
Carry her for 15min my arm aches already. Then have to put her down. Omg.
I can't carry her around n do things 1 hand man...
U can momo?

Wad Tym in d morning does Glenn wake up for good n not sleep after milk?

Mreow Mreow

Yep Need a lot of patience!
I was awake earlier too
Feeding my milk monster.
I put Dania to bed at 10pm. Hopefully she can last till 9am!
These days usually she wake up for good at between 9-11am.

Now awake feeding her again!
Later at 7+ sure gotta feed again.

How many times u feed Glenn from 10pneumatic onwards?
So last time normally wad tym in d mornibg he wake up for Gd?

Waa at least Glenn can watch u eat while u are carrying him.
Danika likes to b on d move so I cant Juz carry her n sit down. Haha

Happy belated Valentine's day momo!
Juz u n me here!!! Hehe :)