Edd dec 2012

Mreow Mreow

Ecila, no night feed?? Really! !!

Wow thats gd news!
Is ur baby on breastmilk??

SzeSze, sleeping till 3-4am if slept at 9-11pm is very good!
Do u bfeed lying down at night still?
My gal is still waking up every 2.5h-3h for milk at night.

At about 5am plus she'll start to have some gas cuz while im feeding her, she'll put her knees up and fart...
Any mummies experience this too?

Oh ya, pls advice me if u are using gripe water and does it work?
And can I give at night before bedtime?

ecila23

Yea mreow... On formula... Last feeding at 10.30pm and next at 6 or 7... Then he will sleep till 10am unless I wake him up for shower...

Mreow,
I give gripe water when my boy is really cranky & can't get to slp, amt abt half a teaspoon ok already, just before bed time.
He will slp for 4-5hrs before waking up at 4-5am for another feed.

I apply ruyi oil for my boy like 3-4 times a day to help get rid of the wind & easier to poo.
Also easier for him to burp.

HTHs!

ecila23

My bb hav been drinking 120ml since he is 3 weeks old and morning 6-7am he can drink 150... I usually make 150ml so that I don't restrict his consumption. Yea indeed blessed... I have two gals and they only stop night feeding around 7-8 months... I tot boy will be worst cos his intake sure higher but in real fact... Boy is easier to look after... Not cranky at all... So talkative with his bb language and smile whenever someone talks to him... Guess he is a cheerful bb... Jus like both my gals...

Mreow Mreow

JoelleJell,
Which ruyi oil to buy?
I saw afew bottles in Watson and I dunno which is for babies! Haha

I tried to spoon feed my gal d gripe water.
But with some difficulty. Haha. She doesnt know how to drink from spoon leh. Haha

Ecila, I really doubt my gal can last more than 4h since she's on Breastmilk. .
Oh wells.
Guess I shall let her take her time..

Momo, finally I see u here!
Ive extended my mum visa by a few days. So actually she's leavin on 10march! 2more nights.
She's so certain that I wont b able to settle my food.
Cuz when baby sleep, I usually sleep too.
I guess when she leaves, I cant sleep when danika is asleep!
Muz wake up & cook. Haha!
And I hope glenn's fever will subside ya. .
U got a nanny yet?

Mreow Mreow

JoelleJell,
Also, when gripe water is given, usually baby will fart more often right?
Yesterday I gave her the gripe water before bedtime at 845pm, then she woke up to fartbat about 10pm leh.
So her sleep was kinda disrupted.
Eventually fell asleep at 1215am! Omg. ..

I thought gripe water will calm the tummy and let her fart comfortably without waking!

tcmy

Hi all mummies, I'm back again :)

Clara took her 5in1 on the 5th. Surprisingly her cry doesn't last long, after a while she quiets down. :)

I get her interval time between milk le, at first don't know a bit panic.. she's more to active in the night than in the day, maybe reason born at night?

She has been sleeping throughout the night without milk since 2nd month.. but she usually take her last milk around 12am, will sleep after milk till 7-9am for her next feed.

Enjoyed watching growing up daily.. she's trying to talk every time we carry her.. n she Loves watching the NEWS.. haha, funny thing is when u block her.. she will *ehhh*.. LOL! Now she will even have clearer signal on wanting to sleep / be carried / milk.. can't wait till she knows how to crawl.. thats gonna be fun ^^

Sze sze

Momo, have u found infant care to take care ur bb?
where u stay or work? U want to find infant care near workplace or house?
I m not sure if she is 3 mths growing spurt or not...
I tried feed EBM 110ml, but 2 hours later I got to feed.... But sometime, she drinks 3 hrs later, confusing me!!
Or different time of the day, she wants drink different quantity?
Like we eat differently during breakfast, lunch or dinner?

mreow mreow, I believe you can handle Danika well alone... "Atmost sleep less only" ...
heehee....

Ecila23, so good your boy din wake up to drink, you can rest well...

Sze sze

Momo, I brought Kate to 5-in-1 jab today, she cried a while during the jab, once out of pd room, she stop crying...

I asked about the reduce in milk quantity in each intake, pd said it is normal, during initial stage they tends to drink more because of growth, but after that will maintain or reduce slowly, not too worry, so long the weight and health is good...
Kate is now 6.21kg, pd said she abit over fat, but overall is good... Hahaha...

i am not familiar punggol, hope u can find infant care soon...

Sze sze

Mummies , when you intend to start solid?
i read that, if fm baby should start at 4 months, bfeed baby starts at 6 months, pd recommend 5 months....
What you say?

Mreow: you should try to feed baby gripe water after his morning bath, the boss at medical hall recommend de, as it is considered "cold", so it's better to feed in the day.

Tcmy: before your baby's last feed he is awake? And sleep after 12am?
My boy always sleep at 8-9pm till 3am for feed then wake again at 6am, wondering how to delay his sleep timing, or should I just dream feed him at 12am?

lizasaifi

Hi mummies! I'm so happy! Hehehe nurin had been maintaining her night feed duration at 4-5 hourly for d past few days. Hehehe last nite was d best! Had her feed at 7.15pm, next one was at 12.30am n last was at 5am. Hahaha I had enough sleep n am working morning shift. I hope she will maintain it like this n one day able to sleep thru d nite. :D

Hello mummies!

Just joined this forum! Gave birth on dec 29 2012 (almost a new year baby!! damn. haha)
I am on total breastfeeding now, and my baby wakes up abt 2-3 hours...on random occasions, about 4 hours. But i also express breastmilk every 4.5 hours, trying to stretch to 6 hours so i can go to work and still pump.

tcmy

Heatsmich,
Clara is either usually still sleeping before her last milk, n will wake up n make noise for her last milk. After finished, burp. i put her to her cot, she will sleep herself.
If sometimes her last milk was at 11, she will sleep ard 11:30pm. N throughout the night till 7/8am for her next feed.

Sometimes i also dream feed Clara, when she's really sleepy, i'll so called "top up" her milk so her sleep will drag longer till morning instead of waking in the middle of the night.

Hi Loopy, welcome to this forum :)

Thank you Tcmy

Yesterday I brought my baby to the baby spa at nex. he slept after the swim and I dreamt fed him..but he didnt really sleep deeply after which. kept waking up and cry hysterically. not sure why. :( at night i let him latched on until this morning, he was cranky again. but now (2.30pm) hes aslp since his last feed at about 9am plus.

JoelleJell,
Also, when gripe water is given, usually baby will fart more often right?
Yesterday I gave her the gripe water before bedtime at 845pm, then she woke up to fartbat about 10pm leh.
So her sleep was kinda disrupted.
Eventually fell asleep at 1215am! Omg. ..

I thought gripe water will calm the tummy and let her fart comfortably without waking!
Hey Mreow,

Sorry for the late reply.
iPhone app wasn't working well -_-"

Ruyi oil, I buy "ji xiang" brand, got metal container.
Come in 3 sizes, usually watson, guardian & ntuc sell small & medium size.
Chinese medical hall will have large size.
Post picture for you shortly.

The gripe water, I feed around 10-11.30pm. My boy doesn't sleep that early...
We buy a small dessert spoon to feed, if not you can buy small syringe from pharmacy to feed.
No leh, my boy don't fart much after gripe water, more to calm him so can sleep better.

To make him fart, usually after bath, during poo time or after feed, I'll apply for him ruyi oil as long he appears gassy.
These days he got "power" fart!
So mummy must avoid eating curry :(

tcmy

Momo / Loopy,
Yes its good that Clara can sleep on her own.. i usually sing her to sleep at night, but now if i continued to sing when she's sleepy.. she will "err err"-meaning i want to sleep, just put her into her cot. Cover blanket n her tiny boaster, she will sleep soundly. Super cute. :)

Mreow mreow,
I'm also using the ji xiang brand ruyi oil too. Just apply abit on ur hands, rub ur hands tgt till hot den massage it on ur bb's tummy. Quite effective for getting rid of gases. :)

Any mummies make a baby diary or photo album for ur babies?

Last edited:
Momo / Loopy,
Yes its good that Clara can sleep on her own.. i usually sing her to sleep at night, but now if i continued to sing when she's sleepy.. she will "err err"-meaning i want to sleep, just put her into her cot. Cover blanket n her tiny boaster, she will sleep soundly. Super cute. :)

Mreow mreow,
I'm also using the ji xiang brand ruyi oil too. Just apply abit on ur hands, rub ur hands tgt till hot den massage it on ur bb's tummy. Quite effective for getting rid of gases. :)

Any mummies make a baby diary or photo album for ur babies?

I sing too. lol, sometimes he frowns when i sing. lol!

i made a baby diary photo album thing when i was preg until now. but ever since i give birth, slow down alr, cant update much because no tiem to go print the photos out. haha.