EDD December 2013

LilMissy

@chocoholic: wow! so envious that you gained weight, coz lost mine...haha! yup, felt that at a very early weeks already. :)

and yes, the occasional cramps might be due to uterus expanding. :D so dun worry, unless it gets excessive and whatnots...

faith86

@chocoholic: Yes, I do get cramps at times, and my gynae told me not to get too worried as our uterus is expanding. Hope ur gynae appt next week can tell the gender of the baby :D

Popori52

Any idea if.... straight after delivery, doctor will place baby on mommy's chest for skin-to-skin contact while clearing up the placenta/ doing stich? Or have to request? Or depends on doctor?

NinaNeuron

Actually you can use the technique to recover quicker after your c-section. Hypnosis is very much what we can practice during our daily life. I use it when I need to stimulate a bowel movement too. Haha. It works!
Ah I see what you mean! Have been lazy in preparing for birth (exercise, mind prep, etc) as it feels like with a C-sect the doctors have done the work for you!
Are you conducting workshops in Singapore by any chance?

Popori52: I'm oso wondering the same thing.. did u went for the KKH Parenting forum? i heard about this at the forum there last Sun.. and i think it is quite interesting.. the speaker said KKH will do that.. but i'm not sure about other hospital.. But means the mom has to b naked?

LilMissy: Dun envy me.. i just hope my weight gain is healthy.. haha.. mayb u can eat choc and carbs to put on weight.. hee.. and ice-cream! =p

faith86: yah.. sure hope the bb will show us.. got to start talking to bb to b co-operative on Monday liao..

Muffie

chocoholic: thank you! hopefully u get to know the gender soon! :D

littlemoomoo: we are seeing the same gynae! :D

Popori52

Chocoholic: Nope, I didn't go to the KK Parenting Forum. I was thinking it would be good for baby to place on mommy's chest. Seems like i have to ask my gynae when closer to the EDD.

Btw, what do mommies wear when delivering? Hospital gown? Or own button down shirt? Depending on hospital? Any idea?

missA

hi girls! thanks for the concern regarding my consti issue. things got slightly better after I religiously take my stool softener. but hope it will be permanently fine after I finish my course of medication!

cant wait to see baby again. gotta wait for another 2 weeks before my next appt and 3 weeks to detailed scan.

btw have you all found a confinement lady yet? heard alot of them are fully booked already. better be kiasu than too late haha.

how are you ladies feeling in 2nd tri? i am still feeling the anxiety thou they say 2nd tri is more stable. but everytime when i here pain there pain i can't help feeling paranoid. :/

our thread abit slow moving . haha i see the feb or jan 2014 thread move faster than ours thou we will deliver earlier. maybe most of the mummies are tired like me, everytime i reach home from work i just wanna lie down and sleep. zzzzzzzzzzz

LilMissy

LOL!!! missA, u actually followed the other threads as well?

Talking abt bowel matters, i have been able to BO quite regularly nowadays. so happy. :D

nope, i haven source out for confinement lady. prolly will let my mum handle it. haha! :p

missA

Lilmissy haha no la bcoz I'm using the mobile version of this forum app ba. When starting the app they will display the more popular thread so happen to see the Jan 2014 thread moving very quickly :p

missA: glad that ur constipation issue is improving! i think a little pain here or there sho b fine, as long as not very painful and not constant.. try to relax yourself.. watch more cartoons and running man to relax? hee.. I sort of cfm my confinement lady.. but she can't confirm whether she can stay thru 1 month coz will depends on when bb decide to come out.. confinement period are near to CNY liao.. so she wan to go back home earlier to prepare for CNY.. =/

Popori51: yah according to research, it is suppose to be very good for bonding and for the bb and mother (esp if planning breastfeeding).. i only know abt this from the KKH Forum.. can read more about it here: The Magical Hour
i guess we should all be in hospital gowns ba..? hmm.. whr r u planning to deliver?

Ah I see what you mean! Have been lazy in preparing for birth (exercise, mind prep, etc) as it feels like with a C-sect the doctors have done the work for you!
Are you conducting workshops in Singapore by any chance?
Yes, I am conducting HypnoBirthing Childbirth Classes, Infant Massage for Parent and also Doula Services. I wish all babies come into this world calm and joyful without birth injuries and birth trauma. Parents will always do what is best for their child if they know what babies want. Do you agree?

missA

chocoholic: sometimes very cham one. pain also worry, no pain also worry. wish can see the baby everyday leh. cant wait to pop already! lol my mum wanted me to book the CL for 2 months but mine also cannot confirm if she can complete the 1st month fully. think i can trust her to find someone reliable for me if she can't complete 1 full month... maybe can try agent and see how much they charge?

lilmissy: r u using andriod phone ma? mine is and the app is call MummySG. i tried on iphone but can't download the app :/

Hey MissA, I'm also thinking of confirming the CL for 2 months but she need to go back 1 week earlier for CNY so now I'm not sure if it's good idea to engage another CL after CNY.
I believe in first 100 days confinement actually.

Yet another of our satisfied and happy mummy who completed her confinement with us! Our mummies came to us in pain after delivery but always leave with a healthy, satisfied and blissful state of mind. Though our work is tough and tedious, the recognition and appreciation from our clients made it all worthwhile. Once again, a big thank you to our clients for your understanding and support!

https://www.facebook.com/aixin.mummies
View attachment 107630