Edd, Feb 2011.

Gem2505

wow, her one yr old birthday can easily come up to $1500 to $2K?
we are also thinking if we want to have a birthday party to this scale, she won't know what's happening, only the photos taken can be shown to her when she is older.
mmm.....
hmm. true. but if wanna celebrate, think this is the min le. unless venue changed to some FOC places, which i can save another $500. else, dunno how leh.

Jheyyy

haha. i only let my inlaws see my girl once a week, a few hours only. sometimes is just over a dinner thats all.
i dunno why. i dont have any "hatred" towards in laws, but i just dont want them to spend alot of time with my girl.
i felt so bad. usually they get info about my girl from my ah lao only.

now that my hubby going overseas for 3 weeks, i dont think i will have the time and effort to bring her to them when my ah lao put his car at his parents place for 3 weeks. no transport, dont need see baby. too bad.
unless they wanna come till my mum place to see baby. i will bring baby out. HAHAHAHA!
i felt bad, but... really.. too bad lorz.
Sigh, it's my aunt & grandparents.
I don't have in-laws, unlike you all.
Both passed away before we were even married.
How i wish they're still alive :(

Jheyyy

Oh no, that sounds terrible. My mom also say bad things abt me to my baby.(yes, my OWN mom) I always told her straightaway that she shouldn't do that. I am THE mother afterall. But sometimes she will forget and say things like,"your mother very strange, u still so small let u watch educational dvd" or "your mother stupid, don't know what u wan." Sigh....
Yeah, cos they think that it's okay.
But babies understand what you're talking although they don't respond.
Then in future, they'll learn.

Jheyyy

BTW, just a little update.
My girl has 2 bottom teeth too ! Super cute !
She's been biting & biting away.
My girl has successfully sleep through the night without milk feeds.
In the morning, when she wakes up, she'll not cry for milk too until she sees that i'm awake then she'll make noise asking for milk.
So it's like, if her previous feed was 9pm ytd, she'll sleep all the way till about 9am.
Then she'll wake up to play on her own.
When i'm awake at around 10am or 11am, then she'll whine for milk.
V easy to take care !

Gem2505

Sigh, it's my aunt & grandparents.
I don't have in-laws, unlike you all.
Both passed away before we were even married.
How i wish they're still alive :(
u see me good, i see u good.
many people out there wouldnt want any inlaws at all.
like my sis in law, i think she hates my inlaws to the core.
somehow, her failed marriage with my bro in law, main cause was becoz of my inlaws ( she claimed ).
so, if dont have their existence, she n my bro in law wouldnt have divorce? ( not too sure thou ).

"jia jia you ben nan nian de jin"

Gem2505

In the morning, when she wakes up, she'll not cry for milk too until she sees that i'm awake then she'll make noise asking for milk.
So it's like, if her previous feed was 9pm ytd, she'll sleep all the way till about 9am.
V easy to take care !
oh.. thats so nice.. everyday im searching for the white bit but still hasnt appear..

my girl been having fever since last week. up n down till now. went to see doc again today morning. doc say she's fine wor. just take med only. so i hope its because of her teething thats why she's having this persistant fever.

went to buy a new thermometer, cost me $50 ( promo ), usual $138. can use as ear or infrared type. the previous one seems to have a wide range of diff even if i take the temp just a few secs later.

also bought the water seat pad. like those we put under our butt when seated down. usually those taxi drivers will use. that one is quite cooling which my cousin say its quite good for bringing temp down for bb coz she uses that on my nephew. gonna try it tonight when im home. haiz. hope she get well soon. so xin ku to see baby sick. i rather the one sick is me...

jgt78

oh.. thats so nice.. everyday im searching for the white bit but still hasnt appear..

my girl been having fever since last week. up n down till now. went to see doc again today morning. doc say she's fine wor. just take med only. so i hope its because of her teething thats why she's having this persistant fever.

went to buy a new thermometer, cost me $50 ( promo ), usual $138. can use as ear or infrared type. the previous one seems to have a wide range of diff even if i take the temp just a few secs later.

also bought the water seat pad. like those we put under our butt when seated down. usually those taxi drivers will use. that one is quite cooling which my cousin say its quite good for bringing temp down for bb coz she uses that on my nephew. gonna try it tonight when im home. haiz. hope she get well soon. so xin ku to see baby sick. i rather the one sick is me...
You can also try those cooling sticker, stick on baby's forehead? hope fever goes away quickly!
My baby totally no sign of teeth. He is just very excited that he can finally sit up on his own. Keeps practising. First thing in the morning, in the middle the night... I tell him to tell him to relax a bit but no effect :)

jgt78

V easy to take care !
Your girl sounds so considerate :) Maybe she knows how hard you work for her. Hope you can ignore the mean comments from your relatives and just enjoy your little girl.

Gem2505

You can also try those cooling sticker, stick on baby's forehead? hope fever goes away quickly!
My baby totally no sign of teeth. He is just very excited that he can finally sit up on his own. Keeps practising. First thing in the morning, in the middle the night... I tell him to tell him to relax a bit but no effect :)
oh ya, i bought that and paste on her forehead. it works. but once taken out, fever will slowly come back..
n that cooling gel cannot put too long. so middle of the night have to take out. n my girl loves to flip on her tummy to slp. then the cooling pad will come out after afew rub on her head while she change her head facing position.. so use 2 together tonight n bring her fever down.

u think shd let her slp in air con ?

eowyn

Eoywn,
Baby sick cannot go vaccination.. E last time, my bb gt sore eyes n cant go for vaccine
We called the clinic and asked whether can bring bb down for vaccination given that he hasn't recover from his cough, they told us to bring down to let pd assess. In the end, the pd decided that his lungs are fine and so gave him the vaccination. He seems fine so far lah...

jgt78

oh ya, i bought that and paste on her forehead. it works. but once taken out, fever will slowly come back..
n that cooling gel cannot put too long. so middle of the night have to take out. n my girl loves to flip on her tummy to slp. then the cooling pad will come out after afew rub on her head while she change her head facing position.. so use 2 together tonight n bring her fever down.

u think shd let her slp in air con ?
Is she coughing? If not, maybe can switch onto 24 degrees to cool room a bit? ? My doctor told me to sponge bath when my boy had fever just to make sure temp does not go too high. Room temp water and sponge under arms and neck and face.

eowyn

wao. 2 weeks once? they wont miss your baby? Coz my hubby always make it a point to bring bb to his parents every sunday. unless we have something MORE important then maybe will skip that and let them see baby on another day, maybe sat night or what. a few hours or over a dinner also ok.

since my hubby going overseas for 3 weeks ( which i was really pissed over this overseas trip ), im gonna make things MY WAY! ha. too bad for them. coz i call the shot. either i refuse to pick up phone ( gei gei miss call ), or arrange alot of programme and bring bb out every weekend! OOps. bad me!
They have got lots of other grandchildren which they seldom have chance to see so their expectations not high. Actually quite sad when u think abt it. i think i should pay them a visit.... but that has to wait until we all fully recover. (me, hubby, baby and my mom all sick now)

Your hubby going overseas for 3 weeks, then u will have to take care of bb all alone.... that will be quite stressful.

eowyn

Hi mummies
Any good deal for first birthday celebrations? I'm starting to plan my budget

Jen
Things haven't finalised yet but I was thinking of booking a function room coz not much space at home. Perhaps in a CC nearby my hse.... then programme wise, might engage a magician to liven up things! Still sourcing for the magician though. I have big dreams for my little darling first birthday, but might not all come true.....

eowyn

Yeah, cos they think that it's okay.
But babies understand what you're talking although they don't respond.
Then in future, they'll learn.
I agree! Then they will think that its fine to scold their own mom coz grandma does it all the time. Sigh...

nutela

my hubby goin for a work trip for 3 mths....all alone handling my active little baby...think i b too tired n very tired...wkdays wrk n wkends with baby...but its all e little sacrifices a mummy make...

jheyy, ur baby so goooodddd girl......so nice...hw i wish my baby will stop whining in the middle of the nite for a milk n juz continue slp till tmr morning...he slp at 7.30pm every nite n wakes at 6.30am every mrning without fail!...very early risers n we mummy daddy b tired coz cant slp in any longer mah...

eowyn

V easy to take care !
Wah~ your gal so sweet, my boy is like a little tiger. When he wakes up, he must make sure that the whole hse wake up with him. Btw, does your gal has teething pain?

eowyn

I asked my pd and she said that bb won't have fever during teething. I don't quite believe her though coz she can't explain why my boy has fever that goes up and down.

eowyn

my hubby goin for a work trip for 3 mths....all alone handling my active little baby...think i b too tired n very tired...wkdays wrk n wkends with baby...but its all e little sacrifices a mummy make...

jheyy, ur baby so goooodddd girl......so nice...hw i wish my baby will stop whining in the middle of the nite for a milk n juz continue slp till tmr morning...he slp at 7.30pm every nite n wakes at 6.30am every mrning without fail!...very early risers n we mummy daddy b tired coz cant slp in any longer mah...
Nutela, your bb is still better-behaved as compared to mine. He refuses to sleep before 11pm every night and he woke up at 7pm every morning.

V easy to take care !
wow! show us her pic plsss!!!
I think your gal from the beginning has been very kuai and easy to take care hor? so envy, mine sleeps around 8ish and wakes up sometime in the night, but recently we can pat her to sleep, she will wake up at 5am, she will make some noise to poo (yes, poo, such weird timing) and drink milk, then we will try to make her sleep for another hr before we get her ready for school.

so cute your boy! yes i agree, when our baby discover they could do something new, they will keep doing it, e.g. flipping onto tummy, sitting up. now my gal will try to stand up by holding onto the railings of the cot, we will clap hands and encourage her, she will smile as if she has done something proud.

She is drooling a lot more recently, i hope she is teething soon.....