Edd, Feb 2011.

Gem2505

thanks gem for answering my questions....
my confinement lady waited til baby cries and even then, she say let him cry for a while and not spoil him by immediately carrying/feeding him...and also he becomes more awake to eat.... my heart very pain.... but i know she is very experienced... so this month i let her handle in her way.... just that i dunno how i should handle when im alone...
if try the 3-hourly method... another concern is will it be harder to prevent her from sleeping while feeding?
i think most of the time during feeding, she's asleep.. i just put the milk bottle in, she will auto suck. confirm will suck till she fall aslp, so just touch the cheek, touch her ear, ask her wake up n suck lor. tap the bottle, remind her to suck.
everyone have different method. see which one u more comfortable with, den u do.

Gem2505

thanks gem for the advice... will trial and error after confinement... cheers
u're welcome. slowly u will get things on ur hand. i was like a blind mice hitting around at first too. but my mum helped me out coz i moved to her place for confinement.. then aft that i had to do reno for my new place, so i left bb with my mum while i run around for my new place. =D 2-3months later, u will become pro already. hehe!

Gem2505

Hi mums,

my girl went for her KK appt on Wed noon. she was ONLY 6.5kg! superrrrrrrrrr MINI. she has dropped from 25% to 3-10% now. her height wise, is 66cm. is she short? - abt 25% i think. head circumference also about 25%.

doc say she must eat porridge with meat all that liao coz shd have started in 6mths. but that time, she was not ready at all. only recently then she started taking cereal and puree. he say, at age 1, bb should have TRIED all the food. he also add on that bb can take cheese and butter already. anyone tried that?

still no sign of teeth yet........ only can see white white inside her gum rather than the tip of her gum.

other than that, i think she's active, respond to whatever we want her to do. she crawls like a soldier type, refuse to crawl on her knees still.. she will look at wherever we point to. drinks an avg of 1100ml of milk each day, 2 meals of cereal ( 9am , 8pm ), about 6 scoops or half bowl. is this too little?

nutela

Hi gem,

my baby is also small for a baby boy, lose wt stil when he got stomach flu, lose out 0.4kg.
he haven ate porrridge yet , try before n he vomit, so he only eat cereal n puree, fruits n vege purees only. he only drink bout 120ml of milk 3hrly. sometimes gv oso dun want, struggling to feed him. eat in the morning and afternoon , 8am and 5pm.
in between if he saw us eating, he will munch2 his mouth, so i give him organic snacks puff for him to munch on.
i am also trying to get him to beef up more, coz he small n skinny ...no more chubby cheeks liao .....
sometimes i think my baby is skinny coz he too active, seldom slp in the say coz always wan to play around n crawl around the hse.

Gem2505

Hi gem,

my baby is also small for a baby boy, lose wt stil when he got stomach flu, lose out 0.4kg.
he haven ate porrridge yet , try before n he vomit, so he only eat cereal n puree, fruits n vege purees only. he only drink bout 120ml of milk 3hrly. sometimes gv oso dun want, struggling to feed him. eat in the morning and afternoon , 8am and 5pm.
in between if he saw us eating, he will munch2 his mouth, so i give him organic snacks puff for him to munch on.
i am also trying to get him to beef up more, coz he small n skinny ...no more chubby cheeks liao .....
sometimes i think my baby is skinny coz he too active, seldom slp in the say coz always wan to play around n crawl around the hse.
what about his weight and height? how many %?
doc say 6mths should try out porridge already. he say i lagging behind.
my girl appetite good now. can take 200ml n still asking for more. i didnt give. scared she later bloated. so i just give pacifier and she ok with it.
she see me eat, she also want. so i make cereal each time she feels like eating..

nutela

hi mummies,

wah...so long nobody msg or comment anything???? so quiet...

any mummies , babies here drink nan ha 2 or mamil gold 2. i got 2 open small tin, willing to let go at $6 each. try on my baby but he stil dun like. dun noe wat he likes, he juz prefer water than milk. i have to resort putting his milk powder in everythin he eats, his cereal, his porridge...imagine porridge with milk powder???? haiz...desperate mummy

what about his weight and height? how many %?
doc say 6mths should try out porridge already. he say i lagging behind.
my girl appetite good now. can take 200ml n still asking for more. i didnt give. scared she later bloated. so i just give pacifier and she ok with it.
she see me eat, she also want. so i make cereal each time she feels like eating..
Hi Gem,
Has been a while since I logged in to this forum.
My boy is about the same age as your girl. He is in the 50 percentile for weight and head circumference and 75% for height. Takes 2 meals of porridge or sometimes baby pasta and 5 times of milk ave 200ml each feed. The night feed is usually more coz I add cereal in the milk. He also take snacks like baby biscuits, fruits like honeydew, avocado and prunes..

You can try and give porridge to you girl, start simple with pumpkin and fish and a piece of lean meat or chicken to flavor the porridge. Or carrots, potatoes etc.. Gradually, can add other nutritious food like broccoli, sweet potato..it takes time but I am sure your girl will catch up very soon.

Jheyyy

Hi mummies, my 9 month old girl is gaining weight super slow too. She was 7.2kg at 6mo. Now she's 7.7kg. Dropped from 50 percentile to 10 percentile. She's about 73cm.

Any mummies having 2nd pregnancy yet ?

My menses is like 5 days late & based on 'My days' app on Android, which I just downloaded ytd shows that my hubby & I did it on my high fertility day previously. Haven't test yet but have no feeling that my menses is coming anytime soon, just feel like pee-ing all the time. Lol.

Gem2505

Hi Gem,
Has been a while since I logged in to this forum.
My boy is about the same age as your girl. He is in the 50 percentile for weight and head circumference and 75% for height. Takes 2 meals of porridge or sometimes baby pasta and 5 times of milk ave 200ml each feed. The night feed is usually more coz I add cereal in the milk. He also take snacks like baby biscuits, fruits like honeydew, avocado and prunes..

You can try and give porridge to you girl, start simple with pumpkin and fish and a piece of lean meat or chicken to flavor the porridge. Or carrots, potatoes etc.. Gradually, can add other nutritious food like broccoli, sweet potato..it takes time but I am sure your girl will catch up very soon.
she will take milk in the morning. den cereal for late morning. Lunch will be 1 bowl of porridge ( sch prepares it ), den milk ard 3pm and 6pm. 8+pm i will give cereal. 10+ give milk den she slp till nx day morning.
think her intake ok, but just the gaining weight part is slow or rather, VERY little.

Gem2505

Hi mummies, my 9 month old girl is gaining weight super slow too. She was 7.2kg at 6mo. Now she's 7.7kg. Dropped from 50 percentile to 10 percentile. She's about 73cm.

Any mummies having 2nd pregnancy yet ?

My menses is like 5 days late & based on 'My days' app on Android, which I just downloaded ytd shows that my hubby & I did it on my high fertility day previously. Haven't test yet but have no feeling that my menses is coming anytime soon, just feel like pee-ing all the time. Lol.
my girl is only 6.6kg last week and height was 67cm. lagi smaller than yours. nah, its ok. as long as healthy and eat well, play well, slp well. weight n height nvm one. girl, petite ok bah. overweight den jialat. ha.

i didnt plan for #2, so all the while, on preventive. =D

oh oh.... better test asap. wanna hear your good news soon~~~~~~~~ HAHAHAHA!

nutela

ooohhh...good news....
tat time i was also late for a few days for my menses...but check n found to b negative n menses came a few days after tat...

abit like scared too tat time coz unexpectedly...but then a relief too after tat...heheeh

Jheyyy

I'm planning not to test. Maybe wait for 1-2 more weeks. By then if still never come then 90% have already...

eowyn

Dear mummies, haven't log in for the longest time. Had been busy with work and of coz, my overactive bb. He doesn't have any quiet moment. Crawl everywhere on fours, like a puppy. Demand to be carried every 5 mins, try to destroy everything on sight. Are all babies so busy? He is always searching for things to explore.

Now still thinking of the birthday celebration thingy and still haven't reach any conclusion as to the venue, caterer and cake. Sigh.....

Realised that my bb a bit antisocial. Coz in my blk's void deck, a lot of china grandparents will gather together every morning with their grandchildren (almost all are babies). Sometimes wil stop and talk to them. Their babies will actually try to hug my bb, but my bb scared and will cry for me to carry. Pple told me that must let him interact more with other kids. But where to find? Mine is first child and first grandson.

Gem2505

Dear mummies, haven't log in for the longest time. Had been busy with work and of coz, my overactive bb. He doesn't have any quiet moment. Crawl everywhere on fours, like a puppy. Demand to be carried every 5 mins, try to destroy everything on sight. Are all babies so busy? He is always searching for things to explore.

Now still thinking of the birthday celebration thingy and still haven't reach any conclusion as to the venue, caterer and cake. Sigh.....

Realised that my bb a bit antisocial. Coz in my blk's void deck, a lot of china grandparents will gather together every morning with their grandchildren (almost all are babies). Sometimes wil stop and talk to them. Their babies will actually try to hug my bb, but my bb scared and will cry for me to carry. Pple told me that must let him interact more with other kids. But where to find? Mine is first child and first grandson.
ha. my girl also active lor. crawl till i bth. put her in the playpen. den she ownself entertain herself but she dont allow me to go out of the room. must stay within her sight. -_-" she stand and walk around inside ( with the support of the side railings ). once i put her on my bed, she will crawl and stand up at my headboard, grap whatever controllers there. tired lor. like keep chasing her. kids everything also wanna know like that. whatever go pass her, she must see. sometimes stare v long.

oh. i've booked my girl's bday venue and cake. Her bday celebration will be 6days in advance of her actual day coz actual day is a Friday. so push to the previous sat, which is 28 Jan ( 6th day of CNY ). horrible. ALOT CAKE shops/home bakers are closed! i searched high n low to get a cake. Didnt want to go for those emicake, begawan, prima deli type. my first choice was Oven Creation. but baker close for 2 weeks during CNY. 2nd choice was Pine Garden, also closed during CNY for 1 week. SAD lor. panic. end up, found another baker whom resume on 28 Jan for baking and i booked immediately and paid deposit ( without the design of the cake coz i cant make up my mind what design to do ). phew~ at least the 2 most impt thing done. decorations wise, so far, i think the best was kids dream party. pricing so far, one of the cheapest. buffet wise, will be ordering with Mei Hao 99. that one havent confirm coz like still abit early. havent estimate the no. of guests. think about 100pax? faint. big hole in pocket.

did u always bring ur bb out? does he allow anyone that he sees for the first time to carry? bring him out more often and make friends, mingle with more family members and friends. what about friend's child? my friends and cousin will always organise to have a kids outing, 4 mums bring 5 girls out. super happening. my girl goes to the infant care since 7mths old. she has been a very social with people ( even strangers she sees for the first time ). she allow anyone to carry and play with her. not v sticky to me. lucky. else, i will be very tiring.. when i have something on, just pass to my mum or mil, cousin all that. she ok. wont look for me. -_-"

My gal has been in the infant care since 4-5mths, but recently she starts to behave shy shy in front of strangers, but she is ok at the infant care. I guess when facing familiar people like her teachers and friends at school, she is fine, but when comes to strangers saying hello to her, she will lay on our chest and appear shy and would not let them carry. She will still play with them when all sit down together but will not let them carry.

My gal has been sick every month since we put her in the child care, hopefully she will build up her immunity. Wonder any food to help her with that? Last weekend, I cooked cod fish and steamed broccoli for her. Bought organic brown rice, will let her take every weekend.

Gem2505

My gal has been in the infant care since 4-5mths, but recently she starts to behave shy shy in front of strangers, but she is ok at the infant care. I guess when facing familiar people like her teachers and friends at school, she is fine, but when comes to strangers saying hello to her, she will lay on our chest and appear shy and would not let them carry. She will still play with them when all sit down together but will not let them carry.

My gal has been sick every month since we put her in the child care, hopefully she will build up her immunity. Wonder any food to help her with that? Last weekend, I cooked cod fish and steamed broccoli for her. Bought organic brown rice, will let her take every weekend.
my girl also sick since she started school. most of the time she's sick than she's well.. but not v serious. phlegm and cough. but not v bad kind. just not totally well. am thinking whether to let her skip sch 2-3 days nx week coz nx fri going genting.. scared she fall sick there, den v jialat man.

so far, nv give her any supplements coz she got fear having weird taste "liquid". medicine all that, she will cry abit. den will refuse milk. so i try not to give her medicine so she will drink milk well.. haiz.

Jheyyy

haha.. we shall wait for your good news. =D oh, so excited for you. if i were you, i sure go test asap. im those impatient type. ha.
Haha, it's 6 days late today. Still no feeling that it's coming soon. Feel like testing, but on the other hand, I don't want to test either cos I don't know if I hope to see positive or negative. Lol ~
Old people says that if preggy liao, our baby will keep sticking to us ? How true is it ? Cos for the past 3 days my girl super sticky. Wants me to carry all the time. Once I put her down, she'll cry till her face v red. Then I picked her up again, she quiet down immediately. When people carry her also, she'll keep looking for me & sometimes crawl & stand then lean herself against me asking me to carry her.

my girl also sick since she started school. most of the time she's sick than she's well.. but not v serious. phlegm and cough. but not v bad kind. just not totally well. am thinking whether to let her skip sch 2-3 days nx week coz nx fri going genting.. scared she fall sick there, den v jialat man.

so far, nv give her any supplements coz she got fear having weird taste "liquid". medicine all that, she will cry abit. den will refuse milk. so i try not to give her medicine so she will drink milk well.. haiz.
same here, only the first time very sick, the rest were not serious too, not sure if we now know how to handle or give her medication in time to prevent it from worsening. We bought a nebulizer machine (omron), so we just buy the medication from the doc and use at home when necessary. the last time she will vomitting, then diarrhea then bad diaper rash, cried whenever we change diaper, so poor thing. now whenever we saw any tiny bit of redness, we immediately put the original desitin cream (purple type), so now it's ok.

now my gal can drink 180ml at times, otherwise she drinks 150ml every 3-4 hrs if no cereal or porridge