EDD Feb 2012

Shiawase

Oh? How to see if the tummy is lowered? I have no feel at all.. My EDD is 10 days after yours.

Hmm... dont worry, gal. just get everything prepared and pack your bag. You will be fine. I only worry that the water bag burst while i am at work, the rest I have not thought so much. But just wondering how would the feeling like during contraction.
I think just physically u can tell that it's not that high up?

I have not packed my bag at all... I'm planning to work till the last working day before cny... How abt u? Contraction is probably 1000x the regular menses cramps? That's what my friend said...

Shiawase

that is called lightening? hmm.. will try to monitor the shape of my tummy now that you mention it. carrying my 2.5kg baby now is no small feat! quite heavy to walk around now.. and i must agree with Shiawase, there is a little pain sometimes and I tend to go to toilet more often. I guess the baby is getting bigger and bigger and pressing onto our organs..

by the way ladies, i am going for csec on 25 Jan (3rd day of CNY) cos doc says cannot be later than 26 Jan.
I have joined the Jan thread! good luck to all mummies - D Day is arriving sooner than you know!!!!

anyone started the coconut drink yet?
I want to drink but not sure when to start drinking...

Athes

Hmm.. Physically ar?! Hmm... I really can't see the diff, or maybe mine is not lowered yet. But mine is always changing shape and size even until now. But my gynae told me the BB's head is facing down. Does it means by now the BB will not rotate anymore?

Contraction is 1000x worse then menstrual pain then... >____<". My norm period is killing me le....

Btw, I din buy anything for myself yet, let alone packing the bag. But since ur gynae has given u a date, u hv to get ready. But why u need to go for C-section? Hmm.. If is C-section, then no need to drink coconut juice, rite? Coz coconut juice is to help smooth delivery.

I think just physically u can tell that it's not that high up?

I have not packed my bag at all... I'm planning to work till the last working day before cny... How abt u? Contraction is probably 1000x the regular menses cramps? That's what my friend said...

ast0212

I found period pain a lot more painful than contractions! Contractions were just intense but period pain...argh I'm so glad I haven't had period pain since my first baby was born. My mum says it's because of confinement but I don't know.

I think you can start drinking coconut about a month before you're due? I can't remember...

Shiawase

I found period pain a lot more painful than contractions! Contractions were just intense but period pain...argh I'm so glad I haven't had period pain since my first baby was born. My mum says it's because of confinement but I don't know.

I think you can start drinking coconut about a month before you're due? I can't remember...
Really? Hm.. seems like everyone's experience of labour is very different... :) lucky for you it did not hurt that much... i also hoped i can have an easy delivery...

As for the coconut drink, my colleague said she only started drinking one or two weeks before EDD... maybe i should just ask around more and estimate the timing to drink... haha

Just started packing my emergency bag... *finally* anyone delivering in Mt Alvernia? My gynae helped me booked already... I saw that in the letter from Mt Alvernia, they said to bring personal toiletries and slippers... wondering if it is necessary... my gynae's list even has towel listed on it... confused... :s dun wanna end up packing too many things to go there...

anyone booking postnatal massage? how long in advance do we have to book? I was deciding between origins jamu and babiesbellies... my friend gave me her freelance massager contact as well... so headache which one to choose...

as the date draws nearer, kinda becoming more and more worried... feeling super unprepared... :s

Athes

Hi! I will be giving birth at Mount Alvernia too. I hv asked my gynae's clinic to book for me. So the hospital will send u the letter?

Hmm... I m having this list from my fren, she gave birth from Mt A also.

Things to bring for mummy,
- sanitary pads
- breast pads
- disposable panties
- nursing bra
- one set of clothes to wear for going home
- wet tissue & tissue
- tooth paste & tooth brush
- comb / hair band/ hair clip
- body powder (for those who dun intend to shower)
- powder shampoo (for those who dun intend to shower)
- two sets of pyjamas
- sweater
- slipper
- socks
- CD player / magazines (optional)

Things to bring for BB,
- receiving blanket
- mitten & booties
- clothes for going home
- handkerchieves
- disposable diapers (optional as hospital will give a pack)

The above only for ur reference. I not sure if it's complete..

Happy packing...!

Really? Hm.. seems like everyone's experience of labour is very different... :) lucky for you it did not hurt that much... i also hoped i can have an easy delivery...

As for the coconut drink, my colleague said she only started drinking one or two weeks before EDD... maybe i should just ask around more and estimate the timing to drink... haha

Just started packing my emergency bag... *finally* anyone delivering in Mt Alvernia? My gynae helped me booked already... I saw that in the letter from Mt Alvernia, they said to bring personal toiletries and slippers... wondering if it is necessary... my gynae's list even has towel listed on it... confused... :s dun wanna end up packing too many things to go there...

anyone booking postnatal massage? how long in advance do we have to book? I was deciding between origins jamu and babiesbellies... my friend gave me her freelance massager contact as well... so headache which one to choose...

as the date draws nearer, kinda becoming more and more worried... feeling super unprepared... :s

chjean

Hi Chjean,

U r fast..! My BB is only 2kg as of last Tuesday scan. So how many days in advance are u now? Cannot wait till 26th means u hv to give birth latest by then?
initial EDD was 6 feb, so doc says latest delivery as of now is 26th jan, about 11 days ahead of schedule..
i think i need to bump up my weight now as i'm only 56 kg now, gained only 8 kg during the pregnancy.. doc says i can go ahead eat anything i want! doc also wants to see me every week now that i'm so close to delivery.. so i'm seeing him again this sat. last week he said my bb is now facing downwards towards the birth canal but bb is facing out towards stomach instead of towards buttock. so, this position also cannot be natural birth too.

coconut drink - i intend to drink from 37-38weeks onwards. i'm not sure if the need to drink coconut juice is because of natural birth only? although i'm having c-sec, i still think drinking coconut juice once a week will help to clear up some of the substance that comes out during birth?

Athes

Oo.. I see, so is ur BB direction and also BB size. Mine was initially 8th Feb, but gynae said now is 14th Feb as estimated in the detailed scan.

So good that u r only 56kg.. Haha.. I m already 62kg, also gained about 8kg.. But BB is only 2kg, so the fats are on my body.

Hmm... I read from Internet, the coconut is to clear those toxic or unwanted substances, so should be suitable for both natural and C-section. I ll start on maybe next month also.

clap

Sorry mummies! I have been very busy (and enjoying pregnancy) the past 2 months, and seldom come online to check out the forums. Glad that everyone is doing well!

My next appointment is next year (a few more days to go). How time flies... we're all going to deliver soon!!!

charsiewsoh

Hi mummies,

I have previously booked a confinement lady by the name of Mei Lian who came very highly recommended to me by a friend. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, I will no longer need her services at my EDD in early Feb.

Due to my last minute cancellation, I'm helping her ask around for anyone due in late Jan/early Feb 2012 who will need a confinement lady urgently.

Please message me if you're keen to engage her services. I do not earn a commission for this, nor am I related to her in any way (in fact I lost my deposit with her). I just feel bad that I can't get her to do my confinement at such last minute. :embarrassed: Thanks!

Shiawase

Hi! I will be giving birth at Mount Alvernia too. I have asked my gynae's clinic to book for me. So the hospital will send you the letter?

Hmm... I m having this list from my friend, she gave birth from Mt A also.

Things to bring for mummy,
- sanitary pads
- breast pads
- disposable panties
- nursing bra
- one set of clothes to wear for going home
- wet tissue & tissue
- tooth paste & tooth brush
- comb / hair band/ hair clip
- body powder (for those who dont intend to shower)
- powder shampoo (for those who dont intend to shower)
- two sets of pyjamas
- sweater
- slipper
- socks
- CD player / magazines (optional)

Things to bring for baby,
- receiving blanket
- mitten & booties
- clothes for going home
- handkerchieves
- disposable diapers (optional as hospital will give a pack)

The above only for your reference. I not sure if it's complete..

Happy packing...!
Hi Athes,

Thanks for the list.. Finally I started packing my stuffs.. Heehee yes I got a letter fr mt alvernia along with pre-admission form, some brochures and information.. Nothing particularly special though.. Same as what I get from the hospital tour..

Happy new year to all mummies!!! :001_302: getting a little more excited now since its abt 5 weeks away from my edd.. Wondering if my baby will be good and come out on edd since I heard many mummies actually either give birth early or induced cuz baby late.. Anyway hope he will come out after reunion dinner..

Previous week I was experiencing some pain which really affects my walking but these few days it seemed to get better.. :) maybe baby stopped pressing on the part that causes the pain.. I'm so happy that I went shopping and walking around.. Heehee hopefully more walking will help in labour..

Athes

Hi Charsiewsoh,

I hope u r fine there... I dun need a confinement lady, but my Fren need one in May. Maybe u can give me her contact?

Thanks... Best wishes to u.

Athes

Hi Mummies,

Happy New Year to all of u... Juz wanna check if any of u having problem digesting the food recently? I always feel hungry, but most of the time after I eat, I juz feel that the food cannot be digested and keep staying in the throat and eventually I will vomit them out..

MayMom

want to sell : Electric cradle swing Sarong - Yao Lan

Very good condition - rarely used
Completed set with electric
Price : S$150
Reason to sell : Baby changed sleep pattern - latch on to sleep

Attachments

clap

Hi Mummies,

Happy New Year to all of u... Juz wanna check if any of u having problem digesting the food recently? I always feel hungry, but most of the time after I eat, I juz feel that the food cannot be digested and keep staying in the throat and eventually I will vomit them out..
Happy New Year! I don't have digestion problems so far... been eating too much in fact. 1kg per week :O

Probably yours is due to the baby pressing on the stomach. Did you try to spread out your meals and eat less at each meal?

Athes

Yup.. Sometimes din eat much, but still feeling the foods stucked at the throat.

Aiya.. Went for the gynae check yesterday and suddenly the gynae said my blood sugar level shot up and made me went to the GTT this morning.. Feeling upset that all bad things come together. Sigh.. Hope the GTT result is okie.

Shiawase

Girls, I had bloody show this morning den waterbag break.. already delivered my baby this afternoon!! Dragon baby suddenly become rabbit baby.. :)

ast0212

Hi Mummies,

I have that sometimes. It's reflux because now our stomach is all squashed up since baby takes up most of the space. I found drinking carbonated drinks to make me burp helped :p Don't need to take those soft drinks, just mix soda/carbonated water with lemon or cordial so you can control the sweetness.

When sleeping you can prop yourself up onto pillows so you're not lying flat and that helps too.

WOW Congratulations Shiawase!! How wonderful you finally meet your beautiful little one!! I hope you and baby are doing well!!

clap

Girls, I had bloody show this morning den waterbag break.. already delivered my baby this afternoon!! Dragon baby suddenly become rabbit baby.. :)
Congratulations Shiawase!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing the news with us so quick! :)

Do share with us your labour experience when you get the chance (you need rest now!!!) :)

Last edited:

Wani

Hi All,
My EDD is Feb 28th and gynae said may follow my 2nd so around a week earlier.
The indonesian masseure lady who i booked earlier is unable to make it due to her Mecca trip in early march. Now, i have to look for other post natal massages.
I am deciding between Origins jamu massage and Traditional & holistic Jamu massage.
Any reviews that you can share?