EDD Feb 2012

chjean

Hello, i just done the Oscar test today...... it was amazing...seeing ur bb waving legs and hands... so active... so cute.... hahahahahhaa.....now waiting for result to come out.... i am also 34 this year... @_@
Hi Muaji , we are the same age so same risk.. but we'll all be fine, don't worry. update us when the results are out, will ya? :)
it's always a joy to see your baby active! last sat, my hubby says he saw bb do a kind of boxing on the ultrasound at my gynae's! haha!
looking forward to the visit to my gynae's at the end of this month.. i'd love to see my weight increase (it was really slow during the 1st trimester), hopefully it will be in proportion to the baby growth wor!

PandC

Hi Jean, congrats! we've passed the oscar test!

Hi Muaji, dont't worry, everything will be fine. I have a friend (age 35) just gave birth to her first child, a very chubby and healthy baby boy, without doing oscar test.

Me too... so happy to see my weight increase everyday and am now prepare to show my tummy!

muaji

Thank you Jean and PandC.... :)

How many weeks are u both at now? i am coming to my 13th week.... but weight has gone down and still no appetite....will feel hungry but dun like eating... fav food now is soda biscuit and apple.....hate fish and meat especially... my mum is gg crazy... hahaha..... do you both experience this?

osaka

Hi,

I am 34 this year too. Will be having my Osar test on 16th August. Can i confirm that it only involves ultrascan & blood test only. Does they need a lot of our blood. Cos I am also having little appetite & vomit everyday. So i am feeling weak. Saw your bb waving !!! Meaning having the ultrasound you can see the featus waving !!! Cant imagine !!
Hear from ya soon. :)

chjean

Thank you Jean and PandC.... :)

How many weeks are u both at now? i am coming to my 13th week.... but weight has gone down and still no appetite....will feel hungry but dun like eating... fav food now is soda biscuit and apple.....hate fish and meat especially... my mum is gg crazy... hahaha..... do you both experience this?
muaji, i'm in my 13.5 weeks. my puking urge is taming itself (YAY!). the last i weighed, i gained 0.5kg instead of 0.2kg each time i visit my gynae. The doc says it is ok for no apetitite during 1st trimester and to gain little or no weight, coz when you approach 2nd trimester, you will surely start to gain weight - you have to already! coz your bb will be growing fast.

For me, i have no cravings, i'm just happy to be able to eat my normal bowl of rice, no additional please. but i found that i digest slower, so i am unable to eat too full during meals. i think my tastebuds have changed since becoming preggy - some foods which i used to like, nowadays leave a bad aftertaste in my mouth and i hate that. e.g. chee cheong fun, i used to love the sauce, but after finishing, the aftertaste is yucky, so i avoid it now.

i guess pregnancy changes you in some ways.. hopefully all goes back to normal next feb!

muaji

Hi Jean, I just got call from my clinic... My Oscar test is nt good... 1:38... I have to go back to do the 羊膜穿刺 by 31 aug... I am so sadz......
Muaji

muaji

Hi,

I am 34 this year too. Will be having my Osar test on 16th August. Can i confirm that it only involves ultrascan & blood test only. Does they need a lot of our blood. Cos I am also having little appetite & vomit everyday. So i am feeling weak. Saw your baby waving !!! Meaning having the ultrasound you can see the featus waving !!! Cant imagine !!
Hear from ya soon. :)
Hi, yes.. Oscar test only involves detailed ultrascan for ur BB, do blood test and urine test.... They took 4 tubes of blood from mi but not full tube... So not to worry.....

Yeah, they will wake ur BB up to the right posn in order to do take the measurement of their neck width.... And they will show u the BB too after they took the measurement.... Think ur hubby will have a better view.... Coz they only have one monitor.....

muaji

muaji

Muaji, dont't be sad. hope your baby and you will be fine. you may read this thread: http://www.doesnotwork.com/forumboard/messages/578191/662484.html

I'm 13.5 weeks... same EDD as Jean. my appetite change dramatically during my 1st trimester. but now slowly change back to normal... but i started to hate salty food. many people say 2nd trimester is the best so we should enjoy it!
Thanks PandC....... i cant open the url.... what issit about?

muaji~

chjean

Hi Jean, I just got call from my clinic... My Oscar test is nt good... 1:38... I have to go back to do the 羊膜穿刺 by 31 aug... I am so sadz......
Muaji
hey muaji, don't worry. i have a frend who is the same age as me and her tests were not great as well. She went for the amniotic fluid extraction test (like what you'll be doing). Guess what, that was her first kid, he's a healthy 4 year old now, and his brother is a healthy 13 months old!

Go with a happy mind, try not to worry from now to 31 aug. talk to your baby and tell him/her to be healthy and grow healthy.
i talk to my bb daily, not sure he/she can hear or not. i sayang my stomach and tell him/her this and that every day..

chjean

Muaji, dont't be sad. hope your baby and you will be fine. you may read this thread: http://www.doesnotwork.com/forumboard/messages/578191/662484.html

I'm 13.5 weeks... same EDD as Jean. my appetite change dramatically during my 1st trimester. but now slowly change back to normal... but i started to hate salty food. many people say 2nd trimester is the best so we should enjoy it!
PandC, same day ah! Have you decided where you would be delivering? i plan on Mount Alvernia, it's the same place i did my fibroid removal op in March this year. The environment is peaceful and nice. though the building is old, the equipments and rooms are adequate.

muaji

hey muaji, don't worry. i have a frend who is the same age as me and her tests were not great as well. She went for the amniotic fluid extraction test (like what you'll be doing). Guess what, that was her first kid, he's a healthy 4 year old now, and his brother is a healthy 13 months old!

Go with a happy mind, try not to worry from now to 31 aug. talk to your baby and tell him/her to be healthy and grow healthy.
i talk to my bb daily, not sure he/she can hear or not. i sayang my stomach and tell him/her this and that every day..
Thank you Jean....... really appreciate that.... ya... i need to be strong so my bb will be too.....and stay positive.... :)

Pray for me.... thank you again.....

muaji~

MoMoMum

Hihi all mummies,

I am 6 wks preggie, i found out last weekend and was thrill to nuts! I didn't expect to be lucky as both me and hubby was very busy and we only tried once for this month. I am seeing L N Sim from Thomson Medical, she is quite a nice lady after my 1st appt with her on Wed. I will be seeing her in 1 month's time, will be doing OSCAR as per advice by doc.... I am reading this thread silently for a while and now I wish to share my joy and happiness with all of you :p

PandC

hi Jean, i'll be at gleneagles. my hubby said Thomson MC got parking problem, Mt Alvernia a bit old, Mt E traffic jam, parkway east i not really like... sorry for the above comments because my hubby know i'm very fussy, impatient and indecisive so he has to come up all these excuses in order to make decision for me. I heard the midwives at Mt A are very good and encouraging. good choice!

chjean

hi Jean, i'll be at gleneagles. my hubby said Thomson MC got parking problem, Mt Alvernia a bit old, Mt E traffic jam, parkway east i not really like... sorry for the above comments because my hubby know i'm very fussy, impatient and indecisive so he has to come up all these excuses in order to make decision for me. I heard the midwives at Mt A are very good and encouraging. good choice!
haha.. what a considerate hubby! ok, let's update each other again on our 20-week detailed scan end of Sep!
i'm seeing my gynae end of the month. they say we can see gender by the 4th month, i will be asking my bb to see if he/she can be guai guai and show us his/her gender.. hehe..

chjean

Hihi all mummies,

I am 6 wks preggie, i found out last weekend and was thrill to nuts! I didn't expect to be lucky as both me and hubby was very busy and we only tried once for this month. I am seeing L N Sim from Thomson Medical, she is quite a nice lady after my 1st appt with her on Wed. I will be seeing her in 1 month's time, will be doing OSCAR as per advice by doc.... I am reading this thread silently for a while and now I wish to share my joy and happiness with all of you :p

hi Momomum! Congratulations! yes, dont't be too quiet, share the joy with us! :Dancing_wub::Dancing_tongue:

MoMoMum

Thank you chjean!!:win: I am very glad that I can find an avenue to share my thoughts and also to get advice from. I wish that more of the ladies will be able to share their experiences. This week, I am in my 7th week, things are very different from my last week's experience. This week, I don't feel like eating but i feel very hungry... what should i do.... if I try to eat, I will have a bloated tummy which is pretty painful too:embarrassed: I wonder if this is a normal sign?? I feel like vomitting but I try to divert my attention to something else when the feeling comes as I know i have to try to keep as much food down as possible as i do not eat a lot already:err::err: do any of you mummies have the same feelings as me ???

This is my 1st and everything that I've read do not seem to be very relevant to what I am going through now, I can't talk to hubby as he is very patang and he choose to keep quiet, he say he will talk to me after 1st trimester is over as he scared something happened before we keep talking about baby. I wanted to tell him that I am not talking about baby, I am talking about myself, what I am going through.... he don't seem to understand my agony and choose to ignore me when i really need his support :( sob sob

clap

Thank you chjean!!:win: I am very glad that I can find an avenue to share my thoughts and also to get advice from. I wish that more of the ladies will be able to share their experiences. This week, I am in my 7th week, things are very different from my last week's experience. This week, I don't feel like eating but i feel very hungry... what should i do.... if I try to eat, I will have a bloated tummy which is pretty painful too:embarrassed: I wonder if this is a normal sign?? I feel like vomitting but I try to divert my attention to something else when the feeling comes as I know i have to try to keep as much food down as possible as i do not eat a lot already:err::err: do any of you mummies have the same feelings as me ???

This is my 1st and everything that I've read do not seem to be very relevant to what I am going through now, I can't talk to hubby as he is very patang and he choose to keep quiet, he say he will talk to me after 1st trimester is over as he scared something happened before we keep talking about baby. I wanted to tell him that I am not talking about baby, I am talking about myself, what I am going through.... he don't seem to understand my agony and choose to ignore me when i really need his support :( sob sob
Hello MoMoMom,

I share that too! What I do is, I eat less at each meal and snack often. Try to divide your 3 meals into 6 smaller meals to help digestion.

The bloating is because your digestive system slows down to absorb the food more thoroughly for increased nutrition for your body and baby. It is part of pregnancy :) and very normal!!!

The bloating can be reduced when you watch what you eat: less oily food, less salt, less sugar, less processed food and other food that is "harder to digest" or takes longer to digest (by your common sense and experience you have so far).

If you are already watching your diet but still bloating, then you'll have to ride it out. It passed after a week or two for me. It was very uncomfortable, but you must still eat as usual to get the nutrition you need.

Just relax and enjoy your pregnancy!

MoMoMum

Thanks Clap,

I am still not used to taking 6 small meals, but now, I try to eat more during lunch and cut back during dinner, like smaller portion of rice or take only soupy stuff. In fact, bloating will start normally after dinner, that's why i am changing my diet:) I know I have to ride it through only it's quite a ride for me now....

I guess i will only enjoy my pregnancy when i am in 2nd Tri.... that's where eating is an enjoyment and not a torture like what I am going through now :(

Cheers and hope all mummies out there having the joy of pregnancy!