EDD Feb 2013

Hi rainbowting,
Mi and L0r3tTa r seeing the same gynae - Dr Chen Chern Yi at punggol.

Have u started to take ML to rest at home alrd? The day is approaching soon.
yeah, starts my ML from this wk! but coz of the heavy rain, I didn't walk a lot.... just sleep at home@@

Hi rainbowting,
Mi and L0r3tTa r seeing the same gynae - Dr Chen Chern Yi at punggol.

Have u started to take ML to rest at home alrd? The day is approaching soon.
i was trying to shift to dr chen when I wanna change gynae, then I found her clinic is so crowded...maybe too many mums at punggol area... haha

Starling

I have also started my ML tdy. Planning to take as much rest as possible too. Getting heavier each day n waiting for the signs. seems like baby is enjoying all the new yr goodies n gambling lol

Oh I think the clinic is crowded bcos there is another GP. so not all there r Dr Chen's patient. Longest waiting time was 30mins to an hr.

pinkk11

hi everyone!
Baby Chevelle decided to pop on V'day~ 13 days early!

My last visit to Dr Kang was last Friday n she didn't do any physical check on me.
My contractions started at 10plus.. called the clinic n they ask mi go straight to labour ward..

i headed to the labour ward at 12plus, after a shower n bfast.. The nurses there all very nice & friendly.. Put on ECG monitor contractions..
all else happen very fast after that I delivered by 230pm..

Apr gal

hi everyone!
Baby Chevelle decided to pop on V'day~ 13 days early!

My last visit to Dr Kang was last Friday n she didn't do any physical check on me.
My contractions started at 10plus.. called the clinic n they ask mi go straight to labour ward..

i headed to the labour ward at 12plus, after a shower n bfast.. The nurses there all very nice & friendly.. Put on ECG monitor contractions..
all else happen very fast after that I delivered by 230pm..
Congrats pinkk11!!! Another lucky one who delivers so smoothly...

I went to c gynae on tues, usually doc will fix next appt but somehow he din so I asked. His reply gave me d impression tat I will pop b4 d next week appt!!! Hopefully a smooth one.. Pray...

pinkk11

Congrats Pinkk11. Did you take any form of pain relieve?
Nope. I didn't take any epidural. Just use the gas mask. But I felt it wasn't of much use, only made my hands really numb.
it was painful but I guess I was already mentally prepared to go without the epidural, so it helped with the pain management.

i think lots of walking n moving about during the last few weeks has some help to speed up the delivery process too.

All the mum-to-bes, hope yr delivery will be as smooth-sailing as well. :)

Nope. I didn't take any epidural. Just use the gas mask. But I felt it wasn't of much use, only made my hands really numb.
it was painful but I guess I was already mentally prepared to go without the epidural, so it helped with the pain management.

i think lots of walking n moving about during the last few weeks has some help to speed up the delivery process too.

Congrats Pinkk11... you are so brave..... hmmm...... I thought I am always prepared to have epidural at very beginning... should I reconsider it? ah........

l0r3tTa

rainbowting:759502 said:

Congrats Pinkk11... you are so brave..... hmmm...... I thought I am always prepared to have epidural at very beginning... should I reconsider it? ah........
Hi Rainbowting,
Well,its worth reconsidering it..in my opinion, we go thru this just once or twice or thrice in our lifetime..depends how many babies u want to have of cos.
My say would be that u will be very satisfied and it is very worth your every single effort for every push you go thru with your baby for your baby to meet u.
Think about it.. (",)

I'm very sure you can do it and so can all the mummies..

NB Diapers to let go

Dear MTB,

I have some newborn diapers to let go.

GOO.N supreme diapers NB58.
- 1 pack unopened @ $15.
- 1 opened pack left with 45pcs @ $10.
Get both together at $20.

MERRIES diapers NB60.
- 3 packs available, 1 pack at $16 (+2pcs free).
Get 3 packs together at $45 (+8pcs free).

MAMY POKO NB52
- 1 pack available @ $14.

SELF COLLECTION ONLY at Jurong West St 64 (near Jurong point)

Interested parties please PM me for fast deal! :)

Last edited:

pinkk11

Congrats Pinkk11... you are so brave..... hmmm...... I thought I am always prepared to have epidural at very beginning... should I reconsider it? ........
i think it's a matter of personal choice.. of coz you will feel greater sense of achievement if you go without it. :)
I didn't want to take epidural coz I was afraid I can't really feel myself pushing and also the possible side effects like backaches n difficulty in urinating after delivery..

Starling

Hi all mummies

I've given birth. Was put to induce as baby getting overdue. So here's my birth story.

Inserted 1 pill on Sunday night and was only 1cm dilated. Pain level 0-1. Contraction still not strong enough.

Monday morn 9+, gynae came to burst water bag. Then once drip started, all the contractions began. Pain level 5-6 then increased to 7-8.

At 12pm only 2cm dilated despite all the pain. Used laughing gas but din help much to relief the pain, instead, felt so slpy.

Not sure how long more I can take the pain, mayb 10 more hrs, I decided to succumb to epidural. Which I think was worth it as it greatly reduces my pain n allows mi to dilate in just an hr. n the rest is to push the baby out.

Jia you to the rest of the mummies.

Hi all mummies

I've given birth. Was put to induce as baby getting overdue. So here's my birth story.

Inserted 1 pill on Sunday night and was only 1cm dilated. Pain level 0-1. Contraction still not strong enough.

Monday morn 9+, gynae came to burst water bag. Then once drip started, all the contractions began. Pain level 5-6 then increased to 7-8.

At 12pm only 2cm dilated despite all the pain. Used laughing gas but din help much to relief the pain, instead, felt so slpy.

Not sure how long more I can take the pain, mayb 10 more hrs, I decided to succumb to epidural. Which I think was worth it as it greatly reduces my pain n allows mi to dilate in just an hr. n the rest is to push the baby out.

Jia you to the rest of the mummies.
Congrats Starling.....what's baby's weight?
Mine is due this Fri, I didn't feel any contraction yet... not sure whether I will go induction as well... @@

Starling

Birth wt at 3.1kg. I din expect him to reach 3 kg. cos initially at wk 37 est wt is only 2.2kg. Quite small. Must b all the new yr goodies that I fed him b4 giving birth. Lol

Try not to induce. Cos u hv to start from only 1cm dilatation to 10cm. Hv to wait very long n painful if u dun take any pain relief.

Have u dilated yet?

Birth wt at 3.1kg. I did not expect him to reach 3 kg. cos initially at wk 37 est wt is only 2.2kg. Quite small. Must b all the new yr goodies that I fed him before giving birth. Lol

Try not to induce. Cos you have to start from only 1cm dilatation to 10cm. have to wait very long n painful if you dont take any pain relief.

Have you dilated yet?
i hope my baby won't be too big. his weight is about 3.25kg already last week.
i will go and see gynae tmr again (39w+5d)....
last time he didn't check whether I was dilated or not and he didn't do CTG (or CGT) for me....
he just told me bb is engaged but that doesn't mean when bb will come out

EXPECTING YOUR BABY AND IN NEED OF ADVICE FOR ANTENATAL CARE AND CONFINEMENT SERVICES?

Nestled amidst the quiet and serene nature in the north-eastern part of Singapore, Aixin Mummies is the only one-stop wellness and confinement center in Singapore to provide stay-in confinement services for mummies. Our nannies are specially selected and undergo intensive training to ensure that we provide our mummies and babies the best care during the confinement month.

We also provide antenatal classes for mummies; pre/post natal & aqua yoga; herbal bath and massages; guidance and massages for breast-feeding mummies after birth; slimming massages and tummy binding after birth etc.

http://www.facebook.com/aixin.mummies

Apr gal

i hope my baby won't be too big. his weight is about 3.25kg already last week.
i will go and see gynae tmr again (39w+5d)....
last time he didn't check whether I was dilated or not and he didn't do CTG (or CGT) for me....
he just told me bb is engaged but that doesn't mean when bb will come out
Hi rainbowling, I hv been waiting anxiously for bb arrival too since w35. I'm now w39. Keep on thinking when she will pop n wat symptom I will get. A little worried it will b overdue as its getting hard to turn around while sleeping. Doc told me bb head engaged at w38 but din check if I'm dilated. I will ask today.

Hi Starling, congrats!!! How long were u overdue?

Apr gal

Hi mummies, went for my checkup juz now. Doc says I nd to hv action plan next wk w40. He suggested induction or c sec. Cervix still not dilate but bb head d engaged. Any exp on induction? I'm scared it will b very painful n time consuming. Pls advise n share yr opinion. Tq!!!

kiiwii

Hi mummies, went for my checkup juz now. Doc says I nd to hv action plan next wk w40. He suggested induction or c sec. Cervix still not dilate but bb head d engaged. Any exp on induction? I'm scared it will b very painful n time consuming. Pls advise n share yr opinion. Tq!!!

i also planning induction next week....

Hihi Apr Gal,

I finished my checkup in the morning as well... 1 cm dilated. As I have gestational diabetes, my gynae doesn't want me to go overdue (otherwise baby might be too big). He arranged me to go induction tomorrow night........(coz the EDD based on my own calculation is Fri...)

Huh....my friend suggested me use epidural at very beginning.... I will see how it goes ....