EDD Feb 2013

Apr gal

Hihi Apr Gal,

I finished my checkup in the morning as well... 1 cm dilated. As I have gestational diabetes, my gynae doesn't want me to go overdue (otherwise baby might be too big). He arranged me to go induction tomorrow night........(coz the EDD based on my own calculation is Fri...)

Huh....my friend suggested me use epidural at very beginning.... I will see how it goes ....
hi rainbowling, wats ur current bb weight? So u will b gg for induction tmr? Very brave!!! Ya I read its better to hv epi so u can rest well if u r afraid of pain. Which hospital u delivering? My doc asked me to admit at 11.30pm but I got to no they will charge u add nite charges if u admit b4 12am. Wat time yr gynae ask u to admit? Not sure if all hospitals d same? After induce u will stay at yr room or observation ward?

kiiwii

My due date is next wed.......so thinkin if baby dont come out by tis week i will go for induction on mon or tues....cant wait already :D ....anyway will be goin for checkup tml

hi rainbowling, wats ur current bb weight? So u will b gg for induction tmr? Very brave!!! Ya I read its better to hv epi so u can rest well if u r afraid of pain. Which hospital u delivering? My doc asked me to admit at 11.30pm but I got to no they will charge u add nite charges if u admit b4 12am. Wat time yr gynae ask u to admit? Not sure if all hospitals d same? After induce u will stay at yr room or observation ward?
Hi Apr gal,

Doc didn't scan the baby's weight today.
Yah, if nothing happens tonight or tmr, I will go hospital tmr night at 11.30pm. I guess they will not charge that night bah? otherwise doc will advise you go at 12am right?
by the way, I will deliver at TMC...

Doc just did a simple check for me today and told me that it's 1cm dilated...however, after i came back home, there are quite a bit red/pink discharge I found .... But I still didn't fill any pain or contraction. So I called the clinic again, and was told that it's normal after the checkup....and I was asked to stay at home to see whether the red color discharge continued... then I laid down on bed the whole afternoon.... looks like the discharge stopped now...

Apr gal

Hi Apr gal,

Doc didn't scan the baby's weight today.
Yah, if nothing happens tonight or tmr, I will go hospital tmr night at 11.30pm. I guess they will not charge that night bah? otherwise doc will advise you go at 12am right?
by the way, I will deliver at TMC...

Doc just did a simple check for me today and told me that it's 1cm dilated...however, after i came back home, there are quite a bit red/pink discharge I found .... But I still didn't fill any pain or contraction. So I called the clinic again, and was told that it's normal after the checkup....and I was asked to stay at home to see whether the red color discharge continued... then I laid down on bed the whole afternoon.... looks like the discharge stopped now...
Ya I'm confused doc asked us to admit at 11.30 too. Who is yr doc? My relative juz told me last 2 weeks to beware of this as previously they were charged as admit b4 but near to 12. Once u done d admission it's consider as u admit so u might wan take note. Do update us ya

Apr gal

My due date is next wed.......so thinkin if baby dont come out by tis week i will go for induction on mon or tues....cant wait already :D ....anyway will be goin for checkup tml
Do update us on d good news!!! Everyone seems to delivered or delivering!!! :)

Starling

Hi ladies,

For me, I was also asked to admit at 11.30pm. But they told my hb to do the paper work aft 12am n i settle down in the labor ward. So maybe it will b considered next day charge. I have yet to get my bill yet.

And yes, if u all scare of pain, better to take epidural. Cos once ur muscles relax, u will tend to dilate faster. For my case, b4 epi only 2cm. Aft epi, within 1 hr, fully dilated.

also, they will tell u that the anesthetist is here, do u want to take? Otherwise if he leaves, u hv to wait for him to come back if u change ur mind.

Hi ladies,

For me, I was also asked to admit at 11.30pm. But they told my husband to do the paper work after 12am n i settle down in the labor ward. So maybe it will b considered next day charge. I have yet to get my bill yet.

And yes, if you all scare of pain, better to take epidural. Cos once your muscles relax, you will tend to dilate faster. For my case, before epi only 2cm. after epi, within 1 hr, fully dilated.

also, they will tell you that the anesthetist is here, do you want to take? Otherwise if he leaves, you have to wait for him to come back if you change your mind.
you mean the anesthetist is there during midnight?
u dilated so fast... what I heard is that, with epi, the process normally will be slowed down coz we cannot feel any pain...can u eat or drink anything after epi? I heard it's forbidden coz it might cause vomit....I hate vomit as well @@

Apr gal

Hi Starling, thanks for yr clarification. R u wif TMC as well? So long as paper work is done after 12am it's not consider as add charges. Tats wat I heard.do update us. When r u discharging?

Hi ladies,

For me, I was also asked to admit at 11.30pm. But they told my hb to do the paper work aft 12am n i settle down in the labor ward. So maybe it will b considered next day charge. I have yet to get my bill yet.

And yes, if u all scare of pain, better to take epidural. Cos once ur muscles relax, u will tend to dilate faster. For my case, b4 epi only 2cm. Aft epi, within 1 hr, fully dilated.

also, they will tell u that the anesthetist is here, do u want to take? Otherwise if he leaves, u hv to wait for him to come back if u change ur mind.

Starling

you mean the anesthetist is there during midnight?
u dilated so fast... what I heard is that, with epi, the process normally will be slowed down coz we cannot feel any pain...can u eat or drink anything after epi? I heard it's forbidden coz it might cause vomit....I hate vomit as well @@
Oh I admit at night, morning they burst water bag and anesthetist came abt lunch time. So I was in pain from 9.30am to 12.40pm.

So before burst water bag, I had light bf. then no more food. Only sips of water. Cos if u had full stomach, u will vomit when pushing.

Apr gal

Oh I admit at night, morning they burst water bag and anesthetist came about lunch time. So I was in pain from 9.30am to 12.40pm.

So before burst water bag, I had light bf. then no more food. Only sips of water. Cos if you had full stomach, you will vomit when pushing.
So u only had epi at noon? How was d pain b4 tat? N wat time u deliver? U only dilate after they burst d water bag?

Starling

Hi Starling, thanks for yr clarification. R u wif TMC as well? So long as paper work is done after 12am it's not consider as add charges. Tats wat I heard.do update us. When r u discharging?
I'm with mt Alvernia. Discharged tdy le.
I think the admission staff will tell you the charges accordingly. Just ask ur hb to check with them during admission time.

Oh I admit at night, morning they burst water bag and anesthetist came abt lunch time. So I was in pain from 9.30am to 12.40pm.

So before burst water bag, I had light bf. then no more food. Only sips of water. Cos if u had full stomach, u will vomit when pushing.
Huh... I hope I have enough energy to push.... I will bring chocolate to eat....

Starling

So u only had epi at noon? How was d pain b4 tat? N wat time u deliver? U only dilate after they burst d water bag?
The pain impact after water bag burst n drip (induction) level 5-6 then increase to 7-8.

Had epi at 12.40, fully dilate at 1.40. Deliver at 2.18

Dilation actually started on the night of admission after they insert pitocin. But the pain is mild n dilation slow.