Edd feb 2014

simplicitybaby

I got the same worries too! I did not gain any weight n all my relatives were commenting abt it. I measured my weight everyday. But luckily baby is growing healthily inside :) baby was 7.59cm when I m week 14.

citrella

wow you ladies posted so much here already. I can't keep up.

Yes, please try to avoid any vaccines during pregnancy. I remembered that I have to have a second dose of Hep B but because I found out that I was pregnant, I had to stop until I delivered (for my #1).

Yes with bleeding gums. I still have them on and off now. But it's good to keep a good hygiene now. I need to brush my teeth and tongue after every meal and drink more water, otherwise I kinda get bad breath easily nowadays (duno perhaps could be heatiness?).

So far I have put on 2 kg. I was quite surprised cos for my #1, I put on more. My weight is 50 kg now.

Mine is 90% girl too but gynae says don't start buying girl clothes until the detailed scan results. I have low iron too. Just take more beef, green leafy vegetables and poultry. I hate to take anymore supplements; just make me feel like puking even more.

I am looking around for a good breast pump. Anyone knows any good brands other than Medela? I used a second hand Medela before. Just exploring other good brands.

ParentFair at Expo is coming on 30 August - 1 Sept. 11 am to 9 pm. Do check it out.
I believe that there are more fairs (in Expo and Suntec) coming up in Nov as well.

happilymarried

hi liyin, whatsapp can be quite hard to follow and draining on hp battery.. but i dont mind trying it out? hehe.. by the way, looks like our dear feb thread most ladies having baby girls right? so far i think only rtcy and myself having baby boy... :)

happilymarried

hi mickeyjac, r u intending to sign up for any? they have classes at TMC if you are interested.. :) i am considering pre natal yoga classes... but first, this weekend i will start some swimming (my weight gain is making me scared)... see how my warm up goes.. before i pay for the class....

happilymarried

hi citrella - congrats on the baby girl!! =) when is your detailed scan (20th week scan)? Mine is around 3+ more weeks to go... such a long wait... haiz... & wow.. u only put on 2 kg so far? Am i the fattest mummy here? I put on 6kg so far... bringing my weight to 53kg... i have a target of 10-12 until i pop... i hope i can keep to that plan... hehe...

Hi happilymarried why so fast? Mine will only be 6 weeks plus later.. I still will hv an appt 3 weeks b4 that.. Anyway for me till now dr can't see the gender so I hv to wait till my next appt

mickeyJac

Hi happilymarried, I haven't confirm my hospital, still can sign up the prenatal course at tmc? Are u attending Wong boi boi class? Heard she is good. I also exploring prenatal yoga. Short listed mother and child and updog studio , both near my home.. Will try out the trial first before decide. I tried swim last weekend, felling good but have to be careful on step hor, slippery..

mickeyJac

Me 5 more weeks then detailed scan.. Time flies, I start feel panicky.. I am still choosing gynae and the appt only next week.. :we2arghh:

happilymarried

hi curly star, fast? haha no... I feel the wait is extremely long... meanwhile I try my best to be extra careful n take care.. hope baby is growing well n is bouncy n healthy.. :)

happilymarried

hi mickeyjac, yup I'm attending mrs wong's class. but I wont be delivering at tmc. my current doc is at paragon... actually I'm an ivf first time mummy.. i had so much probs trying to conceive... very thankful now after trying so long.. :) which gynae do u intend to use for delivery? u take care n be careful when swimming n at yoga class.. I will ask hubby accompany me to swim.. he needs exercise too! :p as for yoga I intend to try out como shambhala at orchard next week! see how the classes are like...

citrella

Happilymarried, my detailed scan is more than 3+ weeks later. Last week of Sept actually.

Does anyone knows if we can drink DOM or Yomeisho everyday? One small cup a day.
My mil bought me a few bottles and kept wanting me to drink.
I'm not totally sure cos of the alcohol content.

happilymarried

citrella:819979 said:
Happilymarried, my detailed scan is more than 3+ weeks later. Last week of Sept actually.

Does anyone knows if we can drink DOM or Yomeisho everyday? One small cup a day.
My mil bought me a few bottles and kept wanting me to drink.
I'm not totally sure cos of the alcohol content.
hi citrella, my detailed scan is on 16 sept.. I will turn 20 weeks on that week.. excited! :) as for dom or yomeishu, im not sure.. I can try check with other ladies on other threads for u.. but personally for me, I have stayed away from all food/drinks that come with alcohol as much as I can.. I only have been drinkig chix essence every 3-4 times a week..

mickeyJac

Hi happilymaried, my current gynae also at paragon but I am thinking of chg to other gynae who have good stitching skill as I intend to go for c-sect. U started the class with mrs Wong? Heard her class is conduct in big group.. Hubby accompany me to swim also.. :) u take care also when exercise, not to over stretch.

happilymarried

hi mickeyjac, paragon too? :) my gynae is dr ann tan... wonder if same as yours? hehe... why do you intend to go for c sect instead of natural birth? (if you dont mind me asking... sorry dont mean to offend). I have not started mrs wong's class... i signed up for the Nov classes as the lady i spoke to at parentcraft said oct class is too early for me... there will be breast feeding lesson which will be better if we learn the tips later.. too early may forget everything when time comes.. =)

happilymarried

hi citrella, i think dom & yomeisho might not be advisable to take... due to the alcohol content... if its me, i would not take.. currently avoiding all moon cakes with XO in them as well.. hehe =) but if you want, you can check with your gynae? Or call the nurses up to ask?

also on this food topic, lemongrass is a big no no for bfp ladies... i didnt know until i saw it in another forum... went to google & its true.. can cause miscarriage and period to come.. my mil made lots of chicken soup for me with lemongrass.. & i drank quite a lot earlier on.. hope it didnt cause my twin a any harm as i had already lost my twin b..

liyin

hi citrella, i think dom & yomeisho might not be advisable to take... due to the alcohol content... if its me, i would not take.. currently avoiding all moon cakes with XO in them as well.. hehe =) but if you want, you can check with your gynae? Or call the nurses up to ask?

also on this food topic, lemongrass is a big no no for bfp ladies... i didnt know until i saw it in another forum... went to google & its true.. can cause miscarriage and period to come.. my mil made lots of chicken soup for me with lemongrass.. & i drank quite a lot earlier on.. hope it didnt cause my twin a any harm as i had already lost my twin b..
I totally avoid herbal soup of any form the other day I just drank c-tea I alsmost died whole day stach weird weird one.

mickeyJac

Hi happilymarried, my gynae not Ann Tan, is motoko Yeo.. Ann Tan very difficult to fix appt le, very popular.. well, actually I very scared of pain, and I heard the horror story from my frend when they were in the labour for 15 hours and then go for emergency c-sect.. it horrified me and I even have nightmare of this.. sorry.. dun meant to scare anyone ya.. just my own feel.. . Discussed with my gynae and she is supporting natural though she didnt insist not to c sect for me.. lolz.. but I think i should seek second opinion...