EDD in Dec 2011

AngieTan

Thanks mummies... I really hope it's really nothing serious... Pray hard... Will update you guys after I see my gynae this Thursday... :001_07:

AngieTan

hi everyone, EDD is 8 Dec. Thinking of going to MAH this time round, any good reccomendations for gynaes there?
Hmm... quite near mine... Mine is 4 Dec and I will be delivering at MAH too... =D

You would prefer gynae staying near your place or? If so, where do you stay?

quintessence80

Mummies, wanna share which gynae and hospital you all taking?
I'll start - Dr Irene Chua, KKH, The Private Suite

Any symptoms so far? Personally, I feel nausea but not puking..tired most f the time.. pretty different from the previous time...:)
My EDD is 2Dec2011. Gynae is @ Mt. E Medical Centre - Datu Dr. SC. Chew. First Preg.
Morning sickness has been bad since i found out at 5 weeks. Non-stop nausea and chugging up. Baby only allows me to have 1 meal a day: Breakfast. Other than that, everything else comes out.

Renzie

AngieTan:
Would prefer staying near my place, haha, but if I'm comfortable with the gynae don't mind travelling further. Staying in Punggol, your gynae has a clinic in SengKang?

quintessence80:
Yeah for my number 2 my morning sickness is bad as well, no appetite late morning onwards, feeling nauseous and fatigue the whole day

xicloudix

What do u guys do everyday? currently i am on long MC at home... feeling more and more depress staying at home... feel like crying

marmalade

I see... My gynae got clinic at Sengkang and Choa Chu Kang... Will be too far for you already... Hehe...

You take care of yourself ya?

okok..thanks...will try to check out online for gynaes.

very sian, although more stabilised now, i still can't stand hawker smell, have to walk slowly to prevent the nausea feeling. hate bathing cos have to hold my breath when shampooing.......urgh. hopefully i will be ok soon. :(

marmalade

i juz got discharged from KK due to dehydration and heartburn and gastric.... sad.... drink more waters mummies.... need alot of water
i try to drink lots of water with honey and ribena but still not enough. cos can't drink fast , sipping will slow down the intake process.

so no choice, have to try to force myself to drink, or even put reminder in hp :"drink water".......
then again, i am afraid by forcing i will feel nauseous.
how ??? :(

AngieTan

AngieTan:
Would prefer staying near my place, haha, but if I'm comfortable with the gynae don't mind travelling further. Staying in Punggol, your gynae has a clinic in SengKang?
Oh, what a coincidence! I stay in Punggol too! Which part are you staying at? I stay opposite Punggol Plaza...

Ya, my gynae has a clinic at Compass Point... It's called Thomson Women's Clinic and his name is Dr Adrian Woodworth... Chinese looking guy but with Ang Moh surname... Hehe... It's near the bus interchange there...

Is this your first pregnancy? If yes, you might not be used to his style as he does not talk much or assure you much unless you start asking the questions yourself... But he is very experienced and skillful, that is for sure... If you are the super 'gan jiong' type mum, like I was before, then you will not be too used to his style at first lah... But he won't say much if it's not of concern so you won't worry unnecessarily... =D

Their number is 63888125 if you are interested... He has many patients to see as he is popular so be prepared to wait... But his consultations are really short so don't expect to have too much time with him as he got many mummies to see... You may also wish to note that his antenatal package is only $580 (include GST), cheaper than a lot of gynaes out there... =)

Last edited:

AngieTan

okok..thanks...will try to check out online for gynaes.

very sian, although more stabilised now, i still can't stand hawker smell, have to walk slowly to prevent the nausea feeling. hate bathing cos have to hold my breath when shampooing.......urgh. hopefully i will be ok soon. :(
How many weeks already now?

Renzie

AngieTan
Such a coincidence! I'm staying near Punggol Secondary school though. This is my second pregnancy. Went for subsidised rate for my first, so no fixed gynae, wanted to try a private one this time round. haha

marmalade
Try changing your shampoo? could it be the scent that make you nausea as well? My old sunblock scent does that, until I couldn't take it and got another one (after smelling the sample and find that it's agreeable), then it was better. This time round, my symptoms are much worse, so hubby got me those mandarin peels, which I would pop into my mouth whenever I feel nauseous. Try suckling on those sour plums?

marmalade

AngieTan
Such a coincidence! I'm staying near Punggol Secondary school though. This is my second pregnancy. Went for subsidised rate for my first, so no fixed gynae, wanted to try a private one this time round. haha

marmalade
Try changing your shampoo? could it be the scent that make you nausea as well? My old sunblock scent does that, until I couldn't take it and got another one (after smelling the sample and find that it's agreeable), then it was better. This time round, my symptoms are much worse, so hubby got me those mandarin peels, which I would pop into my mouth whenever I feel nauseous. Try suckling on those sour plums?
yeah, but not too sour types, cos will make it worse. so i eat like san zar or ribenia sweets. sour + a little sweet kind.
the other day was checking out on shampoo and i have no choice to open cap and smell, the retail gal saw me and must have thought i am a little weird. worse, i didn't get any in the end.
none of my frens has any of my problem, theirs are more on the tired side. muscle aching but besides these, nothing else...
i had healthy lifestyle before pregnancy...i run, brisk walk, but seems like this is not a factor whether you will have all these nasty symptoms or not...damn. :(

Renzie

marmalade
Different pregnancies have different symptoms, your first and second pregnancy might have totally different symptoms as well, so I don't think it's the lifestyle, but it might just help in decreasing some of the discomforts. I thought it's pretty common to open the cap and take a sniff? lol, anyway at least I do that, I don't want to dump something on my head which I can't stand the scent of. Maybe try in Watson's or supermarkets? at least not much sales person standing around to glare at you.

AngieTan

about 13 weeks+
really can't wait for my nausea feeling to go away.
now can't eat ba zhang ! my fav is the one with meat and nuts - the black salty one but now i can't stand the oil+garlic+prawn smell.
very pathetic.
Think it should clear soon since now in 2nd tri but I know it might be different for everybody... But someone told me having MS is good cos that means the hormone levels are high and thus baby doing very well... So I actually got worried when I didn't have any MS and had spotting for my first pregnancy...

Hang in there! =)

AngieTan

AngieTan
Such a coincidence! I'm staying near Punggol Secondary school though. This is my second pregnancy. Went for subsidised rate for my first, so no fixed gynae, wanted to try a private one this time round. haha[/B]
I see I see... You can consider my gynae lah... For the fact that he is good and skillful plus his clinic is near your place and his package rate is cheap... Since this is your 2nd pregnancy already, I think you wouldn't mind his "chop-chop" style as you should already know what you might need to know... =) Where do you intend to deliver?

AngieTan

Hi mummies,

Went for my gynae check up last Thursday and yes, confirmed to have a cyst measuring 7 cm (that's almost as big as my baby now --> 7.4 cm)... Sigh.. Very worried... :001_07:

Gynae say wait and see how it goes but I am worried it might grow bigger and affect baby if something could have been done earlier to solve it... Heard of cyst growing too big and depriving baby of its space inside the womb or growing TOGETHER with the baby... Operation to remove it now is possible but gynae said most mummies wait till after birth then get it removed and sometimes, it may just miraculously disappear on its own... But question is, can the situation wait? Operation is risky and gynae said if I decide to operate now, it is basically to find out whether it is benign or malignant... Sigh...

Don't know what to do! Worried everyday and really feeling like shit cos baby is fine and OSCAR result is satisfactory but I have to get this thing at a time like this... Scared pregnancy not being able to progress... Sob... :wecry:

Last edited:

godloved

Hi mummies,

Went for my gynae check up last Thursday and yes, confirmed to have a cyst measuring 7 cm (that's almost as big as my baby now --> 7.4 cm)... Sigh.. Very worried... :001_07:

Gynae say wait and see how it goes but I am worried it might grow bigger and affect baby if something could have been done earlier to solve it... Heard of cyst growing too big and depriving baby of its space inside the womb or growing TOGETHER with the baby... Operation to remove it now is possible but gynae said most mummies wait till after birth then get it removed and sometimes, it may just miraculously disappear on its own... But question is, can the situation wait? Operation is risky and gynae said if I decide to operate now, it is basically to find out whether it is benign or malignant... Sigh...

Don't know what to do! Worried everyday and really feeling like shit cos baby is fine and OSCAR result is satisfactory but I have to get this thing at a time like this... Scared pregnancy not being able to progress... Sob... :wecry:
Hey Dearie..

Really sorry to hear such news. Try your best to stay positive k? I know it's hard but I am sure things will work itself out somehow. Will keep praying.

AngieTan

Hey Dearie..

Really sorry to hear such news. Try your best to stay positive k? I know it's hard but I am sure things will work itself out somehow. Will keep praying.
Thanks dear... I really hope everything will work out fine... *pray hard*

ihmdweh

Thanks dear... I really hope everything will work out fine... *pray hard*
Hey babe, i had a cyst too the last time i saw the gynae, but last sat after i saw the gynae again, it "disappear" and gynae says its actually very common. BUt i dunno if we are talking abt the same kind of cyst. Well let the gynae decide if its better for u to operate or wait till you've given birth?

Anyway I've just gotten confirmation at my baby is a GIRL!!! yay :)

Still waiting for oscars results though.. baby was really naughty and lazy... either keep moving, cannot take measurement or in breech position, also cannot take measurement. So bo pian after 4 "walks" outside the clinic to coax baby into position, we just took the 2 best measurements.

How long do we have to wait to get the results?