EDD in Dec 2011

Xmm

So far i think n hope its ok bah.. tml going for checkup again.. gotta see her weight n everything ok anot.. due to my work.. everyday super stress n tiring.. i don even rest ah! thou next month i start my maternity rest.. but i will be having issues with the company too.. now my life is like jammed up.. with baby , career & family.. very hard to juggle.. =(
Hey girl,
Don't be stressed up!
Must relax.
I do understand the challenge of juggling work, family and pregnancy, that's why I made the decision to quit when I preggie.
To me, money and career is secondary, family and children more important, moreover, fertility is not permanent, our biological clock is tickling mercilessly.I ve been trying for years to have this bb, so can't take chance since previously I had 3 m/c as I was too committed to work.
The company won't remember and thank me for what I did for them, not worth 为公司卖命!
So I quited my job for the above reason.

verieying

Thanks Gingerella for sharing the videos! ;)

any mummies hv confinement tips to share??

personally, for my first confinement, I ignored old wife's tale and bathed, washed hair regularly, stepped on water or wet floor in toilet, washed hands with cold or room temp. water, sometimes cold water as tub of water for rinsing milk bottle turns cold from air con, air con in day and night - then I had very bad pain on my wrists till I can't write, pins poking pain in my feet after my confinement. that's when my mum scolded me for not listening to her.
it continued for good even after months after months...

then subsequent pregnancy, I still and bathe (as I can't tahan not washing up at all ) though I do that every few days instead with Chinese herbs or ginger water, wore slippers in toilet, my wrists pain improved, almost fully recovered - so there is some truth in old wife's tales.. though I must wash my hands, wipe myself a few times a day, bathe and wash hair every few days. can't go all the way!!!

but I heard neighbors and distant relatives who completely never bathe and touch water ( I wonder how? what about cleaning the wounds from cut stitches etc?) their health strengthen tremendously, no more pains, less sick etc after their strict confinement! but I doubt I'll ever be able to reach that "standard". hahaha but wonder how come Caucasians have no such ::wong7:

Last edited:

Renzie

lol i didnt go for any antenatal classes.. so i only took deep breaths .. lol
lol. I stopped my antenatal classes half way the last time I was preg with DD, so forgot everything only remember abit about the breathing exercises...LOL, which I can guarantee that I'll throw it out of the window when the real labor comes.

Renzie

Thanks Gingerella for sharing the videos! ;)

any mummies hv confinement tips to share??

personally, for my first confinement, I ignored old wife's tale and bathed, washed hair regularly, stepped on water or wet floor in toilet, washed hands with cold or room temp. water, sometimes cold water as tub of water for rinsing milk bottle turns cold from air con, air con in day and night - then I had very bad pain on my wrists till I can't write, pins poking pain in my feet after my confinement. that's when my mum scolded me for not listening to her.
it continued for good even after months after months...

then subsequent pregnancy, I still and bathe (as I can't tahan not washing up at all ) though I do that every few days instead with Chinese herbs or ginger water, wore slippers in toilet, my wrists pain improved, almost fully recovered - so there is some truth in old wife's tales.. though I must wash my hands, wipe myself a few times a day, bathe and wash hair every few days. can't go all the way!!!

but I heard neighbors and distant relatives who completely never bathe and touch water ( I wonder how? what about cleaning the wounds from cut stitches etc?) their health strengthen tremendously, no more pains, less sick etc after their strict confinement! but I doubt I'll ever be able to reach that "standard". hahaha but wonder how come Caucasians have no such ::wong7:
Yeah sometimes I wonder how come the Caucasians no such complaints.

During my confinement, i still bath and wash hair everyday, very hard not to. Even the video also say that it is ok. I bathed with the herbal packs, hubby will boil the water, pour into the pail, then add in some warm water from the shower hose (in laws told me try not to bath with the water direct from the pipes). Bathed in the masterbedroom (did confinement at parents' place), so before I went to shower, close all the windows and doors, to make sure no wind come in.

After bath, must dry every part properly, and blow dry hair immediately before I come out of the room. In laws even prepared slippers for me to walk around the house so that it wouldn't come into contact with the cold floor. But I still wash my hands from direct tapwater. I guess just have to make sure that it's properly dried. I was told that if got wind its ok, but must avoid if it's raining and windy. Air con is fine, but no fan.

I think if you really want to be strict, you probably can compromise by wiping yourself down with the herbal water instead, make sure no wind to enter the room, and dry yourself properly. It's hard not to clean ourselves with breast feeding and cleaning our wounds.

Fynn88

Hello ladies

Just came back fr gynae visit. Baby has only put on 100g in the past 2 weeks. Doctor says that that's abt the maximum bb will grow. Is it normal for baby's growth to slow down so much at the end stage of pregnancy? I'm now at 38 weeks 2 days.

Xmm

Hello ladies

Just came back fr gynae visit. Baby has only put on 100g in the past 2 weeks. Doctor says that that's abt the maximum bb will grow. Is it normal for baby's growth to slow down so much at the end stage of pregnancy? I'm now at 38 weeks 2 days.
Hey
I don't know the answer but if the doc never say anything, I guess it's ok as long as bb has put on some weight and growing.
So pls don't worry.
Just relax and soon your bb will be due!
Take care!

bingtingyin

Hey girl,
Don't be stressed up!
Must relax.
I do understand the challenge of juggling work, family and pregnancy, that's why I made the decision to quit when I preggie.
To me, money and career is secondary, family and children more important, moreover, fertility is not permanent, our biological clock is tickling mercilessly.I ve been trying for years to have this bb, so can't take chance since previously I had 3 m/c as I was too committed to work.
The company won't remember and thank me for what I did for them, not worth 为公司卖命!
So I quited my job for the above reason.

So far i think n hope its ok bah.. tml going for checkup again.. gotta see her weight n everything ok anot.. due to my work.. everyday super stress n tiring.. i don even rest ah! thou next month i start my maternity rest.. but i will be having issues with the company too.. now my life is like jammed up.. with baby , career & family.. very hard to juggle.. =(
oh.. so excited for u. update us k!

poo mummy, hv to ungo so much stress and tired during pregy. you hv to take good care of urself n bb and relax urself (i noe say is easy then do but u try k). for first time mummy is really hard to juggle everythings at a go. during ur confinement u hv to think hw u wan to mgmt ur own life. which is impt to u. no company will worth of life to work for then cos most company dun appreaciate our hard wrk one.

i agree with Xmm cos i also quit my job during my first pregy cos i find the environment is nt good for me n my bb (nt ask u to quit u job) i see my collea keep MC during her pregy and her bb come out also keep fall sick (of course nt all collea hv this pro) but i prefer my bb hv a health grow in my tummy. me also a family person, so i will put family n bb in front of everythings and wan do the best for my bb.

talk to someone u more comfort with and slowly u will feel better. JIA YOU!! all mummies is here to support u. Hugs!!

bingtingyin

Hello ladies

Dun need worry so much. ur bb at the last lap liao. wat ur bb weight nw? more than 3kg liao?

bingtingyin

Yeah sometimes I wonder how come the Caucasians no such complaints.

During my confinement, i still bath and wash hair everyday, very hard not to. Even the video also say that it is ok. I bathed with the herbal packs, hubby will boil the water, pour into the pail, then add in some warm water from the shower hose (in laws told me try not to bath with the water direct from the pipes). Bathed in the masterbedroom (did confinement at parents' place), so before I went to shower, close all the windows and doors, to make sure no wind come in.

After bath, must dry every part properly, and blow dry hair immediately before I come out of the room. In laws even prepared slippers for me to walk around the house so that it wouldn't come into contact with the cold floor. But I still wash my hands from direct tapwater. I guess just have to make sure that it's properly dried. I was told that if got wind its ok, but must avoid if it's raining and windy. Air con is fine, but no fan.

I think if you really want to be strict, you probably can compromise by wiping yourself down with the herbal water instead, make sure no wind to enter the room, and dry yourself properly. It's hard not to clean ourselves with breast feeding and cleaning our wounds.
true lor, y Caucasians no such complaints and onli we chinese hv all this old trad things.

some of the things, we hv to follow and some we hv to use modern ways bah. like cleaning and eating to me is more impt. so my ways is to eat good and clean myself.

hibernate

true lor, y Caucasians no such complaints and onli we chinese hv all this old trad things.

some of the things, we hv to follow and some we hv to use modern ways bah. like cleaning and eating to me is more impt. so my ways is to eat good and clean myself.
to me cleanliness is impt .. sg is not cooling like china (i guess that's where those pantangs come from). we're very warm and humid here. so we must at least keep clean! if not how to feed and carry baby! lol