EDD in Dec 2011

swthippy

I also had spotting for my first pregnancy and it's not a few drops kind... It's like very light menses and the spotting was light brown in colour... Was also given hormone pills to stabilise the pregnancy and most importantly, rest more and try not to move around too much... But you working now right? dont't worry cos I think if it's really serious then Dr Adrian would have given you MC for bed rest... As long as the spotting stopped, it should be alright.... =)

I was and am now again taking powdered milk meant for pregnant mums but I am taking Anmum... Is Similac nice? I tried Dumex one but it's a little too sweet for my liking... Hehe... Taking that is good cos it's got a lot of nutrients, especially high folate content which we so need right now in the first trimester... I think from second trimester onwards, Dr Adrian will not be giving folic acid anymore so dont't be alarmed... Read somewhere that folic acid is only needed in the initial part of the pregnancy and should not be taken towards the later stage of pregnancy...

Hmm... I dont't know whether it is okay to lie flat on your tummy but I personally wouldn't do so ... Hehe... Cos I very "kiasee" one, scared will harm the baby and pressing on the baby... =P
Similac Mum is recommended by my gf..she asked me to take this and so i followed lor... so far..ok, taste more of vanilla flavour, not that sweet. I cant comment on other brands thou.

but i did ask samples from other milk power brands...free mah.... just register in their websites...then they will post you samples...heehee..now i waiting for them to be delivered into my mail box.

Maybe you girls can also go request samples for yourself. FOC...heeheee..

ya, i shall stop lying on my stomach from now liao...sayang the baby..

Hippy

chiro san

Going to see him tomorrow instead of 9 May. By tml, i'm like 7 wks 1 day. Decided to go earlier for my appt because i feeling aching on my right butt... not sure why but its aching like hell. Walk also will feel abit pain due to aching... Anyone have this experience?

Feels nausea and bloated all the time, especially after meals too. And strong powering smell like air freshener / perfume, makes me wanna puke.
I had similar experience as you, but mine was on my left side instead. Yes, aching when mobilizing. Worsens when I remain in the same position for too long. Nausea and bloated all the time, especially after meals too! Fishy smell made me sick.

AngieTan

Similac Mum is recommended by my gf..she asked me to take this and so i followed lor... so far..ok, taste more of vanilla flavour, not that sweet. I cant comment on other brands thou.

but i did ask samples from other milk power brands...free mah.... just register in their websites...then they will post you samples...heehee..now i waiting for them to be delivered into my mail box.

Hippy
I see I see... Sometimes gynae side will have Anmum samples also... You can take and try too... Anmum also organises free pregnancy seminars, also can try it there and obtain information on pregnancy through their talks also... Helped a lot for me, especially as a FTMTB that time... =)

As for lying on my stomach hor, one more reason is cos it kinda hurt for me when I lie on my stomach when pregnant so I don't do it... Anyway, can't do this for long also... As long as baby grow bigger and tummy also, then can hardly do that anymore already... Hehe... =P

godloved

Good am to all mummies...

Last night DD1 didn't want to sleep.. Now she is finally asleep but I can't seem to sleep at all..:err:

Somehow I feel that I was more excited about the first pregnancy and perhaps then I had more energy and time to read to baby or talk to it..Now I feel that I am not doing much..guilt trip here..but still trying to enjoy every moment of knowing I celebrate this Mother's Day as a mom-of-2...

How do other mummies like myself who has older kids deal with it huh?

Or maybe the hormones are just making me super emo this morning..

marmalade

Hippy

Thanks for sharing the tip....besides similac and S26 , do you know what other brands ?
i will also register online and get them to mail me.

marmalade

What I am experiencing now (baby about 10 weeks)
- can't stand fishy smell, hawker fumes, food in mouth- the aftertaste (esp eating hawker food), butter smell, seafood, durian smell ( but i used to love it!)

- some occasional brown discharge

- low immune system (having sore throat now) :(

- needs some honey in water, else water taste bitter then feels like vomiting

- always want to sit down like old woman

- always want to sleep like a pig (even though mind not sleepy, but the body seems to like the bed)

- crave for fast-food, meat. veggies ok, but depends. (used to like veggies)

- always wake up early in the morning feeling hungry (when i am actually not a morning person !!)

urgh.....hope this helps to vent my frustration a bit...know i can't be too frustrated else not good for baby, but............glad to have this channel to vent. :001_302:

happyfamily

hi all...i'm a first time mummy here
current 8 weeks of pregnancy...my gynae is also Dr Adrian Woodworth at Compass Point =)
Nice to meet all of you here~~

ihmdweh

- can't stand fishy smell, hawker fumes, food in mouth- the aftertaste (esp eating hawker food), butter smell, seafood, durian smell ( but i used to love it!)

- always want to sleep like a pig (even though mind not sleepy, but the body seems to like the bed)

- always wake up early in the morning feeling hungry (when i am actually not a morning person !!)

urgh.....hope this helps to vent my frustration a bit...know i can't be too frustrated else not good for baby, but............glad to have this channel to vent. :001_302:
Haha... yes i experienced the following as well:

1. Low Immune System (Fever, sore throat, running nose)
2. Always want to sit down
3. Always want to sleep
4. Crave for fast food / unhealthy food (BUT I'M AFRAID THIS IS COS I HAVE THE LIBERTY TO GAIN WEIGHT NOW) :(
5. Feeling hungry all the time but when food is in front of me i lose my appetite
6. Can't stand the smell of mushrooms (used to be my fav!)

Just completed my 10th week and already gained 2kg!! sigh..

AngieTan

Pregnancy does wonders to our bodies... It makes us like what we don't like before or hate what we liked before! Haha... Happened to me... I SWORE that I would NEVER love kimchi but I did when I was pregnant and got so addicted to it up till this day! LOL... And I was not a very meat kind of person but when I was pregnant with my boy, I craved meat like a carnivore, especially beef... I just had to have it almost everyday but of course I try not to also cos beef can be pretty heaty... Hehe...

You will get to see the differences as you go along and sometimes it amazes you how much the pregnancy can change your moods, appetites, emotions, thinking, etc etc but once you popped, you'll most probably get back to your old self (for me, the sudden love for kimchi didn't! LOL!)...

I was very very tired during my first pregnancy and for the current one as well... It's like I just wanna crash in bed and just sleep but I can't do that cos still got a young baby to look after now... Very tired but no choice... It's part and parcel of pregnancy but yes, will feel like a pig... Haha... The eyes just can't keep open right? So heavy... =P

I feel hungry the moment I open my eyes in the morning... Sometimes worse is, during wee hours will be very hungry then I will just drink a glass of milk and get back to sleep... At that hour, so lazy to find/cook things to eat cos just wanna sleep...

Bear with it... once 2nd trimester arrives, you should feel better! =D

Last edited:

AngieTan

hi all...i'm a first time mummy here
current 8 weeks of pregnancy...my gynae is also Dr Adrian Woodworth at Compass Point =)
Nice to meet all of you here~~
Welcome and congratulations! =D

I see Dr Adrian at his Compass Point clinic too... Where do you stay? When is your next appointment?

AngieTan

Haha... yes i experienced the following as well:

1. Low Immune System (Fever, sore throat, running nose)
2. Always want to sit down
3. Always want to sleep
4. Crave for fast food / unhealthy food (BUT I'M AFRAID THIS IS COS I HAVE THE LIBERTY TO GAIN WEIGHT NOW) :(
5. Feeling hungry all the time but when food is in front of me i lose my appetite
6. Can't stand the smell of mushrooms (used to be my fav!)

Just completed my 10th week and already gained 2kg!! sigh..
Very satisfying right??? Haha... Possible that our body is inclined to gaining weight... Hehe...

godloved

I realised that my first preg I will crave for all the healthy stuff..like oats, fruit and vege...

Now all I want is unhealthy food... :( Read: Coke, Instant noodles, fast food

Sleepy all the time, worse after meals

Nausea also worse than 1st preg...

AngieTan

SUPER!!!!!!!!!!! hahaa chocolates and unlimited candy!! I NEED TO STOP!!
LOL! Ya have to limit yourself... Too much sugar not good! Haha... I also craving for junk food lately and everyday I crave for potato chips! No good leh cos salty! OMG! Can't stop also! Hahaha... =x

AngieTan

I realised that my first preg I will crave for all the healthy stuff..like oats, fruit and vege...

Now all I want is unhealthy food... :( Read: Coke, Instant noodles, fast food

Sleepy all the time, worse after meals

Nausea also worse than 1st preg...
1st one very health conscious har? Hehe... First one I crave for meat, second one now I crave for junk... Oh no... =x

swthippy

LOL! Ya have to limit yourself... Too much sugar not good! Haha... I also craving for junk food lately and everyday I crave for potato chips! No good cos salty! OMG! Can't stop also! Hahaha... =x
i also crave for potato chips, hot and spicy..i just had it over the weekends..hee