EDD in Feb 2010

SteveChow

Alpha Male
hihi...lolz really expensive!! me going for DST tml..saying goodbye to $420 then :tlaugh:so hows was your wife result for the DST?
i choose Dr Tho as i seen him previously for womens sickness years back + staying in JE so i guess it would be more convenient should i need to consult him for watever
Hi,

Ya i stay in JE also, haha
Dr Tho just call my wife, the result is very low risk

WinnieL

hi all, I'm a first time mother, and EDD is in mid-Feb 2010. have already gone for the down syndrome test last week, and risk is low. can't wait for my next scan beg Sept. :001_302:

My EDD is on CNY eve.
hmmm... Ashbaby, wats ur preference. Believe it or not, wat one avoid will eventually be one will get. I try to avoid having bb born b4 CNY so that s/he has the same animal sign as the CY cos find it very confusing :( My EDD on 20 Feb but my Gynae said 90% will come out a wk earlier. Then I will ganna a little "moo-moo". But wld be fun to haf a little one to play during CNY and keep the relatives entertained ;)

hi all, I'm a first time mother, and EDD is in mid-Feb 2010. have already gone for the down syndrome test last week, and risk is low. can't wait for my next scan beg Sept. :001_302:
Welcome winnieL! Yeah, we'll be treading this exciting path together :) I'm really looking fwd 20wk scan but scare scare. Dun dare to buy anything in case thing dun go rite.

babytan

Hi,
Ya i stay in JE also, haha
Dr Tho just call my wife, the result is very low risk
congrats!!:Dancing_wub:i just went for DST yesterday, hoping that everything be fine..paid close to $450 for the DST & detailed scanning at 20th week, does yours include that? wonder when will Dr Tho ask me to sign up for the package..gonna costs me a bomb again..i ask the nurse hor, still got another blood test to do at Dr Tho clinic leh!! **faintzz**:eek:

congrats!!:Dancing_wub:i just went for DST yesterday, hoping that everything be fine..paid close to $450 for the DST & detailed scanning at 20th week, does yours include that? wonder when will Dr Tho ask me to sign up for the package..gonna costs me a bomb again..i ask the nurse , still got another blood test to do at Dr Tho clinic !! **faintzz**:eek:
never knew pregnancy is so expensive :( BTW babytan, i tot DST is down between wk 11-14? is there another one in 2nd trimester?

babytan

never knew pregnancy is so expensive :( BTW babytan, i thought DST is down between wk 11-14? is there another one in 2nd trimester?
hhaha sorry i confused you lolz
DST is done either 3rd or 4th month (i did mine just at 3rd month)
the other blood test i mentioned is NOT DST..think is HIV, Hep B etc etc...as i am really afraid of them poking needle into me...lolz!! so i am kind of paranoid la..cant they just do it once & for all..still ned to split..buay tahan leh!!:embarrassed:+ pay n pay n poke :elvis:i just hope that baby is healthy..pay $ & me complaining is nothing..just venting my fears here...kekekkeek

WinnieL

Welcome winnieL! Yeah, we'll be treading this exciting path together :) I'm really looking fwd 20wk scan but scare scare. dont dare to buy anything in case thing dont go rite.
thanks thanks. yups.. it's an exciting journey isn't it?

i agree with you. it's a long wait till 20th week scan. must really take care of ourselves now.

babytan

gynea just called me and said my risk for DOWN is 1 in 2000...
he said is fine, no futher test needed...glad to know that:Dancing_wub:hubby said "wow very good hor, just say 1 in 2000 then 400+ gone" whahahahhah *bengzz*

WinnieL

he said is fine, no futher test needed...glad to know that:Dancing_wub:hubby said "wow very good , just say 1 in 2000 then 400+ gone" whahahahhah *bengzz*
hahaha.. i totally agree with your hubby. but then, at least it gives you peace of mind?
I did my scan last week at KK, and result is low risk. :tlaugh:

Ashbaby

hmmm... Ashbaby, wats your preference. Believe it or not, what one avoid will eventually be one will get. I try to avoid having baby born before CNY so that s/he has the same animal sign as the CY cos find it very confusing :( My EDD on 20 Feb but my Gynae said 90% will come out a wk earlier. Then I will ganna a little "moo-moo". But wld be fun to have a little one to play during CNY and keep the relatives entertained ;)
I prefer a little moo moo , my mom say I'll most prob deliver early ard early feb.

WinnieL

my baby is most probably a tiger. though my hubby prefers a moo moo, as he's a tiger and would prefer not to have 2 tigers in the family. :tlaugh:

i'm a rabbit, so if there are indeed 2 tigers in the family..... :err:

SteveChow

Alpha Male
he said is fine, no futher test needed...glad to know that:Dancing_wub:hubby said "wow very good , just say 1 in 2000 then 400+ gone" whahahahhah *bengzz*
Wow, good to hear that you got good result.
Anyway I'm changing gynae le although i must say Dr Tho is a very good gynae but my wife seems quite weak, therefore i prefer having a gynae that is based in the hospital just in case, any urgent case can straight away admit into the hospital.

woo22

Wow, good to hear that you got good result.
Anyway I'm changing gynae although i must say Dr Tho is a very good gynae but my wife seems quite weak, therefore i prefer having a gynae that is based in the hospital just in case, any urgent case can straight away admit into the hospital.

a good thought!! kk is still the place to be whenever emergency arises. My fren was seeing a gynae who delivers at thom.. my fren had complications, her gynae told her to get admitted into kk iso going to thom a&e, then transfer.. would have cost a bomb!!
I told my gynae the same thing.

woo22

Hello! I'm a 1st time mummy and EDD somewhere mid Feb 2010. Anybody out there sharing the same period of excitment?:Dancing_wub:
hi! i m expecting my 2nd baby sometime 3rd wk of feb..so hope baby dont come out too early.. i want to bring my dear daughter to pai nian first!! her 2nd cny!!!:001_302:

woo22

never knew pregnancy is so expensive :( BTW babytan, i thought DST is down between wk 11-14? is there another one in 2nd trimester?
more expenses to come!! :eek: i spent about $7600 for my 1st pregnancy..right from gynae visits to birth incl hospital charges etc (cash and medisave). I gave birth to my dear daughter at thomson june 2008..so i guess for my 2nd..the costs shld be arnd that. I applied for FBI (1st born incentive) and got % for quite a lot of thgs..I will be applying for the SBI (subsequent born incentive) to get further %. Just make sure that your gynae is in the list..then you get % for the charges as well..
I had my OSCAR scan done early Aug and it was about $400 after disc.