EDD in July?

Tiggee

Another 12 weeks to go! Can't wait already. Hubby threw away all the sweet stuff in the fridge. :( he even keep my Milo. Zzz. Was really quite upset cos hungry and I can't eat, not used to it at all. Feel so food deprived. But what my hubby say is true, I'm doing it for my lil boy. So I will persevere till the end. After that den eat what I want. :) Just want my baby boy to be healthy!

raindrop

Another 12 weeks to go! Can't wait already. Hubby threw away all the sweet stuff in the fridge. :( he even keep my Milo. Zzz. Was really quite upset cos hungry and I can't eat, not used to it at all. Feel so food deprived. But what my hubby say is true, I'm doing it for my lil boy. So I will persevere till the end. After that den eat what I want. :) Just want my baby boy to be healthy!
is it hunger or just mouth itchy? If hungry and can't eat, it's better for the boy meh? :(

angelpeisze

Any tips in sourcing for a good baby cot? Need to have wheels so can easily be transported around the house :)
I just bought the 4 in 1 baby cot at OGPP @ $325 free delivery & installation. Come with wheels too and free the mattress, changing tray & bedding set...

i though Milo can drink juz don't put too much sugar lor... hmm... ya hungry but can't eat... i heard from my colleague if u feel hungry u must eat lor if not next time baby come out and see watever other eat he/she will wan too eat wan... the chinese word is "贪吃"

usagibb

Jennifer: Don't need to eat too much rice. Rice is simple carbs so just makes you more tired. Unless it's brown rice. As for calcium, not sure if it's heaty but good to eat at least 1,000mg per day cos the mummies need it, not to mention it's good to help build baby's bones. Maybe can check with your gynae? My gynae said iron pills no rush to take cos it's more for mummy's benefit esp post-delivery (after loss of blood). But calcium is good for baby. =)

Baby size and C-section - Yes it's better not to have too large a baby size. I think head size in particular is quite important... if more than 10cm, could be impossible to pass through cervix. My boy is in breech position now (head is under my chest) so if he doesn't move his head 360 degrees closer to EDD than most likely will have to go for C-section...

Mummies who are planning for C-section, can you share why?
my lst one my gynae always tell me dun eat so much, wait the head too big, cannot come out thru cervix, so i really control abit, haha...and my #1 turn down very early, about 7 mth, head alrdy down de...so the rest of the 3 mths, i really got pblm eating and breathing, cos the legs keep kicking my chest area, very xin ku...

as for #2 now, last scan, head still up, size smaller, the rest still remains the same...but since gg for c-sect, if bb head nv down, wouldnt cause a pblm

for me, my #1 is emergy c-sect de...cos i didnt fully dilate after a long long hrs and also having fevers and contractions also pain...so gynae suggest if i want, i can continue to wait, if not just go for c-sect...im really in pain with contractions, so just go ahead with c-sect...

bochup

me not chose.. 1st kid natural birth but 2nd emerg c-sect.. and this coming have to c-sect again.... me a long long story when have to emerg c-sect... if u dont mind i can share wif u kekek.... juz let me know haha
Hi Jennifer, yes definitely interested to know why you went with C-section =)

usagibb - Thank you for sharing. Must have been very torturous. I am now very concerned about my 1.3kg reading. Want to snack on chocolates but switched to eating dried prunes instead. sigh...

usagibb

Hi Jennifer, yes definitely interested to know why you went with C-section =)

usagibb - Thank you for sharing. Must have been very torturous. I am now very concerned about my 1.3kg reading. Want to snack on chocolates but switched to eating dried prunes instead. sigh...

hahaha....yes...tats why i dun want to cont to wait, cos my gynae say maybe next day then will dilate fully, think i will die lor...haha....

this is my long long story when i giving birth to my 2nd kid:-

On 24th May 2005 afternoon, I told my manager than since morning did not feel baby moving so she ask me to call my gynae. After calling my gynae, was inform to go down to KKH ASAP.. as i know it would take sometime to give birth.. i went home from office take a bath than wif hubby go to KKH.. at about 2 plus reach KKH.. doctor have already inform nurse to induce... after induce i know it will be very pain so have also ask the doctor do help me put the epidural.. wait for a long time... still no dilate.. about 8 plus... nurse come in check... hmm.... she say very funny can feel the baby ear... than hmm... can feel baby hand... but she say she have try push back liao...omg... than wait... i thought i should have already given birth at 8 plus cos my 1st kid labour onli take me 5 hrs.... 11 plus doctor check... can't wait liao must set up everything.. vacuum... everything setted.... check baby heart beat is going down..... no no must c-sect immed.. so was immed push to operation room... on the way still ask r u ok??? wat ur name?? and health problem (cos i have asthma)??? etc, etc...

12.05am baby boy was out baby... heard from hubby... baby heart beat have stop awhile..omg... but i was only push out at 4am plus.. cos due to nurse already can feel baby position not correct but keep ask me to push at delivery suit.. i hurt my below and was badly bleed... hubby told me, they have bring in many blood bag... and also 1 side of the urinal part not normal so waited for Tan Tock Send Hospital doctor to come over to check...

Me and my son was send to ICU... i have stay ICU for 1 day than transfer to normal ward.. but poor baby boy have been pok needle here and there... i have stay there for about 4 days... on discharge day... hai... the hospital service was so bad... arranging me to discharge take very long... after i have discharge, when over to pick up my son (btw baby is still ICU, and they did not bring my baby to me for the pass 4 day.. n i have to walk down to see him...**Sad**) ask me to wait... wait... wait... say doctor need to write report b4 i can bring him home... but did not see any doctor go near him.... wait... wait... wait... waited about 1 to 2 hrs... too angry... so go ask the nurse again.... than they ask doctor to see him...omg....

After discharge, keep receive bill from KKH.... do u know my bill was about 10K b4 CPF deduction... they say is bcos for normal to emerg c-sect and i have my own gynae... keep paying the bill... and it alway say is the last bill... about 4 to 5 mth later... i received hospital bill again... tell me their mistake about the bill they have deducted wrongly on CPF part... so i have to pay $500 plus cash... no chose i have have write in to tell them this is their problem.. and they alway tell me it was last bill... it have been 6 years hahah they did not ask me to pay the amt.. **touch wood**

after everything was settle... i think... y i so stupid... i should complain their service... how can they already know my baby position was not correct keep asking me to push... and when the time i push my gynae is still not there... when they check below... they already see my baby eye brown instate of baby hair... that mean baby is not in correct position... for us already know this.. but y they don't know... luck my gynae come in if not i don't know wat happen to my baby... now he is already 6 years old.. so sometime my hubby say i care more for my 2nd son than 1st son... hai...

Last edited:
btw.. my gynae have told my hubby i can't go for normal birth cos i hurt below liao... and i though so many year, i should be about to try normal birth... but check wif my gynae again... answer still ""NO""

Last edited:

raindrop

Not used to the amt of food I'm eating now. Cos I used to eat more but cos cut down alot, den always feel hungry.
I agree with Jennifer, also heard that same thing about baby wanting to eat everything if mummy dun eat and stay hungry. maybe it's more of moderation.

Your condition is caused by too much sugar remaining in the blood (pregnancy also cuases lesser insulin to be produced in some women), instead of going to the cell to be converted to energy.

I suppose eating lesser each meal would help as less sugar goes into the blood. You can try eating bit by bit rather than big meals at 1 time. and take more fiber like wholemeal bread or oats type of food, these take longer to digest and thus make you feel fuller for longer time. then also try to exercise daily. I have read that by research, exercise will help make babies smarter too! =)

I agree with Jennifer, also heard that same thing about baby wanting to eat everything if mummy dun eat and stay hungry. maybe it's more of moderation.

Your condition is caused by too much sugar remaining in the blood (pregnancy also cuases lesser insulin to be produced in some women), instead of going to the cell to be converted to energy.

I suppose eating lesser each meal would help as less sugar goes into the blood. You can try eating bit by bit rather than big meals at 1 time. and take more fiber like wholemeal bread or oats type of food, these take longer to digest and thus make you feel fuller for longer time. then also try to exercise daily. I have read that by research, exercise will help make babies smarter too! =)
wat exercise can we do???? cos i also wan to do some exercise too ^_^

raindrop

wat exercise can we do???? cos i also wan to do some exercise too ^_^
We can swim or take brisk walks - 2 safest exercise for us for now.

But depending on your fitness level, you can engage in any exercises that do not require you to change directions too fast, jump up and down or be on uneven grounds (we are very clumsy during this time) and we shouldn't get too breathless (we get that very often now too).

As I used to go gym quite often, fitness level still okay. I am still swimming, climbing stairs, cycling on stationary bikes, doing very light weights for my arms. As long as I dun get too breathless. =) So really depends on your own fitness level before pregnancy too. Hope this helps.

if in doubt, please check with your gynae before exercise hor. =)

usagibb

btw.. my gynae have told my hubby i can't go for normal birth cos i hurt below liao... and i though so many year, i should be about to try normal birth... but check wif my gynae again... answer still ""NO""
sounds very scary experience and admire u still have the courage after so many years to try one more...peifu peifu...

as what i noe, KKH is well known for their 'good service'...

my #1 when she turn her head down at 7mth, my gynae say its abit early and might result to early labor and told me tat if really the case, must deliver at KKH cos they got all the equipments, which scare me off cos i dun want KKH, so i kip telling my#1 please dun come out, please dun come out...but guess she really listen to me and dun want to come out even at 40weeks, even i went for induction and has to csect to get her out....hahaha.....

uksportgal

Any tips in sourcing for a good baby cot? Need to have wheels so can easily be transported around the house :)
Go baby fair this weekend see see look look should have, do look out for the qualit. some might be cheaper but the wood might not be as good, I saw one type is cane bottom instead of wood bottom last fair... if u just use it for baby time still alright.. that bed was suppose to convert into toddler bed.. well.. kids like to jump.. so maybe not as suitable.. but yes cane bottom should be more airy :p ... personally feel those that can rock, some cots come with that function.. hmmm means if baby get use to it then u dun rock baby to sleep they dun go to sleep.. got pro and cons.. guess most impt is the safety.. check the quality and the lock system, and the width of the bars are they of standard gap size.. some too big can be dangerous wait baby trap... if you planning to move ard the house u must rem to measure how big is the space of your room's door that will be impt I guess. coz once u set up, u can't be always disassemble it and move then assemble again~ Cot also got diff sizes.. usually those smaller one is not convertable to kids' bed... depends what you need. For mobility Playpen is another option.

Tiggee : Jia you!!

bochup

Yes, very scary and painful experience indeed. Thanks for sharing. The hospital was very unprofessional... =(

Emergency C-sect is my nightmare now. I've been telling my son every other day to make up his mind for me how he wants to come out. If he wants natural, he must make sure right position and come out smoothly. If not, then stay in breech position and go straight to C-section. Hope he 听话。

STmummy

Tiggee: what tests did your gynae do to know you have gestation diabetes?
I trying to eat lesser esp sweet stuff for this 2nd pregnancy but seems to fail. Kept craving for cakes. Seems like baby is also big like my 1st one but will know next week at my check up.

Tiggee

Tiggee: what tests did your gynae do to know you have gestation diabetes?
I trying to eat lesser esp sweet stuff for this 2nd pregnancy but seems to fail. Kept craving for cakes. Seems like baby is also big like my 1st one but will know next week at my check up.
It's because my younger brother has diabetes. So as a precautionary measure. And I've been gaining 3 to 4 kg every gynae appt.

Morning, all mummies. Hope my sharing will not scare you'll. Not everyone will have this problem. I though my sis will also have this experience when she giving birth to her 2nd son (cos we r twin n shifu say our life r all same haha) but she have a nature birth ever a fast wan. She admitted on CNY eve at 1pm her boy boy come out at 2plus.. Is only thing haha is same gender keke ^_^ Every mummies giving birth on jul will have a smooth pregnancy include me keke Jia You Jia You