EDD in June

charllmy

Thanks for sharing Xenxuan! Sounds really scary.. :( you know the success rate for induction labor? I'm worried that need to go for c sect cuz the hospital bill is almost double that from normal delivery! I'm delivering at KK. If deliver normally it's $4000 for A ward, $7000 for c sect. I cannot afford $7000 so now wondering if I should downgrade to B ward before I check in tml. But then, would prefer a room to myself also! :( confused now..

XenXuan

Hmm,I duno the exact success rate,but doctor did told me b4 it's abt 90% ,can't rem as i asked this 2yrs back.. KKH they will start chafing u he moment u admit for prostin induction,means during ur labor time in delivery suite,ur bed is already prepared n charging.. After delivery,they will keep u 24hrs for observation at least.. So meaning at least a 2days stay, 1night in ur ward.. Like for my son's,I was admitted on sat morning,discharged on tue morning.. Total charged was 3days stayed bill.. Where sat till sun nite I was in delivery suite haha.. U could check with them for the ward charges n facilities when u admit..

charllmy

Thanks XenXuan! Im planning to go down tml morning to see the gynae and ask him about the chances of induced labor but end up with c sect.. and also to ask about the price difference in the wards.. not sure if i choose B2 ward but subsequently if it is normal delivery after induction, whether can upgrade back to A ward..

Cant wait for tml to come! Been waiting since last Friday.. such a long wait..

Btw, just now I experienced a 2 second shudder from baby, it was like some vibration in the tummy.. got me scared for a while.. but after that she was moving fine.. anyone had such an experience before?..

XenXuan

Haha dun worry so much.. After insertion of tablet,they will monitor u for about 2hrs to see if there is any rejections or allergies,complications from the baby..if everything ok,u will be send back to ur ward to rest till ur labor starts,there will be at least 5-8hrs after insertion.. Try take a gd rest during these few hrs.. U can try ask if can change ward after tat..I wanted to change to the single bed ward too but they told me no ward available zzz..

echua

Hi all mummies,

don't mind me asking when will you let your baby sit on the stroller? cause if just few month can sit already then i can let my ahyi buy the stroller already. as my ahyi wanna buy a stroller for baby and i scare baby too small cannot sit then put at home kind of block way.

7 more days n my edd is due~ so excited! :D:Dancing_tongue:

GLITTERS

Hi,

i have ordered extra for the below tea bags. email to glitters.spark@gmail.com if you are interested.

Organic Mother's Milk® promotes healthy lactation* and is traditionally used to increase breast milk production.* This traditional combination of anise, fennel and coriander has been used for centuries by European women, often recommended by lactation counselors and medical herbalists. Organic Mother's Milk® is a pleasantly aromatic balance of sweet, spicy and slightly bitter tastes.

Brew Well to be Well®

For maximum benefit, herbal tea must be properly prepared. Pour 8 oz. freshly boiled water over a tea bag in a cup. Cover cup and steep 10 minutes.. These steps directly influence the amount of beneficial components that will end up in your teacup! Gently squeeze the tea bag to release any remaining extract.

Drink three to five cups daily. Sweeten with honey if desired.

Anyone interested in the above? Per box is at $7.50 and postage will be as follows:

1 box - $1.30
2-3 boxes - $1.50
4-7 boxes - $2
8 boxes - $3
Please add $2.24 for registered post.

Alternatively, you may collect the tea bags from Tampines Central.

XenXuan

Hi all mummies,

don't mind me asking when will you let your baby sit on the stroller? cause if just few month can sit already then i can let my ahyi buy the stroller already. as my ahyi wanna buy a stroller for baby and i scare baby too small cannot sit then put at home kind of block way.

7 more days n my edd is due~ so excited! :D:Dancing_tongue:
Strollers have alot diff designs,some can start using since newborn,Full incline type( lie flat type).. if the 1 u have is not able to lie down fully straight then u gotta wait til ur baby able to sit properly then can use(at least 6mths old).. Personal opinion,buy those able to use from newborn(multi incline/sitting position) till up to 15-20kg,single hand locking/handling lightweight stroller.. This should be able to last till baby 2-3yrs old at least.. Maclaren/combi or similar brands have such strollers at $200-$500..

echua

Great. thanks for your info xenxuan. you always gave good info! hehehe.

anyways, is the any special feeling you have before the day you feel your tummy hurting? my edd is 28 and i don't have any special feeling now still. :(

XenXuan

Haha echua, TY n NP,I was v blur n lost when I 1st become a mom,so now juz wanna share n help on what I noe,plus I'm too free at times haha.. No special feeling leh,when I had my son was totally no pain no contractions the whole pregnancy.. Daughter's was filled with Braxton hicks starting from 3rd trimester.. Had mild diarrhea going on at last 2weeks of pregnancy,had me paranoid as they said it might be sign of labor starting in hours or days.. End up both still must wait till go induce labor hahaha.. Me n hubby were prepared for some sudden drama,we even had our taxi drivers friends informed tat we might need their cab during their shift time haha..

echua

Hahaha. this noon, my tummy did feel abit of pain but the feeling of the pain seem like when the day you come da yi ma that type of tummy pain feeling. and after awhile, the pain become like my tummy is pulling together. after awhile nothing already, until now i feel nothing already. how come will like this? i thought baby is coming out already... haha.

XenXuan

Tat might be contractions or Braxton hicks.. When I had my son it felt something like mense coming at the start too,which went on n proceed into something too painful to bear.. So do keep in mind,contractions will keep come every few mins,goes off n come back again,more n more painful gradually till u cannot tahan.. That might means u r in labor or cervix starts opening already..take a shower,change a position,the pain still there n even more painful,it might be it.. Keep tracks of the contractions/pain,how it feels,if get worse or hours don't subside,u might 1 2 get ready 2 go hospital.. I was having braxton hicks all e way when I had my daughter in 3rd trimester,felt so painful,kept thinking it's labor but the pain I still can tahan,I noe it's not le haha..

echua

:( went for the check up today and doc say my cervix didn't open much. Baby inside tummy eat good sleep good wear good don't want to come out yet :( due date on the 28th but if 28th no pain 29th need go back and check again. Any way to help cervix open fast? Ohya, baby grow another 0.45kg!

summertime

:( went for the check up today and doc say my cervix didn't open much. Baby inside tummy eat good sleep good wear good dont't want to come out yet :( due date on the 28th but if 28th no pain 29th need go back and check again. Any way to help cervix open fast? Ohya, baby grow another 0.45kg!

same as me.. me also 28th, still no sign of coming out... my hubby also said eat good sleep good taking his own sweet time.. will be seeing doc on 27th again...

Natal care triplus fish oil for sale

Dear mummies,
Any mummies taking this brand fish oil? I have two new boxes of Natal Care Triplus Fish oil each softgel capsule is 625mg to sell at $55 for 2 boxes (bought at $75). Each box has 30 capsules for one month supply. I just bought 2 weeks ago from my gynae's clinic thinking that I will continue breastfeeding but in the end my factory close after 2 weeks. if you Any mummies interested can SMS me at 84848583. Thank you.

XenXuan

Haha if there is any way to help open cervix faster,i can only tell u its go thru a natural birth b4..2nd or more pregnancy really opens faster n easier,for me n most mummies I've came across..

Haha I've tried some of the ways heard around but still end up with 2 induced labor.. Like walking more in 3rd trimester(stay active but dun tired urself),doing the kegel exercise ,massaging n sex.. Said to be if u r a more sporty/active person,ur cervix will open faster n easier too, No idea how true..

I've heard the nurses saying the more pain u feel,the faster ur cervix open,it's like engaging in pain will trigger faster.. Maybe tats y a few of my frens(n myself for 2nd baby) had deliveries that starts n done within 1hr.. But there's oso some that last quite long despite engaging in pain..

echua

Hahaha. I think that the only way ba... Waiting is the only way but no movement at all :( if 28th no movement yet think 29th will 催生 already. Hopefully 28th baby will wanna come out himself... Haha... Baby Gugu is so excited for baby to come out too... Haha... Keep countdowning

XenXuan

Haha juz keep a relax mind,dun be too anxious,baby will feel u r anxious oso de..

@marchbear,ur breastmilk supply juz closed suddenly after 2weeks ar? I'm taking fenugreek n breastfeeding milk formula for mummy as I'm v scared my supply will stop v soon oso.. I haven been taking any DHA yet but eating fish n eggs daily.. I heard there's ways to resume breastfeeding but need consult doctor..

Preloved Medela single mini electric breastpump for sale

Dear mummies, I have a preloved medela mini single electric breastpump to let go at $80 including one set of brand new personal parts. I've only used it a few times and milk factory supply went low. If interested, SMS me at 84848583. Collection at CCK Mrt station. : ))

hapimint

Re: Preloved Medela single mini electric breastpump for sale

I am a jun 2011 mummy... My ds is born on 18 June.... I was induced as I was suffering from preeclampsia....

Just want to share my experiences so far... And I want to say it is really not easy being a mother....

My dh and I tried hard for this baby and at one point, we were almost sure that we needed help... After months of trying, we were really excited for this bb... Before bb is born, we were convinced to try breastfeeding at all cost... And it seems so easy when we surf the net... It seems to come naturally for all women....I think I have never been so wrong....

I understood that natural birth is better for breast milk so I insisted to try natural birth even though I had past back injury and heart problem when I was young....in the end, due to preeclampsia, my gynae had to induce the birth... After 12 hours, there is still no dilation... So I had to go for c-sect but I was still keen to latch him on immediately so I asked for epidural c-sect even though my family members and dh were against it....

In the end, the doc poked 3 times into my back with no success... Had to go for GA....but I am persistent so my baby was delivered at 1plus but I am already awake and asking for my bb at 2plus....

Anyway, I went on total bf straight away.... However, I must say it is one of the most difficult and emotional thing I had done....I spend the next 4 weeks crying everyday.... During confinement, I was almost going into depression....

My ped told me that my bb has mild jaundice during the 2nd day and I insisted on feeding bm only....we were discharged on the 4th day and I was still so keen on bf that I tear my wound ( gynae sew it back as i went to him immediately after seeing so much blood) as I try to feed him on demand but my ds did not poo and I called the ped who told me to go to her the very next day... That was the moment that I understood that he is
dehydrated and need formula... ( I gave water in between feeds but still no poo)

But it's too late... From mild jaundice, it has shot up and he needed to be admitted... I persisted on bf and admit myself with him and made it room in with me as I bf him then top up with fm.... Finally, I brought him home again.... My bm is still very low and I kept getting depressed that I caused my own son to suffer because of my own insistence...

Every week, I bring him to Polyclinic to check his jaundice level... As I took fenugreek and motilium to up my supply, I also pump every 2 hours or latch then pump, I feel very depressed that it is still very low.... Finally, at about 2 weeks, he refused to latch on and wanted the bottle... I worked harder by pumping every 2 hours and feeding him in between....

Finally, my hubby had enough of my emotional breakdowns and my sleepless zombie look and kept on asking me to give up bf... But I refused to listen..... He decide to bring me to a LC for help.... Her advice is to cut all formula and feed every 2 hours.... I explained to her that my boy had jaundice and I worry it might worsen his condition but she assured me that it will not so I decided to heed her advice....

Within 2 days, it was his weekly check at polyclinic and I went and his jaundice level has shot up again.... I panic and ran back to the ped.... She told me that my boy could be dehydrated again.... I broke down and once again, worsen him due to my own insistence... I went back to pumping every 2 hourly and did not force him to latch anymore...

Finally, during his 1st month check, the ped told me that my boy has breast milk jaundice but I still continue.... Even with all the medication and regular pumping, my supply is still very low, not even half of his requirement per feeding.... I got so demoralized till my family members were starting to get worried about me.....

I keep on feeling that I am a failure till I realized that there are many women like me.... Simply low supply.... And because there were so many success stories online that I kept bashing myself up for being a failure....

My dh and I reached an agreement to give bm till ds is 6 weeks then I would stop and start to take care of myself.... But I cheated and only stopped now....

Maybe it's god's way of telling me that it's okay.... The day I had planned to stop, my menses came and my already low supply went lower and my boy seems to have a very hard time drinking the ebm for the past few days but has no issues with the formula....

I am just writing this not to encourage or discourage people from bf... But I would say that we ony saw the positive examples and never realized that there were so many mothers who had difficulty....