EDD in June'09

chrisgal

I'm feeding my boy cereal and stage one bottled fruits from Healthy Times, organic stuff. He seemed to enjoy. =)
i tot of giving him fruits too.... but i was thinking whether to make him fresh fruit puree myself instead of buying it? what do you think?? will it be more healthier?

yen

wah.. so much water??? haha.... i thought baby /toddler cant have too much water???
Ya they say so... but to me, water is very important... cos my boy is not drinking BM after 1mth old... so with FM should be ok to drink more water to avoid constipation etc. Furthermore, brown rice can be very heaty... Im glad that my boy love to drink water.

yen

i thought of giving him fruits too.... but i was thinking whether to make him fresh fruit puree myself instead of buying it? what do you think?? will it be more healthier?
I feel like giving my boy apples or bananas also.... Think should be ok to start introduce fruits to them now rite?

Astar

My PD recommend feeding papaya and banana for a start. I've tried blending papaya for my boy. He loves it!

Just bought a papaya.. will puree it for him after dinner! =)

Astar

i thought of giving him fruits too.... but i was thinking whether to make him fresh fruit puree myself instead of buying it? what do you think?? will it be more healthier?
Fresh fruit puree is def more nutrious than bottled ones.. But, they require a lot of time and effort to prepare.

At home, I'll pureed the fruits myself and feed him straightaway.. however, when he's in the infant care, i can only resort to giving him bottled ones. I only buy the organic series, to ensure that he gets the next best. :001_302:

chrisgal

Ya they say so... but to me, water is very important... cos my boy is not drinking breast milk after 1mth old... so with FM should be ok to drink more water to avoid constipation etc. Furthermore, brown rice can be very heaty... Im glad that my boy love to drink water.

my boy drinking FM after one mth old tooo :p

chrisgal

Fresh fruit puree is def more nutrious than bottled ones.. But, they require a lot of time and effort to prepare.

At home, I'll pureed the fruits myself and feed him straightaway.. however, when he's in the infant care, i can only resort to giving him bottled ones. I only buy the organic series, to ensure that he gets the next best. :001_302:
my doc say it's better to not feed our bb with other food till 6th mth old.... hee... but i shall jus continue to feed him with the cereal and brown rice cereal on and off.... maybe not everyday ba... fruits it's ok... i still have not try giving him any fruits...

mandymtb

of cos not! welcome! =)

When's your precious borned? Girl or boy? =)
geezz.z... thks :)... my lil one was borned june 18... its a princess

am currently looking for infant care as well... need to go back to work very soon.... wld the mummies here hav any recommendation?

i stayed in the north / yishun area... :)

chrisgal

geezz.z... thks :)... my lil one was borned june 18... its a princess

am currently looking for infant care as well... need to go back to work very soon.... wld the mummies here hav any recommendation?

i stayed in the north / yishun area... :)
hi.... i living in yishun too... haha.... my boy was born on 7th june.... hee

chelle

Wah, Chrisgal, saw ur avatar pic, ur boy so fast knw knw 2 sit on his own! So clever!
My lazy boy dun even knw hw to flip yet...

I started cereals for him recently, he eat when my aunt feed him! When i feed during weekends, he dun like, keep fussing ard, so gave him milk in the end!

Jean Tay

Hi june mummies, hope i am not too late to join in the discussion... my baby princess was born on 14th June 09.

Anyone encounter baby refuse to drink milk from bottle? started work about 1 and half month, past few day my baby gal simply refuse to drink milk, previously she on full breast milk. Now i only b.feed her when i am back from work. Went for injection yesterday, consult doctor he say she was on milk strike...

Any ideas or sugggestion how to solve this problem ? so worry tat she is not having enough nutrition...

MomoMummy

jean: guess u have pump breast milk for her? since u are at work already.. my ger now drinks 160ml if 3 hours interval and 180ml if 4 hours interval..

if you have not enough i guess formula milk is the way out.

I like to ask mommies here.. as for the milk bottle teat.. do you poke or cut to make the hole bigger? i cut but cause i shake the milk bottle by closing the teat and shake then soon the hole got bigger and bigger.. 2 weeks i have to change..

if poke.. how many holes u poke?

chrisgal

Hi june mummies, hope i am not too late to join in the discussion... my baby princess was born on 14th June 09.

Anyone encounter baby refuse to drink milk from bottle? started work about 1 and half month, past few day my baby gal simply refuse to drink milk, previously she on full breast milk. Now i only b.feed her when i am back from work. Went for injection yesterday, consult doctor he say she was on milk strike...

Any ideas or sugggestion how to solve this problem ? so worry that she is not having enough nutrition...
try letting her have pacifer... let her sucks awhile den faster insert the bottle teat into her mouth.... i do this to my boy... u can try

chrisgal

jean: guess you have pump breast milk for her? since you are at work already.. my ger now drinks 160ml if 3 hours interval and 180ml if 4 hours interval..

if you have not enough i guess formula milk is the way out.

I like to ask mommies here.. as for the milk bottle teat.. do you poke or cut to make the hole bigger? i cut but cause i shake the milk bottle by closing the teat and shake then soon the hole got bigger and bigger.. 2 weeks i have to change..

if poke.. how many holes you poke?
there is the teat pin punch holdr.... u can try using that.... i use the punch to punch his teat hole....

chrisgal

Wah, Chrisgal, saw your avatar pic, your boy so fast knw knw 2 sit on his own! So clever!
My lazy boy dont even knw hw to flip yet...

I started cereals for him recently, he eat when my aunt feed him! When i feed during weekends, he dont like, keep fussing around, so gave him milk in the end!
my boyy oni can sit awhile like few second without pple holding him.. after that bomb.. humty dumty had a great fall... haha.... he noe how to turn ard alredi but dun no how to turn back.... i bought the bumbo seat for him... he is sitting well on it... can siit more den 5 min...... good way to let him learn sitting