EDD in June'09

Jean Tay

jean: guess you have pump breast milk for her? since you are at work already.. my ger now drinks 160ml if 3 hours interval and 180ml if 4 hours interval..

if you have not enough i guess formula milk is the way out.

I like to ask mommies here.. as for the milk bottle teat.. do you poke or cut to make the hole bigger? i cut but cause i shake the milk bottle by closing the teat and shake then soon the hole got bigger and bigger.. 2 weeks i have to change..

if poke.. how many holes you poke?
momomummy :Ya last week just started to give formula when i am at work. But she refuse to drink from 8am till i fetch her about 630pm. she only drink about 60ml of milk the most... wow if my ger can drink tat much will be good... seems like she onli wants to latch on...haiz really giving me headache...

Hmmm i use farlin teat puncher to punch hole... punch onli one hole... they have 3 sizes ...

chelle

my boyy oni can sit awhile like few second without pple holding him.. after that bomb.. humty dumty had a great fall... haha.... he know how to turn around alredi but dont no how to turn back.... i bought the bumbo seat for him... he is sitting well on it... can siit more then 5 min...... good way to let him learn sitting

I bought the Bumbo too, but he always slant to a side when sitting in it.
So cute when BB sit in Bumbo!

mandymtb

mummies, how do u all start feeding puree to ur babies? cos i think at this stage they still cant sit very well on their own... do u all then sit ur babies in a high chair?

cos i am taking care of my baby alone... so there's no one ard to help me sit and support her so that i can feed her...

btw, which brand of cereal shld i start her with? any recommendations? :)

chrisgal: so nice..... i aso wan to be stay home mum to take care myself

yen: who knows we may even be in the same hospital then? hahahaha

MomoMummy

Oohhhh... teat hole puncher.. i didnt even know got this thing hehe.. okok i tomorrow must go n buy.. where u all bought it? kiddy palace??

MomoMummy

mummies, how do you all start feeding puree to your babies? cos i think at this stage they still cant sit very well on their own... do you all then sit your babies in a high chair?

cos i am taking care of my baby alone... so there's no one around to help me sit and support her so that i can feed her...

chrisgal: so nice..... i aso want to be stay home mum to take care myself

hi mandy, i let my girl sit on the car seat.. i will bring it up and down though.
my hubby will sometimes surround her with pillows and she sit straight.

now i only feeding her nestle infant cereal. actually its for 6 months but hubby want to buy this so she is more full.. frisocrem ( 4 months onwards ) she gets hungry easily.. 3 hours want milk but nestle infant cereal 4 hours den she will cry for milk.i add one spoon to her milk everytime.

currently "training" her to not push out the cereal.. she just now starting to swallow. feeding her only about 1 tablespoon slowly bit by bit..

chelle

I feed my boy with him sitting on my lap, sometime he is quite ok, but sometime he will try to snatch the bowl of cereal & spoon! Or even kick the bowl, so is very messy when i feed him.

I let him eat the Nestle Brown rice cereal coz sample given by PD. Bought another brand call Healthy Times Brown rice cereal yesterday, he seems to like it too!

chrisgal

Oohhhh... teat hole puncher.. i didnt even know got this thing hehe.. okok i tomorrow must go n buy.. where you all bought it? kiddy palace??
ya.. bought in kiddy palace... if i'm not wrong brand should be ferlin. 3 size... so i think ur bb is able to use the s size now.... haha...

chrisgal

hi mandy, i let my girl sit on the car seat.. i will bring it up and down though.
my hubby will sometimes surround her with pillows and she sit straight.

now i only feeding her nestle infant cereal. actually its for 6 months but hubby want to buy this so she is more full.. frisocrem ( 4 months onwards ) she gets hungry easily.. 3 hours want milk but nestle infant cereal 4 hours then she will cry for milk.i add one spoon to her milk everytime.

currently "training" her to not push out the cereal.. she just now starting to swallow. feeding her only about 1 tablespoon slowly bit by bit..
everytime i spoonfeed my baby for one full bowl of cereal... hee.... and he can eat all... but of coz i got to clear up the mess he did... haha.... he is drinking a bout 190ml to 200ml of milk alredi... wah... big drinker huh....

mandymtb

how is all your baby weiging now??? my boy is weighing at 8.4kg.. haha....
my gal lasy measure was at coming to 6kg last mth....

seems like ll the babies here drink alot of milk compared to mine... my gal is drinking like 90 - 100ml every 3 hrs... and sometimes she cant even finish the full 120ml i gave her... is this something i shld worry bout?

yen

mummies, how do you all start feeding puree to your babies? cos i think at this stage they still cant sit very well on their own... do you all then sit your babies in a high chair?

cos i am taking care of my baby alone... so there's no one around to help me sit and support her so that i can feed her...

chrisgal: so nice..... i aso want to be stay home mum to take care myself

Hihi...

Oh ya.... u gave birth at which hospital? I gave birth at tmc... hhehehe

yen

how is all your baby weiging now??? my boy is weighing at 8.4kg.. haha....

My boy was weighing ard 6.5kg during the 2nd 6-in-1 jab... will bring him for his last jab soon... will update here with his latest weight after the jab...

yen

my gal lasy measure was at coming to 6kg last month....

seems like ll the babies here drink alot of milk compared to mine... my gal is drinking like 90 - 100ml every 3 hours... and sometimes she cant even finish the full 120ml i gave her... is this something i shld worry bout?

Hihi,

I think its common and i believe alot of our babies here got the same prob... my boy also cun finish 150ml at times... sometimes only finish 120ml... but these 2weeks finish most of the time i think is cos of the rainy season... can get hungry easily during cold weather huh..? hehe

mandymtb

Hihi...

Oh ya.... you gave birth at which hospital? I gave birth at Thomson Medical Center... hhehehe
me at Mt A... :)

initially wanted to go TMC, then my fren was telling me the rooms at MT A is bigger and nicer... i stayed once at TMC when i was bout 2 mth preggy as i kept vomitting tilll i lost too much weight and was dehydrated, realised the nurses not as friendly as those at MT A.

mandymtb

Hihi,

I think its common and i believe alot of our babies here got the same prob... my boy also cun finish 150ml at times... sometimes only finish 120ml... but these 2weeks finish most of the time i think is cos of the rainy season... can get hungry easily during cold weather huh..? hehe
but is 90ml abit too little for their age now??

am going for her next prevenar jab nxt week... prolly will ask bb doc then...

chrisgal

my gal lasy measure was at coming to 6kg last month....

seems like ll the babies here drink alot of milk compared to mine... my gal is drinking like 90 - 100ml every 3 hours... and sometimes she cant even finish the full 120ml i gave her... is this something i shld worry bout?
u can try to feed her halfway and stop ... burp her... den let her rest a few min and try feeding again... sometimes baby tired sucking the milk teat too long... they need rest too.... haha

chrisgal

Hihi...

Oh ya.... you gave birth at which hospital? I gave birth at Thomson Medical Center... hhehehe
my baby also giving birth in thomson medical

i fed my baby on the high chair.... if i'm outside i feed him on the stroller....

chrisgal

me at Mt A... :)

initially wanted to go Thomson Medical Center, then my friend was telling me the rooms at MT A is bigger and nicer... i stayed once at Thomson Medical Center when i was bout 2 month preggy as i kept vomitting tilll i lost too much weight and was dehydrated, realised the nurses not as friendly as those at MT A.
i truly the nurses there is not friendly..... think i will go mt A next time