EDD in November 2009

godloved

Actually my gal oso sees PD (Prof Sam) in KKH, PCC. But the last I saw him he wasn't too worried...then at the polyclinic, the doctor seems more worried but since next month have check den I will see how..also will have review at KKH soon..but now Polyclinics have most of the jabs and Rotavirus oral med so it's actually quite convenient..maybe I will just keep both sides the appointments for now until proven that my gal is ok..the good thing is she can be quite steady when we hold her or sit her up..she just dun like tummy time..sigh..worried..

Sufeit: I tried to put her on tummy all the time, tried to put her on me (koala hug) but she fusses a great deal..like the world was gonna collapse like that, see liao I heart pain leh...but anyway thanks for sharing..just keeping fingers crossed so far..:)

sufeit0115

Hi Sufeit

Which pediatrician are you seeing at KK? Is it at PCC? What's your schedule for his neonatal check ups?
Sorry to have confused u cos i wrote neonatal check up (hee cos not enough sleep)...i went to children surgery centre for follow up on baby's scalp wound cos he got this abscess infection on the scalp last year end. Then the doctor also checked his growth development.

Last edited:

sufeit0115

Actually my gal also sees pediatrician (Prof Sam) in Kandang Kerbau Hospital, PCC. But the last I saw him he wasn't too worried...then at the polyclinic, the doctor seems more worried but since next month have check then I will see how..also will have review at Kandang Kerbau Hospital soon..but now Polyclinics have most of the jabs and Rotavirus oral med so it's actually quite convenient..maybe I will just keep both sides the appointments for now until proven that my gal is ok..the good thing is she can be quite steady when we hold her or sit her up..she just dont like tummy time..sigh..worried..

Sufeit: I tried to put her on tummy all the time, tried to put her on me (koala hug) but she fusses a great deal..like the world was gonna collapse like that, see I heart pain ...but anyway thanks for sharing..just keeping fingers crossed so far..:)
Me also worried, hope our baby will have strong neck very soon!!

BbpHir3

Yes, nice to meet up with mummies and the little ones. we should do this more often as the little ones grow up so they have 'playmates' around their age whilst mummy can gossip and have coffee. haha..

woah, 313 from Ion is far.. dont tell me you walked?
no lahz.. i took mrt.. 1 stop only!! hahaha.......

Actually my gal also sees pediatrician (Prof Sam) in Kandang Kerbau Hospital, PCC. But the last I saw him he wasn't too worried...then at the polyclinic, the doctor seems more worried but since next month have check then I will see how..also will have review at Kandang Kerbau Hospital soon..but now Polyclinics have most of the jabs and Rotavirus oral med so it's actually quite convenient..maybe I will just keep both sides the appointments for now until proven that my gal is ok..the good thing is she can be quite steady when we hold her or sit her up..she just dont like tummy time..sigh..worried..

Sufeit: I tried to put her on tummy all the time, tried to put her on me (koala hug) but she fusses a great deal..like the world was gonna collapse like that, see I heart pain ...but anyway thanks for sharing..just keeping fingers crossed so far..:)
M oso c A/Prof Sam.. he do everything, but he dun explain until u keep asking!!

godloved

:shyxxx::) Ok back with new qns to ask: Milk rash on my gal's cheeks is super bad..any tips? CNY coming soon..must be mei mei by then..and every Sunday go in-laws place also kena...

bbphir3: so qiao to both be seeing prof sam..maybe we'll see each other 1 day at PCC..:)

Now everyday my prayer for her is: strong neck strong neck, no rash no rash..:tlaugh:

adelynn

:shyxxx::) Ok back with new qns to ask: Milk rash on my gal's cheeks is super bad..any tips? CNY coming soon..must be mei mei by then..and every Sunday go in-laws place also kena...

bbphir3: so qiao to both be seeing prof sam..maybe we'll see each other 1 day at PCC..:)

Now everyday my prayer for her is: strong neck strong neck, no rash no rash..:tlaugh:
How come go in-laws place then will kena milk rash? For milk rash, the best thing is to keep clean. If you are BF-ing, clean your breasts before letting baby latch on, after feed clean baby's face/mouth area with cotton balls with cooled boiled water.

Personally i use California Baby's calendula cream to apply to chase any rash on her face.

adelynn

my girl initially also disliked tummy time. what i did to slowly 'get her used' to tummy time was to first place her on a bolster, so that she is not directly flat on the bed. then after she got used to the bolster, i changed it to a flat rectangular cushion (bought from ikea) which is lower than the bolster. then i place her flat on the bed for the REAL tummy time. Haha.

What we also did was to place her favourite toys in front of her whilst she was on the bolster/cushion/flat on the bed so that she can be 'distracted' by her toys whilst exercising her neck muscles. this also helps them 'find' their hands and learn to use their hands whilst on the tummy.

hope this helps :)

BbpHir3

wipe her face after feeding.. den use this aloe vera gel call Jorubi.. apply twice a day after bath/ wipes... M's rashes are nowhere to be found.. except back of his neck.. lol!!

M only c prof sam for the thyroid follow-up.. n the development check.. so the next time tat M'll be c-ing him will be end of year liaoz~~ the regular pd i bring him to is at TPY.. for vaccination etc, at polyclinic..

godloved

How come go in-laws place then will kena milk rash?

Opps I meant to say, with the rash, I go in-laws I kena #$@*#$ by them, no need to wait for new year already kena questioned..:embarrassed:

For milk rash, the best thing is to keep clean. If you are BF-ing, clean your breasts before letting baby latch on, after feed clean baby's face/mouth area with cotton balls with cooled boiled water.

I do clean myself before feeds but I have to admit after feeds I sometimes just use tissue to dab dab, cos she will sleep and if I use water she will wake and fuss, looks like bo bian have to incur her fussing these few days liaozz

Personally i use California Baby's calendula cream to apply to chase any rash on her face.

It's a natural cream? Cos my gal has the habit of eating her fists after rubbing face...:err: I scared that she will eat creams/gels that I apply. How do you keep it from letting baby ingest the cream?
:Dancing_tongue:
Thanks for sharing..pls advice further on my questions..sorry i quoted your whole msg and just elaborate in red...cos not sure now to quote in parts..:shyxxx:

Last edited:

godloved

wipe her face after feeding.. then use this aloe vera gel call Jorubi.. apply twice a day after bath/ wipes... M's rashes are nowhere to be found.. except back of his neck.. lol!!

M only c prof sam for the thyroid follow-up.. n the development check.. so the next time that M'll be c-ing him will be end of year liaoz~~ the regular pediatrician i bring him to is at TPY.. for vaccination etc, at polyclinic..
Same question regarding the gel as my prev post: Is is natural? How do you apply it and not let the baby accidentally ingest when for example she rubs face then stuffs fists into mouth...Thanks...

godloved

my girl initially also disliked tummy time. what i did to slowly 'get her used' to tummy time was to first place her on a bolster, so that she is not directly flat on the bed. then after she got used to the bolster, i changed it to a flat rectangular cushion (bought from ikea) which is lower than the bolster. then i place her flat on the bed for the REAL tummy time. Haha.

What we also did was to place her favourite toys in front of her whilst she was on the bolster/cushion/flat on the bed so that she can be 'distracted' by her toys whilst exercising her neck muscles. this also helps them 'find' their hands and learn to use their hands whilst on the tummy.

hope this helps :)
Thanks for the "progressive stages to tummy time" tips..I go try try soon..keeping my fingers crossed..:)

BbpHir3

Same question regarding the gel as my prev post: Is is natural? How do you apply it and not let the baby accidentally ingest when for example she rubs face then stuffs fists into mouth...Thanks...
it'll be absorb into their skin.. juz apply a thin layer can liaoz.. if apply too much, the skin wun be able to absorb as fast oso mahz~~ o!! n if u squeeze out too much accidentally, juz apply on their body or any other parts oso can.. got the moisturising effect..
Thanks for the "progressive stages to tummy time" tips..I go try try soon..keeping my fingers crossed..:)
start off when she's in a good mood, den turn her sideways, dun put her on tummy immediately.. slowly let her "fall" onto her tummy.. with your support.. boost her confidence level~~

sufeit0115

Hi BbpHir3 & adelynn mummies, u all provided so good advice on how to train strong neck baby!! Will definitely try out! After few days of tummy time, my baby's neck seemed little bit stronger now.

BbpHir3

Hi BbpHir3 & adelynn mummies, u all provided so good advice on how to train strong neck baby!! Will definitely try out! After few days of tummy time, my baby's neck seemed little bit stronger now.
lol!!! glad to be of help!! it's the pace darling.. juz dun rush him.. he'll soon learn!!

adelynn

Godloved: To rid of milk rash, the way to do it is usually keep clean & persistence :) Understand that you do not want to 'wake' her after her feeds, try using water that's warm so that it will not 'shock' her to wake up? i find that warm water works for my girl better cuz if too cold she will 'let me know'

for the face cream, just apply a thin layer and it will be quickly absorbed by the skin. then you won't have to worry about her eating the cream - my hubby KS, will put her hands in her pants for awhile to let the skin absorb, then he will release after he's happy that its fully absorbed.

Sufeit0115: haha, glad it helps. hope the 'little tricks' i use on my girl works for others too. :)

yyt47

To BbpHir3: If you are more comfortable with Swensens then Swensens it will be, all other mummies okay? Do you think they accept reservations so that we dont't need to wait? If so, can you make the arrangements for reservations?

To felzdown: I hope all's well with both baby and you and would love to hear the good news from you. Keep me updated via SMS :)

To sufeit0115: Guessed you must have been so busy with work & baby after returning to work thats why MIA. :D I can't imagine how it would be like for me when i return to work in 2 weeks time *sighs* I also wish to be a stay at home mum :( Next one we'll arrange for a weekend meet up so even after we all return to work, can still keep in touch!

To godloved: Of course welcome!!! The more the merrier; regardless of babies birthday. The main 'aim' here is for us mummies (and daddies if any) to share about parenting tips and for the little ones to have playmates around the same age :D

To Cony: I've PM you my hp number.

So girls, since we decided on date - This thursday (04/02/10), timing say 1PM?
How about we meet up at Orchard MRT control station (Orchard ION side) and then head to Swensens?
Looks like i have missed the outing u all had last wk...me also Nov mummy..heeee.i would love to join in next time then...** sigh..going back to work after the CNY...gonna miss my little darling...

cony

Hi BbpHir3 & adelynn mummies, you all provided so good advice on how to train strong neck baby!! Will definitely try out! After few days of tummy time, my baby's neck seemed little bit stronger now.
Hi, sufeit! My son doesn't have a strong neck as well (I think so) in spite of he's 2 months 2 weeks. Doctor said it's normal, if neck is strong in 3 months. I even don't know how understand if the neck is strong enough for this time or not? Really strong neck will be only in 6 moth, doesn't it?

godloved

adelynn: can i know where you buy the California Baby's calendula cream please? I am thinking of alternating the creams / gels that both you and bbphir3 recommend. So far I only managed to see the jorubi..

So far my princess's rash seems to be going down bit by bit..hopefully in time for the CNY visiting..:wong29:

I have to say Jorubi is pretty good for now thanks to bbphir3 for introducing..is it only at guardian? watson's didn't have it when i checked..

But I realised that most creams/gels contain urea..is it baby safe?..of cos got other funny chemical names as well..

Any idea how often is the max to wipe the face? I scared I wipe to much end up abrasion...sorry i m paranoid here but really heart pain to see her face so rashed up...:embarrassed:

many thanks to all the sharing of tips

BbpHir3

BbpHir3, Adelynn thanks for a good company last Thursday! Your babies are really cute :)
welcome!! thank you!!

adelynn: can i know where you buy the California Baby's calendula cream please? I am thinking of alternating the creams / gels that both you and bbphir3 recommend. So far I only managed to see the jorubi..

So far my princess's rash seems to be going down bit by bit..hopefully in time for the CNY visiting..:wong29:

I have to say Jorubi is pretty good for now thanks to bbphir3 for introducing..is it only at guardian? watson's didn't have it when i checked..

But I realised that most creams/gels contain urea..is it baby safe?..of cos got other funny chemical names as well..

Any idea how often is the max to wipe the face? I scared I wipe to much end up abrasion...sorry i m paranoid here but really heart pain to see her face so rashed up...:embarrassed:

many thanks to all the sharing of tips
i bought jorubi from kiddy palace lei.. so far, no bad~~

my elder gal is using Dr Atopeace prescribe by the pd for her sensitive skin.. but it can be bought off the shelf from AMKpolyclinic.. i heard that it contains steroid "ingredient".. but after checking with the pd, she said it's very minimal and the "ingredient" used is not a core ingredient for steroids.. disadvantage is that, my gal seem to need to rely on it alot.. meaning have to apply at least once a week, but pd reassured us that we can use it regularly/ daily..