EDD in Sept 2011

Carisella

mei2009
i jus did my ds scan ystd
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica] its is routine test the oscar test is simliar to Down Syndrome test. first the scan is done where the doc measures following things
crown rump lenght (CRL)
Nuchal Translucency (NT)
the above two factors they compare in form of a graph against the existing statistics they have they also check other miscellaneous stuff ...its a detail scan based on the scan they will determine whether amnio or CVS is required
[/FONT]
the results are given to you immediately
Did the radiologist say have to see the face?

Yst i went to TMC to scan.. Baby keep showing us backside and jumping around.. Then the lady frown and said, "Aiya, I wanna see the baby face"

Yst she measured a lot of things.. I thot they will measure the neck only.. but rather she had lots of other measurements too like listening to the heartbeat, look at the face, measuring legs and hands, measuring around the head.

By the way, Mine is just the Normal Down Syndrome test..

I paid 231.50 for Down Syndrome Test and 20th week Detailed Scan..

Engineer

Hi Carisella, yes she saw the baby face i paid 160 dollars ... yea they measure a few things tat are listed in the report

mei2009

Thanks, Engineer! My info sheet says blood test and the translucency thing only...

And Carisella, you paid only $231 for both down screening and 20th week detailed scan?? That's so cheap! it's US$290 just for the down screening for me! =(

Carisella

Carisella i also stay at Bukit batok .. where do you stay exactly
West Ave 8 =)

mei 2009 : ya.. both $231. I was actually very shock that it's so cheap cos i heard from other mommies that it's more ex for themselves too..

Engineer : Didn't go prenatal classes.. not free to go @.@

i hope so.. just taking things at 1 time.. dont want to think so much and hope baby is fine and growing happily.. but lately getting morning sickness more and affecting my work.. just had the chills and seen the doc..
doc even tell me not to take med if possible but he gave me anti botics. dont feel like taking it and just rest at home more often..

oh i am going for the D.S test around march in T C M too.. hope its not too costly...
is it fun to see the baby jumping? my hubby want to go for every scan as he cant wait to see the baby grow inside and always want to try to listen for heartbeat..
i told him how to hear with our normal ears :001_302::shyxxx:

what is the prenatal classes about??

Carisella

i hope so.. just taking things at 1 time.. dont want to think so much and hope baby is fine and growing happily.. but lately getting morning sickness more and affecting my work.. just had the chills and seen the doc..
doc even tell me not to take med if possible but he gave me anti botics. dont feel like taking it and just rest at home more often..

oh i am going for the D.S test around march in T C M too.. hope its not too costly...
is it fun to see the baby jumping? my hubby want to go for every scan as he cant wait to see the baby grow inside and always want to try to listen for heartbeat..
i told him how to hear with our normal ears :001_302::shyxxx:

what is the prenatal classes about??
Hi RabbitMummy,

Went for the D.S Scan on the 22 of this month.. Paid for the package which included DS scan and 20th week detailed scan @ $231.50.

My baby very naughty. Radiologist said baby need to be lying flat down, but then baby keep "standing" up.. even did a "breakdance" for us to see ~_~" (head was downwards and body was moving here and there)

I drank lots and lots of water and at one point bladder was so full, the baby's head looks like it got stuck at the corner cos bladder pressing onto the waterbag (see liao so sad, so poor thing).

Finally went for Lunchie ~_~ and went back to scan again!! Finally, the little bugger lies flat down and looks like he/she is asleep.. so cute.. I scanned 5 to 6 times.. I think 5 times.. Scanned from 8.50am to 1.30pm @.@"

I think if you're like me at night cannot sleep at all (i think that's the time when my baby is super active, i can sleep like a pig during the day but at night, can't sleep already, but i don't sleep in the day so....) EAT VERY FULL before you go for the scan!!
Make baby SLP!! lol!! Else you'll end up suffering like me.. i drank like 5 600ml bottles of water @.@" Explode!!

Stickybb

Hi sisters,

Me EDD suppose to be 1 Oct 2011.

I m currently 8 weeks pregnant but unfortunately, my gynae told me that my bb heartbeats was very weak on Monday nite. On tue afternoon, I rushed to KKH for another scan and was told bb heartbeats has stopped.

I m devastated.... I try very very very hard to get pregnant. This is second time my bb has no heartbeat le. 4 years ago, I hv a bad experience too. I dont understand why it keeps happening to me.

Do you all think, I shld go to another gynae for 3rd opinion? coz KKH already arranged for me to go for another scan on next monday moring and D&C after that.

Haiz.... very very very tired and age is not on my side too...

Hope I can get some advises frm the sisters here....

Hi RabbitMummy,

Went for the D.S Scan on the 22 of this month.. Paid for the package which included DS scan and 20th week detailed scan @ $231.50.

My baby very naughty. Radiologist said baby need to be lying flat down, but then baby keep "standing" up.. even did a "breakdance" for us to see ~_~" (head was downwards and body was moving here and there)

I drank lots and lots of water and at one point bladder was so full, the baby's head looks like it got stuck at the corner cos bladder pressing onto the waterbag (see liao so sad, so poor thing).

Finally went for Lunchie ~_~ and went back to scan again!! Finally, the little bugger lies flat down and looks like he/she is asleep.. so cute.. I scanned 5 to 6 times.. I think 5 times.. Scanned from 8.50am to 1.30pm @.@"

I think if you're like me at night cannot sleep at all (i think that's the time when my baby is super active, i can sleep like a pig during the day but at night, can't sleep already, but i don't sleep in the day so....) EAT VERY FULL before you go for the scan!!
Make baby SLP!! lol!! Else you'll end up suffering like me.. i drank like 5 600ml bottles of water @.@" Explode!!
20th Week scan? your baby is 12 weeks right? sorry abit confused with 20th week scan about.

that sounds so fun.. will update once i go for the scan.

i will wake up in the middle of the night like 3am or 5am... @@ i am super tired out.. tonight still got evening class until 10:30pm.. dont know how i am going to survive like this.. lol

i was on mc yesterday and i slept in the afternoon more then 4 hrs straight and much better.. if my baby is a night baby then i will have trouble... lol....

Hi sisters,

Me EDD suppose to be 1 Oct 2011.

I m currently 8 weeks pregnant but unfortunately, my gynae told me that my bb heartbeats was very weak on Monday nite. On tue afternoon, I rushed to KKH for another scan and was told bb heartbeats has stopped.

I m devastated.... I try very very very hard to get pregnant. This is second time my bb has no heartbeat le. 4 years ago, I hv a bad experience too. I dont understand why it keeps happening to me.

Do you all think, I shld go to another gynae for 3rd opinion? coz KKH already arranged for me to go for another scan on next monday moring and D&C after that.

Haiz.... very very very tired and age is not on my side too...

Hope I can get some advises frm the sisters here....
hi stickybb, sorry to hear that i am not sure what to say as i am going through a hard preg. too with the spotting problem like miscarriage is just very high too. Only thing i can do is pray everyday and night that baby will be ok.

take care

Qian1984

Hellooo stickybb! Hellooo Engineer! Nice to see new members here~ :)

sorry, i just briefly read through all your posts so my reply here abit rojak. haha..

actually do u all think we must to go prenatal class? dunno what is it abt & feeling lazy to go..

Carisella: ur description of scan is soo cute, so detailed! made me looking fwd to my next scan this Sat! but doc nv mentioned to me abt any Down Syndrome test before.. *shrugs

Mei2009: US hospitals are definitely more exp. somemore USD leh.. faster come back lah! lol~ i'll be in my 11th wk this Sat's scan, will update more when i'm back then!

Rabbitmummy: u see the working world is realistic de, so contract end means end.. if you need, can come work for me as telemarketer bah.. :)

stickybb: hmmm.. feel sad for u.. i cried when i heard my fren (whom had been trying for 5yrs) had bb's heartbeat stopped for the 2nd time... is devastating.. but hor.. u shld get gynae no. 2's opinion if u dun quite trust your current one. do it fast though, cos hor sometimes heartbeat stopped may be due to an ectopic pregnancy, prolonging this inside your body will harm or kill u.. *touchwood lah but is true~

Really hope to meet up with u all soon~ i've been so bored these days.. but one thing good coming is, i dun seemed to be feeling nauseous anymore! YEAH~ think my body hv started to adjust accordingly.. but when i looked into the mirror, no matter how i tried to tuck in my stomach, there's a bump tt's very obvious~ my hubby still say wan to take a pic of it. zzz.. but it just feel so miraculous! =)

Stickybb

Hi Qian1984,

Thanks for your advise.

I m quite sure mine is not ectopic pregnancy. I have seen my pte gynae Dr Koh Cheng Huat and also rushed to KKH to see Dr SF Loh. Both never said i hv ectopic pregnancy except bb heartbeat stops. Haiz... Dr Loh told me out of 5 prenancy 1 will be like that... I m speechless...

Qian1984

Hi Qian1984,

Thanks for your advise.

I m quite sure mine is not ectopic pregnancy. I have seen my pte gynae Dr Koh Cheng Huat and also rushed to KKH to see Dr SF Loh. Both never said i hv ectopic pregnancy except bb heartbeat stops. Haiz... Dr Loh told me out of 5 prenancy 1 will be like that... I m speechless...
ohhh okok.. so what can u do with it now ?

Carisella

20th Week scan? your baby is 12 weeks right? sorry abit confused with 20th week scan about.

that sounds so fun.. will update once i go for the scan.

i will wake up in the middle of the night like 3am or 5am... @@ i am super tired out.. tonight still got evening class until 10:30pm.. dont know how i am going to survive like this.. lol

i was on mc yesterday and i slept in the afternoon more then 4 hrs straight and much better.. if my baby is a night baby then i will have trouble... lol....
I cannot sleep at night at all.. But Lucky I'm used to irregular sleep hours even before I became pregnant, so I am super used to it!!

the 20th week scanning is Detailed Scanning. I went to TMC on Tuesday and paid the price for both 12th week Down Syndrome Scan and 20th week Detailed scanning.

Weird, I wonder how the "dear son" typo came out.. hmm.. it's suppose to be Down Syndrome Scan.. not dear son.. I don't even know the sex of my baby yet.. lol

Carisella

Hi Qian1984,

Thanks for your advise.

Did you ask your gynae for advise on how to avoid the same thing from happening?
So sad to hear such a thing and worst is you don't even know what's going on or what has been done wrong = (
Stay Strong!!

mei2009

stickybb, I feel very sad for you =( So you've seen two doctors. If you want, try a third one. If results are unfortunately the same, have to move on - take care of yourself, nourish with TCM, and try again! I wish you all the best....

I'm interested to take prenatal classes like what I saw on TV (especially the drama ming zhong zhu ding wo ai ni haha!!) but sighs, I have to do research in this unfamiliar country! So I may just give up and continue with my pilates class. Pilates works for pregnancy and helps in delivery too.

Stickybb

Dear sisters,

Seriously I duno what is the cause of it....

KKH already took bloodtest for m/c profiles but results not out yet. Me and my dh oso paid $740 for a chromosone test to see anything wrong with us or not.

Now is god's will le.... mayb i juz wait til Monday morning then do another scan on bb ba.... if really stil can detect then I will hv to let go. :embarrassed:

Carisella

Dear sisters,

Seriously I duno what is the cause of it....

KKH already took bloodtest for m/c profiles but results not out yet. Me and my dh oso paid $740 for a chromosone test to see anything wrong with us or not.

Now is god's will le.... mayb i juz wait til Monday morning then do another scan on bb ba.... if really stil can detect then I will hv to let go. :embarrassed:
Sorry if i sound rude, but according to what you said, you also had the same experience 4 years ago? Why didn't they do a test for you that time? Letting a couple go through the same pain is ridiculously horrid.

Hope that everything turns out ok.. try talking to your baby at night and try not to stress yourself out ok?

Stickybb

Yalor, I was under Dr Koh too during first time. Shldnt hv go back to him this time but silly me never thot of anything. But this time, due to my m/c history and my age, he jab me weekly and ask me to take progesterone tablets everyday. But stil....

Last time, I didn't know can do so many test to determine the cause of m/c. But this time round, I go to Dr SF Loh then he ordered for bloodtest. Haiz... I m too innocent le, never think of anything.