EDD Jan 2013

Asphere

Dragontail: no worries. its normal. you dun get nausea everyday de :)
6weeks+ can hear bb heartbeat lor.. keke...
when is your check?

Hey ladies, I'm also going to try without epi. Until cannot cannot tahan then maybe Epi. but I'd rather opt for gas if I can endure. Play by ear I suppose.

Also I have a question. I'm 35 weeks and have not had braxton hicks. Or I had but was completely oblivious to it. Is that normal? I'm worried when contractions come I wouldnt know or it'll be too painful cause I have no "practise labour"

Hikari

Dragontail: Haha so fast 6 weeks plus..not like me I dint even knw I was preggy until 8-9 weeks so blur of me..at that time I found out can hear heartbeat alrdy.You have no idea how many preggy ladies wanna be in ur place. No nausea after awhile..my first tri whole period I thrw up so often that I lost weight..until nw I only gained abt 4-5kg? Tummy still so small..boohoo..all the other Jan mummies "outcast" me.Wahahaha!

Asphere: Haha see I rmb! Thats why I hear le I even more unwilling to take epidural. Plus my mum kep telling me "Girl ah, try not to take the injection unless you really cannot..23 years ago I gave birth to you I coward took the injection until today every moment I am regretting cos my back hurts so bad every single day!"

Melanie Massang:Yup going to take laughing gas too..but think will rch a stage where it will be too painful cos laughing gas is just to make you feel groggy and high and distract u frm the pain.It doesnt exactly numb you. Me also dunno how contractions feel feel..later gg to give birth alrdy also blur blur dk..but my advice is to take extra care now and monitor every single feeling when in doubt better to ring the doctor and ask cos its the crucial period now we dont know what is going to happen.better safe than sorry.so must kiasu abit.Lol

Asphere

Hikari: we never outcast you hor!!! anyhow said.. the most is Aksoh bully u nia hor..

laughing gas no effect on me .. plus got weird smell.. dun like..
hmm contraction i think everyone different feeling.. just monitor if u feel tightness and relax and tightness again most prob u are going labour soon :D

Hikari- I agree! 2 weeks ago, my baby didnt move for 16 hrs. SCARE ME! cause she's usually very very active, all through the night as well. When I did'nt feel her move, I went down to the delivery suite and they checked baby's movement and heartbeat for me. Luckily they say baby's heartbeat strong, but unable to give me reason as to why baby didn't move. 3/4way through checkup, Caitlyn started kicking again. RELIEF. so yes, I completely agree with the whole kiasu bit. First pregnancy somemore, no idea what's happening, only know when smth not right. haha.

Asphere: I also hear epidural as many side effects as we age. One main reason why i wanna try going natural though I'm so afraid! The other reason is cost. Nurse advice: 500-600 for administering (inserting needle n tube) then per dosage is 300-400. Plus if u need extra dosage, add another 300-400. ZOMG. liddat close to 1.5k for 2 dosages >< Already my delivery charges 90th percentile = 4k plus. haven't add in ward and baby ward. :( PLUS confinement need to spend, baby arrival home cleaning/baby items need to spend... My hubby's and my bonus for the year GONE. in 1 mth.

i aim laughing gas too. That y at the prenatal class i most attentive is how to control breathing n how to use laughing gas. Coz if use wrongly no effect. Nowaday i can practice breathing when my hubby massage my aching back..

Hikari: we envy you still can walk so fast leh...

Melanie Massang: i think is normal. So fast experience like me feel v scary de.. So long didnt have menses cramp feeling. Keep reminding me that after birth im going experience it again.

Dragontail: ya.. like what Hikari said. Many will envy you. Eat as much as you can since it disappear. I been sick since im 2 weeks preg till 17 weeks.. Lost 5kg....

minkx

Asphere, yeap yeap I'm delivering at TMC~

LeeTham, I'm doing great today~ finally a day of no dizzy spells! ( :x scare say too early) Telling my girl every night not to ganchiong.. must lun passed this week so I can attend my bro's wedding.. ^^

About cord blood donation, I already sign agreement for the donation and packed the documents into bag liao ^^ At first I tot have to go down kkh to sign the form.. then after calling they tell me their staff will meet me, hooray~ So few wks ago, met w their staff at tiong bahru plaza and signed the agreement. If you are not taking private banking or donating, the cord blood and etc will be discarded at hospital.

Asphere

Melanie Massang: yah dun waste the money on epi if really can take it. coz i wasted the money and didnt even use 1/4 of it lor. its like full pack intact. i am so pissed with myself after tat .. haha.. my hb still ask can store for #2 anot.. faint.
haha

mybeautyrights: dunno leh they teach i use but still no effect so i slp through instead..

Asphere

minkx: must meet them de? my gynae's assistant ask me to call the donation organisation and will tell me more.. i tot just sign in hospital can liao.. so ma fan still must meet up?
think i better do it fast.. haha ..coz hope the blood cord can save others too.. help others = help self keke..

Asphere

mybeautyrights: same thinking lor.. dunno y too haha.. i haven even read lor.. tonite then go read. haha.. but i noe must call them lah.
keep telling urself epi too ex breadger dun like.. :D

Asphere

haha ... the donation of the cord blood no need me to feel the needle mah.. so okie lah.. if need to poke me i faint~

Got.. u see step 5..

"This stage involves the collection of blood sample from the expectant Mother before delivery. Approximately 30mls of blood will be collected and used for the evaluation of infectious diseases. This procedure is necessary to ensure that all cord blood units collected are free of any potentially transmissible disease and is safe for a cord blood transplant."

I think I not doing blood banking... I think the chances of my baby getting some halth problems later in life quite low lei... Hubby and I no medical condition in family. Not even asthema. Plus not really sure what this cord banking is... Leaflet enver really explain much. Only serious things like cancer and stuff ><