EDD Jan 2013

Hikari

im thinking of going to TMC too but KKH much cheaper plus my hubby is a civil servant so I dont pay for most things..but than again private hospital is much better right?nt so sure so need some advice on this.yup Melanie:we are just being extra careful but doc says the risk is higher in older mummies.im 23 and hubby is 24 but we are going to play safe and do it anws..im already 12 weeks plus so I gotta rush to check now.put my own mind at ease=)

senscgal

To me, it doesnt really matter if it's dress or separates. The clinic has a little blanket to cover the bottom if I wear a dress. Whichever you're more comfortable with.

The OSCAR scan does take much longer than normal gynae visit scan.

Thanks Asphere and Dragontail! I will wear separates for the Oscar scan! I will be 13 weeks tmr so perhaps, might get lucky and know the baby's gender scan during a more thorough scan. For my previous scan, the baby was "sleeping" so I didn't manage to see any movements. Perhaps we'll be lucky this sat ;)

Asphere, will you be doing your OSCAR scan at TMC as well? My gynae is also from WC Cheng Clinic as well - Dr LC Cheng. He's very friendly as well.

Melanie, I hope you find a gynae you are comfortable with. Initially, I thought having a male gynae would be awkward but surprising, he is very friendly and puts you at ease! :)

Last edited:

senscgal

When exactly does the second trimester starts? I read in some books that it is the end of 13 weeks.. I was told by someone that it was end of 12 weeks?

Asphere

Hikari- wah then you confirm will save alot as ur hb is civil servant. I go TMC coz the gynae is there haha and i stay punggol nearer for me to tmc :) and from my work place is direct route there.... but i heard bad comment for kk so i do not want to go there. heard nuh not bad too for public hospital.senscgal - yup i will be doing at tmc also.. the cost is very high.. $470 for the scan, then $600 for the package. n not to forget $60-$70 for blood test.I think 2nd trimester starts on the 13 weeks..

Hikari: Yea! I think the cut off date is week 13 for the scan right? Wow young mummy too! I'm 20 this year, hubby 29. But Doc says it's nothing to do with husband's age. My results came back with very good results. Phew. I'm attending KK cause husband is in the army and I'm in the civil service. KK IS cheaper, but you can pay just a little more for the private suite. I'm seeing my docs there now. very posh comfy place, no rush, waiting time is fast and very convinient, all the scannings are done there. Even medication as well! It's exactly like private clinic, but with gov subs (esp if hubby in civil service). I'm currently 13 weeks and 5 days :D Can't wait till 2nd trimester starts.Senscgal: 14 week is the start of your 2nd trimester, get this app called "baby center pregnancy", its good! gives tips on how to handle pregnancy. A more calendar, count down sort would be "period tracker" it estimates your due date and gives u a personal countdown, u can also log ur feelings, thoughts and symptoms. And regarding male gynae's... My husband is very protective, he doesnt wish for me to see a male gynae -.- to me, no prefrence so it's fine. I'm just not very happy with KT Tan.

Asphere: I'm pretty sure 1st timester ends on the 13th week, starts on the 14th week. Oh! The private suite package also $600! but includes blood test. per visit is about 100 plus. but i think will have subsidy if in civil service. I'll have to check with hubby. the hospital deducts from his pay haha! Oh no, bad comments about kk? about the common wards or the private suite?

Hikari

Haha yeap Asphere and Melanie:trying to save money by taking advantage of the fact that hubby is civil servant so we can use csc card for most things.haha!well I heard that in KKH that when ure due,the midwife will deliver for you,not the doctor unless there's some complications or you require c-section.I was appalled!How can get someone other than a doc to deliver for me?Yea frm what I knw civil servant even if you upgrade to private suite or what got further subsidy.The first official scan I went inclusive of check up(height and weight taking/blood pressure),blood test,urine test,doctor consultation and medicine..i think we didnt pay for anything,use csc card.

Hikari- CSC card means deduct from hubby's pay right? OMG ISIT? thats awful *wrinkle nose* Heng ar, I sign up for private suite. At least from what I know the doctors you consult with will be with you all the way till after birth. I dont want weird people I'm not comfortable with delivering by baby! Do you happen to know how much ur hubby can claim? I'm new to civil service, so not sure what are the benefits. over subsidy? or can claim? my HR not replying me....

Dragontail

I read that Thomson Medical OSCAR test price is kinda steep? KKH charged me $321 nett for both scan and blood tests.

And it's not true that KKH doesnt have a gynae doc to deliver your baby.

I'm speaking this not because I'm with KKH gynae. It's because I know gfs who delivered there wasnt like that.

Asphere

i think midwife deliver only when the doc is handling another delivery? most of time i guess the doc will be there to deliver.

Dragon and Asphere: Yup I think you guys are right. So weird to not have a doc deliver you. Unless all docs happen to be at another location delivering babies. HAHA! but what are the odds? IM ON THE LAST DAY OF MY FIRST TRIMESTER!!!! so happy! I think during 2nd trimester then I'll tell all my friends =) The risk of miscarraige is now super duper low. happy happy. And I was thinking of switching gynae to dr june tan or... Shen Li or smth like that. anyone has any experience with these two ladies??

Asphere

Melanie, I do not have experience with them ..I am in week 12 ++ and only a couple of good frenz already know :) i do not intend to tell any people unless they ask..

Hikari

Yea man.I dun feel safe with someone other than a doc helping me to deliver.Melanie:I nv heard of much gynae names yet,will go check it out soon.My mum ask me to go TMC deliver because the lady who deliver me and all my cousins is still there.Hahah.Oh yeah civil service card have a certain amt per year u can claim,if u go over limits they will deduct frm the dependant's pay but I think the amount they deduct is only a percentage of the total bill.I will go clarify with my hubby again,he six years in army should knw le ba heehee.Later in the afternn im going for the down syndrome test at kkh..wish me the best!I only 3mths plus but quite kiasu,chose names for my kids already.heee.Anw Melanie its gd that u tell ur frens after ur second tri,chinese gt belief that u shdnt announce ur pregnancy until the baby is at least 3mths..cos baby very sensitive at that time..plus if u tell pple before baby is stable,if anything unfortunate happen..very hard to tell people also.so now at 3mths plus I can go and announce alrdy..=DD

Asphere and Hikari- OMG we're all in the same boat. ahahaha Don't tell until they ask.... for now! Omg. My husband in army for 9 years and he still dunno -.- Oh! Hikari! If your family doctor is there good good! at least you know you'll be in safe hands. Don't worry about the down syndrome test! You'll be perfectly okay! Young mummy! And I'm So glad I dont have to pick chinese names cause Hubby is Eurasian. MUAHAHA! *evil laugh* so so so wanna share your baby names?! One question: What's your gender preference and what's your hubby's gender preference?

Asphere

wah no chinese name?keke I hope my baby is boy. so that I can pass down his brother's clothes to him and i can save on clothes and toys :) my hb keeps saying boy or girl is ok. but i know deep down him, he still prefers boy.you all may be thinking i am crazy but actually i am already starting to search for chinese name for my baby.however so far only looking at boy's name :) keke we are choosing name after those scholars, poets etc of the olden times.wonder if any of you are as crazy as me :)not thinking of English name as we already decided :Dif boy will be Aaden and girl will be Yvette kiasu right :)

Hikari

Melanie:Yeap.haha.But if I go to TMC sure will cost a bomb!!I know the risk of down syndrome is not high but still wanna go check to have peace of mind.hee.Thanks for being so sweet though.Oh we very kiasu,the day I found out I was preggy Hubby go buy Baby name book alrdy.so more or less we know what to name the baby.They always say gender dont matter as long as baby come out healthy and happy.But I still secretly hope for a girl..because baby girl got more clothes to buy,can dress up like Barbie.My mummy also tell me she want a girl.heh.Hubby say he dont mind..Oh btw most prolly gonna name my baby Roxanne if she's a girl,it means "sunrise" and Zion if its a boy it means "sign from God"..lol..what abt u?

AWWW!!! I WANT A BOY TOO! Haha, but hubby wants a girl. It's just childish banter between us and I think we both don't mind any gender. I think I want a boy because I always wanted an older brother? So, my 2nd one I want a girl -.- Told my hubby and he started poking fun at me. Haha. YEA! no chinese names. HENG AR! I cant even pronounce chinese properly, much less research on them.:shyxxx: So Paiseh... Chinese but mandarin so bad. ahaha. I got my names picked out too!! If boy: Anton Scott Massang. If girl: Analeigh Jean Massang. OMG SO PRECIOUS!

Hikari

Asphere..not kiasu la.I also the same.hahah just want the best for our kids mah.Aaden and Yvette is nice!I think Chinese names my parents sure pull me go see those shifu to count the strokes or something cos thats what they did with me.But I thought of naming my Boy Zi En and my girl Le Xuan.I most kiasu out of all of you lei..omg sound like aunty alrdy.=S

OMG lol Hikari I started laughing (sorry) when u said your hubby bought a baby's name book when he found out ur preggers. Cute la you two. Yea, baby so ex in Singapore >< I wanted twins (lol greedy) but thought the better of it. One at a time... pocket wont tear so fast. And I agree with the "doesnt matter what gender, as long as the baby is healthy" but deep down, we all have our dreams of either dressing your baby girl up or running around in the sand with your little boy.

Oh yea, analeigh means "favoured grace/ favour of grace" and Anton means "Worthy of praise/Highly praise-worthy/ beyond praise"