EDD Jan 2013

My weight gain has been about 3 kg so far. But I don't look like I gain 3 kg. For me, when I gain weight, my face is the first to show... Maybe uterus and water retention? I have NO idea. I'm afraid I'm gaining too fast >< Oh yea, how old should the child be before we stop breastfeeding?

senscgal

Ajen : I have pm you the contact no.

Dragontail : I have gained about 1.5kg since being pregnant. My doctor has not mentioned anything or indicated that I should eat more.. but he did say that it's important to stay hydrated at all times. Melanie, my face is a bit chubbier as everyone seems to comment ;P

Lee Tham : I agree with dragontail. I have also been advised to stay away from raw food or semi-cooked food to avoid living bacteria.. I miss my sunny side up egg, sushi, etc.. but better safe then sorry~ I want to eat mussels but husband don't think I should eat them while being pregnant.. My husband gained weight too with me being pregnant.. from all the food that I never finish esp during the first trimester~~

I still visit sakae sushi.. but no salmon items (unless cooked).. I have the gyoza or chicken katsudon while my huband eats the hana maki and salmon sashimi~~

Asphere

Melanie : some said 6mths some said as long as there is still milk supply. must take more fish soup n papaya so milk supply will be more keke :)i miss all the raw food too..but according to my jap n korean frenz they said in their culture preggies also take the raw food..but my mom keep saying singaporeans different coz we dun grow up eating raw so often so better dun take..but i am not taking crabs as crabs belong to the "cold" food.. not good for baby..

LeeTham

Try not to take too much seafood during pregnant period..cos my friend did one experiement between 1st child n 2nd child. For her 1st..she is very guai..she dun take seafood or any food thats 'cold'...baby come out skin nice nice.. 2nd baby...she eat everything including seafood..baby come out easily get skin allergy n rashes.. therefore she told dont take seafood during pregnant period. Thats why i m holding back on seafood during these period of time. Drink lots of soya will give baby nice skin :)

LeeTham

bird nest don't take too much...cos the tiny hair in the bird nest which we can't see with our eyes..will cause baby to have higher chance of getting asthma. Drink milk is fine :) today i started drinking "Pura Milk" not bad for the taste. If any mum don't like the after milk taste...can try Pura Milk. :)

Asphere

i think i must go try the pura milk since you all recommend.. haha so far i only drink the meiji milk haha..

senscgal

I was just thinking of having chilli crabs and mantou buns over the weekend~ sigh~ Appreciate if you ladies could list out some examples of 'cold' food.. i do wonder if they have such a list on the website though..

LeeTham

These few days i have been sleeping alot...more then my 1st trim. izzit okay anot...i keep feeling restless..be it sitting or standing..end up my husb ask go lay down..i tot 2nd trim should be more awake. Humm...maybe the feeling of waiting for next appointment to come make me restless...hehe (wan to see how baby getting on)

LeeTham

Mangosteen - cold
Big banana - cold (nice looking clean cut type)
Watermelon - cold
Pineapple Big No No
Coconut - not at the 2rd trim
Kangkong
Bitter gourd

Gem2505

Mangosteen - cold
Big banana - cold (nice looking clean cut type)
Watermelon - cold
Pineapple Big No No
Coconut - not at the 2rd trim
Kangkong
Bitter gourd
NO GRASS JELLY! its one of the "coolest" food... i love it with the milk tea at KOI. im gonna miss it for the next 6months. =(

Asphere

no english tea no koi!!! (ang mo teh very cold)no caffine (not cold but not healthy)no shark fin (not cold but high in mercury)bean sprout - coldgreen bean - cold

Gem2505

Gem2505: you hope for ger and i hope for boy so can recycle the clothes..you #1 also born on yr 2011?my #1 also 2011 :) my is 4 march kekehope you get to see the gender tomorrow. Do update us so we can add onto the score board :)
aiyo.. unable to see gender. tried to peep between the legs for 3 times. it was shut tightly. -_-" so cant see. =(
next appt is 5 weeks time for detailed scan.. gotta wait till then.. =)

Asphere

LeeTham high 5.I learn this during my last preg, everyone was telling me go sweet talk to baby if really wanna see the gender if not baby will keep hiding.