EDD Jan 2013

senscgal

Hi Ladies,

I have a scan this Wednesday and if it is confirmed that it is a boy (prev scan at 13.5 weeks, saw a "possible" birdie but too small to be confirmed).. I am considering the name - Adam. Ofcourse, not too sure if hubby is 100% agreeable to the name at this stage. I haven't really tracked my weight.. since my last appt with the doctor.. a bit scared to see the slow yet increasing weight nos ;P

hellotoyou : A couple of ladies including me wake up several times at night to relieve our bladder. After that, I will drink half a glass of water coz I feel so thirsty... Haven't bought any tummy support pillow. Not sure where to buy them in singapore. I do see them online but if include overseas shipping cost, might be a bit ex..

Leetham : No swollen palms yet.. but I'm still at 18 weeks plus.. so perhaps it will come out at later stages. I do however have a recurring eczema on my hands since I got pregnant. Eczema flared up once I was in my second trimester... sigh~~ Not really sure what you should do if you have swollen hands (less typing??), coz it's encourage to put your feet up if you have swollen feet~~

Dragontail : Stay positive always!! And baby dusts for the next upcoming cycles!! I met up with my gf last weekend and she didn't know if she wanted to try again in the next few cycles coz she still feel emotionally traumatised. She only has 2 weeks of leave and is considering to extend her leave. Hopefully, she will recover soon! Take care!!

Crystaloves : I will consider the option of buying a fetal doppler after my scan ;) Thanks for sharing the info!

lish

Yesterday I felt a soft thud in the belly, then I looked down and saw a ripple somewhere below the belly button. Is this the baby's movement? I'm so excited, it's the first time I'm feeling this.

Working mummies, gambatte for Mondays!!

LeeTham

senscgal : Congrates! You goin to name ur boy ADAM?? Seem Jan baby boy will have name starting with A ah..hehe
Aspher - Aaden, Leetham - Asher and Senscgal - Adam :)

This pregnancy make me kind memorie lost...I can't rememeber who is having baby gals?? so sorry...

Lish: that should be a kick frm your little one. These few days I really can feel my little one kicks...ohh..the feel is so cute..when he kicks, we talk to him...he respond by kicking at times..During night when he kicks...i told him..don't play liao..is late time to slp, then he stop kicking...so cute right.. I really hope when he is born...he dont be so awake at 11plus pm!

LeeTham

Asphere: izzit true, when we sleep early..next time our baby will also sleep early all the way from like 8pm to next day morning?...

Sian ah..I discuss with my hub about buying the playpen..result...is a NO NO :( he said there's not enough space for it. Cos we havent got our own place yet.. plus..we are working in a family mini mart store, there's no space to put a playpen in the shop. THen i said where our boy going to claw on? My hub said on the mini mart floor lor.!! at the moment i feel like kicking his head. He said wan to train our boy in get use to dirty or else his immuse system not strong to fight dirt! Then i said dirty also must have a limit mah...too dirty cannot lah.
Then he said...let Asher use walker in the shop lor...(havent learn to claw 1st, will learn to walk). I told my hub..next time when our boy go NS..he will tell the officer : " SIR, i dun knw how to claw cos i din learn it when i was a baby." hahaha

Last edited:
I miss out many posts. Lol.

Confinement lady is really expensive during CNY, $3500++. My MIL cant help out due to work and they say maid not good. Since im not working, i have to learn from confinement lady on how to take care and take care of BB myself.

For my weight (17 weeks now), i manage to gain 3 kg out of the 5kg i lost within 1 week after i can take in more food n drink.

Lish: so gd that you can see a ripple, i can only feel the thud. Cant wait to see BB limbs pushing out.. LOL

LeeTham: i dont think sleeping early works. My friend forced herself to sleep at 9pm every night, but hernewborn BB refused to sleep until 3 am. Think it really depends

lish

LeeTham: So nice your bb responds when you talk to him. Very guai wor haha

mybeautyrights: Yah, $3500 very ex, but it will be good have have extra hands around when you need them. I have not decided if I want confinement lady yet. I'm thinking of getting mom to stay over and supervise while I handle bb myself.

LeeTham

Mybeautyrights: I also not getting any confirment aunty..will be home alone with my baby..while my mum goes to work n she will cook the food for me in the morning n evening before going to work n return frm work. so during day time I'm all by myself and baby.
About feeling baby kicks...at 1st my thinking was like yours...waiting to see my baby limbs pushing out on my tummy when he kicks..my hub laugh n laugh..he even use a pen to draw a baby foot on his own tummy!! he said at this point of the moment, is not possible to see baby limb pushing out of the tummy. At the moment, only feel the tub tub feeling under my thick thick layer of fats..haha
My hub even tell my Father in law what i'm looking for from our baby kick! and show the pen drawn little footprint on his tummy. My father in law also laugh...End up i became a joke for that day.

LeeTham

Lish: once we selected a name for our boy...we make it a point to call him by his name..so that he will recogise the name when we call him. :)

Asphere

LeeTham: for me is my 1st preg i auto slp very early no idea why. but to certain pt i believe it works coz i think baby use to my slping time but i think it depend on the baby too. i was told that my 1st born is v guai as he start to slp through when is he 2 mth old. nv wake up and cry till but wake up early to drink milk. keke crawl inside minimart floor? but customers shoes v dirty leh..my confinement i am going to stay over at my mom's place :Di think i should start calling my baby by his name..haven really started on doing that yet.. :)actually i quite worry my baby is going to be active at nite coz this preg normally i feel his little action at nite.but so far not that much movement. i guess maybe must wait till 18 weeks or more to feel bah. and i keep telling my hb that must be i too fat already cant feel much of baby movement. sigh~ sometime get abit worry too :(

LeeTham

Asphere: I also can't really feel the movement of the baby..expect kicks. Last Friday my Gynae ask me whether I felt any movement of the baby...:( i said i can't feel it.
I also told my hub that customers' shoes are very dirty..we have cleaner coming in to the shop..i said their shoes steps into the bin centre and all over the place...tat's why my hub said...put ASHER on walker.. skip the learning step of clawing. *faint*
I will be doing my confirment at my parents' place (Tampines)..my hub won't be around cos he has to attend to the shop while i'm not around during confinement period. So I will be handling our baby alone during night time...that's why how wonderful will that be when my baby can slp thru out the night. Yesterday my mum ask me why look like a PANDA suddenly!! sad leh.

Asphere

my boy is 18mth on the 4 sept. and he is going to school on the 3rd sept haha.. wanna let me mom rest till the 2nd one arrived. my confinement is at Bedok Reservoir Road haha we are so near :D keke ...

Hikari

Asphere:I think minkx is having baby girl?lish:that must feel amazing!I am quite sure that it is your little one kicking you.cant wait for my turn to feel that wonderful feeling too!LeeTham:yeah all January boys going to be A!Almost everyone knows their baby's gender already,can call them by name also.Me still gotta wait,everytime talk my baby still cannot call him/her by name.So sad=(.Anyone knows when can start to feel baby kick?Im currently going on 19 weeks?only feel the bubbly feeling like when you're hungry..isit cos baby too small?

Asphere

Hikari: yah minkx is having a ger if i rem correctly too.. me too only have bubbly feeling. i also suspect my baby is small. sigh~ make me worry only..some say 18 weeks onwards will feel and those who have kids before will feel earlier but i dun think so leh..sigh~

LeeTham

Hikari: havent seen Minkx around lately ah. Bubbly feeling can be baby kicking leh. no worry u will feel the kick tub tub feeling next week when u enter 20 week :)
Do u know our baby 20 week is only the size of our palm. That's wat the sonographer told me last Wed during my detail scan. :)