EDD Jan 2013

Hikari

Haha u better eat soon.if my baby will keep sending u signal.Mummy feed me!!
mybeautyrights:haha another doraemon lover!eat ice cream for dessert!curb ur craving.yoghurt also gd!

Heehee.. Hikari, I was like not feeling satisfied after food n I told my hubby ice cream was mentioned 2 days in a row.. He promise to buy me 1 tomorrow. So I eat yogurt for the time being..

Hikari

LeeTham:sounds yummy.so lucky.Hubby buy food for u,spoil u!Hahah.Hungry sure eat fast one!Me if hungry everything also gobble down!

mybeautyrights:haha make him buy a few tubs.can keep and slowly take out to eat.

Eeyoremum

Hi all.. Hope it's not too late to join all mummies here.. My edd is 27jan. Just wonder have u ladies booked any confinement nanny? Need some advise.. :001_302:

Hikari

Eeyoremum:Welcome to the thread and congrats on being a mummy!Knw bb's gender yet?Ooh reg confinement nanny,if im nt wrong most of our edds near CNY.so either very hard to find nanny willing to do or they charge very high.Normally I think its ard 2000++ off peak?Me and my Hubby kinda discussed alrdy,we will be getting a maid and order those tingkat confinement food or my grandma will cook for me daily.At least with the maid,after I go back to work still gt someone to tidy the hse/humour the baby.=)

Eeyoremum

Hikari: thanks. We dunno the gender yet. But the detail scan will be next week. :) I check the rate it's ard 3-4k. But my mil trying to help us save money by asking me dun hire confinement lei.. This is my first bb so I worry as I was pretty weak b4 my pregnant. So now dunno to hire or not..:eek:10:

Hikari

Haha.My detailed scan on 14th sept!Yea confinement lady very ex.Well ,im quite weak before preggy too.Immune system very bad always tio fever/flu/whatever..after preggy become worse..cos cannot take certain anti-biotics..can only tahan and let body heal by itself for the sake of baby.My first baby too!unplanned actually..cos me and my Hubby still young..honestly when i found out,the thought of nt keeping the baby flashed thru my mind for a split second.I rmb crying alot that day..but now Im so glad I made the right choice,seeing/feeling my little one grow is the best feeling ever..even though the pregnancy isn't easy,I have no regrets.Its ur choice whether to hire or not,I think its too ex though.But if having a confinement lady eases ur mind,maybe u should=)

Eeyoremum

Really?! My detail scan is 13sept. 1 day earlier than urs. Hehe.. I have thyroid problem. So, menses irregular. I'd been trying for a few times and my 1st got miscarriage b4 it form. I'm so happy to have this bb and thanks god its growing well. I'm so eager to see it. If I had a ultrascan mc. I sure scan everyday to see it! Haha.. It's nice talking to u! ;)

LeeTham

Hi Eeyoremum welcome. We also not getting confirment nanny...too ex. We would like to try handling ourselves n learn from it. My mum n MIL will be helping me. When we handle this confirment ourselves..next time we can help to look after our grandchildren!! Hehe...am i thinking too far ahead?? Hehe

minkx

hello mommies~
aa im away for sometime le, so much discussion gg on~

@Asphere thanks for the email! jus check w you the cream u use is specifically for baby diaper rash? i saw on gmarket but cudnt find in watsons'. is it packaged in a white tube form?

nt hiring confinement nanny cos it's really too expensive... MIL is getting one of her close fren (an auntie whom hubby n me knows well) to come during daytime help out w chores and take care of bb.. will bao a gd angpao for her. nt sure if its a gd plan but can only walk one step see on step le..

im nt planning to take parentcraft classes.. save money. aiyo vr nervous cos i really dunno how to bath bb, change diaper.. wad breathing technique etc! will i be fine leaving nature to take its course? on my own, i'm just doing extra reading, googling .. *whimpers*

Hikari

LeeTham:exact sentiments..xingku abit for that mth nvm..at least Ill have my elders ard to help me throughout..not too worried bout that.Haha where gt think too far?Time flies..I never knew Ill have this day so soon.gonna have my baby before i turn 24.this year has been like a whirlwind for me..from party girl to mummy.gave up smoking,drinking for my baby.Baby helping me to grow up=D

Eeyoremum:I see..my menses was irregular too.Sometimes I can miss for two months or so..than when come only 3 days finish alrdy.So when my period never come,I dint knw i was preggy.I abit ashamed,everyone try so hard to get baby..I didnt try and tio alrdy.,and I dint wanna keep at the start,so chan gui!Used to have unprotected sex with my ex bf/s,nv ever got preggy before..until now..barely 5mths after my ROM last December,I got preggy alrdy.I think its really fate!So going to treasure my little one well=)

Hi Eeyoremum.. I booked a confinement lady few weeks ago. I was told that I booked quite late as their booking has already reached march. My EDD on 31 jan. the lady charge me $3,700. She say CNY is 50% more. My health is quite weak too so we decided to take so that I can take this opportunity to nurse my health. My mum health not good to take care of me n bb. My MIL used to take confinement lady too so she is clueless on how to assist me.. If you want to take, the popular ones are either booked or refused to work on CNY

Last edited:

FirstTimeDad

Wow, youmummies-to-be sure can chat a lot.
I've to spendfew hours just to catch up what you ladies chats......
Now for myupdate:
6[SUP]th[/SUP]appointment (20 weeks) at KKH - ADC + TPS
This time is to do a detailed ultrasound scan(anomaly scan). Everything seem to be good and within the range, except we can’tsee Baby’s gender, kana blocked by Baby legs. Have to wait till nextappointment (25 Sep). Oh, yes and mywife glucose level (urine test) shoot up, doctor has warned her to control hersugar intake.
Mywife’s morning sickness is not getting any better. Most of the times, afterfinishing her meal, 10 minutes later she will be in bathroom vomiting. I’ve askedDoctor to prescribe more ‘Promethazine Theoclate’ to relief her nausea, which shenormally takes during dinner time.
Planningto buy two Playpens, one put in my home and the other put in my MIL’s home. Ipersonally loved Graco brand Playpen but it is too expensive to purchase two. Lastweek went to John Little Sale, and this week went to Robinsons Sale atSingapore Expo, saw Shears Playpen less than $100. Will discuss with my wifeagain, because Baby Expo 2012 coming next month, 26-28 Oct at Singapore Expo.Have to start buying Baby stuffs now.
Yes,confinement lady price now is so expensive especially during CNY. Last time I heardis around $2.8k. We should set-up a Confinement Centre, like those in Taiwan,where Mummy and Baby can do confinement in the Centre, and we’ll be RICH!!!. Discussedwith my wife and decided to let my MIL handle my wife’s confinement as whombetter to know my wife’s habit than her very own Mum.

Eeyoremum

icic.. thanks all for the advise. all ladies here having the 1st bb too? actually earlier on we decide not to have CL but i afraid that i can't handle the bb at night as my mil suggest that she comes in day time and I'll do the part at night. so she ask me to slp and rest at day time and do the caring at night. however i was a bit worried that my body is too weak to wake up. coz haven experience being birth. :confused:

Asphere

Eeyoremum: welcome~~ i am not hiring confinement lady too.. so expensive.. my mom will cook for me keke.minkx: the cream is in round bottle. you cant get from watson. it is for rashes for body but i used when the buttock got rash too keke. v good cream i would said. seriously dun buy from guardian coz v expensive. you email and ask for current promo. cheaper :) Ladies: i had bad dream last nite.. dreamt that baby is well but small.. freak me out sigh~~ i very sian sia..

icekacang

Hi all pretty mummies! Ytd went for checkup and doctor said that it's a ger! Haha! This is my 1st child and kind of excited!! :)