EDD Jan 2014

bellybuttony

are your babies in the correct position to come out via natural birth yet? how's all mom doing? I'm doing good. visiting gynae every 2 weeks already. was told she's fatter and is long.. maybe taking my size and husband's height! fatty. hehe.

babytazz

Belly: maybe your bb is big build. Not fatty la... Reaching third trimester, I also visiting my gynae once in two weeks. I started having leg cramps. Not sure if it's because it's too cold. Within this 1 month, had two series of flu. Now is my second and considered worse flu. Feeling terrible.

bellybuttony

babytazz, weather these few days are really cold.. better keep yourself warm. I just recovered from my flu not long, it took quite a fair bit of time to recover. maybe cos I didn't take any medication except taking some lemon EOs and vit C, on top of those prenatal vits, dha etc, to help myself. have you tried taking vitamin C? this should help. :) take care of yourself! :)

Rzena

Take care babytazz! Hope u are getting better now...
Now quite a number of pple around me falling sick, keeping my fingers crossed that I won't kena. :p

Anyone packed their hospital bag already? I'm just going to start.... so exciting, we're at the last leg of the pregnancy liao!

Exciting! Am in wk 32 and visiting dr this wkend!

what to bring to hospital ah. Need sterilizer n breast pump..?

has anyone decided on whether to take epidural? Initially I told everyone that I will (try) not take epidural.. But.....From wat I watch n hear so far, I think I will go for it!

babytazz

No need sterilize or pump, pump can loan from hospital. I can't recall what to bring for the bag. Haha.. But basically is your clothes including nightwear if at private hospital and baby's clothes & receiving blanket. Toiletries too.
I'm not going for epidural. No exp how bad it may be coz my preemie boy came out very fast. I used only laughing gas.

babytazz

Take care babytazz! Hope you are getting better now...
Now quite a number of pple around me falling sick, keeping my fingers crossed that I won't kena. :p

Anyone packed their hospital bag already? I'm just going to start.... so exciting, we're at the last leg of the pregnancy !
Thanks Rzena! I'm still down with flu but yes it's better.

Rzena

I delivered at week 39 for my first boy who weighed 3.4kg, without epidural... I will be attempting no epidural again for this time!

Missy10

Haven packed the bag, but things are more or less prepared, except for stocking up of diapers n maternity pad

Hi mummies, I am organising this mingling session for pregnant moms and those with young babies on 8 December as an early Christmas gift. Join me to learn bonding through touch. Here is the link.

Rzena

what stuff is required to pack for the mummy's bag to be brought to hospital?
Sharing what I pack in mine. Basically 2 groups of things to bring... 1 group are the things for mummy:
* disposable panties
* extra maternity pads
* jacket or cardigan to keep warm
* socks / slippers
* toiletries
* plastic bags for dirty clothes
* nursing bras and pads
* nipple cream
* front button top for nursing
* sarong or loose baggy pants
* 1 set of going home clothes
* massage oil
* light snacks / beverages
* water bottle
* towel
* some reading material / notebook
* handphone charger
* camera and camera batt charger
* marriage cert for birth registration
* Doctor's letter

Then 1 group for the baby:
* mittens
* booties
* baby cap
* 1 set of going home clothes and swaddle/receiving blanket
* baby oil / diaper cream
* some extra disposable diapers

illuz

Hi Rzena,

thank you for sharing such a detailed list. May I ask how many disposable panties do we need? Is there a special type to buy for maternity or just normal ones in bigger sizes? And for maternity pads, do you suggest those loop types or adhesive?

how are all the mummies? Anybody experiencing sharp pain at pelvic and/or cramps like menstrual cramps? I experienced both in the past few days. Is that normal?

babytazz

Most likely hospital will give disposable diapers so maybe not necessary?
Bring along the maternity expenses receipts to claim. Up to $450.

Kpo add in some answers... hehe... Maternity pads, I prefer adhesive. Disposable panties I think is to be used till the blood decreases. It's for convenience so you don't have to wash too many stuff. I buy guardian free size cotton type. Find it good quality and reasonable price. Cheaper than maternity ones.

If you are having cramps like menstrual ones and is frequent (ie pain for x mins every 30 mins), you need to highlight to your gynae in case it is case of contractions. Sharp pain at pelvic might be due to bb head pressing on pelvic.

illuz

Thks babytazz! Am I too early to be experiencing all these symptoms? So afraid that baby will arrive early!

babytazz

Thks babytazz! Am I too early to be experiencing all these symptoms? So afraid that baby will arrive early!
Pelvic pain for some is not uncommon. But if you exp those menstrual cramp and is frequent, you need to pay attn to it and inform gynae immediately. If it is contractions and one that is too early, you will be directed to go hospital. Hospital will give you jabs to boost bb growth if necessary and medicines/drips to try delaying or stop contractions.

Rzena

illuz, I just bought a packet of 7 disposable maternity panties for about $3-4 i think. Bought from those kind of budget cheap cheap store from my mother's neighbourhood market. Agree with babytazz that disposable panties are more for convenience coz no need to wash. First few days will bleed more (I delivered naturally the last time) so could leak easily. I used the loop type of maternity pads for the first few days (i recalled for first day I used 2 loop pads together), then when the lochia gets less then I change to adhesive type.

Gabrielle, maternity pads can buy from most convenience stores. They are longer than the normal menses pads, and the cushion is softer so it won't hurt so much especially if you have stitches down there. But ofcoz you can also buy those kind of normal overnight pads if you prefer.