EDD Jan 2014

nidellia

ha one of the nights, hubby was listening to my tummy. he sd he was able to hear bb heartbeat amidst the water sounds. ha, my live Doppler.. we kept very quiet, no talking, no tv and no other sound. so amazing. then ytd he wanted to hear again...hahaha then he could hear the heart beat slightly but bb moving and he could hear the moving sound of bb..

Missy10

nidellia:812706 said:
ha one of the nights, hubby was listening to my tummy. he sd he was able to hear bb heartbeat amidst the water sounds. ha, my live Doppler.. we kept very quiet, no talking, no tv and no other sound. so amazing. then ytd he wanted to hear again...hahaha then he could hear the heart beat slightly but bb moving and he could hear the moving sound of bb..
My hubby too.... he claimed to hear sound other than my heartbeat and his entertainment of every night he came home is to look at my tummy, touch the tummy.... and keep saying its so round and he is proud of it when we go supermarket..... man's ego....

illuz

For me the best way to feel the tapping sound is by lying flat, place 2 palms on my lower ab with slight pressure. I don't always feel it though, cos she is sleeping and quiet most of the times. At my scan yesterday, I had to shake my tummy to wake her up. Despite doing that, she only move her arms a little, shrug, and went back to sleep! At my Oscar, she didn't wake up at all!

Oh.. Such a sleepy girl..

My hubby like to listen to my tummy every night too. But I suspect he is hearing more water and digestion sounds rather than baby moving haha

Will ask my htb to do that tonight and see if he can hear something. but i always tease him that he's deaf so he won't be hearing anything...hahaha...maybe a stethoscope will help him...hehehe

Lush

haha that is so sweet nidellia. always feel very heartwarm-ed when husbands take part in our pregnancy process unlike my hubby only pat pat my tummy once in a few days and goes off to bed :/ , are you on singapore motherhood forum too? saw a similar id there too.

Last edited:

Lush

For me the best way to feel the tapping sound is by lying flat, place 2 palms on my lower ab with slight pressure. I don't always feel it though, cos she is sleeping and quiet most of the times. At my scan yesterday, I had to shake my tummy to wake her up. Despite doing that, she only move her arms a little, shrug, and went back to sleep! At my Oscar, she didn't wake up at all!

Oh.. Such a sleepy girl..

My hubby like to listen to my tummy every night too. But I suspect he is hearing more water and digestion sounds rather than baby moving haha

haha mine was opposite from you, my bb was active during oscar that my gynae say if she continue bouncing around it would be very hard to get a clear scan. but next scan onwards my bb was always sleeping, gynae said it might be due to walking too much as walking causes rocking movement in our pelvic region and it rocks the bb to sleep, that is why he say you are able to feel most fluttering movements when we are lying very still :)

Missy10

Lush:812802 said:
haha that is so sweet nidellia. always feel very heartwarm-ed when husbands take part in our pregnancy process unlike my hubby only pat pat my tummy once in a few days and goes off to bed :/ , are you on singapore motherhood forum too? saw a similar id there too.
You can try this, i make hubby bid goodbye before he go work every morning at the door, he will say, "baby, daddy going work, guai guai, dun bully mummy, see you tonight"

In bed, he will say "baby, time to sleep, so mummy can sleep, good night"

sooner or later, it will become a habit for hubbies to take part, :D

Last edited:
Hahaha...i do the same missy. Everytime i sleep in my htb's house, i will ask him to have "quality time" with the baby during the night. But normally, he won't listen to my tummy, when i lie down, he will just look at my tummy then talk to the baby. He's team "Blue" I'm team "Pink". Hopefully by tomorrow, we will know which team will win. My preggy friend is confirmed belonging to Team Pink, hopefully, we are on the same team...hahahaha

LynetteN

I find prob now is most of our bumps look like as if we fat :(
Lush I'm in similar state as u, nearly same EDD , bump similar and hubby similar. I told my hubby if he don't talk more our baby will mistook my loud and naggy colleague to be his/ her father.

illuz

Lush I'm in similar state as u, nearly same EDD , bump similar and hubby similar. I told my hubby if he don't talk more our baby will mistook my loud and naggy colleague to be his/ her father.
Agree.. Me too. Guess bcos this is awkward stage for us. People look at us and wonder if we put on weight or pregnant.

Must talk to baby more, at 16 weeks they can hear already so must let them hear more daddy mummy voice

Lush

Yes yes that is what i tell my hubby too, he say he feels mine is more like fats, touch is like touching fats :"( haha ya i realise our babys are only days apart, you expecting a boy or a girl?

LynetteN

Yes yes that is what i tell my hubby too, he say he feels mine is more like fats, touch is like touching fats :"( haha ya i realise our babys are only days apart, you expecting a boy or a girl?
Don't know yet cos baby keep moving , not sure cord or penis or scrotums.
U know yours?