EDD Jan 2014

babytazz

During pregnancy, teeth issue seems to be part and parcel of the package for some coz of calcium. I didn't have problem during my first pregnancy but sadly for second tooth also chipped. Lol...

I guess if the tooth is really bad, the dentist have to weight the risk and benefit and decide which is a better option. Coz if left untreated, it may result in infection and not good too. But Missy you let yourself be comfy at the dentist. Coz third trim Ald, lowering on chair and on your back for a while is a bit tougher.

skeubs

Anyone concerned about birth weight? I am trying to put on more weight during these last few weeks of gestation. I hope my bub comes out near to 2.5kg...

skeubs

Ya... But if the dentist say it's fine, maybe it's ok...

Hi babytazz, >> unrelated question: how does your gynae tell whether the baby's lungs are developed? When i was 35 weeks (and the past 2-3 sessions) he just scan the AC to estimate the baby weight (which is low la.. i am almost due and still baby not 2.5kg yet)
does your gynae look at the baby's lung development?

babytazz

Skeubs - i'm not expert leh. Lol... But lungs development should be estimated base on weeks. Earlier on could be able to scan to see how well it is formed I guess (as in shape). If you are in hospital for preterm labour, mine at 31 weeks + previously, they will give steriod injection to boost up the development of lungs. I think only at wk 36 onwards then they won't do that coz you are safe to deliver anytime - baby is well grown.

you can try boosting up the weight of your bb by eating durian or sweet stuff. But if you have GD, you have to avoid these... Did your gynae voice out concern on baby weight and ask you to eat more stuff? Baby weights are estimated. They may come out heavier or lighter than estimated.

Missy10

illuz:846602 said:
Is it a must to extract? I went for filling too recently cos duno why old filling chip and caused sensitivity. I was scared too.. My dentist didn't want to do anything major including numbing injection. She suspected my decay could have worsen but she say temporary just help me fill back first. After give birth already then go back as I may need X-ray and root canal if it's bad.
Illuz - my filling chipped off... and its a root canal case... so its either root canal treatment or extraction, i prefer extraction.... as root canal treatment is not cheap....

Babytazz - im lucky to have this experienced dentist who does the extraction.... now that im relieved after the extraction.... i can get my rest....

babytazz

I'm strep b positive :( have to take antibiotics for a week
Actually did gynae advise if positive you take antibiotics in advance, how long can the med effect last? Coz I read that med will be given during delivery... Initially tot it was an injection, then realized it was medicine in a drip.

btw, don't be sad... Strep B infection is not uncommon. The antibiotics given is to prevent it from bring passed over to your baby during normal delivery. :)

babytazz

Illuz - my filling chipped off... and its a root canal case... so its either root canal treatment or extraction, i prefer extraction.... as root canal treatment is not cheap....

Babytazz - im lucky to have this experienced dentist who does the extraction.... now that im relieved after the extraction.... i can get my rest....
You are really lucky! Gosh looks like all of us have tooth/filling chipping off... Mine was a combi. Started off with filling chip off then I was hearing advice to go after birth. End up tooth chip off... Almost cannot treat with filling. The dentist told me may need root canal treatment if it is bad. Lucky after filling treatment it was ok... They never set any date for check up but mention after birth I need to go back and do check up.

Rzena

Hi alicianeo, I bought from a budget store named Good Price Centre in Bedok South market...

Hi Rzena. May i know where is the neighbourhood budget shop u got the maternity disposable panties? Have been looking around and can't find anywhere that sells maternity disposable panties. TIA! :001_302:

Rzena

Went for my gyane checkup yesterday. My boy has crossed over the 3kg mark now at week 36. Saw his 3D scan and he looks so cute! Excited and counting down now...
Also did my strep b swab test...was not painful at all.

illuz

Missy, glad that your extraction went well and you can have a peace of mind now till delivery. My case was similar to babytazz but now after fill is ok.

Babytazz, I read that too but I was asked to take oral antibiotics. Didn't get a chance to see doctor to ask her if drip is still needed during delivery. It was quite rush and the clinic already closed. The nurse is very nice to wait for us. She wanted me to start the course immediately as I'm already full term and may deliver anytime.

Counting down!! Everyone's going natural? Anybody going for elective csect?

Missy10

Im still waiting for gynae to give green light for natural.... shall know this coming tues.... also doing strep test....

Packed the hospital bag, and started to pack clothings to mum's place, as im doing my confinement there

Xiaobaobei

Hello!

New user here. My EDD is on 1st Jan. Hopefully to be able to pop him out on that special date. Good luck & jiayou to all mummy! ^_^
I am very nervous as always cramps nowadays. When cramps come, I am on high alert but always false alarm. Lol. My husband everytime hear me say cramp will say 'Baby coming out le ah?' LOL. My answer is 'I hope'.

1st pregnancy here, very scare during laboring not enough strength to push out or have other complicated. :/ *cross finger*

babytazz

Welcome! Maybe your cramps are Braxton hicks? Real contractions are frequent, like every x mins happen once.
Dont feel nervous and start worrying. Just relax and let things come your way. Pack your bag and prepare your stuff in case or labour. :)

Lastly, good luck and jiayou to you too!

illuz

Hello!

New user here. My EDD is on 1st Jan. Hopefully to be able to pop him out on that special date. Good luck & jiayou to all mummy! ^_^
I am very nervous as always cramps nowadays. When cramps come, I am on high alert but always false alarm. Lol. My husband everytime hear me say cramp will say 'Baby coming out le ah?' LOL. My answer is 'I hope'.

1st pregnancy here, very scare during laboring not enough strength to push out or have other complicated. :/ *cross finger*
New year baby!!

Xiaobaobei

Asked the gynae today. I have heart problem so better not to induce. If not I want to gek him out soon. On the other hand, scare no cab on new year & Xmas day. ><
kiasu mum here! already packed. Waiting for that bigggg day.

nybcmy

Hi mummies! Need some "comments". I'm
at week 37 now and baby's head measuring at week 39. Im also tested positive for GBS. Doc told me of all the risks and asked me to consider on the delivery mode (Natural or Csect). What will be yall decision? Im in a dilemma :( on a side note, having contractions now but not yet dilated.

illuz

Hi mummies! Need some "comments". I'm
at week 37 now and baby's head measuring at week 39. Im also tested positive for GBS. Doc told me of all the risks and asked me to consider on the delivery mode (Natural or Csect). What will be yall decision? Im in a dilemma :( on a side note, having contractions now but not yet dilated.
Are u already on antibiotics? I'm on amoxicillin for 1 week, just in case I'm due anytime. During delivery, I will be put on antibiotics drip again. I'm going for natural..

nybcmy

Are u already on antibiotics? I'm on amoxicillin for 1 week, just in case I'm due anytime. During delivery, I will be put on antibiotics drip again. I'm going for natural..
Nope not on antibiotics. Doc only mention that 'll be on antibiotics during delivery. But now ive 2 factors to consider. Baby's head big & GBS. Sigh. Hubby say to go Csect as it's safest, but i want try natural. Therefore i would like to have some "feedbacks" from mommies >.<

Missy10

Mayb consider gynae decision first, if she says ok with natural then go ahead... but she says no. Then dun take risk even if on antibiotics

Mu bb weighs onluy 2.9kg at 35 weeks during the check on Tues, mayb its bcos i din get to eat and rest well for the last 3 weeks... next appt is on 7Jan so excitedl

Last edited: