EDD July 2012

engravedx

Glad to know I'm not the only one haha!

I was trying to pack bottles in case I need to pump so I sterilised a couple. Then I realised they remained wet after that! Should I dry them? But if I dry them with towel or air dry in the open, they won't be sterilised anymore right?? Or can we express milk into wet bottles? Anyone knows?
I have already given birth but I have the exact same questions as you. If I am feeding my girl, I will not dry the bottles. But if I am expressing milk or storing milk, I have no idea whether I should dry the bottles or not. But the bottles are sterilized clean, and the water is clean also. I think shouldn't be a problem for it to be wet as breastmilk/formula milk contains water as well. Though I always clean away the water with a tissue first. :\

kbph75

Hi all parents ,
I am Selling a brand new Little Tikes kitchen Cup Cake sealed in box. self collect at Eunos MRT. S$80/- cash on delivery

Features:
• Knob for stove burners makes "clicking" sound
• Real working drawer and oven doors
• Storage space for plates and accessories
• No batteries required
• Accessories included:
* 1-Cupcake tray
* 1-Pot with lid
* 1-Spatula
* 2-Plates
* 2-Forks
* 2-Knives
* 2-Spoons
* 2-Spice shakers
* 4-Cupcakes

Anyone interested , please contact Kelvin H/P : 96305352 for information...

Oojo

I didnt even think of that mei2009.. I compiled a list for hospital bag from various sources in this forum but bottles weren't mentioned.. Some exp mummy can tell if it's needed to be packed?

Engravedx- did you pack?

mei2009

I have already given birth but I have the exact same questions as you. If I am feeding my girl, I will not dry the bottles. But if I am expressing milk or storing milk, I have no idea whether I should dry the bottles or not. But the bottles are sterilized clean, and the water is clean also. I think shouldn't be a problem for it to be wet as breastmilk/formula milk contains water as well. Though I always clean away the water with a tissue first. :\
You have a point - if water is clean, should be ok. Then maybe we should use boiled water instead of tap water in the steriliser!

mei2009

I didnt even think of that mei2009.. I compiled a list for hospital bag from various sources in this forum but bottles weren't mentioned.. Some exp mummy can tell if it's needed to be packed?

Engravedx- did you pack?
Cos I don't know if baby can latch on, so bringing backup!

engravedx

mei2009- i'm using pigeon sterilizer. The manual says to use clean water, which i presume to be boiled water. But i use distilled water anyway. Shld be ok. Just not tap water.. Cos alot of impurities.

Oojo- i did pack but didnt use. But first few days is only colostrum, and really little. I'm not sure if able to pump out. But just bring cos even if bb doesnt latch on, u can immediately use the pump to stimulate milk flow. Anw i read somewhere that u can even start pumping before you give birth to stimulate the breasts..

PetPet

Yea, not sure bb will latch on or not, so i just pack the pump as well.if including the pump set, then it's more than a bag to bring to hospital.lol.but dunno I will be too tired to do any pumping there.

mei2009

mei2009- i'm using pigeon sterilizer. The manual says to use clean water, which i presume to be boiled water. But i use distilled water anyway. Shld be ok. Just not tap water.. Cos alot of impurities.

Oojo- i did pack but didnt use. But first few days is only colostrum, and really little. I'm not sure if able to pump out. But just bring cos even if bb doesnt latch on, u can immediately use the pump to stimulate milk flow. Anw i read somewhere that u can even start pumping before you give birth to stimulate the breasts..
I'm using Avent, didn't mention what water, I think.. Ya, I'd better change to boiled water and sterilise again just before going to the hospital!

Now I have a suitcase of stuff to bring to the hospital!

PetPet

Dunno y recently my swollen feet feel super itchy. Worried worried, not sure is this any symptoms for anything bad??

mrsrayyan

Oh yes.. Pls share wat to pack coz diff ppl/forum said diff things.. Dun wana overpack.. But at e same time scare dat i ll miss out certain things.. Haiz.. Anybody alr ve e 'nesting' symptoms? i tink im having it but like i wana do so many things.. But dun know where to start.. Haiz.. Though i tink i ve done most of e things.. But stil feels incomplete.. :/..

Oojo

Oh yes.. Pls share wat to pack coz diff ppl/forum said diff things.. Dun wana overpack.. But at e same time scare dat i ll miss out certain things.. Haiz.. Anybody alr ve e 'nesting' symptoms? i tink im having it but like i wana do so many things.. But dun know where to start..
Haiz.. Though i tink i ve done most of e things.. But stil feels incomplete.. :/..
Don't worry mrsrayyan, have it as well.. N how much ever I do, feel something or other is left out :) don't think we will be ready even till baby arrives.. So slowly trying to think less about it..

All MTBs have arranged for CL? Anybody gonna do on their own?

mei2009

Don't worry mrsrayyan, have it as well.. N how much ever I do, feel something or other is left out :) don't think we will be ready even till baby arrives.. So slowly trying to think less about it..

All MTBs have arranged for CL? Anybody gonna do on their own?
Totally agree! Guess that if we need sthg, we can ask hubby to go out and buy...

I'm not going for the full works for traditional confinement. I ordered confinement tingkat for lunch. Mum-in-law says she will cook sthg for breakfast and dinner. I also want other food like pasta and bah chor mee......! And yes, I'm going to shower and wash my hair!

I'm only bringing a set of pyjamas with front button opening, a jacket, a pair if socks, a set of clothes to change for going hm, some extra long pad, marriage cert, admission letter, all receipts so far to claim for medisave..don't even nd to bring anything for bb coz my fren who delivered at tmc told me hospital will provide everything bb nds, when u discharge they will also wrap ur bb up nicely n u can just go hm like tt..

Last edited:

engravedx

I'm only bringing a set of pyjamas with front button opening, a jacket, a pair if socks, a set of clothes to change for going hm, some extra long pad, marriage cert, admission letter, all receipts so far to claim for medisave..don't even nd to bring anything for bb coz my fren who delivered at tmc told me hospital will provide everything bb nds, when u discharge they will also wrap ur bb up nicely n u can just go hm like tt..
what receipts to claim for medisave? o_O" Or is it only applicable for private?

engravedx

Things to bring:

Identification card
Marriage Cert
Antenatal booklet (the booklet you bring for every checkup) or whatever hospital form
CAMERA
Handphone charger

Hairband, rubberband to tie your hair (My hair gets easily oily and it's damn gross to have oily hair in your face!)
Toothbrush, toothpaste, facial wash
Front opening clothes for easier breastfeeding
socks to keep your feet warm (i didn't bring)
jacket (i didn't bring)
slippers
Maternity pads (or the extra long pads for substitute. the blood flows like crazy for the first few days so this is very important!)
Disposable paper/cotton panties (just throw away after use, convenient!)
Shampoo & Soap (if you are intending to bathe. i did not bathe in the hospital)

Mittens
Towel/swaddle
1 set of bb clothes
(All depending if your hospital provides for bb or not)

For clothes, I wore back whatever that I wore to hospital on the day of delivery cos I changed before I went to hospital. Upon reaching hospital, they took my clothes and I was changed into the gown already. So my clothes can re-wear. Lol.

Most of the things I listed are based on what you need personally. AND there are ALOT of items which the hospital will provide you, so it's best to check with the hospital so that you don't bring too many things! For mine, KKH provided me with disposable paper panties and pads. I didn't bring socks and jacket, just cover myself with blanket and it's warm enough for me (i was in aircon ward). I didn't bring front opening clothes cos KKH provides hospital gowns. And I wear my slippers there. Lol... So for myself, I practically didn't have to bring anything at all lah. Don't forget to bring your cameras ahhhh! Take pictures of bb! ^^