EDD - July 2015

Zurayley

Hi there! My fren recommended me NUH'S dr vanaja but I'm not planning to go NUH cos staying at the east side.. Most pple actually recommends NUH over KKH to me so maybe u can give it a try??

zima

Hey Zuraley! Thank you for replying! Yeah maybe ibshould switch to nuh! But do you think its necessary to take a specific gynae?

Sparklingorion

Hi Zurayley & Zima, it's also my first pregnancy and I'm seeing Prof John Tee at KKH after reading all the positive reviews about him from fellow mommies. Although the hospital looks a bit ancient, I feel safe and had a good first impression of Prof Tee. Hopefully I'll stick to him throughout. My mom doesn't have a very good impression of KKH coz when she delivered me 30 over yrs ago, I was an assisted Breech case and her doctor went on holiday... I came out all purple... Almost suffocated and close to dying and I was her first child. Can u imagine how traumatized she was? Hahaha!

Hey Llynn & Reiann, our EDD seems very close! Mine is around 10 July.

Kodomo, in the meantime, you can buy those folic acid tablets (abt 5mg) from Guardian Pharmacy... Take once a day. Whole pack costs abt $2.00+ only.

Ladies, do post your baby pics once u have given birth ya? Exciting times!

kokomi142

first pregnancy

Hi to all the July mummies!

My Edd is 8 July according to my previous obgyn visit. With a bit of anti vomiting medicine I'm feeling a little better than I was 3 weeks ago. Currently I'm seeing my obgyn at Gleneagles.

Hope everything will go smoothly for us and our jubilee babies!

reiann

Kokomi: doesn't the anti nausea meds make you feel super sleepy? I took one and only one and it made me groggy. The next night I had trouble sleeping.

Zima: KK is fine. My obgyn is at Gleneagles but that's the price to pay for private obgyn etc. But KK is honestly the place you want to be if something is wrong with your baby. That said, we live in Singapore lah, all hospitals are first world, and doctors are all generally highly experienced.

Llynn: I am also very confused about the Down syndrome test to take. Three years ago there was only Oscar test or the more invasive one. Now there's this panaromic test which is a simple blood test with very low false positive results but it's expensive -- $1300!!! Ahhh. So I'm really not sure. I didn't do any of these test for my first pregnancy... Only the 20 weeks detailed scan.

Zurayley

Hi Zima, I was told of a few good gynaes at NUH but ultimately it's up to u who u are comfy with. Why not try out a few gynaes first and then decide on one for delivery?

kokomi142

Hi reiann, I had a non-drowsy medication so I didn't feel sleepy upon taking it. However that was in the peak of my morning sickness so I was always tired anyway... Now at 10 weeks I still feel nausea but I don't run to the toilet multiple times a day anymore. So I don't rely as much on the medicine now.

kokomi142

Hi Zurayley, depending on the scans and medicine you need, I would say the cost of each visit is from $100? The advantages, of course, include short waiting time and detailed analysis by the private obgyn. The clinic is also comfortable and the nurses are attentive in my opinion. To my husband and I waiting time is very crucial so we opted for a private hospital. It's also great that somehow we can get a somewhat regular slot for each visit so far.

Last edited:

uppergal07

Hi Everyone,

This is my 2nd pregnancy. My first was a 3 year old girl. My edd is in 7th July 2015. Had my first ultrasound on 28th Nov and already manage to hear the heartbeat. No morning sickness for now. Hope all ladies are in good health.

DiceWee

Hi All,

My mother is an experience confinement lady in Singapore & Malaysia & she is very experience. I'm saying that because i asked for her help twice when i gave birth of 2 little monsters of mine. :) I've also received good comment from her employers for years.

Do contact me for more info if you are looking for one 98160846. I can let her speak to you as well. Or probably meet up cuz she is in Singapore now!

Cheers!
Eury

guoyong

Hi all!

Wife went for scan last Thursday.. EDD is on 18th July. This is our 2nd child. Our boy now is going 2 next month!

My wife also have morning sickness and cannot take drink water, so she ask me to cook longan with red date for her daily consumption.

jesshz17

My edd is the next day after my bday!! 13 July. It seems many of us havin 2nd pregnancy. My elder just turned 4yo in Nov. Like Reiann, I am also very worried as I too have a history of miscarriages. This miracle baby really came unexpected!!

My #1 was delivered via csec (40weeks) as I wasn't dilated, no contraction, hardly felt any movement although doc advise can wait 2more weeks back than. But I was worried and scared of stillbirth as it happened with my fren's wife. This time wanted to try Vbac but doc advise NO. Damme sad.

have you decided on which test to go for the down syndrome? Anyone staying in the north east?
Hi Llynn,

This is my 2nd pregnancy. A surprise since we stop trying and want to have only 1. I am staying in the north east and I went back to my gynae at Toa Payoh

llynn

Hi Llynn,

This is my 2nd pregnancy. A surprise since we stop trying and want to have only 1. I am staying in the north east and I went back to my gynae at Toa Payoh

Well, GOD's gift is the most precious.

Mommies, how much weight have you all gain? Morning sickness seems to improve slightly little. But the tiredness and lethargicness still around. :/

fazitis

Hello Mummies,
This will be my first time too. Excited! Plus nervous. Its my 10th week today. Just got to know abt pregnancy last week. Edd will be on the 11th July
Just wanna ask abt the hormonal pills that the doctor asked if I wanna take. I said its okay. Does everyone have to consume it? Right now, I am just taking folic acid :)

kokomi142

Not much weight gain for me. Actually I lost a bit of weight in the first trimester. My obgyn just got me started on 2 capsules each day: multi vitamins and calcium.

Hope everyone's feeling better!

zima

Hello everyone, i'm currently at my 12 weeks. I encountered a dark brown discharge this morning and am super worried! Is it normal to have a dark brown discharge? All along during my pregnancy, i've always had a plain discharge until today. HELP!

llynn

zima:888364 said:
Hello everyone, i'm currently at my 12 weeks. I encountered a dark brown discharge this morning and am super worried! Is it normal to have a dark brown discharge? All along during my pregnancy, i've always had a plain discharge until today. HELP!
I pray and hope everything is good. Do you have any abdominal pain? I suggest go kkhome check for the peace of mind.

purpleflower

Hi Mummies!

This is my 1st pregnancy and I'm at 13 weeks now. During my 1st visit to the gynae, based on the length of the scan, baby is at 7 weeks. However, I am very sure baby was only 6 weeks based on 1st day of my last menstrual cycle ( I keep track of my menstrual dates cos of my job :p). On my 2nd appt, again the scan showed that baby is at 12 weeks although I think it should only be 11 weeks. So now my edd is on 7 Jul when I think it should be at 13 Jul. I guess it's no big deal, since only diff of 1 week, but I am just curious as to how this is possible. Any experienced mummies know why is this so? Hehehhe Thanks!