Edd june 2014

Eeyoremum

My gynae did my OCSAR scan yesterday and baby is kicking so hard! So different from my No. 1 who sleeps all the time. The OSCAR measurements are within acceptable range, now waiting for blood test results today. Phew!

Anyone started taking tonics? My mum in-law says need to start cordyceps to build strength for mother and another month's time, take birds nest to nourish the baby.

So now can take tonics already? Wanna take chicken essence but dunno can or not..

singsong

I can't feel baby kicking yet.. or maybe i dun know what the kick is like haha. Sometimes I feel something but it feels like my own heartbeat lol ... My mother wants to give me birds nest. Why is that good to have in one more month? Now not so much use?

I read online alot of people say can start taking bird nest. Tonic not so sure especially those herbs kind I think best to avoid unless u r very sure those herbs are safe to consume. The chinese believe like durinh certain months the tonics are to nourish the mother and certain months onwards is to nourish the baby. In any case I believe taking stuff like birdnest with rock sugar or maybe chicken essence once a week or once every 2 weeks should be safe?

wendy79

yes, birdnest is safe to consume during pregnancy. As for tonics yo need to be very careful, there is this gan cao, which pregnant mummies shouldnt eat as it may worsen baby;s jaundice condition. Better be careful

Eeyoremum

Wa.. I wanted to drink chicken essence coz feel tired in the morning and esp weekend w my girl. Feel so bad that I dun have the energy to accompany her.. Then during my 1st preg, I dare not take any of the tonic. Only bird nest.

As for bird nest, I heard that only can take after 16 weeks coz dunno if will cause bb to be allergy.. Then during 2nd trim u take, bb skin will be very nice! Then 3trim u take will only benefit mother. Haha..

Finally 2nd trim! Ladies, u all got feel better?

I think tonic like cordyceps and essence chicken is to help mummies gain some energy now.. I checked with the tonic shop and they say it is safe to take in moderation after week 12. Bird nest is good for baby skin during 2nd trim.. but can't overeat in 3rd trim coz it might cause phlegm in newborn.. The idea of pacing the tonic is to also ensure that your body and baby can absorb better..once a week on alternate tonic is reasonable.. I started cordyceps once a week, will start to take birdnest at about 16weeks.

Baby kicks alot.. maybe it's second pregnancy so I have started feeling the kicks.. sometimes it is one out-stretched arm (or leg, not sure) and it stays in that pose for a few minutes.. a little uncomfortable especially if pushed against bladder or stomach, other than that, it's quite fun to feel the movement.

Nausea remains bad but not worst , energy is coming back (maybe it's the cordyceps) and that is a big relief, especially when I need to look after my boy after work and on weekends.

Hope everyone is progress well!

FurryJ

hi all, i had just taken a fetal dna blood test with my doc last week, and according to my doc, it is more accurate than OSCAR with a 98.5% accuracy in discovering abnormalities and can even find out the gender too.
What the test does is it takes the mother's blood which contains baby's DNA, and from there, the testing begins.
my hubby and i opted for this as it is more not invasive at all, although the cost is more than double that of OSCAR! - $1700.
by next week, i should be able to know the results. crossing my fingers and hope baby is ok!

Serenit

I thought energy should return after 12 weeks? But, I am still feeling tired and sleepy. Especially in the afternoon.
Taking essence chicken helps?

hi all, i had just taken a fetal dna blood test with my doc last week, and according to my doc, it is more accurate than OSCAR with a 98.5% accuracy in discovering abnormalities and can even find out the gender too.
What the test does is it takes the mother's blood which contains baby's DNA, and from there, the testing begins.
my hubby and i opted for this as it is more not invasive at all, although the cost is more than double that of OSCAR! - $1700.
by next week, i should be able to know the results. crossing my fingers and hope baby is ok!
Wow.. That's really expensive.. My OSCAR only cost me $300.

I've signed up the thomson first born membership,Oscar test and detail scan at week 20 total 435 incl SGT
I recalled some discounts wth the first born membership but I didn't bother when I had my first kid. So now, not entitled. Haha.. I got a discount for my antenatal package from my gynae this time, so I am quite contented with that. Thomson also offered antenatal class, if you are first-time mum, should consider that. Wong Boh Boi is very reputable in conducting the class.. She co-authored a pregnancy guide book with my gynae which is quite informative.

liltleLemon

I recalled some discounts wth the first born membership but I didn't bother when I had my first kid. So now, not entitled. Haha.. I got a discount for my antenatal package from my gynae this time, so I am quite contented with that. Thomson also offered antenatal class, if you are first-time mum, should consider that. Wong Boh Boi is very reputable in conducting the class.. She co-authored a pregnancy guide book with my gynae which is quite informative.
Hmmm yupe. I heard from my friend the classes are not bad,they will teach you alot of things including massage,it's good if can attend with your partner

yvonnensn

FurryJ:845610 said:
I did mine abt a mth ago. Cost me $2k plus leh...

yvonnensn

Smurfete:846013 said:
I did mine about a month ago. Cost me $2k plus ...
Anyone opt out of the test? I scare of taking blood so did not do. I did for my #1, scare scare 3 tubes of blood. This time I did the scan only, in overseas, cheap cheap $50
I think the blood test is better than doing the amnio test where they will poke the belly button. But if you are below 35 then u can opt out of the amino or DNA test.

I thought the blood test focus more on dieases like HIV, Hep-B, Rubella etc? That's what my blood test report indicated..
I had 4 tubes of blood drawn for the test.. Not that scary for me, just don't think about it. My biggest fear is still labour, I think that is a lot more scary, given that I had a difficult labour when I had my first kid. Hopefully, this one will be a smooth one.

Anyone considering asking your gynae for a video ultra-sound? I haven asked my gynae how much it will cost.. anyone knows what is the pricing like?

Wee I just cam e back from gynae this morning and the blood test results are good, no funny illness from me and the gender has been confirmed as boy. (Though my Gynae had said previously its probably a boy) but finally its confirmed. 4 weekz after not seeing the baby on u/s, feels like the baby has grown so much. Feel so relieved to see him waving kicking. ^_^