EDD Mar 2014

jo1402

Jo, you already asked gynae about delivery package? I feel like it's still a bit early so I am shy to ask :eek:

I also want to ask about cord blood... I think I will donate to the public cord blood bank. The private one is quite expensive and I like the thought of helping others too.
Haha.. I'm planning to ask but ALWAYS forgot to ask. =p How much is the charges for cordblood, public and pte? Are you planning to go for pre-natal courses? Wonder who to ask abt such things. Gynae like always very busy and many patients waiting for him.

Just Me

Hi Mummies, currently in week 13 of my pregnancy.. I have been feeling extremely hungry all the time since week 9 of pregnancy. The frequency of my hunger has change from 3-4hrs to 2-3hrs!!! Do you have the same experience as me? Care to share your tips with me if you know how to prolong the time before you start to starve again??

LH779

JA13 - I told my boss pretty early, cos I keep taking MC. Felt a very paiseh, so feel there's an obligation to let my immediate boss know as soon as I can. then the rest of the colleagues slowly know cos they always see me in a bad shape as most of them when they see me they saw i very pale and ask if i'm sick. well i'm not sick mah, so told have to say i'm pregnant otherwise it's like i'm lying... I still wearing my usual clothes, and I dun go around telling the rest of the colleagues unless they ask.

Just Me - I have the same experience, sometime even worse it can be I finish lunch then after chatting with my colleagues untill the full 1 hour lunch break end, i'm hungry again. I have no tips to prolong the time before i go hungry again, cos I surrender and have to eat immediately, otherwise I'll vomit. So best is to keep food at hand. currently i've a few different types of biscuits with me at my workdesk :)

Just Me

JA13 - I told my boss pretty early, cos I keep taking MC. Felt a very paiseh, so feel there's an obligation to let my immediate boss know as soon as I can. then the rest of the colleagues slowly know cos they always see me in a bad shape as most of them when they see me they saw i very pale and ask if i'm sick. well i'm not sick mah, so told have to say i'm pregnant otherwise it's like i'm lying... I still wearing my usual clothes, and I dun go around telling the rest of the colleagues unless they ask.

Just Me - I have the same experience, sometime even worse it can be I finish lunch then after chatting with my colleagues untill the full 1 hour lunch break end, i'm hungry again. I have no tips to prolong the time before i go hungry again, cos I surrender and have to eat immediately, otherwise I'll vomit. So best is to keep food at hand. currently i've a few different types of biscuits with me at my workdesk :)
Yes exactly! Me too will feel nauseous if I don't eat. I have already put on 4-5kg for now and I can't imagine for later part. I know it is a good sign to put on weight during pregnancy but I am gaining weight too fast.. *faint* Have been trying to eat more hi-fiber food which some say can last longer but does not work on me :'( Has anybody start to attend prenatal yoga classes yet? If yes, where did you guys went to?

lltan

only started telling colleagues after 13 weeks...but boss already knew once am preggy, cos need to take mc for all check ups :)

jadeite

Jo, I intend to donate to singapore cord blood bank. The info is here: http://www.scbb.com.sg/DONATE/HOWTODONATE/Pages/Home.aspx

You can check Cordlife website - private cord blood bank will charge quite a lot.

Just me: I also feel hungry after 2-3 hours! For me, I can sometimes go home early in late afternoon and take a nap after a meal. It always keeps me feeling full longer...

yanyann

went for my 12w scan on monday and realized baby isn't growing and there isn't any heartbeat anymore.

i just pray i'll be fine and i'm just here one last time, to wish all of you a blessed pregnancy and a happy one as well.

jadeite

really sad to hear of all the sisters who have lost their pregnancies... praying for all of you that God will send you another beautiful angel soon.

lltan

Sorry for your lost :(
Pls take good care of your body...god will defnitely bless you with another angel.

Last edited:

chocolicious

Yup, I got my result on the same day I had my scan done cos was done by a Dr in KKH. Yeah, there is a ratio indicated on the report (just a piece of paper) plus your baby's gestational age by measuring the crown-rump length (CRL). Besides the CRL the report also indicate the nuchal translucency (in mm). Some info on this here if you wish to read more: Nuchal scan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The Dr said my risk is low (1/7300+) and can see baby has a prominent nasal bone (cos down syndrome baby dun have much of a nasal bone) and the nuchal translucency is normal (mine is 1.90mm).
Wow thanks!! Ur risk is super low!! Haiz..they sent me on a merry go round.my doc took e blood n sent to his own lab kept insisting theres no ratio results. Nw they chking wif another lab n said if nneedt know result tak another 2days.its coming 2 weeks oredi... its mt E ..tot pay more get more.bt dun even haf e basics..so regret din do wif at dr ben tham

Ssand

For those of you planning to go for the Baby Market Expo, here is a clear list of the booths and the items being sold. You can only get this list by signing up with your email on the babymarket website... so in case some of you not comfortable with sharing email address on the website (I dont't usually like it!) here is the link :)

http://www.mummysmarket.com.sg/babymarket2013/pregnancychecklist/babymarketchecklist.pdf
ThNks for the useful info!
planning to go on Friday. Hope it's not too crowded.

jo1402

Wow thanks!! Ur risk is super low!! Haiz..they sent me on a merry go round.my doc took e blood n sent to his own lab kept insisting theres no ratio results. Nw they chking wif another lab n said if nneedt know result tak another 2days.its coming 2 weeks oredi... its mt E ..tot pay more get more.bt dun even haf e basics..so regret din do wif at dr ben tham
Whoa, so bad? I had my blood test done about 1 week plus in adv cos I also have to test blood group again (Dr wants to cfm mine is O- becos if so I'll get the Rh Incompatibility issue: Rh Incompatibility). Then I did my scan on 09 Sept.

allie

Hello everyone. Has anyone been to any hospital tours yet? I've a choice between TMC and Mt A. Have made arrangements for the hospital tours for early october.

jadeite

allie: I also have a choice between TMC and Mt A! Wow you're very fast - I'll probably go for the tours in Nov/Dec when work is not so hectic for me. Let me know what you think!! I was reading through some forums about the two but it seems like they are pretty much the same - both have very good reviews and some bad ones... I am leaning towards Mt A though because that's where I was born, haha. it's nearer my house and the parking situation seems better than TMC especially for visitors.

allie

Jadeite: I'm staying nearer to TMC but Mt A ain't too far, too. Just a heads up, if u want a weekend slot for the tour, you need to book early (at least a month in advance). For me, I'm taking a day off on a weekday to do tours at TMC and Mt A. Managed to get a morning slot for TMC and Mt A only has afternoon tours. So the tours can be done within a day. For TMC, u need to call up to book. For Mt A, there's an online booking system which shows all the available sessions.

I was told by my gynae that I need to decide on the hospital by week 20-something. So, decided to go for the tours early when I have the energy.

My colleague also reminded me to get my confinement lady soon.

jadeite

Ooh thanks for the info. I don't need weekend slot cuz my work is quite flexible... Probably I should book for November soon then!

allie

Was having a chat with my aunts. They were sharing that the Mt A nurses are very nice and caring. But that's their experience (which are more than 15 years ago). Haha! But then again, I'm sure either TMC and Mt A will do the job just fine.

Also anyone here planning to have a baby-moon? :)