EDD Mar 2014

chocolicious

Sorry but did any of ur doc get back to you for ur oscar result?
Mine is frm mt E bt e scan has to b done in paragon.results r known only 1 week later.
When I called to check the nurse jus said everything was normal. I thought it comes in ratio form for high or low risk?
Anyway jus signed up for another pkg coz im kiasu.
Its at thomson medical.dr benjam tham.siper recommend him!!! Yhe nurses n him r lik super caring !!!♥♥♥

chocolicious

hey! i'm finally back to 'normal'
was hospitalised last Monday due to the constant vomiting. things got pretty bad that morning, cos no matter what I eat or how slow i eat, i can't seems to get any food down. so went to KK to get myself warded, so that they can put me on drip. at least the drip put some color back to my face.. although now i still vomit, but at least i can get some food down after a lot of trail and error.

Anyone have any form of remedy?! it's really depressing, cos everytime when i'm hungry (which is like every 1-2 hours) I can't seems to 'find' the right things to eat. It seems like my BB is a big bully. e.g. Morning I can probably eat the Meiji Plain Cracker with no issue, then when i eat that in the afternoon, i can immediately vomit.

I'm really willing to try anything, even TCM. but unfortunately when my mum ask most chinese medical hall pple, they say it's normal that pregnant woman can't really eat. So even that option is out for me :(
Can try ginger tea or saw on internet tt alot of mtb get e sea sickness band.bt beta chk wif ur doc first :)

jadeite

some remedies work for some and not for others... just gotta try everything until you figure out which one works for you.

jo1402

Sorry but did any of ur doc get back to you for ur oscar result?
Mine is frm mt E bt e scan has to b done in paragon.results r known only 1 week later.
When I called to check the nurse jus said everything was normal. I thought it comes in ratio form for high or low risk?
Anyway jus signed up for another pkg coz im kiasu.
Its at thomson medical.dr benjam tham.siper recommend him!!! Yhe nurses n him r lik super caring !!!♥♥♥
Yup, I got my result on the same day I had my scan done cos was done by a Dr in KKH. Yeah, there is a ratio indicated on the report (just a piece of paper) plus your baby's gestational age by measuring the crown-rump length (CRL). Besides the CRL the report also indicate the nuchal translucency (in mm). Some info on this here if you wish to read more: Nuchal scan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The Dr said my risk is low (1/7300+) and can see baby has a prominent nasal bone (cos down syndrome baby dun have much of a nasal bone) and the nuchal translucency is normal (mine is 1.90mm).

jadeite

I didn't do the OSCAR test, but doc said yesterday that baby has high nose bridge/prominent nasal bone so unlikely to have Downs. Good la, mummy has a flat nose haha so hopefully baby won't get my nose... V hard to wear sunglasses lol

JA13

hello mummy-to-be, i am new to the thread.. i like to know at which week u start to announce your preggy news to your boss/HR/colleagues and friends? care to share?

chocolicious

Yup, I got my result on the same day I had my scan done cos was done by a Dr in KKH. Yeah, there is a ratio indicated on the report (just a piece of paper) plus your baby's gestational age by measuring the crown-rump length (CRL). Besides the CRL the report also indicate the nuchal translucency (in mm). Some info on this here if you wish to read more: Nuchal scan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The Dr said my risk is low (1/7300+) and can see baby has a prominent nasal bone (cos down syndrome baby dun have much of a nasal bone) and the nuchal translucency is normal (mine is 1.90mm).
Thanks!! Im jus anal..wana knw e result instead of just everything is ok result.
The nurse say e clinic din give em any ratio result..upsettt >. <

jo1402

Thanks!! Im jus anal..wana knw e result instead of just everything is ok result.
The nurse say e clinic din give em any ratio result..upsettt >. <
There should be a report cos they got to keep the data leh.. maybe u ask for a copy on your next gynae visit? I always forget to ask things like delivery package anc Cordlife things when I see my gynae. Next appt is in Oct.

jo1402

hello mummy-to-be, i am new to the thread.. i like to know at which week u start to announce your preggy news to your boss/HR/colleagues and friends? care to share?
Hi JA13, I was going to break the news to my boss when I hit 12 weeks (more stable), but I ended up telling her at 11 weeks+, cos she's rather busy with meetings too. I just asked to speak to her in private in a room and haha, passed her the HR Maternity Benefits Declaration Form lor. Some closer colleagues know when I'm like 5-6 weeks preg but some very kaypoh ones are guessing and lol, somehow I still dun wanna tell these pp yet!

jadeite

I'm a teacher...I told my HOD quite early (about 9 weeks) cuz we are all quite close in our department. The higher-ups and the rest of my colleagues I only told after first trimester is over, except of course for 2 super good friends in the office whom I told straight away cuz we are very close. :) should not wait too long also as the office would need to plan for your absence.

JA13

thanks jo1402, jadeite & rachie82 for sharing with me.. me n my hubby were so thrilled to find out our pregnancy (our first) therefore I got abit of concern over these.. :red:

jo1402

does your baby bump shows? at which week it starts to show?
Mine started showing ard 12 weeks or so but can't really tell with clothes on. My hubby kept saying can't see. ;p But I think if I wear dress then more obvious. Usu I wear top and pants to work, so less obvious.

jadeite

Actually my bump showed quite early... 8-9 weeks already can see. Plus after eating, easily bloated and find that I can't suck in tummy as usual so everything just looks bigger...it's all fats and water protecting bb! But hubby said that to me, it looks bigger from top down view but front view not v obvious haha. It cld be seen if I wore fitting tops tho.

Now I'm 14 weeks and bigger... Ppl offer seat to me on MRT alr! Hehe. I think bump is more obvious on skinny/petite pp too.

jadeite

Jo, you already asked gynae about delivery package? I feel like it's still a bit early so I am shy to ask :eek:

I also want to ask about cord blood... I think I will donate to the public cord blood bank. The private one is quite expensive and I like the thought of helping others too.