EDD Mar 2014

Ssand

Dear mummies-to-be
this is my first posting here.
So excited.

Btw,, regarding CL.. PLEASE BOOK EARLY.
I called at least 5 recommendaed ones 2 weeks back and they are all already booked for Mar.

Good luck ladies!,

peachmama

This will be my last post in this thread. I miscarried yesterday, even though I've passed the first trimester. Ladies, do take care & I wish you the best. It'll be too painful for me to follow this thread now that I've lost my baby.
Goodbye.

jo1402

Thank ! Jo1402, but I felt sentive and cried over
my work issue not about pregnancy and the future
plan ...cos I know nowadays pregnant women
will tend to have Pre or post natal blue just worry :)
may think too much :)
Hi Honeygirl,
Think it's hormones. But you can try to relax yourself more in other activities =)

jo1402

Jo, if you are handy with a sewing machine, I bought cotton knit from Chinatown to sew my own belly belt. Paid $12 per yard and can sew like 5-6 belly belts! V worth it. Another thing you can do is buy L size tubes to wear as belly belt. Feel that the branded version is not v worth it as it is just a cotton knit tube also. Can sew it myself.

I also feel like the screen v far away, hard to see clearly. Maybe I should ask my gynae to turn the other screen to show me also!!
Hi Jadite,

Haha.. no sewing machine at home.. I guess I will decide to buy or not when my time comes in need of one! No other screens leh. had my Oscar scan ytd! Heng the Dr zoomed in to see so i can see more clearly.

My baby was very uncooperative ytd! I spent 3 hrs at KKH -_- I had to try 4 times before the baby went into the right position.. Dr asked me to go and walk around and drink and go toilet for 10-20min etc each time... I tried with full bladder, then empty bladder, half full and full again. Very cheeky, it was bouncing inside my womb left side, then sat up, then back facing and even facing down at the 4th time! OMG I was so mixed with feeling, dunno should frustrated or laugh or wat. Dr has also no solution as the baby refused to cooperate even when the Dr shook my tummy w the scanner, or when I changed position on the recliner.

Ended up I tried laughing....internal shake the baby lor! I actually managed to laugh the baby from facing down position to flip over onto the back. Finally the baby lie flat enuf to be measured! I was so tired. Good that Dr can confirmed that the baby is healthy and should be normal as my risk is 1/7000+.Whew.... Said baby has a prominent nasal bone, wonder if he/she is like my hubby - sharp nose? LOL. I was the last patient to leave the ADC lor... but good to hear the result =) I heard the heartbeat too! But was distracted by the baby's position and Dr din tell me she's showing me the heartbeat b4 hand so by the time I know, it's over. But all seems well =)

jadeite

haha so funny! baby was dancing inside :) my next scan is next Monday, hope I don't have the same problems, bb please cooperate with mummy ok!

I was actually not going to get a confinement lady...just spoke to some friends who tahan 2 weeks without confinement lady then his mother paid for one to come and help them out cuz they were so tired... and they said they don't know how they survived without her :x my mom is supposed to be with me during the day but I'll be by myself at night... so I don't know if I really need a confinement lady since my mom knows how to cook all the food and all. she did confinement duties for all my aunties for all their kids (and we have 20+ cousins, haha). is anyone else going to tahan without a confinement lady??

jo1402

haha so funny! baby was dancing inside :) my next scan is next Monday, hope I don't have the same problems, bb please cooperate with mummy ok!

I was actually not going to get a confinement lady...just spoke to some friends who tahan 2 weeks without confinement lady then his mother paid for one to come and help them out cuz they were so tired... and they said they don't know how they survived without her :x my mom is supposed to be with me during the day but I'll be by myself at night... so I don't know if I really need a confinement lady since my mom knows how to cook all the food and all. she did confinement duties for all my aunties for all their kids (and we have 20+ cousins, haha). is anyone else going to tahan without a confinement lady??
Hi Jadite,

Yup hope yours would be more cooperative! My Dr was already at her wits' end. ;p Think my baby too cheeky.

I'm getting a confinement nanny - the one my fren employed for both her boys. No choice, it's my first baby and my m-i-l is working and my mum has health issues so cannot help. Furthermore 'night duties' quite tiring too. But I think I'm gg to feel weird to have a stranger at home. Sigh... my hubby gg to Taiwan for 3 weeks reservist training in early May next year lor, I have to take care of things myself...

Btw, any idea if a baby cot is ideal to have? My MBR is very small, cannot put another cot or hang those conventional "Yao lan". So can only put in another room but dunno if a cot is useful. I'm worried if to share the bed with baby plus hubby.. he toss and turns too much!

jadeite

I prefer to have a cot.. My bed is only queen size so not much space for bb. Have you seen the bed attachment - you can add a baby bed attachment on to the side of your bed. Here's the link!

http://www.coolthings.com/baby-bunk-looks-very-practical/

I saw this selling on a local site also. But it's v expensive, about 1k. And baby will grow out of the size quite fast I think...

jo1402

I prefer to have a cot.. My bed is only queen size so not much space for bb. Have you seen the bed attachment - you can add a baby bed attachment on to the side of your bed. Here's the link!

Baby Bunk Lets You Keep Your Newborn Within Arm’s Reach When You Sleep

I saw this selling on a local site also. But it's v expensive, about 1k. And baby will grow out of the size quite fast I think...
Looks good, but $1k?? wah...but it's good if you breastfeed...Ya, my bed also queen size, sometimes I ended with small space myself cos my hubby can take up my space too (I sleep on my side), so it's rather dangerous if share the bed w baby..I see many things really expensive and dunno can use how long.. even stroller also..headache.. and no one to hand down stuff to me ;p

jadeite

Hi jo, I found the link for you:

Culla Belly Co-Sleeper Attacheable Baby Cradle | pupsikstudio.com Singapore

I also don't really have anyone to pass stuff down to me as my baby is the oldest grandkid on both sides...what to do? some stuff I managed to get from friends who had babies earlier...some stuff buy from ebay or craigslist. the rest will have to buy lor. end up I'll be the one supplying my siblings and cousins when they have kids hahah

btw all mummies, heard that there is a Baby Market at Expo Hall 3 on 4-6 October. You might want to consider going to check out some baby stuff at lower prices...

i have no plans to engage confinement lady. my parents and MIL have agreed to take turns to help us look after baby. suspect its going to be quite crowded at my place, but oh well, more help is better than none!

my parents and MIL not very fussed about me not following tradition (e.g. showering, aircon etc). Although none of them are experts in cooking confinement food, all agreed that as long as I eat nutritious food, its good enough for me and the baby. i hope everything goes well!

chocolicious

Hi!
But usually when shall be appropriate time to
get a confinement nanny ? Since my EDD is march next
year:) please advise:D
popular ones u hav to book v early.my mum tried booking one for me last mth bt she has oredi been booked!

Btw if u gals r interested. Can try clarins oil for stretchmarks apparently works wonders. Get e oil version not e cream one ^,^

chocolicious

Hi Jadite,

Yup hope yours would be more cooperative! My Dr was already at her wits' end. ;p Think my baby too cheeky.

I'm getting a confinement nanny - the one my fren employed for both her boys. No choice, it's my first baby and my m-i-l is working and my mum has health issues so cannot help. Furthermore 'night duties' quite tiring too. But I think I'm gg to feel weird to have a stranger at home. Sigh... my hubby gg to Taiwan for 3 weeks reservist training in early May next year lor, I have to take care of things myself...

Btw, any idea if a baby cot is ideal to have? My MBR is very small, cannot put another cot or hang those conventional "Yao lan". So can only put in another room but dunno if a cot is useful. I'm worried if to share the bed with baby plus hubby.. he toss and turns too much!
will b getting a baby cot in another room.gg get bb monitor.cums wif screen n sound.
Dun wan bb to b too reliant to us.:p its jus a lil troublesome at e start..whn so tired aft feeding n leh chey to kip gg other rm bt it pays off in long run.
lolxx..was tokkin abt tis to one of my fren n he said he slept wif his parents till sec 2!! @,@

jadeite

Bb will be in our room for the first two or three months... Just so I can be less tired at night for the night feedings... My mom said anything to reduce the load will help. Make your hubby carry baby to you to feed!

Ya, best not to sleep in same room too long... My cousin was so attached to his grandma who shared bed with him, he could not sleep without her until sec sch. Too spoilt by grandma and he ends up being scared of everything and don't dare to sleep alone. Zzz

Layla0401

I did my 2nd check-up and OSCAR test last Sat with Dr H e n g at Parkway East. I took blood test and normal check-up and scan in the morning, and went back again in the afternoon for the OSCAR scan with the sonographer. Like all of you mentioned, it was quite amazing to see that a 5.5cm human being is already fully formed! Mine also had to be prodded quite vigorously and I was told to cough to get it into position. It was kicking around and even did a little "heil hitler" salute, sooo cute! My doc doesn't give out videos so hubby recorded on his phone and iPad. I had a good view because my doc hooked up a larger TV linked to her machine facing the mommy. I haven't got the results back yet. Also, I think they don't bother calling if everything is fine.

If anyone wants to compare notes on prices, I signed up for a $800 package which includes all consultations and scans from 12th week onwards as well as calcium pills, multi-vitamins (New Obimin). I topped up $37.40 for fish oils which the doc said is proven to be very beneficial for brain development.

For first-time mummies, it might be useful to check out the Medisave Maternity Package --> CPF Board - Immediate Concerns - my CPF 1

Basically, you get to claim all your pre-natal expenses (such as my package) up to $450 as well as delivery fees (hospital and doctor). You can claim from multiple Medisave accounts but the withdrawal limit is fixed depending on the type of delivery. You can check out the link for more information. Note that the $450 pre-natal expenses is included in the total withdrawal limit. You can choose not to claim any pre-delivery expenses, just the delivery fees. If you do, remember to keep all your bills and receipts and bring to the hospital when you deliver!

jo1402

Hi jo, I found the link for you:

Culla Belly Co-Sleeper Attacheable Baby Cradle | pupsikstudio.com Singapore

I also don't really have anyone to pass stuff down to me as my baby is the oldest grandkid on both sides...what to do? some stuff I managed to get from friends who had babies earlier...some stuff buy from ebay or craigslist. the rest will have to buy lor. end up I'll be the one supplying my siblings and cousins when they have kids hahah

btw all mummies, heard that there is a Baby Market at Expo Hall 3 on 4-6 October. You might want to consider going to check out some baby stuff at lower prices...
Thanks Jadite =) but the price is still very eye boggling =p Yeah same here... I'm the first among my sisters to have a child, same for my hubby's side. His cousin had twins a few yrs back but now also expecting the 3rd child. Haha, dunno if my frens can pass me anything as I'm not sure if they still have plans for more kids.

Yup, thinking to go for the Expo event too.

jadeite

wow thanks layla for the info... didn't know I could claim the pre-delivery fees. that's great!

also your heil hitler baby made me laugh out loud :p super cute! so that's another mummy that had to laugh and cough baby into position... I didn't know it would be so difficult! don't think my doc gives out video either, will have to make sure the hubs is on standby haha. He forgot both times before, too mesmerised by the baby's heartbeat on the screen zzz.

btw, you can actually get New Obimin from any pharmacy...I'm taking the Blackmore's one myself, cuz it comes with fish oil together...

LH779

hey! i'm finally back to 'normal'
was hospitalised last Monday due to the constant vomiting. things got pretty bad that morning, cos no matter what I eat or how slow i eat, i can't seems to get any food down. so went to KK to get myself warded, so that they can put me on drip. at least the drip put some color back to my face.. although now i still vomit, but at least i can get some food down after a lot of trail and error.

Anyone have any form of remedy?! it's really depressing, cos everytime when i'm hungry (which is like every 1-2 hours) I can't seems to 'find' the right things to eat. It seems like my BB is a big bully. e.g. Morning I can probably eat the Meiji Plain Cracker with no issue, then when i eat that in the afternoon, i can immediately vomit.

I'm really willing to try anything, even TCM. but unfortunately when my mum ask most chinese medical hall pple, they say it's normal that pregnant woman can't really eat. So even that option is out for me :(

rachie82

Try ginger tea bah... But don take so much at one go leh.

Tahan awhile till u rch week 14 and u will be so much beta. The chinese med don help with vomiting de =)

jadeite

Hi LH, I have a friend who had hyperemesis gravidarum (excessive pregnancy vomiting) and she also went hospital on drip. She says there is this Chinese medicine she took that stopped it immediately. I'll ask for you what it is, maybe it will help.

Just had my 14 week scan today, doc tried to see gender for me but there is nothing btw the legs so still possible to be a boy cuz it might not have grown yet... Hehe! Baby v cute, was sucking its thumb in the scan and moving up and down. Really makes you feel so happy and yet at the same time feels weird that there is really a baby in your tummy haha!

I've been having bad heartburn and nausea ever since I finished my prenatal acupuncture.. Sigh. Doc gave me meds for that so hopefully will feel better. Also seeing a cardiologist for erratic heartbeat so really hope everything will be ok... Scary ):