EDD Mar 2014

zhumei

yeah just came back from gyne visit and at 26 weeks day 6 my baby is now at 1.05kg. I have also arrange an appointment with mt A for the 3d scan and it costs ard $190++ after GST hmm its abit ex i feel but for the sake of wanting to keep the scan as a memory i will still go for it.
I was told that such scan is best done bet 28 to 32 weeks.
oh i see.. really ex leh... it's just scanning right? no consultation with gynae?

mine 26 weeks , baby at 900g just last saturday.

Ohya i wanna ask mummies here.. if your navel have protude? mine have not... and my tummy measures about 26 inches+ i think?

how about you all?

Last edited:

tpy

Yes zhu mei it does not include the gyne fee. My friend was telling me her gyne don't provide pre natal package n hence the 3 d scan is cheaper for her case but her per visit cost her more than 250 dollars. N the 3d scan will be done by Mt A as my gyne does not have the equipment. Mine navel button protrude out too.

jadeite

Actually I haven't had any constipation problems but I do have a lot of diarrhea problems.. I think it's better than constipation though, at least no problem getting it out. Haha. Sorry tmi!!

My belly button is getting flatter... It will probably protrude soon sigh. I hope it will go back in after delivery!

Don't think I will get the 3D scan... So far all my friends' 3D scan looks similar, all the babies look the same.. Might as well wait until birth to see real face. It's not long now, only 3 more months to go!

Anyone else gg for fair this weekend? I bought a lot of cute and cheap baby clothes in BKK, really cheap only $3-4 for each romper. But I still want to get baby towels and some other things. Have you all painted or arranged baby's room yet?

tpy

For my bb room we will wait for bb is out n the master will advice on what color of the wall n wardrobe suits her bazi. The work will be done during my confinement n I will b staying at my mum house. My new house has been audited by the master so now only left which bedrooms for her also

zhumei

tpy: Oh I see.. think i will save the money for the 3d scan. actually was also contemplating
the last time i went to c gynae at tmc, they did not give me picture of the ultrasound :(

Taboo: same! first trim not so bad but my constipation is very bad now too.. take ages to come out.. so im eating more fruits like prunes and banana to move my bowels. water too...

monz: me... i can suddenly walk and cramp. and especially in cold weather, it cramps up even more. i got back ache too.. so i try to relax my back. i will avoid pre natal massage though very tempting

jadeite: im going for the fair! hope it's not too crowded! hopefully got good deals there... never decorate baby room because she wil be sleeping with me and hubby in a cot first coz i staying with in laws first. my house not ready.

anyway, i wanna ask u all..

are you going to buy receiving blanket to bring to hospital? any recommendations ?

i heard from fren.. mt A actually will provide.. but how come it's inside the hospital packing list?

Taboo

I wasnt aware that we hv to bring the receiving blanket for my no 1. I requested for it during discharge. So I guess it is no included unless we ask for it. This time round I will bring..

icy0983

Hi All! My EDD is 1 Mar. Currently am also sourcing for Infant Care Services in Serangoon. Couldnt Decide but dont prefer a maid. I started to register for some Infant Care around my area & was told by my friends that waiting time could be very long.. anyone in the same situation? :(

jadeite

I'm also undecided about infant care and I'm a bit stressed thinking about it. Haven't made up my mind yet but seems might alr be too late to sign up for it! I took extended leave so I will only return to work in September. Will it still be too late??

Zhumei- I will be at the fair too :) wanna see infant carrier preferably ergo, boba or manduca... Seems to be the most preferred brands amongst my mummy friends.

Looks like gotta buy receiving blanket too!

Just had my checkup at 25 weeks, baby is at 75th percentile weight at 857gm. Phew, not so fat alr. Haha.

Last edited:

Layla0401

Haha jadeite, phew me too! 890g at 25 weeks.

Btw, I vaguely recall you posting on Graco cribs with pics but couldn't find it. Did you find these at the distributor showroom at Tagore Lane or at Baby Expo? Website for the distributor showroom only shows the soft playpens but not the wooden cribs like those on gracobaby.com...

jadeite

Layla, baby expo this weekend is selling the soft playpens:

http://www.babyexpo.com.sg

Can't remember where I saw graco cribs also but I got my Cheery baby crib from the same baby expo earlier in October!

myln02

I wil be going to the expo this weekend too. Can't decide on playpen or cot. Any advise? Btw my baby weight 890g at 27week.

Icy0983, i just put my name on the waiting list and see how it goes. For popular ones, i guess waiting time will be longer.

jadeite

Myln, the playpens are cheaper and cuter colors and can double as crib and playpen but it doesn't really last as long as the wooden ones that can convert to toddler bed. Also depends if you like the look of the wooden cribs or the soft playpens. Playpens are also easier to move and pack - they usually come with lockable wheels and can be kept easily whereas cribs are bulkier and can't be easily moved around.

zhumei

Yay...

agreed with jadeite about playpens and cots

one thing to take note is.. playpen is rather hot and stuffy too. I've heard of mums telling me babies are more scare of heat than cold. end up they didn't use the playpen at all. if you need a playpen to let bb play in the day, i rather u use playmat with play yard.

so for me, it's definitely cot.. can use upto 2 years old or 4 years old somemore.

LH779

hey I also wan to ask about receiving blanket. it's like that's that? issit just a square piece of cloth to warp BB in when he/she go home?
was chatting with my colleague and she say they will actually wrap the BB in it when you give birth (then won't the blanket be super dirty? I mean in the delivery suit there will be blood and all...)

BB recently pretty active at weird hours. Was sick yesterday so wanted to sleep in, but at 7am+, my usual waking time, he gave me a forceful kick! And also it seems like he doesn't like me to sleep on my left (which according to gynae it's better). whenever I lied on my left, i can feel him moving. but if sleep on back or right, he stop moving.

tpy

ya i also wanted to ask what is receiving blanket hehe
For a few days she could be very active most of the time for 24 hrs even during sleeping time. Got once i was shocked as i could felt the elbow being popped out of my tummy as my hand was being pushed up like 1 to 2 cm from that area.

Eleanor

For me recently bb has been moving very differently as compared to a few weeks before. ..mayb due to the limbs getting more developed? Some days I get such a funny feeling..like as if he is practicing crawling in my tummy lol..I can practically feel the 'crawling' kinda feeling..